Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• umzakumzak Member

I dont know what package you have bought, but LA status is handling, it means "Handling/shipped" may be 2 days to 2 weeks

• @VirMach said:
    NYC Update

These are for the most part ready but there's going to be a backlog. I may still do this before the international shipments if UPS drags things out. We already have a broker in Tokyo but not for Amsterdam so we wanted to use their broker services, except they seem to want a lot of information and no one wants to actually process it.

Just waiting for them to at least try to pick it up tomorrow, we'll see.

Los Angeles Update

I have a bunch of old servers that were supposed to go here but it's already been so long that the builds are outdated, I'm swapping some parts out and just reviewing everything again. Some of what was supposed to go to LA ended up going elsewhere for now, so I'll create more servers and we can send these out in smaller batches to LA instead of one giant batch. (edit) To clarify, these are already marked "handling" but some are "handling" now while others are rolled back a little. It won't affect the ultimate ETA, we don't need all of them there at once.

San Jose update

I was told earlier today I'd get the final information I require to set these up.

Seattle update

All orders activated here new servers set up. New new servers still pending racking.

All others

Still pending racking, no update.

ok, hopefully it will be resolved soon
    thank's

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited March 2022

Oh, I have no problem with Amazon crushing UPS and FedEx. Both UPS and FedEx are no better than 20 years ago, despite all the fucking tech improvements.

I also had an issue with a 110lb pick up last week. I say it requires extra handling two places during the order plus during the specific pickup scheduled.

Driver shows up and throws a fit because he wasn't told the weight and says he NEVER gets told of heavy items. Like, it's just not in their process. :facepalm: shouldn't they have a union that prevents shit like that?

Pulled up the tracking today. Two entries. 5 days ago the label was created. Today, it's in Vegas. No entries for the transit between like they use fucking teleportation. It's like they're needed to save 80% the data they should and used to.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • Toyko, when online?

• @Smilence said:
    Toyko, when online?

tokyo delay.

Thanked by 2Xrmaddness iKeyZ
  • @VirMach said:

@Proxecure said:
    @VirMach
    Some 6/8Gb Ram and 3 /4 cpu
    I would be glad if you could offer something like that :)

Would something like this work for you? Which one works better? I'll let anyone else interested chime in as well since I'd hopefully like to sell more than 1 quantity of this package.

--

8GB RAM
    150GB NVMe
    4 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

$118/YR
    $188/2YR

Maybe I can get the numbers down a little bit for Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, or NYC Metro, as those locations will be more geared toward larger packages. But the prices above are for Tokyo.

I signed up to comment that I'd also be interested in a package like this in Atlanta.

• mcgreemcgree Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said:
    NYC Update

These are for the most part ready but there's going to be a backlog. I may still do this before the international shipments if UPS drags things out. We already have a broker in Tokyo but not for Amsterdam so we wanted to use their broker services, except they seem to want a lot of information and no one wants to actually process it.

Just waiting for them to at least try to pick it up tomorrow, we'll see.

Los Angeles Update

I have a bunch of old servers that were supposed to go here but it's already been so long that the builds are outdated, I'm swapping some parts out and just reviewing everything again. Some of what was supposed to go to LA ended up going elsewhere for now, so I'll create more servers and we can send these out in smaller batches to LA instead of one giant batch. (edit) To clarify, these are already marked "handling" but some are "handling" now while others are rolled back a little. It won't affect the ultimate ETA, we don't need all of them there at once.

San Jose update

I was told earlier today I'd get the final information I require to set these up.

Seattle update

All orders activated here new servers set up. New new servers still pending racking.

All others

Still pending racking, no update.

Because you said "today" it will be updated.

I have to remind you, this "today" should update the ticket, has been waiting for 3 days.

Ticket #995064

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

After reading VirMach's comments. It seems that UPS has perfected the perpetual commotion machine. 🤯

• xprebounxpreboun Member
    edited March 2022

For users on RYZE.SEA-Z001.VMS:
    Does any of the Ubuntu images listed on Reinstall ISO actually work?

I tried these LUbuntu ones (the ones with different ssh port), and after booting up SSH does not connect on port 22 or the designated one. While connecting to VNC, Lubuntu with username root and the password it said does not work (Always, Incorrect Password)...
    The other 16.04 Ubuntu server image couldn't even pass the boot sequence

I'm now thinking of using the LiveCD on SolusVM to install Ubuntu 20.04 LTS myself. Just want to ask if there's any worked

P.S. Virmach's experience is so much worse compared to 2020 (any year before 2021)...

P.S.2. Interestingly, my Virmach panel got blocked again for "Banned for 16 login attempts."
    I'm pretty certain I did not login to Virmach for 10+ attempts in the past 24 hours using my home IP...

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@xpreboun said: For users on RYZE.SEA-Z001.VMS:...

I found that the templates did not work for me as well, with similar issues to the ones you stated above. My suggestion would be to boot the netboot.xyz ISO and install from there using something like tight VNC as the html5VNC in the panel does not work (solusVM bug)

Thanked by 1xpreboun
  • @cybertech said:

@Smilence said:
    Toyko, when online?

tokyo delay.

Damn UPS

• kekeguaikekeguai Member
    edited March 2022

Thanked by 2RecD FrankZ
  • Hopefully the servers in Tokyo can be deployed quickly

• when tokyo deployed? i have order from virmach but peding. i can't create ticket from virmach website :(

• @bigmaker said:
    when tokyo deployed? i have order from virmach but peding. i can't create ticket from virmach website :(

No. It's delayed by shipping (not yet picked up by UPS).

@VirMach said:
    Pushed back, couldn't get a hold of the right people at UPS yesterday. Had to call them like 6 times and wait and get transferred for several hours and our account manager won't pick up, full voicemail box. Trying again today.

• @VirMach Please check Ticket #106692

• @VirMach said:
    Alright guys I'm going to try to be as concise as possible to explain to you guys how UPS actually operates because at this point I feel like an insane person if I'm the only one that knows this stuff. It just feels like a surreal shell company created to boost employment rates.

You’ve ever tried USPS?
    At least Japan customs process UPSP packages faster possibly due to Universal Postal Union and stuffs? Once it’s done Japan Post will handle the domestic part. Personal packages from Tokyo International Post Office to Equinix TY only takes like a half of a day to deliver. Not sure about commercial packages though.

Some international packages are proceed in Kawasaki post office, mostly sea/surface mail, in which case it’s slower than Tokyo even though distance wise it’s not that different.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@mcgree said: I have to remind you, this "today" should update the ticket, has been waiting for 3 days.

Ticket #995064

Sorry, didn't get to this because of your other request inside that request, I just need to see "Phoenix without data" or "Seattle with data" for your "NVMe1G Special PREORDER" and I can handle it right now. Anything else, you'll have to wait in the queue.

"Today" was for that one thing only. One of your services has another issue, so I'm only talking about the active/non-cancelled one. For the other you need to make a billing ticket because something else went wrong.

@deafcon said:

@VirMach said:

@Proxecure said:
    @VirMach
    Some 6/8Gb Ram and 3 /4 cpu
    I would be glad if you could offer something like that :)

Would something like this work for you? Which one works better? I'll let anyone else interested chime in as well since I'd hopefully like to sell more than 1 quantity of this package.

--

8GB RAM
    150GB NVMe
    4 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

$118/YR
    $188/2YR

Maybe I can get the numbers down a little bit for Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, or NYC Metro, as those locations will be more geared toward larger packages. But the prices above are for Tokyo.

I signed up to comment that I'd also be interested in a package like this in Atlanta.

This is still planned to be posted, I just need to take care of a couple other things first. I don't suspect we'll have stock/quantity issues on this one so I'll honor it for anyone who said they're interested on the thread so far.

Thanked by 1noisycode
  • @VirMach said:
    I don't suspect we'll have stock/quantity issues on this one so I'll honor it for anyone who said they're interested on the thread so far.

Cheeeeeers!

@xpreboun said:
    For users on RYZE.SEA-Z001.VMS:
    Does any of the Ubuntu images listed on Reinstall ISO actually work?

I tried these LUbuntu ones (the ones with different ssh port), and after booting up SSH does not connect on port 22 or the designated one. While connecting to VNC, Lubuntu with username root and the password it said does not work (Always, Incorrect Password)...
    The other 16.04 Ubuntu server image couldn't even pass the boot sequence

I'm now thinking of using the LiveCD on SolusVM to install Ubuntu 20.04 LTS myself. Just want to ask if there's any worked

P.S. Virmach's experience is so much worse compared to 2020 (any year before 2021)...

P.S.2. Interestingly, my Virmach panel got blocked again for "Banned for 16 login attempts."
    I'm pretty certain I did not login to Virmach for 10+ attempts in the past 24 hours using my home IP...

You don't have to actually log in, you just have to visit the login page. If you have the login page as the main page it redirects to every time you load in, then it'll count as that.

Please read the original post:

Please note that Ryzen servers may still have some minor issues, such as the web VNC not functioning, or certain ISO or OS templates missing at this time. Please report these issues only on this thread if possible as it will reduce ticket load.

I'll add it to the list to look into the Ubuntu ISO and templates, they definitely don't all work when ported from older CentOS E5 Intel nodes to AMD Alma host.

Thanked by 3xpreboun FrankZ Ironia

@zhoumeng said:
    @VirMach Please check Ticket #106692

You're just permanently locked out and most likely would not be able to recover it. What you can do is register a new account, order a new service, pull any payment card from it by making a ticket as a guest, and manually transfer over your data as long as you still have the login to any VPS, and make a ticket for me to make an exception to the multi-account issue.

Since I'm answering you here, I'm closing the ticket.

• @VirMach It seems that the installation of Tokoy machine is not going well. I understand this feeling very much.
    In addition, I want to refund my Tokyo 512gb storage plan. I don't really want to gamble for a long time on whether I can drive it in the end. Please forgive me for not seeing the 256gb priority guarantee in Tokyo you said in let. This is my ticket #369540. It seems that you are too busy to reply, or I sent it to the wrong department. Sorry.

• @VirMach when the installation of Tokoy machine is completed. i have open ticket #572336. if vps from tokyo not completed,can repply to me. thank

@foitin said:

@VirMach said:
    Alright guys I'm going to try to be as concise as possible to explain to you guys how UPS actually operates because at this point I feel like an insane person if I'm the only one that knows this stuff. It just feels like a surreal shell company created to boost employment rates.

You’ve ever tried USPS?
    At least Japan customs process UPSP packages faster possibly due to Universal Postal Union and stuffs? Once it’s done Japan Post will handle the domestic part. Personal packages from Tokyo International Post Office to Equinix TY only takes like a half of a day to deliver. Not sure about commercial packages though.

Some international packages are proceed in Kawasaki post office, mostly sea/surface mail, in which case it’s slower than Tokyo even though distance wise it’s not that different.

USPS is very bad here. When Trump said things about the USPS, it got a little "political" so now it's difficult to find any general consensus online that the USPS is bad, but it's bad. Of course, this is only based on my general experience but that is... several different cities, apartments, offices, and houses I've lived in over the last decade plus. If you lived in the middle of nowhere, or use it to send letters, then it's obviously great and you have no other option.

• They don't like heavy objects or large boxes. I've had them left as close to their vehicle as possible to avoid bringing it close to our door. I've had someone show up and say she's a woman and therefore she didn't bring me my package and I needed to go to the post office to grab it, and other ridiculous things. Max weight they allow is 70 LB and they do not do freight as far as I know.
    • They don't like working weekends. On Saturdays, it's common for them, at least in this area, to pretend like they couldn't gain access to your building. It seems like they do not get penalized for this behavior.
    • They don't like picking anything up ever. I had to schedule something like 5 to 7 pickup requests, they mark it as complete and just don't pick it up. I've seen the USPS guy walk by my scheduled pickup packages, stare at them, and walk away.
    • Based on my experience only, they have the highest "lost" package rate. I've had so many international shipments coming to us marked as delivered that never showed up, and so many heavy packages that got marked as delivered and never showed up. They only insure up to $5,000 in most cases I've seen.
    • They have zero customer service when something goes wrong. All the post offices here are rated under 3 stars out of 5, and for good reasons. They're extremely rude, yell at old ladies who try to figure out how to send something to their grandkids, and don't resolve anything, ever. They just send you to a hotline that also doesn't help.
    • They are only affordable in certain situations. In fact, they are extremely affordable in extreme situations (such as sending a letter.) This also means they are insanely overpriced in other situations.

I went to go get a quote to show you what I mean by it being expensive, and got this instead anyway:

We are unable to find any available service options for this label, please review your label and try again.

Unable to calculate international postage. No services available.

Turns out, that error means that even though they say 70LB max, for whatever reason, it's actually only 65LB max to Japan.

Of course I just fiddled with it, and this isn't actually possible, it's just "theoretically" the closest thing that they will even quote, and will have to be multiple packages done in a way where all the servers will 100% get damaged, but it's just for fun:

• 3x servers per tiny box, no padding
    • $5,572.52
    • 6 to 10 business day delivery

No Express guaranteed service offered. Something closer to the ETA we get with air freight, $6,288.50 but still they'd all break.

To actually send it with padding and such, with similar timeline, then $8,852

I think UPS is something like... $2,000 and DHL is something like $1,200 for comparison. I don't remember the exact figures. Even if we pretend it's the same cost, I'd have to drive all these down to the post office myself because I can guarantee no one from there would pick these up. They'd take 2 months to pick all of them up.

@foitin said: At least Japan customs process UPSP packages faster possibly due to Universal Postal Union and stuffs? Once it’s done Japan Post will handle the domestic part. Personal packages from Tokyo International Post Office to Equinix TY only takes like a half of a day to deliver

This is interesting, I've been thinking about that. I think xTom said they recommended FedEx but I can't get a proper quote from them. It just goes to their form, which was broken most the time anyway, and I finally got it to submit, and they just said someone would contact me and no one did. I'm guessing I have to swing by the store and call a few dozen people here to get that going too.

Thanked by 2ehab Unixfy

@Eliase said:
    @VirMach It seems that the installation of Tokoy machine is not going well. I understand this feeling very much.
    In addition, I want to refund my Tokyo 512gb storage plan. I don't really want to gamble for a long time on whether I can drive it in the end. Please forgive me for not seeing the 256gb priority guarantee in Tokyo you said in let. This is my ticket #369540. It seems that you are too busy to reply, or I sent it to the wrong department. Sorry.

If you have refund in the title, I'll usually process these at least once daily. Just say the service name and be very clear about it. Keep in mind if you have more than one service I may do up to two of them by courtesy but that's it, it still goes based off our one refund per customer policy.

• edited March 2022

@VirMach Please check Ticket #272691
    I am sorry for replying to you again, but I want to refund this pre-order to buy another plan. I was worried that you forgot about this ticket, thank you again!

@bigmaker said:
    @VirMach when the installation of Tokoy machine is completed. i have open ticket #572336. if vps from tokyo not completed,can repply to me. thank

@bigmaker said:
    when tokyo deployed? i have order from virmach but peding. i can't create ticket from virmach website :(

@yinyleon said:
    Hopefully the servers in Tokyo can be deployed quickly

@Smilence said:
    Toyko, when online?

Please read the updates I already post, usually every day or more than once a day. CTRL+F "Japan" and "Tokyo" and look for messages from me here.

Thanked by 1tototo
  • @VirMach said:

@zhoumeng said:
    @VirMach Please check Ticket #106692

You're just permanently locked out and most likely would not be able to recover it. What you can do is register a new account, order a new service, pull any payment card from it by making a ticket as a guest, and manually transfer over your data as long as you still have the login to any VPS, and make a ticket for me to make an exception to the multi-account issue.

Since I'm answering you here, I'm closing the ticket.

I have created a new account, please check Ticket #398633

• @VirMach SJKVM10
    This node has been disconnected for a long time
    The service will not be available from December 8, 2021.bad experience,
    I don't want to migrate,Can you help with a refund?

This discussion has been closed.