Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jill92 said:

@Nekki said:

@jill92 said:

@Nekki said:

@jill92 said:

@DP said:
    Let's not discuss IRC-related matters here because no one cares about IRC on this platform - only those who are there, and they're just there to idle and chat, occasionally.

Nobody cares? Are you kidding me? So, you'd prefer a future with backdoored past-Westmere/Coppermine processors (Intel ME, etc), and with JS bloat that sucks up 2GB of RAM as well? Holy shit.

No-one cares mate, jog on.

t. schizoposting redditor

No idea what any of those words mean. Bye.

Tranime makes you a pedophile, don't forget about that. Remember the incel -> troon pipeline.

Sorry, it’s just clicked. As you were, Captain.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@jill92 said: Stop giving a fuck about "ban evasion"

May we ask what your previous identity is/was here?

• As a reminder, BuyVM fanboys should be gassed on-sight, however. IncogNet is a sham, you will get better value out of @spectraip or @skbenterprise; peering is quite good, actually, though, their "primary" brand (which I won't name) is probably better.

• @angstrom said:

@Unbelievable

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@angstrom said:

make an educated tiny weasily guess I'd say.

• LET curry list

• nobizzlenobizzle Member
    edited March 2022

Ok guys, how about some good deals on today's "provider fees" day....

Plot twist 😁

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@jill92 said:

@angstrom said:

@Unbelievable

Thanks for your candor.

I don't recall why @Unbelievable was banned. He seemed okay most of the time, but was perhaps a bit volatile or unruly at times.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • As a reminder, @dahartigan should be held accountable for his role in causing the RackScamNerd empire to thrive.

Thanked by 2Nekki BlaZe
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@jill92 said:
    As a reminder, @dahartigan should be held accountable for his role in causing the RackScamNerd empire to thrive.

I knew you were OK

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @jill92 said:
    As a reminder, BuyVM fanboys should be gassed on-sight, however. IncogNet is a sham, you will get better value out of @spectraip or @skbenterprise; peering is quite good, actually, though, their "primary" brand (which I won't name) is probably better.

Wtf does this have to do with the provider fee? And yes no one here gives a shit you have IRC issues.

How much longer before @jbiloh locks this thread because he doesn't like that his manipulation tactics failed? I'm expecting him to post 'one last response' edit another 20 or so replies in here and lock the thread. And then parade around as if he is the hero white knight handing out overdue invoices thinking he is the saviour of a now dying LET.

• @KermEd said: Wtf does this have to do with the provider fee? And yes no one here gives a shit you have IRC issues.

t. soyboy

• @jill92 said:

LET curry list

Thanks

• @jill92 said:

@KermEd said: Wtf does this have to do with the provider fee? And yes no one here gives a shit you have IRC issues.

t. soyboy

Awww did you break your keyboard? Maybe you should wait until you have a new one before you try typing again.

He didn't last long

• AidanAidan Member

Rip possum.

• fynixfynix Member

@angstrom said:
    He didn't last long

That's why he doesn't have a girlfriend.

• zhunterzhunter Member
    edited March 2022

Cute, willing to pay up to $15 in crypto (XMR/BCH) for the #lowendtalk IRC chan log file. Must be from early Dec-present. @Hotmarer @JeDaYoshi @dahartigan

@zhunter said:
    Cute, willing to pay up to $15 in crypto (XMR/BCH) for the #lowendtalk IRC chan log file. Must be from early Dec-present. @Hotmarer

You don't quit easily, do you?

No congrats on your first post

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@angstrom said: You don't quit easily, do you?

You have to respect the persistence.

• @fynix no need to even bother trying to hide the fact that you're alting:

15:29 <+redacted> <system> hiya joins
    15:29 <+redacted> <hiya> hi

• t. curry

• @zhunter said:
    Cute, willing to pay up to $15 in crypto (XMR/BCH) for the #lowendtalk IRC chan log file. Must be from early Dec-present. @Hotmarer @JeDaYoshi @dahartigan

If you give this money to LES as a donation, I'll send you for free!

• zhunterzhunter Member
    edited March 2022

@Hotmarer said:

@zhunter said:

If you give this money to LES as a donation, I'll send you for free!

Alright, didn't specify a minimum amount, so I'll do $5. @MasonR add in crypto payments as an option, and we can make it happen...

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited March 2022

@Francisco said: You really have a hate boner for Virmach don't you? :P Dustin is effectively exclusive to CC on here. He has some China friendly DC's, but he (almost) never posts offers/deals from there on here.

I don't hate any provider. I do not believe Virmach is, or ever was, exclusively ColoCrossing.

@stevewatson301 said: Sorry, but your invoice and public information about Coloncrossing appears to disagree.

WNY IT Services, FKA Velocity Servers, does not own ColoCrossing. It sold ColoCrossing in 2018 along with the brand name "Velocity Servers". You can read more about this here: https://www.colocrossing.com/blog/colocrossing-acquired-by-deluxe-corporation/

@Nekki said: Can I just take provider offers I see elsewhere and post them myself?

Users are free to share exciting offers worth talking about but it can't be done with the intention to go around the provider tag rule. Common sense works here.

@Nekki said: So you’ve no idea then. I didn’t think so, but thought I’d ask.

Given these changes, I would expect suitable financial compensation for any participation.

This underestimates all the work that gone into BF/CM the past couple years. I want to build on the prior success.

And yes, happy to have the discussion with you about what makes sense for future involvement. :)

@angstrom said: Participants sometimes link to offers that they find. As long as it's done discreetly, it probably wouldn't raise a red flag.

So long as its organic and natural, I see no problem with it. Just use a common sense approach.

@Nekki said: What about indiscreetly? Just thinking I could undercut JB and offer a $50 yearly fee paid in services.

This would not be OK.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited March 2022

@jbiloh

Sorry, but I think you f_cked this one up.

I do get your point and I even agree - from a sales perspective. Yes, $16/mo is almost a freebie for providers with thousands of $ before taxes per month.

But this is LET!, not some online shop. You own it but sorry, it seems to me that you haven't really understood it, how it ticks, how the users tick.

Counter proposal:

New providers, get x (maybe 3) free offer threads for a start. That is a fair chance for starters. After that new providers as well as generally all providers can choose: Either they pay say $20 for an offer thread or they pay $100 semi annually, in which case they get some perks too, e.g. a guaranteed place in the list of top-provider candidates.

That way everybody can be happy. LET gets income (and probably even more than with your, pardon me brutal and brutally introduced plan). New providers get a fair shot and some breathing room, larger and/or well established providers pay your semi-annually fee and get some value for it, and all the other providers in between the two extremes can choose to pay a fair price and run an offer or promo or to not pay at all and to not create offer/promo threads.
    Btw, you could give the fully (semi-annually) paying providers a "better" tag, e.g. "premium provider" or "supporting provider", but you definitely should not basically insult and take their 'provider' tag away from those providers who choose not to pay or to pay only per offer/promo thread. A provider is a provider, period. Do not belittle those who choose not to pay or don't pay the semi-annual fee.

Oh and: Please no "interesting, I'll think about it [bla bla]" response. Either really pick up or don't but no (basically just sounding nice) phrase. Most of us have earned some respect, so treat us properly, please.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@jsg said: Counter proposal:

New providers, get x (maybe 3) free offer threads for a start. That is a fair chance for starters. After that new providers as well as generally all providers can choose: Either they pay say $20 for an offer thread or they pay $100 semi annually, in which case they get some perks too, e.g. a guaranteed place in the list of top-provider candidates.

That way everybody can be happy. LET gets income (and probably even more than with your, pardon me brutal and brutally introduced plan). New providers get a fair shot and some breathing room, larger and/or well established providers pay your semi-annually fee and get some value for it, and all the other providers in between the two extremes can choose to pay a fair price and run an offer or promo or to not pay at all and to not pay any fee.
    Btw, you could give the fully (semi-annually) paying providers a "better" tag, e.g. "premium provider" or "supporting provider", but you definitely should not basically insult and take their away from those providers who choose not to pay or to pay only per offer/promo thread. A provider is a provider, do not belittle those who don't pay or don't pay the semi-annual fee.

Oh and: Please no "interesting, I'll think about it [bla bla]". Either really pick up or don't but no (basically just sounding nice) phrase. Most of us have earned some respect, so treat us properly, please.

Good thoughts, thank you.

Today I've spent some more time thinking how LowEndBox and LowEndTalk can help micro hosts who find it difficult to allocate resources to marketing at their early stages. @Not_Oles is going to be putting something together in the next few days/weeks along those lines.

In light of the changes that have already been implemented to the stated policy, I don't think its reasonable for someone to say that my replies acknowledging good ideas (and all of the general suggestions posted) is disrespectful. After all, some of those ideas have already been built into the changes the past 48 hours.

Much work to be done.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles