Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes! - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes!

Comments

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@ps20090 said:
    My Friend Told Me Twelve is a Significant Number.
    I disagreed. I said it dozen't matter.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited February 2022

Thanks @PulsedMedia, the 12/12/12 deal is finally here! :open_mouth: By the way where is @Nekki that needs HUGE disks :confused:

Not trying to complain here but I do feel slightly sad for the one staying up all night (I know a few here that are 3-5am in their timezone now) that it isn't recurring, I really do wonder what's the limiting factor on not doing it recurring.

In terms of per TB pricing it is less than €1/TB/m (for first term), which makes it fantastic but there's just 12 of them so not a lot to lose? (Compare to the few PBs you are selling in this event).

Based on per TB pricing for the recurring price, it is quite similar to the 12th Anniversary V10G XS - 2.99€/m that have faster networks and bandwidths, yet doesn't need to stay up all night to get it. (I know there's also CPU costs but note that there isn't any IP costs here if I understand correctly)

Sorry if I spoilt the fun and again thanks for being crazy :)

(From someone just waking up from sleep)

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:
    Astro's mega offer! - 18 left! Get it while you can! I think this is the cheapest 14TB (approx) I've seen!

ought to be by a country mile! Well below 1€/TB, and then add the bonuses ...!

Also 12 pages soon!

@oriend said:
    Amazing, I'm always late for these great deals. Congrats to new owners of "Very FAT32".

Just got to lurk harder! ;)

Its a great deal! Thanks for the username change! The box is showing 11.8TB as storage, could you fix that up as well please? :)

~13.32TB = 12 121GiB.

Hmm, does the service really show 11.8TB? Screenshot please. I might've typoed on the automation but i doubt.

I did these new services WAY WAY too fast, and not in routine like @ Black Friday

Screenshot as requested! https://ibb.co/z6qWsbp

That's rounding and 1000 vs 1024! :)

12 121GiB = 11.8369TiB

(dang forgot what it was ISO vs ... ?)

Got it! All sorted then :) i think you put the wrong storage on the offer page then lol

12 121 / 1024 == 11.8369 so nope :)

• @PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:
    Astro's mega offer! - 18 left! Get it while you can! I think this is the cheapest 14TB (approx) I've seen!

Also 12 pages soon!

@oriend said:
    Amazing, I'm always late for these great deals. Congrats to new owners of "Very FAT32".

Its a great deal! Thanks for the username change! The box is showing 11.8TB as storage, could you fix that up as well please? :)

~13.32TB = 12 121GiB.

Hmm, does the service really show 11.8TB? Screenshot please. I might've typoed on the automation but i doubt.

I did these new services WAY WAY too fast, and not in routine like @ Black Friday

12 121GiB = 11.8369TiB

Got it! All sorted then :) i think you put the wrong storage on the offer page then lol

No no I meant here https://ibb.co/ThpcgGG

• @FAT32 said:
    Thanks @PulsedMedia, the 12/12/12 deal is finally here! :open_mouth: By the way where is @Nekki that needs HUGE disks :confused:

Not trying to complain here but I do feel slightly sad for the one staying up all night (I know a few here that are 3-5am in their timezone now) that it isn't recurring, I really do wonder what's the limiting factor on not doing it recurring.

In terms of per TB pricing it is less than €1/TB/m (for first term), which makes it fantastic but there's just 12 of them so not a lot to lose? (Compare to the few PBs you are selling in this event).

Based on per TB pricing for the recurring price, it is quite similar to the 12th Anniversary V10G XS - 2.99€/m that have faster networks and bandwidths, yet doesn't need to stay up all night to get it. (I know there's also CPU costs but note that there isn't any IP costs here if I understand correctly)

We need to know if you picked one.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • It's 12th page! Yay!

• @Astro said: Screenshot as requested! https://ibb.co/z6qWsbp

Its the same in the fat32 :)

• @PulsedMedia thanks for the awesome deals. I'm able to grab two . I hope in page 12 we see one more 12th Anniversary Dragon-R 500GB

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • I'm wondering how far the astro plan can go with the super generous bonus

@FAT32 said:

huge ... HUUGE .... like .... say ... a PiB or two?!? ;D

As for the rest, it's the €/Month vs Overhead thingy ma jigg why we had to go a bit restricted on that promo, as well as the other ones.... One single ticket can blow the profit margin on HW/Network for 10 years at @ 1.01€/Month rate. Human resources are absurdly crazy costly at Finland. Most businesses minimum rate is 60€/hour + VAT ...

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • towards Flat 12

@Astro said:

Maybe? :wink:

Sadly I don't usually pick up one-time off promo unless it is near to free... (Just checked my list of the hundreds of services I gotten in the past, the max I ever paid for a one-time off is $1/1stmonth)

• @FAT32 said:

@Astro said:

Maybe? :wink:

Sadly I don't usually pick up one-time off promo unless it is near to free... (Just checked my list of the hundreds of services I gotten in the past, the max I ever paid for a one-time off is $1/1stmonth)

Maybe you should pickup the Astros plan then ;)

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

Also 12 pages soon!

@oriend said:

~13.32TB = 12 121GiB.

12 121GiB = 11.8369TiB

13.32TB == 11.84TiB.
    Again ISO vs SI units once more :)

TB is how HDD manufactures advertises, TiB is how computers calculate. 10^2 == 1024

13.32TB and 11.84TiB are exactly the same thing.

Do you think we should show the larger number of the two on the welcome page btw? how about @emperor ?

@Astro said:
    I'm wondering how far the astro plan can go with the super generous bonus

QUADRUPLE of 13.32TB so == 53.28TB over the course of years.

• @FAT32 said:

@Astro said:

say Terrahost had a dedicated €15/y deal and you'll see FAT32 fall from his chair if he missed it.

Thanked by 2FAT32 PulsedMedia
  • @PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

Also 12 pages soon!

@oriend said:

~13.32TB = 12 121GiB.

12 121GiB = 11.8369TiB

13.32TB == 11.84TiB.
    Again ISO vs SI units once more :)

TB is how HDD manufactures advertises, TiB is how computers calculate. 10^2 == 1024

13.32TB and 11.84TiB are exactly the same thing.

Do you think we should show the larger number of the two on the welcome page btw? how about @emperor ?

@Astro said:
    I'm wondering how far the astro plan can go with the super generous bonus

QUADRUPLE of 13.32TB so == 53.28TB over the course of years.

I think larger number would look great marketing wise.

Hopefully there is enough free space on the node you put me on for good bonuses to come through!

Put 2x Dragon-R raffle to celebrate 12th page :)

Thanked by 2pouyam FAT32
  • @ehab said:

@FAT32 said:

@Astro said:

say Terrahost had a dedicated €15/y deal and you'll see FAT32 fall from his chair if he missed it.

I think you'd see a lot of people fall of their chair with that deal 🤣

Thanked by 2ehab FAT32
  • @PulsedMedia said:

2 != 12 :wink:

Thanked by 1Astro
  • @PulsedMedia said:

Rushed to pick it up and it was gone. Happy 12th page!

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • Page 13 incoming.

Thanked by 1hotsnow

@PulsedMedia said:
    huge ... HUUGE .... like .... say ... a PiB or two?!? ;D

As for the rest, it's the €/Month vs Overhead thingy ma jigg why we had to go a bit restricted on that promo, as well as the other ones.... One single ticket can blow the profit margin on HW/Network for 10 years at @ 1.01€/Month rate. Human resources are absurdly crazy costly at Finland. Most businesses minimum rate is 60€/hour + VAT ...

Fair, that's definitely one of them, maybe can enforce some "No support" thing. I am aware support is very expensive thus I nearly never open a ticket unless I am sure it is not something I can solve by myself (eg. Wrong deployment / specifications, Cannot login control panel, Wrong billing price)

How I usually calculate from my side is how does it compares to their all-day plan (All-day here means you have at least a few hours to consider and purchase, with sufficient stocks), with all things considered :)

Thanked by 2hotsnow PulsedMedia
  • 12th Anniversary M10G 1TB Go GO

• Is it possible to mount the seedbox to a folder on a VPS and play the media via Plex? Anyone done that before?

@ehab said:

I nearly fall from my chair last time when it happened... I think I am either asleep or half awake at that time but ya that was one of the most insane dedicated server in the LET history (It is €0.95/m btw)

(But CloudCone tops it even further by having a lottery for free recurring dedicated server for life, and I believe @Ympker won it)

• dgc1980dgc1980 Member
    edited February 2022

@Astro said: Is it possible to mount the seedbox to a folder on a VPS and play the media via Plex? Anyone done that before?

rclone ftp mount, I would not recommend it though.

• @dgc1980 said:

@Astro said: Is it possible to mount the seedbox to a folder on a VPS and play the media via Plex? Anyone done that before?

rclone ftp mount

Going to try this tomorrow. Then i can sell my 16TB SYS server to someone who wants it.

Thanks to @PulsedMedia for suggesting coffee to stay up. Was worth it. Now hopefully the guides come through!

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @Astro said: rclone ftp mount

sshfs is easier and safer :)

@Astro said:
    Maybe you should pickup the Astros plan then ;)

Need more budget and probably linux ISO but I think I won't be able to consume so much linux ISO myself...

• @Astro said: Going to try this tomorrow. Then i can sell my 16TB SYS server to someone who wants it.

I honestly would not recommend this method. as it will be taxing on bandwidth on both servers, very slow seek times etc, you are best off getting google workspace enterprise unlimited google drive and mounting that and syncing to that from the seedbox

Thanked by 2Astro PulsedMedia