Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner - Traffic Use Notice - unlimited != unlimited - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner - Traffic Use Notice - unlimited != unlimited

Comments

• Notice how they don't reply to this thread when they have been active today and replied to another thread, it means this is something they are planning to implement soon to all dedicated servers.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2022

Who is “They” ?

They. Pronoun

people in general:

They say he's rich.
    nominative singular pronoun:
    (used to refer to a generic or unspecified person previously mentioned, about to be mentioned, or present in the immediate context):

(Dictionary dot com)

• xrzxrz Member
    edited July 2022

@vyas11 said: They

he means @Hetzner_OL, why bother to reply, they got what they wanted, customer leaving to free up traffic. //unlimitedTM :D

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited July 2022

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    Notice how they don't reply to this thread when they have been active today and replied to another thread, it means this is something they are planning to implement soon to all dedicated servers.

This kind of behaviour is pretty common when the topic at hand is one that the assigned community person (Katie and another I don't remember the name of) doesn't see as something they can comment on, for one reason or another. Possible they forwarded it internally even without saying this, or are well aware of the answer and are restricted from commenting at the moment.
    Either that or they missed it.

I would personally be quite hesitant in assuming its evident of an imminent change, but that certainly is one of the possibilities.

Thanked by 1drivex
  • xrzxrz Member
    edited July 2022

@Erisa said: I would personally be quite hesitant in assuming its evident of an imminent change, but that certainly is one of the possibilities.

i said before that they dont need change anything. just keep the lie.
    they would rather simply send mail like that and you have choice to make it to the traffic level they want (still not 100% they wont terminate you since the mail comes from [email protected] i take it personally that you as person is on their blacklist) or leave. simply as that.

• drivexdrivex Member

@Erisa said:
    I would personally be quite hesitant in assuming its evident of an imminent change, but that certainly is one of the possibilities.

Silence from Hetzner is never a good thing.

• xrzxrz Member
    edited July 2022

@drivex said: Silence from Hetzner is never a good thing.

they dont care, one, two, three customers complaining ... money coming so what...

• ralfralf Member

I suspect they're not answering because they probably can't wait to see the back of you.

• xrzxrz Member
    edited July 2022

@ralf said: can't wait to see the back of you.

well i cant wait till they stop lying and update their pages to state limits
    simply put max. traffic is 250TB, above it is paid...

• ErisaErisa Member

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    Notice how they don't reply to this thread when they have been active today and replied to another thread, it means this is something they are planning to implement soon to all dedicated servers.

By the way, what do you mean by "replied to another thread"?

I do see the activity indicator show online activity today, but I don't see any posts: https://lowendtalk.com/profile/comments/Hetzner_OL

• ralfralf Member

@xrz said:

@ralf said: can't wait to see the back of you.

well i cant wait till they stop lying then

At the risk of starting yet another inane cycle of you repeating exactly the same thing over and over and over and over and over, they're not lying.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@proton said:
    It's just like buffet, they all advertised as unlimited, but you can't really cunsume terrible amount.

Exactly which is why it should be stated: "unlimited buffet with maximum 2 litters of soup per meal"

• xrzxrz Member
    edited July 2022

@ralf said: they're not lying.

unlimited 1Gbit/s = 320TB and not 250TB, its a lie

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax41-nvme
    Connection: 1 GBit/s port
    Guaranteed bandwidth: 1 GBit/s
    Traffic: Unlimited *
    *Traffic usage is unlimited and free of charge.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • drivexdrivex Member
    edited July 2022

If you search the internal community forum of Hetzner you see what i'm trying to say: Many - even really "old" - customers are complaining since several months that Hetzner should really improve their communication and remember them how it got worse compared to the earlier days of the company, even many outages (switch problems, ddos attacks etc) don't appear on Hetzners Statuspage anymore or only after customers made them aware of a problem. Also their communication in terms of changes could improve. I'm not sure if Kathie and her social media team isn't aware of many things, but why would i hire marketing experts, when they don't improve the communication of the company. I was always really satisfied with their service and their support is top notch, but the past months really made me think of switching providers.

• ralfralf Member
    edited July 2022

@xrz said:

@ralf said: they're not lying.

But by your own admission (as you seem to have given up the pretence of this being your friend's server now), it's not a lie.

You have exceeded 250TB a month. You were not limited. There is no problem here.

They have simply said they don't want you as a customer. You no longer want to be a customer. I really can't understand why you still care.

• xrzxrz Member
    edited July 2022

@ralf said: You have exceed 250TB a month. You were not limited. There is no problem here.

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax41-nvme
    Connection: 1 GBit/s port
    Guaranteed bandwidth: 1 GBit/s
    Traffic: Unlimited *
    *Traffic usage is unlimited and free of charge.

there is a problem, if we continue then the limit is 250 TB (for now) ;) and 1Gbit/s is not 250TB, i still care cause they lied, and it caused us problems with moving stuff... when you purchasing 1Gbit/s = 320 TB, why assume 250TB ???

• ralfralf Member

YOU WERE NOT LIMITED.

• xrzxrz Member

@ralf said: YOU WERE NOT LIMITED.

but would be if continued using

• ralfralf Member

No, you would not be limited. You wouldn't be a customer.

• xrzxrz Member
    edited July 2022

@ralf said: No, you would not be limited. You wouldn't be a customer.

"We will routinely check your traffic use. If we continue to see such a
    high amount, we may choose to cancel your contract." the smell of money ;) they keep you but you need to lower traffic, highly doubt anyone who got mail like this would stay :D

• drivexdrivex Member
    edited July 2022

@ralf said:
    YOU WERE NOT LIMITED.

I don't know why so many of you don't understand why he's so enraged about this. Technically he wasn't limited, yes. But in practice he was, because he can't go on with his business if he keeps the traffic amount that high at Hetzner.

Let's do another example: You purchase an VPS with dedicated cores, like Netcup does offer. Now you are getting 100% of customers hammering the CPU 24/7, because it's like that advertised. The provider now contacts all those costumers and is telling them: Hey, you have to stop hammering the CPU 24/7 otherwise we terminate your contract.

Would you be fine with this? If yes, then why didn't they advertise shared cores, when they didn't want to use them 24/7 for example? It's the exact same thing. I'm sure any VPS provider would be bashed into the ground for this over here.

Good Hetzner did this, if OVH would do this, this board would already turned into shizo-mode.

Thanked by 3xrz emgh fluffernutter
  • ralfralf Member

@xrz said:

@ralf said: No, you would not be limited. You wouldn't be a customer.

"We will routinely check your traffic use. If we continue to see such a
    high amount, we may choose to cancel your contract." the smell of money ;) they keep you but you need to lower traffic, highly doubt anyone who got mail like this would stay :D

That's exactly what they want. No provider will keep you on long term if you're costing them more than they charge you. That's why I'm interested to know who you've moved to, because I don't think you'll find anywhere you can move to at the same price.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • hetzner provides 1gbps up and 1gbps down simultaneously?

• drivexdrivex Member

@cybertech said:
    hetzner provides 1gbps up and 1gbps down simultaneously?

Yes, at least for dedicated servers that's the case.

• @drivex said:

@cybertech said:

plot twist, unlimited in this case is 660TB monthly

Thanked by 1emgh
  • drivexdrivex Member

@cybertech said:

@drivex said:

@cybertech said:

Yeah, that's why it's even more ridiculous. ;)

• ralfralf Member

@cybertech said:

@drivex said:

@cybertech said:

So, you're saying that as Hetzner don't count incoming traffic for anything, even a VPS, that they're actually getting 330 TB in and 250TB out and raising a fuss.

Can't wait to see their confused little faces when they realise their "unlimited" elsewhere is actually less than what they're complaining about here!

• edited July 2022

@xrz you paid for a damn month of unlimited you got a freaking month of unlimited. You never paid for a contract that promised forever the same pricing and usage.

You wanted the flexibility of a month to month contract- guess what you got it. In the real world that means no matter how much you bitch, moan, complain, get pissy; the vendor also has a right to modify things after thirty days.

If they never informed you of the possibility of not being renewed in the future, then they terminated you- you would be all pissy about that. Either way; because you didn't get what you wanted (lifetime commitment to unlimited at the same price), you were going to be pissy.

The vendot is following contract law. Shut up and deal with it- there is no lie. Plenty of users are on their unlimited plan. They decided you shouldnt be. Again shut up and deal with it as an adult who only signed a 30 day contract - so you could rage quit, leave in a hissy fit, or gracefully end your contract.

Dont want flexibility? Dont sign a damn 30 day contract.

Thanked by 2vimalware adly
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2022

OP is going to get ads for hemorrhoid creams this weekend, or by the time the ad targeting algos finish crunching the week's haul of data.

Also, TIL 250TB(a.k.a 760mbits 24/7 sustained) is nothing . 🙉💸

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • vyas11vyas11 Member

@vimalware said:
    OP is going to get ads for hemorrhoid creams this weekend, or by the time the ad targeting algos finish crunching the week's haul of data.

Also, TIL 250TB(a.k.a 760mbits 24/7 sustained) is nothing . 🙉💸

You had to write that when I was about to have dinner. Thanks mate!

p.s good to see you around- hope monsoons/zika/tomato etc keeping you busy

Thanked by 1Leftup