Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can we have old Nekki back? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can we have old Nekki back?

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Nekki said:

@FrankZ said: Please name these mods which have caused you to transition in this way, so I can show my appreciation for their fine work.

Whilst I clearly am not privy to conversations held amongst the moderation team, our wonderful moderator @DP was the gentlemen who held the actual conversation with me, and I assure you it was most cordial, we even spoke of cookery and other such topics before concluding our business. He should be given praise for his straight-forward and direct, yet very polite approach to this subject, which is in stark contrast to the frankly bizarre actions of some of his colleagues.

Thank you for confirming as I thought this was the case. It is good to know that I double thanked the right mod above.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@craigb said:

@FrankZ said: Please name these mods which have caused you to transition in this way,

When you put it that way...how are we to refer to you now @Nekki?

Sir, for now I wish to retain the same 'nom de plume', however I am not adverse to the suggestion of altering it, if that be the will of the community?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Ahhhh my morning read was here!

• caracalcaracal Member

Now that @Nekki writes with such eloquence and poise; could we the community grant him the rights to again create threads on the forums? Perhaps there we could see the true potential of this verbose style of his.

• QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep

@risharde said: Ahhhh my morning read was here!

LET never disappoints

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited May 2022

@Nekki said:

@NoComment said:
    @Nekki, you are going too far and this is clearly an example of malicious compliance. The mods specifically told you to write in a more family-friendly way. Your roundabout way of writing and occasional use of complex vocabulary will make it too difficult to read for young kids. Remember, the point is to be family-friendly and welcome kids here.

Sir, I am quite sure that I do not know what you mean, and I find myself almost mortally wounded by your suggestion. I'm not sure I will recover, but I shall attempt to do so.

I would certainly take umbrage with your suggestion that the use of complex vernacular will be difficult for the younger members of our fine community to read - I believe these young, hungry minds will simply dig deeper to reveal that which they do not already know and as a result will learn things they simply would not have expected to this fine day.

I do hope I haven't sullied our friendship to the point that things can't be recovered - what do you say old fellow, could we be firm friends once more?

We can still be friends if you answer this simple, straightforward and uncomplicated question of mine just to satiate mine and everyone's curiosity. Please rank your overall level of enjoyment in LET during these phases.

• No restrictions
    • No thread making
    • No thread making + family-friendly vernacular
    • No LET in your life
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

Your words have become harder to comprehend. Did you time-travel to the 19th century recently ?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Abd said:
    Your words have become harder to comprehend. Did you time-travel to the 19th century recently ?

No, but we've identified the spirits of people that's been accessing and interacting with his account.

• Charles Dickens
    • Jacob Rees Mogg
    • Luvvie Darling
    • Steptoe and Son
    Thanked by 1craigb
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@NoComment said:

@Nekki said:

@NoComment said:
    @Nekki, you are going too far and this is clearly an example of malicious compliance. The mods specifically told you to write in a more family-friendly way. Your roundabout way of writing and occasional use of complex vocabulary will make it too difficult to read for young kids. Remember, the point is to be family-friendly and welcome kids here.

Sir, I am quite sure that I do not know what you mean, and I find myself almost mortally wounded by your suggestion. I'm not sure I will recover, but I shall attempt to do so.

I would certainly take umbrage with your suggestion that the use of complex vernacular will be difficult for the younger members of our fine community to read - I believe these young, hungry minds will simply dig deeper to reveal that which they do not already know and as a result will learn things they simply would not have expected to this fine day.

I do hope I haven't sullied our friendship to the point that things can't be recovered - what do you say old fellow, could we be firm friends once more?

We can still be friends if you answer this simple, straightforward and uncomplicated question of mine just to satiate mine and everyone's curiosity. Please rank your overall level of enjoyment in LET during these phases.

• No restrictions
    • No thread making
    • No thread making + family-friendly vernacular
    • No LET in your life

I would be delighted to indulge your curiosity, what a marvellous little game!

So, from most enjoyable, to least enjoyable:

1. No thread making
    2. No restrictions
    3. No LET in my life
    4. No thread making + family-friendly vernacular

Thank you for this most though-provoking of questions, I have thouroughly enjoyed this interaction!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Abd said:

Sir, if only time travel were possible I would visit myself in 2011 and explain the terrible trauma I would impart upon members of this fine community and plead with myself to take an alternate path, oh if only it were possible!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Nekki said: I would certainly take umbrage with your suggestion that the use of complex vernacular will be difficult for the younger members of our fine community to read - I believe these young, hungry minds will simply dig deeper to reveal that which they do not already know and as a result will learn things they simply would not have expected to this fine day.

Kudos to you. I would agree that teaching the young to read between the lines could only help them succeed later in life.

Thanked by 2craigb skorous
  • what trauma, did anyone get traumatized online?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@FrankZ said:

@Nekki said: I would certainly take umbrage with your suggestion that the use of complex vernacular will be difficult for the younger members of our fine community to read - I believe these young, hungry minds will simply dig deeper to reveal that which they do not already know and as a result will learn things they simply would not have expected to this fine day.

Kudos to you. I would agree that teaching the young to read between the lines could only help them succeed later in life.

Bully Sir, I am glad to find a kindred spirit when it comes to the enrichment of the minds of the next generation, we must teach them all that we can!

@caracal said: could we the community grant him the rights to again create threads on the forums?

He'll need to re-run the Poll then :smiley:

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@DP said:

@caracal said: could we the community grant him the rights to again create threads on the forums?

He'll need to re-run the Poll then :smiley:

Sadly, this is a catch-22 situation; without thread creating privileges, I cannot re-run a poll, and without re-running the poll, I cannot hope to regain my priviledges. What a confoundingly infernal loop to find one's self in!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@DP Now that LET is family friendly I expect that a rule change is in the works?

LET is R-Rated
    We've already used the word "dick" and made a fork joke (nyuck, nyuck) so obviously this isn't Nickelodeon. However, we're not X-rated so please no full frontal tentacle hentai animated gifs, etc.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2022

I must concede that I rejoice in reading this newly improved and esteemed version of @Nekki which is altogether in discordant contrast with the elder and outmoded version. Sure the point at hand remains in how a presence, which should be inconsequential in nature, managed to spark such outrageous consequences.

@FrankZ said: @DP Now that LET is family friendly

It is?

Since when? :smiley:

• defaultdefault Veteran

@DP said:

It is?

Since you produced coercive actions on a fellow member of this refined community.

Thanked by 1adly
  • caracalcaracal Member

@QuantumCore can you still add a poll to the first page? :D

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@default said:

@DP said:

It is?

Since you produced coercive actions on a fellow member of this refined community.

Please let me be very clear, 'family friendly' was very much a terminology of my choosing; no such words were used in conversation with our friendly moderator.

@Nekki said:

@default said:

@DP said:

It is?

Please let me be very clear, 'family friendly' was very much a terminology of my choosing; no such words were used in conversation with our friendly moderator.

:)

• coldcold Member
    edited May 2022

@Nekki said:

@cybertech said:
    @Nekki you are fucking causing hurt to me now.

But Sir, why, and how? I am merely adopting a more positive outlook and a more verbose, but also more approachable vernacular to ensure that there is no slip back into the old, wicked ways of several days ago. Please tell me how I am causing you distress and if I possibly can, I will find a way to remediate this claret dreadful situation!

does someone threaten your life ? are u again holden against your will in some basement ? blind once for YES, or lick ur NOUSE for NO, we need to know, we wanna help you !!!! you can count on the LET Drama Group !

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2022

@DP said:

It is?

@DP said: Not many people can handle/accept the cuntastic Nekki we once had.

Thank you for confirming no rule changes and LET is still R rated.
    So than if @Nekki should return to his old self on say Tuesdays, there would not be any repercussions? Even if the snowflakes complained?

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@FrankZ said:

@DP said:

It is?

So then if @Nekki should return to his old self on say Tuesdays, there would not be any repercussions? Even if the snowflakes complained?

Sir, whilst I very much appreciate your fervent petitioning on my behalf, I do not believe that I would be able to manage such a scenario and guarantee that wickedness would not spill out across over days of the week, which would be quite soul crushing, I fear.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@FrankZ said:

@DP said:

It is?

So than if @Nekki should return to his old self on say Tuesdays, there would not be any repercussions? Even if the snowflakes complained?

Thanked by 2FrankZ adly
  • fuck the mods!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@kevertje said: fuck the mods!

Mods are a part of the community too. We can try to reason with them but IMO we should not try to fuck them.

Thanked by 2Erisa BlazinDimes
  • VoidVoid Member

@default said:
    I must concede that I rejoice in reading this newly improved and esteemed version of @Nekki which is altogether in discordant contrast with the elder and outmoded version. Sure the point at hand remains in how a presence, which should be inconsequential in nature, managed to spark such outrageous consequences.

It’s spreading

Thanked by 2FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2022

@jmaxwell said:

@default said:

It’s spreading

Next @AlwaysSkint will be doing it too. :sunglasses: