Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• @VirMach said:
    Everything should have been said at the beginning. I think originally I only put + TOKYO on 250GB. If I'm mistaken please be more specific and I will of course honor it. There's still a good chance 500GB will be deployed for Japan. I don't see a crazy amount of orders here right now.

All of these links seem to be available.
    (If I'm wrong, sorry)

• 40TB bandwidth plan in Tokyo? crazy

• @tototo said: STORAGE-250G - 550 Available

STORAGE-500G - 242 Available
    STORAGE-1T - 132 Available
    STORAGE-2T - 63 Available
    STORAGE-4T - 33 Available

Do you know the original?

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said:

(edit) I don't want to give too much information away and hopefully I'm not when I say this, but we're paying about 6 times more for the same quantity of bandwidth in any other location and doing 2x commit so that's 12 times more than other locations. When I say I don't want to give away too much information it's out of respect for the providers, I'm sure they do not want our pricing publicly disclosed.

Appreciate it, and I've just got one tiny 250GB plan in JP to show my support :#

Hope Ryzen plans are stable and suitable for serious business and wish you a greater success in the future.

• @AICDOWS said:

@tototo said: STORAGE-250G - 550 Available

STORAGE-500G - 242 Available
    STORAGE-1T - 132 Available
    STORAGE-2T - 63 Available
    STORAGE-4T - 33 Available

Do you know the original?

I was late to the start of the sale so I don't know...

• GZXHGZXH Member

I bought a pre-sale vps in Tokyo, Japan, but I have changed my mind now, can I get a refund now?

• You change your mind again to "I want it" and you golden.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@GZXH said: I bought a pre-sale vps in Tokyo, Japan, but I have changed my mind now, can I get a refund now?

Make a ticket to the billing department requesting a refund. Please include your order number.

• taizitaizi Member

@VirMach said:

@ehab said:
    @VirMach if we have private networking "per location is fine" then would be the best thing happens next.

I won't even begin thinking about that until all the spins in the world have been spun, all the Ryzens have been risen and all IP has been v6'd.

so you won't consider adding internal(LAN) IP in datacenter?
    want to connect some VPS/storage/dedi in the same location without spending bandwidth:)

• taizitaizi Member

@FrankZ said:

@GZXH said: I bought a pre-sale vps in Tokyo, Japan, but I have changed my mind now, can I get a refund now?

Make a ticket to the billing department requesting a refund. Please include your order number.

No expectation of speed up reply
    but I will post my ticket number here #448218

• @taizi said:

@VirMach said:

@ehab said:
    @VirMach if we have private networking "per location is fine" then would be the best thing happens next.

I won't even begin thinking about that until all the spins in the world have been spun, all the Ryzens have been risen and all IP has been v6'd.

want to connect some VPS/storage/dedi in the same location without spending bandwidth:)

Asked before, they said they will consider in the future after they done works on hand. It will be a super long time... :)

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • XrmaddnessXrmaddness Member
    edited March 2022

Here I go buying things I don't need from VirMach again... Insane offers though, @VirMach, literally could not resist!

Thanked by 2VirMach noisycode
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited March 2022

@elliotc said:

@taizi said:

@VirMach said:

@ehab said:

Asked before, they said they will consider in the future after they done works on hand. It will be a super long time... :)

I am sure VirMach will chime in with a nice professional reply, but really guys do you not have enough transfer in your packages to burn a little between servers in the same DC?

I would expect that having to get all these new servers shipped out, configured and then move all the customers out of CC via migrations, and all the reprogramming of the automated systems that this entails should be higher on the to do list then setting up internal networking for servers that are not even there yet. Oh and I forgot setting up IPv6 for every server in all the data centers. I also expect that there are even more thing on his to do list that I can't even imagine that he needs to do.
    /rant

• @FrankZ said:

@elliotc said:

@taizi said:

@VirMach said:

@ehab said:

I am sure VirMach will chime in with a nice professional reply, but really guys do you not have enough transfer in your packages to burn a little between servers in the same DC?

I would expect that having to get all these new servers shipped out, configured and then move all the customers out of CC via migrations, and all the reprogramming of the automated systems that this entails would be higher on the to do list then setting up internal networking for servers that are not even there yet. Oh and I forgot setting up IPv6 for every server in all the data centers. I also expect that there are even more thing on his to do list that I can't even imagine that he needs to do.
    /rant

I just wanted to tell him not to expect. The value placed on the table is good enough because we all knows how expensive JP are. I was expecting to pay extra fee for the location when virmach say "JP" at the begining.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited March 2022

Sorry @elliotc I realize I did include you in my quote, but I did not intend that rant to be directed at you.

Thanked by 1elliotc
  • @FAT32 said:
    For reference (Early Bird):

• 250GB: $6.67/TB/m
    • 500GB: $3.33/TB/m
    • 1TB: $2.67/TB/m
    • 2TB: $2/TB/m
    • 4TB: $2/TB/m

Anything below $3/TB/m is great price for HDD, and $2/TB/m is insane :smiley:

You're an awesome person, just in case you weren't aware or don't hear it often enough!

• @VirMach Is there any update on the network issue of RYZE.SEA-Z001?
    I haven't been able to reinstall or get root password on a VPS provisioned there...

• @VirMach said:

@Murata_Chink_Best said:

@VirMach said: non-guaranteed in Japan

What's the ISP for Los Angeles? If it is shitty ColoCrossing, I need refund...

Psychz. We may consider Inap/Dedipath later as we do need more space.

Will it be operated on AS40676?
    its japan network toward east-asian location i live is not very good.
    250ms here
    hope:

• code has been expired

• @lawsoo said: code has been expired

No, storage codes are still working.
    If you mean NVMe then yes, it was weekend promo, weekend has ended.

• Sahu1990Sahu1990 Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said:
    Alright let's see if I'll regret this but I made some modifications to our storage lineup. The changes are bold. 500GB and up will have recurring discount for the early bird now because I'm too lazy to make separate plans since we can't do reoccurring discount with non-reoccurring combination but this means early bird will expire sooner now.

--

STORAGE-250G (232GB Usable)
    768MB RAM
    1 vCore CPU
    3TB @ 10Gbps
    1 IPv4

$25/YR

Early Bird Code: 250GEB20 for 20% off first year only (non-recurring.)
    Non-Early Bird: No code required.

--

STORAGE-500G (465GB Usable)
    1.5GB RAM
    1 vCore CPU
    6TB@ 10Gbps
    1 IPv4

$70/2YR $50/2YR

Early Bird Code: 500G50EB20 for additional 20% off recurring.
    Non-Early Bird: 500G50

--

STORAGE-1T (930GB Usable)
    3GB RAM
    2 vCore CPU
    10TB @ 10Gbps
    1 IPv4

$140/2YR $80/2YR

Early Bird Code: 1T80EB20 for additional 20% off recurring.
    Non-Early Bird: 1T80

--

STORAGE-2T (1860GB Usable)
    4GB RAM
    3 vCore CPU
    20TB @ 10Gbps
    1 IPv4

$280/2YR $120/2YR

Early Bird Code: 2T120EB20 for additional 20% off recurring.
    Non-Early Bird: 2T120

--

STORAGE-4T (3720GB Usable)
    6GB RAM
    4 vCore CPU
    40TB @ 10Gbps
    1 IPv4

$280/YR $120/1YR

Early Bird Code: 4T120EB20 for additional 20% off recurring.
    Non-Early Bird: 4T120

--

ORDER: https://virmach.com/cloud-storage-servers/

(Don't forget to use the right promo code and pick the right term length for the coupon.)

• IPV6 will be offered, I just don't know the exact amount and if it will be available on launch or not, so please assume it will not be offered and avoid getting upset over it.

• These are PRE-ORDERS. They will not immediately deploy.

• Use the regular links on the website to order. They've been converted to pre-orders. Just don't forget to apply your coupon. There are two sets of coupons, one early bird, one non-early bird.

• Please note I had to create a lot of coupons so there's a high chance I screwed something up. If anything displays incorrectly, whether it's less or more than it's supposed to be, it will be adjusted to advertised prices above or cancelled and refunded.

@quanhua92 said:
    @VirMach what's the estimated time for the storage deals? I don't want to miss it.
    My 1TB storage from GreenCloud is "Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4216 CPU @ 2.10GHz" 2 cores CPU + 3GB + 2TB Bandwidth. Geekbench 5 is 650 for single core & 1300 for multi cores.
    Our CPU is Ryzen so it should be faster. RAM is usually higher with Xeon so I think your deal is good.

Now.

Storage plans additional information

Please note some of the below information may change, but we will do our best to make everyone happy.

• Tokyo will only be guaranteed for 250GB package. Other packages can still be ordered for Tokyo but will be deployed last, and may be moved to Los Angeles or refund (your choice here for refund if it gets moved.)
    • Tokyo will be 16x18TB RAID10 on Ryzen 5950X, 9460-16i RAID controller, and may include Gen4 NVMe space on request and/or have NVMe cache (not guaranteed.) 3200MHz RAM.
    • Los Angeles will be 36x16TB RAID10 on Dual E5-2690v3. 9460-16i RAID controller. 2133MHz RAM. May include RAID10 Gen3 NVMe caching.
    • Amsterdam will be 36x14TB RAID10 on Epyc 7401P. 9460-8i RAID controller. 2400MHz RAM. May include RAID1 Gen3 NVMe caching or Gen3 NVMe caching.
    • NYC Metro will be 36x18TB RAID10 on either Dual E5 or Threadripper 3960X. If Threadripper, 9560-16i Gen4 RAID controller, 3200MHz RAM, and may include RAID10 Gen4 NVMe caching (32,000MB/s.)
    • NYC Metro location will have existing customers migrated first, which may take some time, so this location will most likely be provisioned last for new orders. Avoid it if you are in a rush! Actually just avoid all of this if you're in a rush!

@cybertech said:
    just to be clear, all the storage are gonna be on ryzen, apart from Amsterdam ?

No, see above.

@noisycode said:

@VirMach said:

@umzak said:

@VirMach said:

@elliotc said:
    How much ram for 250GB btw?

It'll be 512MB like the 500GB package, I don't want to do any lower.

can it be at the same price, i get 100/150gb, 768mb/1gb ram, 1TB bandwidth? :D

May I know what makes that configuration more desirable for you? Storage servers don't really end up using all that much RAM so we could theoretically boost that for everyone.

I don't think a memory boost is necessary. In fact, it might do harm to the whole cluster, if someone runs disk mining or torrent programs, for which, large memory is usually essential.

This is my concern and why I may regret it. We'll see!

@tototo said:
    I hope all people don't skip this

Storage Server - Information
    Please read and understand some prohibited behavior on the storage package before making a purchase.

1. Storage packages are meant for file storage and light backups.
    2. Mass file sharing such as streaming videos or seedboxes is not optimal.
    3. While the disk is dedicated, disk read/write operations, port speed, and CPU are "fair share."

And I'll quote this as well, it is important people see that.

Hello, when I placed the order, I noticed that there was a warning said:

Please read and understand some prohibited behavior on the storage package before making a purchase.
    2. Mass file sharing such as streaming videos or seedboxes is not optimal.

So, are these "behaviors" just "not optimal" or strictly "prohibited"? For example, say, if I store/download some videos on the vps and stream on my local video player through webdav, will my vps get deleted?

• mathenymatheny Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said: Or is the 4th core and 150GB important to everyone here?

Having one extra core would be really nice. I'll idle it most of the time, but I want it to be fast when I need to burst for a few minutes.

Btw, just got one 4T plan. Really nice price for RAID-10 disk :D

• 4T120EB20 Broken sad

• @hehuangCCs said: 4T120EB20 Broken sad

No, it's not 'broken'.
    4TB is 1 year option, not biennially (2 years) like rest.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Sahu1990 said: So, are these "behaviors" just "not optimal" or strictly "prohibited"? For example, say, if I store/download some videos on the vps and stream on my local video player through webdav, will my vps get deleted?

Not optimal. Not prohibited, but if you do it, make sure it doesn't result in extreme high I/O usage, etc.

• @VirMach said:

@Sahu1990 said: So, are these "behaviors" just "not optimal" or strictly "prohibited"? For example, say, if I store/download some videos on the vps and stream on my local video player through webdav, will my vps get deleted?

Not optimal. Not prohibited, but if you do it, make sure it doesn't result in extreme high I/O usage, etc.

Thank you for your reply, that's reasonable~

@xpreboun said:
    @VirMach Is there any update on the network issue of RYZE.SEA-Z001?
    I haven't been able to reinstall or get root password on a VPS provisioned there...

What you're describing sounds like another issue which I'm fixing right now.

Thanked by 1xpreboun
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I topped up my VirMach credits twice by accident.

Paid for the intended service and at the same time I submitted a ticket to Billing asking if they could refund the additional credit.

Thanked by 1monsterup

@DP said:
    I topped up my VirMach credits twice by accident.

Paid for the intended service and at the same time I submitted a ticket to Billing asking if they could refund the additional credit.

If it's one invoice and two payments on that invoice, and no more than two, and you didn't spend the additional credit, we can usually get it refunded for you. Just make sure you have the invoice ID, and two transaction IDs in the ticket.

Thanked by 1DP
This discussion has been closed.