Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jbiloh said: Users are free to share exciting offers worth talking about but it can't be done with the intention to go around the provider tag rule. Common sense works here.

This will be interesting.

@jbiloh said: This underestimates all the work that gone into BF/CM the past couple years. I want to build on the prior success.

Eh? Nothing you've done has come even close to what was achieved with little to no pre-planning.

And yes, happy to have the discussion with you about what makes sense for future involvement.

Yikes! I was of joking, of course. You can't afford me.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Nekki said:
    Can I just take provider offers I see elsewhere and post them myself?

We can, but not in Offers category.
    It's akin to threads like "KS-01 is available right now" or "LUX Slabs is restocked".

On the other hand, @Nekki is no longer allowed to create new threads so you can only reply to existing threads.
    If you have an offer that you'd like to post, message me and I'll create a Request thread and then you can post the offer.

• @yoursunny said: It's akin to threads like "KS-01 is available right now" or "LUX Slabs is restocked".

Funny, people really want a KS-1? Nearly done with my one, too risky, even if FDE is in use. Just setup NFS and do a VPN link, easy solution, and it works quite well even if there's 100-300ms latency (surprisingly).

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Nekki said: Eh? Nothing you've done has come even close to what was achieved with little to no pre-planning.

Your contributions to the mega threads and LET in general are monumental. There is no doubt.

@yoursunny said: On the other hand, @Nekki is no longer allowed to create new threads so you can only reply to existing threads.

If you have an offer that you'd like to post, message me and I'll create a Request thread and then you can post the offer.

Sort of funny that it's exactly 50-50.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2022

@yoursunny said: On the other hand, @Nekki is no longer allowed to create new threads so you can only reply to existing threads.

You have very much missed the point. My intention is to post the offers in the offer threads of paying providers, thereby ensuring the offers get additional eyeballs from both the offer post and the ensuing drama.

Also, and I'm sure you have noted this, I have not posted a single new thread since the vote closed. I am, if nothing else, a man of my word.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

The changes you plan to implement are not attractive to make that payment, you simply have not listened to the requests of the providers.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jbiloh said: Your contributions to the mega threads and LET in general are monumental. There is no doubt.

This is where you get it wrong, this is what you don't understand. It's not me. I'm just the conduit. It's the community that makes it what it is. All I do is is give things a little push where needed.

@georgedatacenter said: The changes you plan to implement are not attractive to make that payment, you simply have not listened to the requests of the providers.

What did we miss in your eyes?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited March 2022

@Nekki said: This is where you get it wrong, this is what you don't understand. It's not me. I'm just the conduit. It's the community that makes it what it is. All I do is is give things a little push where needed.

IMHO it is you AND the community.
    You are the gas to our fire.
    Just like it is all the providers large and small AND the community that made this place special;.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Nekki's the best hype man.

Put him alongside PHAT32 and they'll rock this house!

@DP said: Nekki's the best hype man.

Sure do. Lot's of respect for that.

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited March 2022

@jbiloh said:

@georgedatacenter said: The changes you plan to implement are not attractive to make that payment, you simply have not listened to the requests of the providers.

The mark? The wall? The target? The pricing? The idea? Everything?

What did you get right? And what is with the 'we'? That's all you.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@jbiloh said:

Only check Ticket #UBO-870649

Thanks

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@DP said:
    Nekki's the best hype man.

Perhaps a house, but not this house.

@FrankZ said: it is all the providers large and small AND the community that made this place special;.

Amen.

@FrankZ said: Just like it is all the providers large and small AND the community that made this place special;.

Yes I agree. That's why we are tweaking things to support the very small providers.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@jbiloh said:

@FrankZ said: Just like it is all the providers large and small AND the community that made this place special;.

Yes I agree. That's why we are tweaking things to support the very small providers.

How about support the community and listen to the providers? B)

@DP said: How about support the community and listen to the providers?

Support between LEB/LET and the providers is not omni directional.

• umzakumzak Member

What happen¿¿¿

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@umzak said: What happen¿¿¿

JB needed to get a few more quid out of LET, drama ensues.

Thanked by 2WSWD bulbasaur
  • umzakumzak Member

LET is under attack

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited March 2022

>weasel alt gets banned
    >spambots flood LET

• fynixfynix Member

@jmgcaguicla said: weasel alt gets banned

Still here with @zhunter.

@umzak said:
    LET is under attack

Just another Sunday funday. :)

• Well, let's just ignore the fact that ColoCrossing has ex-RBN administrators running the entire "company".

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited March 2022

Seems that LET is like a rain forest. Just when you think you are making a change for the better, all hell breaks loose.

EDIT: ok, I'm being overly dramatic... Nobody really cares anymore what happens here.
    It's all just a big show. :disappointed:

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • LeeLee Veteran

@jbiloh said: Just another Sunday funday.

That you want people to pay for.

@Lee said:

Providers who profit, yes.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited March 2022

@jbiloh said:

@Lee said:

Providers who profit, yes.

No, you are specifically segregating less profitable hosts to make sure they can't participate on equal footing. You want all hosts to pay, or they can go elsewhere to post threads. You kind of drew that line in the sand sending them invoices, and providing overdue notices 24 hours later.

@umzak said:
    What happen¿¿¿

Just @jbiloh trying to profit at $200/year off all the providers selling $5 servers a year. Apparently he thinks LET rules and pricing apply to everyone but him :D And for some reason, he thinks he deserves more than everyone else. Something to do with him wanting to make youtube videos of his favorite providers (i.e. NerdRack) and push those costs onto hosts - for some asinine reason. He's convinced himself he found some middelground - but is really just trying to manipulate the shit out of everyone :)

Basically, every user on here has convinced him he should be making money of our views because ad revenue wasn't enough to satisfy his greed.

If you are interested, there are lots of other forums out there (LES for example) where they have no fees, or bigger platforms (WHT for example) where they have optional fees that are much smaller. Basically, some kind of greedy money thing. AFAIK, this is the forum now with the biggest "ad fee" for providers wanting to give out sales ... just to let them post a thread. I'm not even joking. You can't make this stuff up :D

• darbdarb Member

Good luck with your new business model. It may succeed or it may fail, but there is no going back from a meltdown.

While I do agree that there should be some sort of reciprocal compensation from providers benefitting from exposure on LET, I do believe that the changes are not in keeping with the history of LET.

The changes will unfairly penalize Low End / Low Volume providers over the larger, higher volume providers.

Perhaps a rebranding is also needed, MediocreBox.com is available.

• A good question at this point is which providers have paid the invoice. We have @interservermike and @1gservers, anyone else?