Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end for kubbur.com?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The end for kubbur.com?

jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
edited October 2022 in Providers

Kubbur, known for their affordable 10Gbit VPS servers just announced they stop operations and they suggest that you refund your payments.

No warnings, they just announced it and all servers are getting terminated soon.

Apprantly it's not going well for quite a while now and they were even taken down last month by their colocation partner.

Thanked by 1ludama

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Well, contrary to popular belief in the LE* fields - bandwidth is not free and when you offer it for free on this scale, bills accumulate. And so do colocation fees.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • was to be expected

• Expected

• uh oh

• hibenjihibenji Member
    edited October 2022

I guess i am part of the reason
    But Kubbur did allow my speedtest server hosting, they even supported it.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Huh, I tell ya, you just never see it coming!

• RIP

The worst part is being told to chargeback for our account credit

• Joined their discord right now xD

• @dosai said:
    Joined their discord right now xD

How is it? Drama fully blown?

• Classy

Thanked by 1emg
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2022

Gamer kids and unsustainable businesses.

Name a better duo.

• Leifur Steinn Gunnarsson fucked everyone

• He just joined vc. His blood pressure is insane rn

• He dumped the company for $80k and is restarting with https://northlayer.is

Thanked by 1tmepy
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

What is fucked, cannot be unfucked.

Thanked by 2mikewazar bluu
  • BuyVM refugee offers where? :C

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Isn’t this their third attempt?

On their website they listed some other failed hosting companies, at least a few weeks ago

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@stefeman said:
    BuyVM refugee offers where? :confused:

I don't think Karen's going to let me do another :P There is 5900x's in LUX though, with free upgrade to burstable 10Gbit coming any day now :eyes:

Francisco

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited October 2022

@Francisco said: any day now

This upcoming week perhaps?

What about slabs??

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2022

@Francisco said:

@stefeman said:

I don't think Karen's going to let me do another :P There is 5900x's in LUX though, with free upgrade to burstable 10Gbit coming any day now :eyes:

Francisco

10Gbps with unmetered on a $3.50 plan is nutty.

• mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited October 2022

New owner is a known scammer(?). Offering unmetered 10Gbit KVMs protected by Cosmic for £3.5

• @mikewazar said:
    New owner is a known scammer(?). Offering unmetered 10Gbit KVMs protected by Cosmic for £3.5

Known scammer AND an all round clown

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • The situation with KUBBUR is very confusing as branding and domain data has been sold to one guy, and the customer data and their New York node has been sold to the other guy who is a known scammer.

And they've been having issues with server suspension for a long time before this whole situation unfolded (one of the server suspended screenshots is mine), and they also refused to give any compensation for the loss of my service. I had to switch it over to another provider to prevent downtime.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@MikeA said:

@Francisco said:

@stefeman said:

Francisco

10Gbps with unmetered on a $3.50 plan is nutty.

Never said unmetered limits are increasing, just allows people to burst. Realistically, usage won't go up much since it's mostly people downloading. We committed a lot of new bandwidth in the past month or so. We're at ~400Gbit globally now and hope to be ~700Gbit by end end of next month.

@jahrinc said: This upcoming week perhaps?

What about slabs??

Things are just badblocking at the moment. My current estimates say they'll be ready on Tuesday :) The 5900x's will go live then too.

Francisco

Thanked by 2MikeA jahrinc
  • Got timed out on Discord by small pp Ellis (failure in business) or Jen (some Asian lady who bought the brand/panel and Discord)

• @hrryt said:
    The situation with KUBBUR is very confusing as branding and domain data has been sold to one guy, and the customer data and their New York node has been sold to the other guy who is a known scammer.

And they've been having issues with server suspension for a long time before this whole situation unfolded (one of the server suspended screenshots is mine), and they also refused to give any compensation for the loss of my service. I had to switch it over to another provider to prevent downtime.

Also pretty sure that selling the customer data violates their Terms of Service and/or GDPR

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

oh god, so kuxo is taking over kubbur?

@tomasduck can you confirm this?

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • @FatGrizzly said:

Yes the client base was sold to Kuxo (Ellis)

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@mikewazar said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Yes the client base was sold to Kuxo (Ellis)

oh lmfao. kubbur lost its rep in minutes...

@LeifurGunnarsson (kjartan) can you shed us some light on this issue

• LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep

@mikewazar said:
    He dumped the company for $80k and is restarting with https://northlayer.is

Hi! This is Kjartan writing. I will do my best to reply to all of the posts here to hopefully shed some light on the issues that have surfaced here. I won't try to defend any actions as I definitely think mistakes have been made with how this whole ordeal has been handled. For now all I ask is that you keep Northlayer's discussion out of this conversation. There are much more people than just me and Leifur involved with that company and it would not be fair for the others if the company gets a bad rep over something we've done at a different venture.

Will talk here soon.
    ~ kjartan

This discussion has been closed.