Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• @Huishu said:
    I purchased the instant provisioned location of Seattle. But until now it is not available and no reply to my ticket.

It's been 4 days since I purchased it, I don't want to wait anymore, could you refund for me?

Invoice #1397286
    Ticket #188556

I had similar issue with what you had in Seattle.
    It should be already be fixed yesterday (24 hours and 5 minutes ago).

You can try to reinstall the VPS (from billing.virmach), and DO NOT REINSTALL with Ubuntu because none of the templates they had for Ubuntu would work correctly. For Ubuntu, mount a LiveCD via SolusVM, boot up the VPS, login via third party VNC client (because noVNC/HTML is still broken). It takes significantly longer time to install Ubuntu this way, and I have no idea if it's going to affect anything when new IPv6 addresses become available (depends on how IPv6 got handed down), but it works at this moment.

Thanked by 2VirMach FrankZ
  • My friend couldn't catch the meaning of "pending" too, but I'm glad he asked me instead of opening the ticket...
    Anyway, I feel it should be updated the offer post to reduce the number of people who misunderstand, but is that allowed by the system or the rules?

• @VirMach said:
    Still polishing thread and landing page. Orders will activate in a moment.

My bill #1396676 cannot be paid with Alipay, can you help me solve this problem, thank you!

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Huishu said:

@VirMach said:
    I'm closing off Tokyo pre-orders. Too many people purchasing it and not reading the offer details or just impatient/changing their mind and requesting a refund. Too many questions about it in tickets. It's probably half the ticket requests we received in the last 24 hours. I may put it back in stock after we're more prepared to deal with all the inquiries or it at least gets picked up, but it'll be at the updated prices since most people have had a chance to buy it at the early bird rate.

Of course, a lot of these tickets are valid, it's just skewed toward one location so we're just getting rid of that location for now. I recommend all these people consider ordering Seattle instead since that's immediately available if they want immediate service.

And of course I understand that's not everyone, so if you want a Tokyo pre-order, step one, read this comment. Step two, order it in any other non-instant provisioned location and comment your order ID here, tag me and ask me to manually change it to Tokyo for you. I'll only change it if it's not already provisioned in the other location, so make sure to follow that step correctly. I'll also keep the location open for another hour so last call. For the requested larger 8GB package we've been talking about, I'll allow Tokyo as well. And of course I'll still provide updates for Tokyo, and you can still cancel and request a refund if you change your mind.

I purchased the instant provisioned location of Seattle. But until now it is not available and no reply to my ticket.

It's been 4 days since I purchased it, I don't want to wait anymore, could you refund for me?

Invoice #1397286
    Ticket #188556

This is already provisioned and has been, it's a separate control panel issue ticket and we've been working out those issues. It looks like the control panel issue was resolved, but you're still having some other issue with the specific template you're using. You should close that ticket and open one for the non-control panel issue. If the title is control panel issue and we fixed the control panel issue, we are going to de-prioritize the control panel issue tickets.

@tototo said: Anyway, I feel it should be updated the offer post to reduce the number of people who misunderstand, but is that allowed by the system or the rules?

Editing the post isn't allowed after 60 minutes, I don't think. I'm sure a moderator would be able to help but I don't like contacting people every time I would need an edit so it's better to rely on updates by making replies here and relying on that method.

In this case though, updating the thread would have minimal effects on the misunderstanding. It was already clearly stated but I will admit, it's a lot to read. I did try making it easy though with the "legend" I posted. What do you suggest?

Thanked by 2tototo FrankZ

@unclewang said: My bill #1396676 cannot be paid with Alipay, can you help me solve this problem, thank you!

What error specifically?

• @VirMach said:

@Huishu said:

@VirMach said:
    I'm closing off Tokyo pre-orders. Too many people purchasing it and not reading the offer details or just impatient/changing their mind and requesting a refund. Too many questions about it in tickets. It's probably half the ticket requests we received in the last 24 hours. I may put it back in stock after we're more prepared to deal with all the inquiries or it at least gets picked up, but it'll be at the updated prices since most people have had a chance to buy it at the early bird rate.

Of course, a lot of these tickets are valid, it's just skewed toward one location so we're just getting rid of that location for now. I recommend all these people consider ordering Seattle instead since that's immediately available if they want immediate service.

And of course I understand that's not everyone, so if you want a Tokyo pre-order, step one, read this comment. Step two, order it in any other non-instant provisioned location and comment your order ID here, tag me and ask me to manually change it to Tokyo for you. I'll only change it if it's not already provisioned in the other location, so make sure to follow that step correctly. I'll also keep the location open for another hour so last call. For the requested larger 8GB package we've been talking about, I'll allow Tokyo as well. And of course I'll still provide updates for Tokyo, and you can still cancel and request a refund if you change your mind.

Invoice #1397286
    Ticket #188556

This is already provisioned and has been, it's a separate control panel issue ticket and we've been working out those issues. It looks like the control panel issue was resolved, but you're still having some other issue with the specific template you're using. You should close that ticket and open one for the non-control panel issue. If the title is control panel issue and we fixed the control panel issue, we are going to de-prioritize the control panel issue tickets.

Can I request a refund? Thank you.

• @VirMach said:

@unclewang said: My bill #1396676 cannot be paid with Alipay, can you help me solve this problem, thank you!

What error specifically?

This is an error prompt to jump to the Alipay page!

• @VirMach said:

What error specifically?

Can I add platform balance to pay for this order?

• Invoice #1401269 is expected to remain in the Tokyo data center

edited March 2022

@ehab said: go get sleep or break or maybe we can buy you some pizza

I already ordered a personal size pizza today, and then another personal size pizza, and I'm regretting not just admitting that I eat a lot from the beginning and just getting a medium or large. I'm going to focus on getting some coffee now as it's 4AM, but I won't say no to a pizza today or any day. For some reason I've been extremely hungry recently. I think I can pretty much eat infinite pizza.

I did a fun little search, I've ordered exactly 60 times in the last 365 days, based on Uber receipts matching "pizza" or about average once a week.

(edit) For those of you still reading from the time when I had COVID and using it as an opportunity to eat healthy, unfortunately I got my sense of smell/taste back pretty quickly.

• MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thanked by 3ehab noisycode FrankZ
  • 2 days have passed, what is the status of the Tokyo Data Center now? :/

Getting an error code on the Amsterdam storage server now. Good thing UPS pickup got delayed, I guess? Not so good news: searching the error code, it's not reassuring when the solution was "I got it to work after the 4th motherboard replacement."

Flashing the BIOS right now.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@louiejordan said:
    2 days have passed, what is the status of the Tokyo Data Center now? :/

Tokyo was never meant to be ready in 2 days, that was for other locations in the same status/group of "HANDLING" hence why the range was 2 days to 2 weeks. It's impossible for it to arrive in Tokyo in 2 days, and it has been delayed for an additional 2 days on top of whatever it was originally going to take, update is already above.

• @VirMach said:

@bigmaker said:
    @VirMach so can you help me refunds for the bill #1402109. I'm wait for you to finish setting up the datacenter in Japan and will re-order

Create a ticket with title refund and say the same thing, if you already haven't. I'm processing these in bulk now.

Hi, I have reopened a ticket with the title "Refund" as you requested. I am sorry for the incorrect title before.

Ticket :#157021

(I would like to change to the 768M plan, but it seems this would add to your workload. So I have requested a refund.)

• @louiejordan said:
    2 days have passed, what is the status of the Tokyo Data Center now? :/

UPS didn't pickup the server, so "it's delayed".

• @VirMach I understand this might not be your priority right now but I'm curious how you would dealt with IPv6 provisions.

I do understand you mentioned IPv6 would be delayed (aka not available at this moment). When it's initially available, do you plan to deploy DHCPv6 (reboot and you'll get it) or manual config (manually modify your interface)?

Since you do mention you would hopefully hand out small subnets to every VPS, does changing from handing out "addresses" to "subnets" require changes in IPv6 addresses? ( For example, the old individual IPv6 addresses will be recycled, and new subnet will be handed out)

I'm curious because I plan to use Ryzen 1.5G specials as Public DNS Resolvers, and the last thing I want to do is making few IP addresses unavailable...

@xpreboun said:
    @VirMach I understand this might not be your priority right now but I'm curious how you would dealt with IPv6 provisions.

I do understand you mentioned IPv6 would be delayed (aka not available at this moment). When it's initially available, do you plan to deploy DHCPv6 (reboot and you'll get it) or manual config (manually modify your interface)?

Since you do mention you would hopefully hand out small subnets to every VPS, does changing from handing out "addresses" to "subnets" require changes in IPv6 addresses? ( For example, the old individual IPv6 addresses will be recycled, and new subnet will be handed out)

I'm curious because I plan to use Ryzen 1.5G specials as Public DNS Resolvers, and the last thing I want to do is making few IP addresses unavailable...

IPv6 is set up and ready initially in all locations. It's just not all set up/configured on SolusVM. That's all. I have to organize them and make sure it's configured and SolusVM handles it properly. I wanted to do a few IPv6 via auto configuration which SolusVM seems to handle properly, and then for subnets, AFAIK, you have to manually set it up yourself.

Thanked by 3xpreboun FrankZ pdd
  • xprebounxpreboun Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said:
    I wanted to do a few IPv6 via auto configuration which SolusVM seems to handle properly, and then for subnets, AFAIK, you have to manually set it up yourself.

Okay that makes perfect sense. I wouldn't even imagine to use something larger than /58 on a regular home network (okay, excluding all the weird Wifi-connected light switch and other unnecessarily Wifi-connected iot that should be used with a bridge)...
    Additional question for subnet (assuming it might be coming soon): Once each VPS receive a subnet, would you take the previous "a few IPv6" away? Or the few IPv6 assigned to VPS actually come from the subnet (the few are auto-configured, rest need to be done manually)?

• @VirMach If you're a 1-man show, mad respect dude. I have no idea how you have the patience to deal with all this shit, from UPS being awful to people spamming you. I would've hired a secretary/VA a loooong time ago if I were in your position, otherwise I'd probably be banned from LET :D

Great deals so far. Definitely gonna try to buy the bigger package when it's available, hopefully it's a 4-core w/ 8GB RAM.

Thanked by 3noisycode mrTom pdd

@xpreboun said: Additional question for subnet (assuming it might be coming soon): Once each VPS receive a subnet, would you take the previous "a few IPv6" away? Or the few IPv6 assigned to VPS actually come from the subnet (the few are auto-configured, rest need to be done manually)?

We'd probably do it in a way where you have both the few IPv6 and subnet together.

@dararish said:
    @VirMach If you're a 1-man show, mad respect dude. I have no idea how you have the patience to deal with all this shit, from UPS being awful to people spamming you. I would've hired a secretary/VA a loooong time ago if I were in your position, otherwise I'd probably be banned from LET :D

Great deals so far. Definitely gonna try to buy the bigger package when it's available, hopefully it's a 4-core w/ 8GB RAM.

At least two others involved plus contracts here and there. I say "at least" because we may have more at any given time but it's difficult to train someone and have them stick around the last few times we tried.

We still need to hire and I have been doing a lot of the stuff since COVID as many people left and we ended outsourced support contracts in rapid succession. I think at the "peak" in terms of the number of people involved, we had something like two to three teams of 6-12 outsourced agents, and maybe 7 employees? Our developer is a life saver though as he coded out a lot of the stuff that saved us time and made it possible. Then I've probably put in an extra 6,000 to 9,000 hours of work over the last 2 years. I don't really mind, with COVID there wasn't much else to do anyway.

• AractusAractus Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said: Amsterdam is only waiting on UPS to pick it up at this time but I have a feeling they're not doing that well this week, probably busy. I'm trying to contact other carriers as well.

Thanks I'll probably order one tomorrow.

Again sorry to hear about Jon's shakedown. Maybe we should just create a subreddit called "LowerEndTalk"?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • edited March 2022

@ChromeMax said: No TOS/FUP on the site so I'll ask here: is (non-exit) I2P/TOR allowed on Japan Ryzen?

Theoretically no,

But I have been running TOR entry nodes for years on their BF specials with multiple accounts.

So it's acquiescently yep.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Murata_Chink_Best said:
    But I have been running TOR entry nodes for years on their BF specials with multiple accounts.

Flagged for multiple accounts.

Thanked by 1Murata_Chink_Best

Japan has been put as sold out for now as previously discussed. I'm also changing the location selections to try to be more clear.

• These are going to just say estimated wait time, they're going to try to be conservative.
    • Everything will be listed as X days/weeks plus wait, so it caps out at infinity.
    • Hopefully this makes it more clear for those who do not want to read much, but it will of course be less clear than the updates I provide here.
    • Everything is color coded better. Green = Instant, Yellow = about a week, Red = about two weeks. Again, these are super estimated. More accurate info here.
  • @VirMach said:
    Japan has been put as sold out for now as previously discussed. I'm also changing the location selections to try to be more clear.

• These are going to just say estimated wait time, they're going to try to be conservative.
    • Everything will be listed as X days/weeks plus wait, so it caps out at infinity.
    • Hopefully this makes it more clear for those who do not want to read much, but it will of course be less clear than the updates I provide here.
    • Everything is color coded better. Green = Instant, Yellow = about a week, Red = about two weeks. Again, these are super estimated. More accurate info here.

I have to say, it's MUCH clearer than before. People from anywhere else are not familiar with the term 'HANDLE', I mean, at all.

Now, everyone who could read would understand that.

edited March 2022

San Jose Update - Barring any major issues, I should have a significant chunk of these up today.

• Will Next Due Date be changed to the day when the service was online?
    If you have months delay. :D

• order more pizza!

This discussion has been closed.