Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 62
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@ito said:

@VirMach said:

@ito said:

@VirMach said:

@BetaRacks said:

@VirMach said:

@foitin said:

@VirMach said:

@skkinsi said:
    tokyo any update?thank you

We're still trying to figure out what parts to buy directly in Japan and swap out to make them functional.

That would cost you a lot more than in the US and some manufacturers’ products are outright unavailable.

Savvy Japanese buy hardware from US and the total cost is lower even including the shipping and import tax.

There’s a BS phenomenon here called アスク税 (ASK tax). :s
    ASK, a hardware import company basically holds a monopoly on hardware import market in Japan.

FYI: https://monobook-org.translate.goog/wiki/アスク税?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Yeah, it's interesting. Some are cheaper buying from the US, plus shipping, but then there's also custom import costs I assume that will be added 10-15% on top of that, so it may be better to buy it from Japan as long as it's on sale for a certain price.

What's also interesting is the extremely low stock levels of most Gen4 NVMe items. Lots of quantity limits by merchants.

Right now I have the following our cart:

1 x Addlink A92 4TB Gen4 (Quantity Limit)
    1x KIOXIA Exceria Pro SSD-CK2.0N4P/N (Quantity Limit)
    1x Sabrent SB-RKT4P-PSHS-2TB (Quantity Limit)
    2x SP02KGBP44US7005 (No further in stock)
    1x WD SN850 WDS200T1X0E-EC (Quantity Limit)
    1x Corsair MP600 CSSD-F2000GBMP600COR (Quantity Limit)
    3x Samsung 980 Pro MZ-V8P2T0C/EC (Quantity Limit)

Then we can get the following up to 8-18 quantity, no limit, just what's in stock:

18x addlink 4TB SN92
    8x Crucial P5plus 2TB CT2000P5PSSD8JP

But I don't necessarily want to go with addlink and Crucial brands, I wanted to go with 980 and SN850 and Kioxia only but we can only get 5 of those total right now. Even if we can get above the quantity limit there's not that many available outside of the 980 Pro which would be fine so I'm looking into doing that. Only problem is to do that we need a business account which we have, but we need a Japan business account which I do not believe we'll be able to get set up.

(edit) What's super funny is the Kioxia was available in higher quantity, and at a lower price previously, but as soon as they found out we needed them they added the quantity restriction and upped the price by 10,000 yen each. But we're used to this kind of terrible luck.

Maybe you should try to buy from neighboring countries such as China/Hong Kong/Taiwan/South Korea, the price may be lower than Japan/Us

We're not concerned about price right now. Datacenter hands in Tokyo is in excess of $300 an hour and we also lose $200+ every day Tokyo is not deployed. We just want to get the best SKUs in highest quantity we can.

The countries you mentioned would not be able to get it there sooner. Next option is purchasing in the US and sending to Japan which is 3~ days ETA but I want to try to fix these by Monday.

Hi boss, I am also a loyal Virmach customer and not only that, I have also set up my own hosting company. I am currently living in Tokyo, so if you need anything for purchasing or anything else, please feel free to contact me. I hope Virmach Tokyo is up and running soon! :)

If you have 2TB SN850 in stock, let me know.

We need about 18.

The SN850 1TB is priced at 20,964 yen on Amazon Japan, roughly $165 per stick
    If you need it as soon as possible I can send it to Xtom as soon as I receive it tomorrow and it will arrive as soon as Monday UTC+9.
    If you're thinking more about price, I think it's better to buy from ebay...

Do you only have 1TB available? That may still work given the desperate situation but I need to double check and see we can get enough risers to make it work.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • Let my try! Invoice #1403169 Thanks.

• @VirMach said:
    I'm going to regret this as we get flooded with order and invoice and other IDs again but if anyone wants to be deployed on a semi-functional node, let me know. Only agreement is that if you get deployed you won't create any tickets about it and understand you'll most likely be the last to be deployed if you're on a server that doesn't work and this is beta testing at this point.

All updates and communication will have to be through this thread if you decide to provide your ID and get activated early.

You'll go on a Mushkin Gen4 NVMe that may or may not "go away" as I have been describing. And your order date will not be adjusted, as in you'll likely lose some time. So let me know...

Quote THIS full post here, the one I'm making right now, and provide invoice ID if you agree.

Invoice #1397616
    thanks.

@BZGOGO said:
    Please active the service of Invoice #1400428, thanks!

Follow the rules.

@wuandkv said:
    1> @VirMach said:

I'm going to regret this as we get flooded with order and invoice and other IDs again but if anyone wants to be deployed on a semi-functional node, let me know. Only agreement is that if you get deployed you won't create any tickets about it and understand you'll most likely be the last to be deployed if you're on a server that doesn't work and this is beta testing at this point.

All updates and communication will have to be through this thread if you decide to provide your ID and get activated early.

You'll go on a Mushkin Gen4 NVMe that may or may not "go away" as I have been describing. And your order date will not be adjusted, as in you'll likely lose some time. So let me know...

Quote THIS full post here, the one I'm making right now, and provide invoice ID if you agree.

Invoice ID: #1397159
    Thank you,i can test it

Activated.

@Chenery said:

@VirMach said:

Invoice 1399988

Activated.

@mireya233 said:
    I want to try it, thanks!
    Invoice #1398378

@gavinyu said:
    Hi,i want to participate in the test, please help me to open Invoice #1397267

Not activated, follow rules.

• @VirMach said:

Invoice #1399120
    I hope everyone has read the message before put the invoice ID...

Thanked by 2FrankZ skorous
  • @VirMach Invoice #1409287

• I want to try it, thanks!
    Invoice #1400973

@unclewang said:

@VirMach said:

Order #553269

invioce #1396676

@papi_node said:

@VirMach said:

Invoice #1397616
    thanks.

@tototo said:

@VirMach said:

Invoice #1399120
    I hope everyone has read the message before put the invoice ID...

Activated all 3 above.

• HM773HM773 Member

@VirMach said:

Invoice#1400113

• @VirMach said:

can i try it?
    Invoice #1398378

• @VirMach said:

Hi,i want to participate in the test, please help me to open Invoice #1397267,thanks!

@Exploit said:
    Invoice #1400973

@cgs3238 said:
    @VirMach Invoice #1409287

@Damenly said:
    Let my try! Invoice #1403169 Thanks.

Not activated, follow rules.

• @VirMach said:

@wuandkv said:
    1> @VirMach said:

Thank you,i can test it

Activated.

Invoice 1398485 ,places.

• @VirMach said:

Okay. Want to test it , thx
    Invoice #1397292

• @VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:
    I did not use 2FA, but I saw some error reports here, so I enabled 2FA for testing.

I received an email with a 6 digit code to enable 2FA and enabled Email 2FA.
    At this time I got a backup code.

I logged out and tried to log in again, waited 10 minutes and did not receive the email.
    (Note: I am using Gmail and have checked both in:all, in:spam)
    After that, I logged in with a backup code, and got a new backup code.

Then, I disabled 2FA and enabled Time Based 2FA.
    At least for now, it is working fine.

Email 2FA could have problems, but a backup code is working fine.
    After all, it's probably best not to use 2FA like I did earlier, if you can't note a backup code.

Email 2FA still has a problem with some accounts, I think it's mostly those that have multiple users or different emails between user and account.

I have only one email in my account....

Ticket ID? I can take a look now and make sure this is being handled properly.

thank u very much!

Our logging service is down right now so I can't confirm this 100% but this is most likely related to your email provider blocking our email. You need to contact them, but they are likely to ignore you. We wouldn't be able to assist you any further if that's the case and you also lost your backup code.

We can cancel/refund you of course.

emmm....i can receive other email from virmuch

I registered a new account, and help me transfer vps to the new account?

Or do I repurchase after a refund? but Japan is already sold out...........

I'll create one just for you on your new account after the refund.

oh, thank you! I choose Alipay to pay for the order, Refund to my alipay

Invoice ID please.

Invoice #1397189

@HM773 said:

@VirMach said:

Invoice#1400113

@mireya233 said:

@VirMach said:

can i try it?
    Invoice #1398378

@gavinyu said:

@VirMach said:

Hi,i want to participate in the test, please help me to open Invoice #1397267,thanks!

Activated 3 above.

• @VirMach said:

Invoice #1396827
    Thank you.

• I'm going to regret this as we get flooded with order and invoice and other IDs again but if anyone wants to be deployed on a semi-functional node, let me know. Only agreement is that if you get deployed you won't create any tickets about it and understand you'll most likely be the last to be deployed if you're on a server that doesn't work and this is beta testing at this point.

Invoice #1400973,I want to take the test

• skagskag Member

G> @VirMach said:

Glad to participate. #1398412

• @qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:
    I did not use 2FA, but I saw some error reports here, so I enabled 2FA for testing.

I logged out and tried to log in again, waited 10 minutes and did not receive the email.

After all, it's probably best not to use 2FA like I did earlier, if you can't note a backup code.

Email 2FA still has a problem with some accounts, I think it's mostly those that have multiple users or different emails between user and account.

thank u very much!

Our logging service is down right now so I can't confirm this 100% but this is most likely related to your email provider blocking our email. You need to contact them, but they are likely to ignore you. We wouldn't be able to assist you any further if that's the case and you also lost your backup code.

Invoice ID please.

Invoice #1397189

and here is new account [email protected]

• @VirMach said:

Invoice #1397055

• DUNAIDUNAI Member

I want to test . Invoice #1399036 Thank you.

@q00q000 said:

@VirMach said:

@wuandkv said:
    1> @VirMach said:

Thank you,i can test it

Activated.

Invoice 1398485 ,places.

Activated.

@derekyang said:

@VirMach said:

Okay. Want to test it , thx
    Invoice #1397292

Activated.

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:

thank u very much!

Invoice ID please.

Invoice #1397189

Refunded. Place any new order on new account and give me invoice ID, you don't have to pay, it can be any order and I'll cancel it then I'll add the order for the Japan special, let me know the special size and term length as well.

Thanked by 2derekyang qwerttaa
  • svip1314521svip1314521 Member
    edited April 2022

Please activate order # 1399004
    @VirMach said:

• DUNAIDUNAI Member

@VirMach said:

Invoice #1399036
    Thank you.

• @VirMach said:

Invoice #1400973

• SmilenceSmilence Member
    edited April 2022

Hi Boss, I want to participate in the test, please help me to open Invoice #1397338

• MayteMayte Member

@VirMach said:

Invoice #1397070

This discussion has been closed.