Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 59
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• @qwerttaa said:
    @VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

I can't receive the two-step authentication email. Can't log in to my account now. Can anyone tell me what to do????

Does anyone have the same problem as me?

How to solve it?

@VirMach I want my account back, And my vps on it

Are your account and user emails both the same?

yes, same one

I can receive a confirmation email when I turn on 2-Step Verification function

but I can't receive a 2-Step Verification email the when I sign in, I tried many times and couldn't get the email

ticket #552008

here is my email

wushantao
    -a-t-
    hotmail
    =d=o=t=
    com

hey, boss

help....

• @VirMach said:
    (edit) What's super funny is the Kioxia was available in higher quantity, and at a lower price previously, but as soon as they found out we needed them they added the quantity restriction and upped the price by 10,000 yen each. But we're used to this kind of terrible luck.

well that's fucked up. kioxia pro looks good on paper.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@reb0rn said: adata xpg are very slow, I would defo check sustained write speed first

Yeah we only went with the ones with specific controllers that work well but I guess never got into specific firmware issues with Gen4 board and Linux + virtualization, that's where we got stuck.

@qwerttaa said:

@qwerttaa said:
    @VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

I can't receive the two-step authentication email. Can't log in to my account now. Can anyone tell me what to do????

How to solve it?

yes, same one

but I can't receive a 2-Step Verification email the when I sign in, I tried many times and couldn't get the email

ticket #552008

here is my email

wushantao
    -a-t-
    hotmail
    =d=o=t=
    com

hey, boss

help....

I can't really help you if you're stuck here, have no backup code saved, etc.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited April 2022

@VirMach said: Does anyone know how we're supposed to pay Jon Biloh?

In used NVMe drives ofc :)

I assume you have an e-mail with link to invoice and that invoice has a link to pay?

https://billing.lowendtalk.com/index.php?rp=/store/lowendtalk-provider-tag/semi-annual-membership

• qwerttaaqwerttaa Member
    edited April 2022

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@qwerttaa said:
    @VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

How to solve it?

yes, same one

ticket #552008

here is my email

wushantao
    -a-t-
    hotmail
    =d=o=t=
    com

hey, boss

help....

your 2-Step Verification email system is down, cant receive mail from your system.

I also have a Japan vps in it, I don't even know if it's turned on or something

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@qwerttaa said:
    @VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

How to solve it?

yes, same one

ticket #552008

here is my email

wushantao
    -a-t-
    hotmail
    =d=o=t=
    com

hey, boss

help....

your 2-Step Verification email system is down, cant receive mail from your system.

Does the backup code not work?

@JabJab said:

@VirMach said: Does anyone know how we're supposed to pay Jon Biloh?

In used NVMe drives ofc :)

I assume you have an e-mail with link to invoice and that invoice has a link to pay?

https://billing.lowendtalk.com/index.php?rp=/store/lowendtalk-provider-tag/semi-annual-membership

Thanks, we are proud owners of a triennial LowEndTalk membership. I figured I'd lock in these amazing prices before they get increased.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Nice to see you back,I thought you were lost in bug.

Hong Kong and Frankfurt are being explored and close to being signed. Hong Kong will start out as same bandwidth levels but those will have their own AUP where if you use a lot of bandwidth we may step in and suggest you move to Tokyo as bandwidth costs a lot here.

Frankfurt has extremely high power costs but I haven't decided if anything will be done differently here as a result, we may just get by with shipping out lower power servers.

• @VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@qwerttaa said:
    @VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

How to solve it?

yes, same one

ticket #552008

here is my email

wushantao
    -a-t-
    hotmail
    =d=o=t=
    com

hey, boss

help....

Does the backup code not work?

I did not receive a backup code.
    Now the point is that I can't receive the two-step verification email from virmach when I login, and my hotmail is fine

Hong Kong more details:

Equinix HK2, network upstreams are China Mobile International, NTT, Telstra, Equinix IX and HKIX.

Hong Kong has low power costs relative to bandwidth so it will most likely be 5950X.

Thanked by 3fan FrankZ pullangcubo
  • foitinfoitin Member
    edited April 2022

@VirMach said:
    Hong Kong and Frankfurt are being explored and close to being signed. Hong Kong will start out as same bandwidth levels but those will have their own AUP where if you use a lot of bandwidth we may step in and suggest you move to Tokyo as bandwidth costs a lot here.

Frankfurt has extremely high power costs but I haven't decided if anything will be done differently here as a result, we may just get by with shipping out lower power servers.

Both xTom?
    Is xTom registered in Germany? hence the GmbH.

@foitin said:

@VirMach said:

Both xTom?

Yes.

• @VirMach said:

When I can login my account normally and get back my Japan vps, I will wait for the vps in Hong Kong and try to buy one, give me a good discount...

• foitinfoitin Member
    edited April 2022

@VirMach said:

@foitin said:

@VirMach said:

Both xTom?

Yes.

That’d be awesome.
    EU providers usually has pretty bad connectivity to JP (through Marseille :'( )but xTom is an exception.

@VirMach said:
    Hong Kong more details:

Equinix HK2, network upstreams are China Mobile International, NTT, Telstra, Equinix IX and HKIX.

Hong Kong has low power costs relative to bandwidth so it will most likely be 5950X.

Overall cost Hong Kong < Germany?
    Heavy dependence on Russian energy surely screwed German hard.

• vhhjkglvhhjkgl Member
    edited April 2022

@VirMach said:
    Hong Kong more details:

Should i believe it and wait one year?

• @VirMach said:
    Hong Kong more details:

Should i believe it and wait one year

• @VirMach said:

Wuho,JJ boom.Shoping time.

• I did not use 2FA, but I saw some error reports here, so I enabled 2FA for testing.

I received an email with a 6 digit code to enable 2FA and enabled Email 2FA.
    At this time I got a backup code.

I logged out and tried to log in again, waited 10 minutes and did not receive the email.
    (Note: I am using Gmail and have checked both in:all, in:spam)
    After that, I logged in with a backup code, and got a new backup code.

Then, I disabled 2FA and enabled Time Based 2FA.
    At least for now, it is working fine.

Email 2FA could have problems, but a backup code is working fine.
    After all, it's probably best not to use 2FA like I did earlier, if you can't note a backup code.

Thanked by 1qwerttaa
  • @VirMach said:
    Amsterdam
    UPS just got back to us for the Amsterdam shipment we scheduled one week ago, so it sounds like they're very backed up. Good news is... they got back to us finally I guess?

Tokyo
    UPS delivered these a little bit late so the datacenter could not set them up on Thursday as planed. Now they're scheduled for this weekend or Monday, but keep in mind we're still working on the NVMe issue. I've put together a list of other NVMe SSDs to try to use instead, that are available with quick shipping to Tokyo. We may just send these in over the weekend and have them replaced and see which ones work the best without issue and then schedule a second replacement.

No one cares why you do it or how you do it, just when you can start it, or the schedule for starting it in batches

• @tototo said:
    I did not use 2FA, but I saw some error reports here, so I enabled 2FA for testing.

I logged out and tried to log in again, waited 10 minutes and did not receive the email.

After all, it's probably best not to use 2FA like I did earlier, if you can't note a backup code.

yep....glad you received the backup code

otherwise, you will not be able to log in to your account too....

Email 2FA could have problems

• foitinfoitin Member
    edited April 2022

Wait. It’s still 1st of Apr in LA.
    Should take HK/DE announcement with a grain of salt.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@foitin said:

@VirMach said:

@foitin said:

@VirMach said:

Both xTom?

Yes.

That’d be awesome.
    EU providers usually has pretty bad connectivity to JP (through Marseille :'( )but xTom is an exception.

@VirMach said:
    Hong Kong more details:

Overall cost Hong Kong < Germany?
    Heavy dependence on Russian energy surely screwed German hard.

Germany's still a lot cheaper than Hong Kong overall.

From most to least expensive overall cost for us:

Hong Kong --> Tokyo --> Frankfurt --> NYC Metro/Chicago --> San Jose/Seattle/Atlanta/Phoenix/Denver --> Amsterdam --> Los Angeles --> Dallas

@foitin said: Is xTom registered in Germany? hence the GmbH.

Yes.

Thanked by 1isunbejo

@vhhjkgl said:

@VirMach said:
    Hong Kong more details:

Should i believe it and wait one year?

Don't believe anything I say, make all your decisions independent from my claims and you'll live a lot happier.

@cgkings said:

@VirMach said:
    Amsterdam
    UPS just got back to us for the Amsterdam shipment we scheduled one week ago, so it sounds like they're very backed up. Good news is... they got back to us finally I guess?

Tokyo
    UPS delivered these a little bit late so the datacenter could not set them up on Thursday as planed. Now they're scheduled for this weekend or Monday, but keep in mind we're still working on the NVMe issue. I've put together a list of other NVMe SSDs to try to use instead, that are available with quick shipping to Tokyo. We may just send these in over the weekend and have them replaced and see which ones work the best without issue and then schedule a second replacement.

No one cares why you do it or how you do it, just when you can start it, or the schedule for starting it in batches

I agree, but I like communicating everything here for those who understand it. I know it's better to be quiet, better PR overall, but I don't want to run our company that way. There's plenty of others that already do it that way if anyone prefers.

@tototo said:
    I did not use 2FA, but I saw some error reports here, so I enabled 2FA for testing.

Email 2FA still has a problem with some accounts, I think it's mostly those that have multiple users or different emails between user and account.

• @VirMach said:

@tototo said:

Email 2FA still has a problem with some accounts, I think it's mostly those that have multiple users or different emails between user and account.

I have only one email in my account....

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:

I have only one email in my account....

Ticket ID? I can take a look now and make sure this is being handled properly.

This discussion has been closed.