Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 61
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• J0rmoJ0rmo Member

@VirMach said:
    I'm going to regret this as we get flooded with order and invoice and other IDs again but if anyone wants to be deployed on a semi-functional node, let me know. Only agreement is that if you get deployed you won't create any tickets about it and understand you'll most likely be the last to be deployed if you're on a server that doesn't work and this is beta testing at this point.

All updates and communication will have to be through this thread if you decide to provide your ID and get activated early.

You'll go on a Mushkin Gen4 NVMe that may or may not "go away" as I have been describing. And your order date will not be adjusted, as in you'll likely lose some time. So let me know...

Quote THIS full post here, the one I'm making right now, and provide invoice ID if you agree.

Please active the service of Invoice #1396695, thanks!

• @VirMach said:

@tototo said:

@VirMach said:
    I'm going to regret this as we get flooded with order and invoice and other IDs again but if anyone wants to be deployed on a semi-functional node, let me know. Only agreement is that if you get deployed you won't create any tickets about it and understand you'll most likely be the last to be deployed if you're on a server that doesn't work and this is beta testing at this point.

All updates and communication will have to be through this thread if you decide to provide your ID and get activated early.

You'll go on a Mushkin Gen4 NVMe that may or may not "go away" as I have been describing. And your order date will not be adjusted, as in you'll likely lose some time. So let me know...

Quote THIS full post here, the one I'm making right now, and provide invoice ID if you agree.

Will participating in the test help you...?

The more people we have using the disk the better the stability testing, so it'll be helpful but only if it's not followed by multiple tickets asking us why the disk randomly broke.

@VirMach said:

I am willing to take part in the test. Please help me open it. Thank you for Invoice #1396819

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@J0rmo said:

@VirMach said:

Please active the service of Invoice #1396695, thanks!

Activated.

@jeffbug1234 said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:

@VirMach said:

The more people we have using the disk the better the stability testing, so it'll be helpful but only if it's not followed by multiple tickets asking us why the disk randomly broke.

@VirMach said:

I am willing to take part in the test. Please help me open it. Thank you for Invoice #1396819

Activated

Keep in mind all of you need to install the initial OS.

Thanked by 2FrankZ xemhack
  • bulabula Member

@VirMach said:

Lets give it a shot and see if this helps you in anyway my Invoice #1398475.

• @VirMach said:

Hi,
    I want to be the last to be deployed but I don't want to activate now. I want wait until my refund requests are solved.
    View Ticket #265465

• @VirMach said:

I want to participate in the test, please help me to open Invoice #1397285

@bula said:

@VirMach said:

Lets give it a shot and see if this helps you in anyway my Invoice #1398475.

Activated.

• @VirMach said:

Invoice ID: #1400140
    Thank you, I'd like to try that.

@quanhua92 said:

@VirMach said:

Hi,
    I want to be the last to be deployed but I don't want to activate now. I want wait until my refund requests are solved.
    View Ticket #265465

Refund requests handled in batched independently.

Thanked by 1quanhua92
  • pddpdd Member
    edited April 2022

@VirMach said:

# 1397590 COUNT ME IN

• kisakikisaki Member
    edited April 2022

@VirMach said:

@VirMach said:

I am willing to take part in the test. Please help me open it. Thank you for Invoice #1397101

• umzakumzak Member

@VirMach said:

What OS is available in that node? Ubuntu 20.04 os available?

@xhy1640 said:

@VirMach said:

I want to participate in the test, please help me to open Invoice #1397285

Activated.

• @VirMach said:

I want to participate in the test, please help me to open Invoice #1397146. Thank u

• @VirMach said:

I want to participate in the test, please help me to open invoice#1406038

@yotall said:

@VirMach said:

Invoice ID: #1400140
    Thank you, I'd like to try that.

Activated

@pdd said:

@VirMach said:

# 1397590 COUNT ME IN

Activated.

• itoito Member, Host Rep

@VirMach said:

@ito said:

@VirMach said:

@BetaRacks said:

@VirMach said:

@foitin said:

@VirMach said:

@skkinsi said:
    tokyo any update?thank you

We're still trying to figure out what parts to buy directly in Japan and swap out to make them functional.

That would cost you a lot more than in the US and some manufacturers’ products are outright unavailable.

Savvy Japanese buy hardware from US and the total cost is lower even including the shipping and import tax.

There’s a BS phenomenon here called アスク税 (ASK tax). :s
    ASK, a hardware import company basically holds a monopoly on hardware import market in Japan.

FYI: https://monobook-org.translate.goog/wiki/アスク税?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Yeah, it's interesting. Some are cheaper buying from the US, plus shipping, but then there's also custom import costs I assume that will be added 10-15% on top of that, so it may be better to buy it from Japan as long as it's on sale for a certain price.

What's also interesting is the extremely low stock levels of most Gen4 NVMe items. Lots of quantity limits by merchants.

Right now I have the following our cart:

1 x Addlink A92 4TB Gen4 (Quantity Limit)
    1x KIOXIA Exceria Pro SSD-CK2.0N4P/N (Quantity Limit)
    1x Sabrent SB-RKT4P-PSHS-2TB (Quantity Limit)
    2x SP02KGBP44US7005 (No further in stock)
    1x WD SN850 WDS200T1X0E-EC (Quantity Limit)
    1x Corsair MP600 CSSD-F2000GBMP600COR (Quantity Limit)
    3x Samsung 980 Pro MZ-V8P2T0C/EC (Quantity Limit)

Then we can get the following up to 8-18 quantity, no limit, just what's in stock:

18x addlink 4TB SN92
    8x Crucial P5plus 2TB CT2000P5PSSD8JP

But I don't necessarily want to go with addlink and Crucial brands, I wanted to go with 980 and SN850 and Kioxia only but we can only get 5 of those total right now. Even if we can get above the quantity limit there's not that many available outside of the 980 Pro which would be fine so I'm looking into doing that. Only problem is to do that we need a business account which we have, but we need a Japan business account which I do not believe we'll be able to get set up.

(edit) What's super funny is the Kioxia was available in higher quantity, and at a lower price previously, but as soon as they found out we needed them they added the quantity restriction and upped the price by 10,000 yen each. But we're used to this kind of terrible luck.

Maybe you should try to buy from neighboring countries such as China/Hong Kong/Taiwan/South Korea, the price may be lower than Japan/Us

We're not concerned about price right now. Datacenter hands in Tokyo is in excess of $300 an hour and we also lose $200+ every day Tokyo is not deployed. We just want to get the best SKUs in highest quantity we can.

The countries you mentioned would not be able to get it there sooner. Next option is purchasing in the US and sending to Japan which is 3~ days ETA but I want to try to fix these by Monday.

Hi boss, I am also a loyal Virmach customer and not only that, I have also set up my own hosting company. I am currently living in Tokyo, so if you need anything for purchasing or anything else, please feel free to contact me. I hope Virmach Tokyo is up and running soon! :)

If you have 2TB SN850 in stock, let me know.

We need about 18.

The SN850 1TB is priced at 20,964 yen on Amazon Japan, roughly $165 per stick
    If you need it as soon as possible I can send it to Xtom as soon as I receive it tomorrow and it will arrive as soon as Monday UTC+9.
    If you're thinking more about price, I think it's better to buy from ebay...

@kisaki said:

@VirMach said:

@VirMach said:

I am willing to take part in the test. Please help me open it. Thank you for Invoice #1397101

Activated.

@umzak said:

@VirMach said:

What OS is available in that node? Ubuntu 20.04 os available?

All of them are available [not ISO, template only] but not all of them are functional. As in some are broken on Ryzen.

• Please active the service of Invoice #1400428, thanks!

@ZengHu said:

@VirMach said:

I want to participate in the test, please help me to open Invoice #1397146. Thank u

Activated.

• 1> @VirMach said:

Invoice ID: #1397159
    Thank you,i can test it

• CheneryChenery Member
    edited April 2022

@VirMach said:

Invoice 1399988
    I want to test it, thanks!

• mireya233mireya233 Member
    edited April 2022

I want to try it, thanks!
    Invoice #1398378

• Hi,i want to participate in the test, please help me to open Invoice #1397267

@yiqingdi said:

@VirMach said:

I want to participate in the test, please help me to open invoice#1406038

Activated.

• unclewangunclewang Member
    edited April 2022

@VirMach said:

Order #553269
    Hi,i want to participate in the test, please help me to open Invoice #1396676

This discussion has been closed.