Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 60
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• @VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:
    I did not use 2FA, but I saw some error reports here, so I enabled 2FA for testing.

I received an email with a 6 digit code to enable 2FA and enabled Email 2FA.
    At this time I got a backup code.

I logged out and tried to log in again, waited 10 minutes and did not receive the email.
    (Note: I am using Gmail and have checked both in:all, in:spam)
    After that, I logged in with a backup code, and got a new backup code.

Then, I disabled 2FA and enabled Time Based 2FA.
    At least for now, it is working fine.

Email 2FA could have problems, but a backup code is working fine.
    After all, it's probably best not to use 2FA like I did earlier, if you can't note a backup code.

Email 2FA still has a problem with some accounts, I think it's mostly those that have multiple users or different emails between user and account.

I have only one email in my account....

Ticket ID? I can take a look now and make sure this is being handled properly.

What is your estimated delivery time this time? tokyo vps

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@manxsec said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:
    I did not use 2FA, but I saw some error reports here, so I enabled 2FA for testing.

I logged out and tried to log in again, waited 10 minutes and did not receive the email.

After all, it's probably best not to use 2FA like I did earlier, if you can't note a backup code.

Email 2FA still has a problem with some accounts, I think it's mostly those that have multiple users or different emails between user and account.

1 second to 1 year.

• @VirMach said:

@cgkings said:

@VirMach said:
    Amsterdam
    UPS just got back to us for the Amsterdam shipment we scheduled one week ago, so it sounds like they're very backed up. Good news is... they got back to us finally I guess?

Tokyo
    UPS delivered these a little bit late so the datacenter could not set them up on Thursday as planed. Now they're scheduled for this weekend or Monday, but keep in mind we're still working on the NVMe issue. I've put together a list of other NVMe SSDs to try to use instead, that are available with quick shipping to Tokyo. We may just send these in over the weekend and have them replaced and see which ones work the best without issue and then schedule a second replacement.

No one cares why you do it or how you do it, just when you can start it, or the schedule for starting it in batches

I agree, but I like communicating everything here for those who understand it. I know it's better to be quiet, better PR overall, but I don't want to run our company that way. There's plenty of others that already do it that way if anyone prefers.

ok,i like your do this,But what I want to know is that the 21st dollar package will open, and the storage package will be opened.
    What time does it?

• @VirMach said:

@manxsec said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:

1 second to 1 year.

Great, I love that you said it so much.

• @manxsec said:

@VirMach said:

@manxsec said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:

1 second to 1 year.

Great, I love that you said it so much.

NB

• @qwerttaa said:
    you received the backup code

I think "received" is NOT accurate.
    The backup code is displayed when 2FA is enabled and when the backup code is used.
    Therefore, the backup code has nothing to do with the problem with the mail system, and if the user is missing the backup code, it is their fault.

@VirMach said:

I don't know about other users, but as far as my account is concerned, only the owner's email address is registered.
    (I have no issues, but I can provide you with my account info if needed)

Thanked by 2FrankZ skorous
  • BetaRacksBetaRacks Member
    edited April 2022

@VirMach said:

@foitin said:

@VirMach said:

@skkinsi said:
    tokyo any update?thank you

We're still trying to figure out what parts to buy directly in Japan and swap out to make them functional.

That would cost you a lot more than in the US and some manufacturers’ products are outright unavailable.

Savvy Japanese buy hardware from US and the total cost is lower even including the shipping and import tax.

There’s a BS phenomenon here called アスク税 (ASK tax). :s
    ASK, a hardware import company basically holds a monopoly on hardware import market in Japan.

FYI: https://monobook-org.translate.goog/wiki/アスク税?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Yeah, it's interesting. Some are cheaper buying from the US, plus shipping, but then there's also custom import costs I assume that will be added 10-15% on top of that, so it may be better to buy it from Japan as long as it's on sale for a certain price.

What's also interesting is the extremely low stock levels of most Gen4 NVMe items. Lots of quantity limits by merchants.

Right now I have the following our cart:

1 x Addlink A92 4TB Gen4 (Quantity Limit)
    1x KIOXIA Exceria Pro SSD-CK2.0N4P/N (Quantity Limit)
    1x Sabrent SB-RKT4P-PSHS-2TB (Quantity Limit)
    2x SP02KGBP44US7005 (No further in stock)
    1x WD SN850 WDS200T1X0E-EC (Quantity Limit)
    1x Corsair MP600 CSSD-F2000GBMP600COR (Quantity Limit)
    3x Samsung 980 Pro MZ-V8P2T0C/EC (Quantity Limit)

Then we can get the following up to 8-18 quantity, no limit, just what's in stock:

18x addlink 4TB SN92
    8x Crucial P5plus 2TB CT2000P5PSSD8JP

But I don't necessarily want to go with addlink and Crucial brands, I wanted to go with 980 and SN850 and Kioxia only but we can only get 5 of those total right now. Even if we can get above the quantity limit there's not that many available outside of the 980 Pro which would be fine so I'm looking into doing that. Only problem is to do that we need a business account which we have, but we need a Japan business account which I do not believe we'll be able to get set up.

(edit) What's super funny is the Kioxia was available in higher quantity, and at a lower price previously, but as soon as they found out we needed them they added the quantity restriction and upped the price by 10,000 yen each. But we're used to this kind of terrible luck.

Maybe you should try to buy from neighboring countries such as China/Hong Kong/Taiwan/South Korea, the price may be lower than Japan/Us

• @VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:

thank u very much!

@BetaRacks said:

@VirMach said:

@foitin said:

@VirMach said:

@skkinsi said:

We're still trying to figure out what parts to buy directly in Japan and swap out to make them functional.

That would cost you a lot more than in the US and some manufacturers’ products are outright unavailable.

Savvy Japanese buy hardware from US and the total cost is lower even including the shipping and import tax.

ASK, a hardware import company basically holds a monopoly on hardware import market in Japan.

FYI: https://monobook-org.translate.goog/wiki/アスク税?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Yeah, it's interesting. Some are cheaper buying from the US, plus shipping, but then there's also custom import costs I assume that will be added 10-15% on top of that, so it may be better to buy it from Japan as long as it's on sale for a certain price.

What's also interesting is the extremely low stock levels of most Gen4 NVMe items. Lots of quantity limits by merchants.

Then we can get the following up to 8-18 quantity, no limit, just what's in stock:

18x addlink 4TB SN92

But I don't necessarily want to go with addlink and Crucial brands, I wanted to go with 980 and SN850 and Kioxia only but we can only get 5 of those total right now. Even if we can get above the quantity limit there's not that many available outside of the 980 Pro which would be fine so I'm looking into doing that. Only problem is to do that we need a business account which we have, but we need a Japan business account which I do not believe we'll be able to get set up.

(edit) What's super funny is the Kioxia was available in higher quantity, and at a lower price previously, but as soon as they found out we needed them they added the quantity restriction and upped the price by 10,000 yen each. But we're used to this kind of terrible luck.

Maybe you should try to buy from neighboring countries such as China/Hong Kong/Taiwan/South Korea, the price may be lower than Japan/Us

We're not concerned about price right now. Datacenter hands in Tokyo is in excess of $300 an hour and we also lose $200+ every day Tokyo is not deployed. We just want to get the best SKUs in highest quantity we can.

The countries you mentioned would not be able to get it there sooner. Next option is purchasing in the US and sending to Japan which is 3~ days ETA but I want to try to fix these by Monday.

Thanked by 2FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • Excuse me, when will the goods be delivered in Tokyo? Didn't you say two weeks were agreed at the beginning? Now it is delayed for a week and there is no response at all? I want to know when it will start up

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:

thank u very much!

Our logging service is down right now so I can't confirm this 100% but this is most likely related to your email provider blocking our email. You need to contact them, but they are likely to ignore you. We wouldn't be able to assist you any further if that's the case and you also lost your backup code.

We can cancel/refund you of course.

@lxz7758521 said:
    Excuse me, when will the goods be delivered in Tokyo? Didn't you say two weeks were agreed at the beginning? Now it is delayed for a week and there is no response at all? I want to know when it will start up

They're delivered, other issues, see last 20 pages of updates on this thread.

• itoito Member, Host Rep

@VirMach said:

@BetaRacks said:

@VirMach said:

@foitin said:

@VirMach said:

@skkinsi said:

18x addlink 4TB SN92

We're not concerned about price right now. Datacenter hands in Tokyo is in excess of $300 an hour and we also lose $200+ every day Tokyo is not deployed. We just want to get the best SKUs in highest quantity we can.

The countries you mentioned would not be able to get it there sooner. Next option is purchasing in the US and sending to Japan which is 3~ days ETA but I want to try to fix these by Monday.

Hi boss, I am also a loyal Virmach customer and not only that, I have also set up my own hosting company. I am currently living in Tokyo, so if you need anything for purchasing or anything else, please feel free to contact me. I hope Virmach Tokyo is up and running soon! :)

edited April 2022

@ito said:

@VirMach said:

@BetaRacks said:

@VirMach said:

@foitin said:

@VirMach said:

@skkinsi said:

18x addlink 4TB SN92

Hi boss, I am also a loyal Virmach customer and not only that, I have also set up my own hosting company. I am currently living in Tokyo, so if you need anything for purchasing or anything else, please feel free to contact me. I hope Virmach Tokyo is up and running soon! :)

If you have 2TB SN850 in stock, let me know.

We need about 18.

• @VirMach said:

@lxz7758521 said:
    Excuse me, when will the goods be delivered in Tokyo? Didn't you say two weeks were agreed at the beginning? Now it is delayed for a week and there is no response at all? I want to know when it will start up

He is probably referring to provisioning, not delivery or shipping of storage, etc.

@tototo said:

@VirMach said:

@lxz7758521 said:

He is probably referring to provisioning, not delivery or shipping of storage, etc.

To be fair there are about 50 people deployed right now on a functional NVMe that hasn't gone down since last update from me but I didn't disclose this and I'm not deploying any others until I can confirm it is stable.

So in that case, deliveries did already begin and 50 people have functional services, for now.

• @SonnyCUI said:

@SonnyCUI said:

@SonnyCUI said:

@SonnyCUI said:

@VirMach said:

@SonnyCUI said:

@VirMach said:

@SonnyCUI said:

@VirMach said:

@SonnyCUI said:
    I have Placed the 4 VPS orders, the system automatic split each one to sub account, when I purchase new vps.

Create support ticket, the support team said they will merge them to my main account, but finial someone refund my 3 VPS without notice me or the agreement they settle.

And I wait weeks, no one give me any updates. it's really unacceptable.

@VirMach Ticket #509751

The ticket you provided, I don't see that one being cancelled/refunded, it's pending.

Invoice #1399104 - Ryzen Special 384 LA
    Invoice #1400321 - Ryzen Special 2560 JP
    Invoice #1401040 - STORAGE-250G JP

already been refunded in my sub account, and money had back, when I wait the support team merge VPS. and wait to now.

Merge ticket is unrelated to that. Check other ticket, if you have other ticket that may be why.

I only create merge ticket to avoid any mis understanding, I did not create other ones.

the support team reply me as:

"Hi, please provide the order or invoice ID for each of these purchases so that we can track the accounts and merge them into your main account.

Qi G."

then I provided the all four invoices (16th MAR), the next day all 3 VPS in sub account had been refunded. and no one reply me or update me on ticket. I know it a week ago.

@VirMach please help on this, thanks a lot.

I need other ticket IDs you created.

@VirMach I only created Ticket #509751 for merge my VPS to my main account.

Now I create #114194 #498498 #940526 asked recreate invoice to process. thanks a lot.

I saw you route #114194 #498498 to billing department

940526 have not yet route to billing department, btw when these can be fixed?

@VirMach thanks agian.

@VirMach all the ticket not update, could you please help to push, it's really unacceptable, agreed to merge VPS, but refund the paid invoice indeed.

the tickets need to follow:#114194 #498498 #940526

@VirMach another two days past, cloud you please help to fix your support team's mistake?

@VirMach Any chance let support team to fix my request, it take 3 weeks they make the wrong refund.

the tickets need to follow:#114194 #498498 #940526

• @VirMach We want to know that it is just boot time.

• @cgkings said:
    @VirMach We want to know that it is just boot time.

I feel like we need to be patient, I don't want to let my VPS go out and disconnect etc.

edited April 2022

I'm going to regret this as we get flooded with order and invoice and other IDs again but if anyone wants to be deployed on a semi-functional node, let me know. Only agreement is that if you get deployed you won't create any tickets about it and understand you'll most likely be the last to be deployed if you're on a server that doesn't work and this is beta testing at this point.

All updates and communication will have to be through this thread if you decide to provide your ID and get activated early.

You'll go on a Mushkin Gen4 NVMe that may or may not "go away" as I have been describing. And your order date will not be adjusted, as in you'll likely lose some time. So let me know...

Quote THIS full post here, the one I'm making right now, and provide invoice ID if you agree.

• @VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:

thank u very much!

Our logging service is down right now so I can't confirm this 100% but this is most likely related to your email provider blocking our email. You need to contact them, but they are likely to ignore you. We wouldn't be able to assist you any further if that's the case and you also lost your backup code.

emmm....i can receive other email from virmuch

I registered a new account, and help me transfer vps to the new account?

Or do I repurchase after a refund? but Japan is already sold out...........

• kzedkzed Member

@VirMach said:

If you have 2TB SN850 in stock, let me know.

We need about 18.

Have you checked any online stores listed in here?
    https://s.kakaku.com/item/K0001309863/

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:

thank u very much!

I'll create one just for you on your new account after the refund.

• @VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:

thank u very much!

oh, thank you! I choose Alipay to pay for the order, Refund to my alipay

Thanked by 1vnklwwv

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@qwerttaa said:

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:

thank u very much!

oh, thank you! I choose Alipay to pay for the order, Refund to my alipay

Invoice ID please.

• Hello, I bought your VPS for the first time. The location is Tokyo. I see many people urging you to deliver VPS as soon as possible. I can understand you and encourage you. I hope you will get better and better!

• @VirMach said:
    I'm going to regret this as we get flooded with order and invoice and other IDs again but if anyone wants to be deployed on a semi-functional node, let me know. Only agreement is that if you get deployed you won't create any tickets about it and understand you'll most likely be the last to be deployed if you're on a server that doesn't work and this is beta testing at this point.

All updates and communication will have to be through this thread if you decide to provide your ID and get activated early.

You'll go on a Mushkin Gen4 NVMe that may or may not "go away" as I have been describing. And your order date will not be adjusted, as in you'll likely lose some time. So let me know...

Quote THIS full post here, the one I'm making right now, and provide invoice ID if you agree.

I want to participate in the test, please help me to open Invoice #1397436

• @VirMach said:

Will participating in the test help you...?

@tototo said:

@VirMach said:

Will participating in the test help you...?

The more people we have using the disk the better the stability testing, so it'll be helpful but only if it's not followed by multiple tickets asking us why the disk randomly broke.

@long1215 said:

@VirMach said:

I want to participate in the test, please help me to open Invoice #1397436

Activated, let us know how it goes.

Thanked by 2ikeran iamironman
This discussion has been closed.