Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation

Comments

• jill92jill92 Member
    edited March 2022

I agree, introducing a fee would curb summerhosts, but the real problem is the userbase IMO. Take the IRC chan on libera/freenode, for instance, it was all good until crazy netops/users started to come in, and started to shit up the place; @DP has a part to blame for this, for allowing libera-staff and amdj in, with chanop status.

We need to come together and form a better IRC channel without this stupid cycle, and one that is not on libera/any "open-source" network (all are woke). I think efnet would be a good start, agree?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Nekki said: paid in services

Ehrenmann!

Thanked by 2Nekki rooted
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:
    Can I just take provider offers I see elsewhere and post them myself?

Participants sometimes link to offers that they find. As long as it's done discreetly, it probably wouldn't raise a red flag.

What about indiscreetly? Just thinking I could undercut JB and offer a $50 yearly fee paid in services.

:)

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@jill92 said:
    I agree, introducing a fee would curb summerhosts, but the real problem is the userbase IMO. Take the IRC chan on libera/freenode, for instance, it was all good until crazy netops/users started to come on, and shit up the place; @DP has a part to blame for this, for allowing libera-staff and amdj in, with chanop status.

We need to come together and form a better IRC channel without this stupid cycle, and one that is not on libera/any "open-source" network (all are woke). I think efnet would be a good start, agree?

Literally no-one other than you cares about this.

And just consider yourself fucking lucky I’m not there. If you mention this again on LET, I will log in and completely ruin it for you.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2022

@jill92 said:

@Nekki said:

@jill92 said:
    I agree, introducing a fee would curb summerhosts, but the real problem is the userbase IMO. Take the IRC chan on libera/freenode, for instance, it was all good until crazy netops/users started to come on, and shit up the place; @DP has a part to blame for this, for allowing libera-staff and amdj in, with chanop status.

Literally no-one other than you cares about this.

And just consider yourself fucking lucky I’m not there. If you mention this again on LET, I will log in and completely ruin it for you.

Are you against Russia as well?

Well, that escalated quickly.

Thanked by 3Aidan FrankZ Unixfy
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Anyone considering protesting this move by cancelling services with providers who pay the invoices?

Thanked by 2kkrajk adly
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@jill92 said:
    I agree, introducing a fee would curb summerhosts, but the real problem is the userbase IMO. Take the IRC chan on libera/freenode, for instance, it was all good until crazy netops/users started to come in, and started to shit up the place; @DP has a part to blame for this, for allowing libera-staff and amdj in, with chanop status.

They run and operate the network - I'm just a user who's idling most of the time :smiley:

Their privileges supersedes mine even if I'm the "owner" of the channel, plus I don't see them having chanop status anyways.

[13:15] |(Users #lowendtalk)
    [13:15] |@JoeMerit   | c|oneman   | heart     | Kenshin      | nobiz    | Samot
    [13:15] |@lanefu     | deetwelve  | hot       | kyau         | nuke     | Skol
    [13:15] |@Mr_Tom     | DonRichie  | hsv_      | lelux        | nurupo   | smeggysmeg
    [13:15] | _dna       | dp         | iczero    | libera-staff | omnicore | Snuupy
    [13:15] | AFKnuke    | drepram    | JackFrost | m5zs7k       | petris   | SpellChecker
    [13:15] | amdj       | EdFletcher | jiggawatt | Magnets      | pikapika | star
    [13:15] | averell    | Erawan     | jlay      | MillerBOSS   | r00tobo  | tomaw
    [13:15] | BIG        | extor      | jmcgnh    | monkeynutz   | Razza    | vonunov
    [13:15] | Cienisty   | flotwig    | joecool   | Moscow       | Red_M_   | whodafak
    [13:15] | CLAB_      | genius3000 | jomat     | MrGeneral    | rektide  | Woet
    [13:15] | curly      | HangMan    | JTL       | Neoon        | rm       | ws
    [13:15] | CyberCr33p | hata       | justaguy  | niko         | Royil

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jill92 said:

@Nekki said: Well, that escalated quickly.

Well, the West was paying Ukrainian separatists to kill ordinary Ukrainian citizens, the US had biolabs in Ukraine (to produce bioweapons), and the "Ghost of Kyiv" is 100% bullshit; simulation footage, no joke.

I recommend taking a look at https://www.rt.com/on-air/

Which I have no view on due to being uninformed, but please, tell me, how this relates to our conversation about IRC?

• @DP said:

@jill92 said:

They run and operate the network - I'm just a user who's idling most of the time :smiley:

Their privileges supersedes mine even if I'm the "owner" of the channel, plus I don't see them having chanop status anyways.

[13:15] |(Users #lowendtalk)
    [13:15] |@JoeMerit   | c|oneman   | heart     | Kenshin      | nobiz    | Samot
    [13:15] |@lanefu     | deetwelve  | hot       | kyau         | nuke     | Skol
    [13:15] |@Mr_Tom     | DonRichie  | hsv_      | lelux        | nurupo   | smeggysmeg
    [13:15] | _dna       | dp         | iczero    | libera-staff | omnicore | Snuupy
    [13:15] | AFKnuke    | drepram    | JackFrost | m5zs7k       | petris   | SpellChecker
    [13:15] | amdj       | EdFletcher | jiggawatt | Magnets      | pikapika | star
    [13:15] | averell    | Erawan     | jlay      | MillerBOSS   | r00tobo  | tomaw
    [13:15] | BIG        | extor      | jmcgnh    | monkeynutz   | Razza    | vonunov
    [13:15] | Cienisty   | flotwig    | joecool   | Moscow       | Red_M_   | whodafak
    [13:15] | CLAB_      | genius3000 | jomat     | MrGeneral    | rektide  | Woet
    [13:15] | curly      | HangMan    | JTL       | Neoon        | rm       | ws
    [13:15] | CyberCr33p | hata       | justaguy  | niko         | Royil

Oh, please, YOU killed the place by allowing them to place a libera-staff spybot in there; lanefu is not to be trusted, either, he is very left-orientated. Samot is truly a leech of the mind.

@jill92 said:

So you signed up to post this?

No congrats on your first post

• AidanAidan Member

@Nekki said:

@jill92 said:

@Nekki said: Well, that escalated quickly.

Well, the West was paying Ukrainian separatists to kill ordinary Ukrainian citizens, the US had biolabs in Ukraine (to produce bioweapons), and the "Ghost of Kyiv" is 100% bullshit; simulation footage, no joke.

I recommend taking a look at https://www.rt.com/on-air/

Which I have no view on due to being uninformed, but please, tell me, how this relates to our conversation about IRC?

Meth.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:
    Anyone considering protesting this move by cancelling services with providers who pay the invoices?

I hope not. It’s not the providers fault.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • jill92jill92 Member
    edited March 2022

See, rizon is the true home to humans (well, Peorth/Dwarf are terrible netops as well):

14:12 <[CHILD]> calm yourselves
    14:12 <Slinky-Eternal> or did you folds kweeri thingys again
    14:12 <[CHILD]> this is an order
    14:12 <mach7> your act is wacked your whole game is cracked
    14:12 <+snEk> i dont wanna break a slinky but thats a good strangulation device i bet 
    14:12 <Slinky-Eternal> see why cant you place imagge of creational
    14:12 <+snEk> better then a piano wire ...which i actually play for 36 years 
    14:12 <Slinky-Eternal> he wanted to make sure that roadway
    14:12 <mach7>  snEk!*@* automatically added to message filter for exceeding spam threshold
    14:12 <Slinky-Eternal> name wasnt somethin he named
    14:12 <mach7> dumb fucking retarded idiot
    14:13 <Slinky-Eternal> cause he was already almost bald
    14:13 <Slinky-Eternal> an was scared id give them a closer haircut
    14:13 --> Jax ([email protected]) has joined #truth
    14:13 -- Mode #truth [+v Jax] by BillGates
    14:13 <Slinky-Eternal> poor deedpools
    14:13 <+snEk> -nobody in the history of irc has ever , nor will ever ignore me .   yer talkin shit bros ;)
    14:13 <Slinky-Eternal> i get to shaken rite
    14:13 <Slinky-Eternal> its why i dont even try to be a operationist
    14:13 <+snEk> im good for news, or a brawl.   you will read what i say  i guarentee it heh
    14:13 <+Jax> I ignore everybody
    14:14 <+Jax> Then make it so I pick people who are unignored
    14:14 <Slinky-Eternal> oh look how many theirs they signed them up as
    14:14 <Slinky-Eternal> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtScH-vQ9PA
    14:14 <+Jax> This process is the whitelist
    14:14 <+Jax> THE CHOSEN WHITWS
    14:14 <+Jax> WHITES*
    14:15  * Jax defeats trolls in real time with a big fuck you
    14:15 <Slinky-Eternal> no its on white 
    14:15 <Slinky-Eternal> comeplaiezpommpleo
    14:15 <mach7> I personally fought over 900 russian trolls in venezuela on a music site
    14:15 <mach7> they all got killed, for real.
    14:15 <Slinky-Eternal> oh an they was harassin tryin to say i sold all them out too
    14:15 <Slinky-Eternal> where their rides go
    14:15 <Slinky-Eternal> WHO puts dis scrapped here
    14:16 <[CHILD]> https://youtu.be/CamYtVpoTNk
    14:16 <+Jax> I did something pretty metal the last couple days
    14:16 <Slinky-Eternal> hey it still nicer here
    14:16 <Slinky-Eternal> an they runnin outta their ffouble standard estates
    14:16 <Slinky-Eternal> an tryin to peelonKei with trump
    14:16 <+Jax> My jaw hinges were starting to be fucked up from being positioned wrong from favoring one side of my jaw too much because my busted tooth hurt a lot when I bit down on it
    14:16 <+Jax> So over the last two days I bit down on it like a mother fucker in order to kill the nerve
    14:16 <+Jax> My jaw hinge was really fucked up and I was all nauseated and dizzy and I blacked out a couple of times
    14:17 <Slinky-Eternal> al i wanted was a DCHrome aplated
    14:17 <+Jax> I ended up killing the nerve in my tooth and now with some practice and stretching I am able to close my jaw properly again
    14:17 <Slinky-Eternal> hotswheel them said
    14:17 <+Jax> lol
    14:17 <+Jax> I'm being a 100% honest
    14:17 <Slinky-Eternal> so palins still sold coal too russia
    14:17 <Slinky-Eternal> an that dude mooved away
    14:17 <Slinky-Eternal> wtff ya know good job... smart that one....
    14:18 <Slinky-Eternal> i can not demote innocents
    14:18 <mach7> YOU CAN EITHER BELIEVE IT OR NOT:   i did music on a DJ Site and whoever wanted to play could play, and if you lost, you die.
    14:18 <Slinky-Eternal> no matter how faliced the
    14:18 <mach7> and a lot of russians died.
    14:18 <+Jax> I'll be fine
    14:18 <Slinky-Eternal> nor maliced in there movement

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@1gservers said:

@Nekki said:

Providers can pay accidentally?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • If Xerus sees this message, say hi :^)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Let's not discuss IRC-related matters here because no one cares about IRC on this platform - only those who are there, and they're just there to idle and chat, occasionally.

Thanked by 3Nekki KermEd lanefu
  • jill92jill92 Member
    edited March 2022

@DP said:
    Let's not discuss IRC-related matters here because no one cares about IRC on this platform - only those who are there, and they're just there to idle and chat, occasionally.

Nobody cares? Are you kidding me? So, you'd prefer a future with backdoored past-Westmere/Coppermine processors (Intel ME, etc), and with JS bloat that sucks up 2GB of RAM as well? Holy shit. @jsg

Here's a real example and this box hosts IRC services (SCSI HDD; 30MB/s R/W speed, could get better results with RAID 0):

total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:          1.0Gi        28Mi       699Mi       0.0Ki       274Mi       838Mi
    Swap:         1.0Gi          0B       1.0Gi

NAME   MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    fd0      2:0    1  1.4M  0 disk 
    sda      8:0    0   17G  0 disk 
    ├─sda1   8:1    0    6G  0 part /
    ├─sda2   8:2    0    1K  0 part 
    ├─sda5   8:5    0 1022M  0 part [SWAP]
    └─sda6   8:6    0   10G  0 part /home
    sr0     11:0    1 1024M  0 rom  

@Nekki said:

@1gservers said:

@Nekki said:

Burn it all down. That will fix the problem /s

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@1gservers said:

@Nekki said:

@1gservers said:

@Nekki said:

Providers could have collectively just refused to pay. You held all the cards. But you didn’t work together, and now some of you are out in the cold.

So it’s 100% the fault of the providers. You could have stopped or shaped this.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jill92 said:

@DP said:

Nobody cares? Are you kidding me? So, you'd prefer a future with backdoored past-Westmere/Coppermine processors (Intel ME, etc), and with JS bloat that sucks up 2GB of RAM as well? Holy shit.

No-one cares mate, jog on.

@Nekki said:

@1gservers said:

@Nekki said:

@1gservers said:

@Nekki said:

Providers could have collectively just refused to pay. You held all the cards. But you didn’t work together, and now some of you are out in the cold.

Sounds a lot like victim blaming to me.

• @Nekki said:

@jill92 said:

@DP said:

Nobody cares? Are you kidding me? So, you'd prefer a future with backdoored past-Westmere/Coppermine processors (Intel ME, etc), and with JS bloat that sucks up 2GB of RAM as well? Holy shit.

t. schizoposting redditor

edited March 2022

@Nekki said:

I probably wouldn't (even if in practice, the providers that I have services with probably won't pay the invoices).

I'm not sure that penalizing a provider for trying to sell their services on LET is the best way for an end-user to protest the new fee.

Of course, a provider may decide to protest the new fee by not paying it and advertising elsewhere.

Thanked by 11gservers
  • Can the mods give jill92 a red profile pic for few hours for breaking my immersion in this drama?

Thanked by 2Lee angstrom
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@1gservers said:

@Nekki said:

@1gservers said:

@Nekki said:

@1gservers said:

@Nekki said:

Sounds a lot like victim blaming to me.

@jbiloh you’ve made providers feel like victims in this. What does that say, do you think?

• @Nekki said: So it’s 100% the fault of the providers. You could have stopped or shaped this.

I mean there was supposed to be Discussion in Provider-only forum so I assume most of those voiced theirs concerns/veto or something?
    We will see who will pay, who will not :)

Anyway I am more shocked that some providers want to post "last offer" at the end of March. What for? Post that on the forum(s) you plan to migrate too - you will make a big, nice entry and there is a chance that more people gonna follow you there.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • jill92jill92 Member
    edited March 2022

See, here's what we really need to do, to fix LET:

• Block all incoming connections originating out of any 3rd world country
    • Enable grammatical/punctuation checkers and the user gets a warning if they fail these checks
    • Stop giving a fuck about "ban evasion"
    • Shitpost more
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

I probably wouldn't (even if in practice, the providers that I have services have probably won't pay the invoices).

I'm not sure that penalizing a provider for trying to sell their services on LET is the best way for an end-user to protest the new fee.

I’m not saying it is, or that anyone should do it (I’m certainly not), I was just curious.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jill92 said:

@Nekki said:

@jill92 said:

@DP said:

No idea what any of those words mean. Bye.

• @Nekki said:

@jill92 said:

@Nekki said:

@jill92 said:

@DP said:

No idea what any of those words mean. Bye.

Tranime makes you a pedophile, don't forget about that. Remember the incel -> troon pipeline.