Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes! - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes!

Comments

• @Unixfy said:
    Yay! Just got my hands on that 1TB raffle seedbox :)

i missed that

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@iNanja said:

@doughnet said:

How'd you get that speed to so high? I did speed test on 20gbps server and got this.

Guessing from the latency for you speedtest seems to have picked different server most likely.

At these speeds latency becomes super important for single thread transfers.
    I doubt either of the speedtest servers has more than 10Gbps so also how many other tests running -- and how much other activity on the server you are on is happening too.

It's actually very difficult to get that kind of speeds over the internet on single thread.

• Happy 12th Anniversary!

Woohoo, got the M10G earlier today and in the middle of setting it up :smile:

It probably won't replace my Kimsufi as my main box (I enjoy having root access and running other services on my server) but I'm definitely planning to keep it.

Might still try for the Dragon-R box, expecting to not be as lucky though!

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • totototototo Member
    edited February 2022

@iNanja said:

@doughnet said:

How'd you get that speed to so high? I did speed test on 20gbps server and got this.

The main reason is that doughnet used an official client and you used an unofficial one.

This is the result of my run on V10G XS.

***@***:~/test$ wget -q -O speedtest.py https://raw.githubusercontent.com/laset-com/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py
    ***@***:~/test$ chmod +x ./speedtest.py
    ***@***:~/test$ wget -q -O speedtest.tgz "https://install.speedtest.net/app/cli/ookla-speedtest-1.1.1-linux-$(uname -m).tgz"
    ***@***:~/test$ mkdir -p speedtest-cli
    ***@***:~/test$ tar zxf speedtest.tgz -C ./speedtest-cli
    ***@***:~/test$ chmod +x ./speedtest-cli/speedtest
    ***@***:~/test$ ./speedtest-cli/speedtest --accept-license --accept-gdpr --server-id=31122

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: RETN - Helsinki (id = 31122)
            ISP: Magna Capax Finland Oy
        Latency:     0.80 ms   (0.04 ms jitter)
       Download:  9299.69 Mbps (data used: 4.4 GB )
         Upload:  8220.59 Mbps (data used: 5.0 GB )
    Packet Loss:     0.0%
     Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/1631985f-f32a-4c3f-b99f-2a7d7ea985fa

***@***:~/test$ ./speedtest-cli/speedtest --accept-license --accept-gdpr --server-id=14928

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: Telia - Helsinki (id = 14928)
        Latency:     0.66 ms   (0.03 ms jitter)
       Download:  9484.07 Mbps (data used: 10.0 GB )
         Upload:  8446.19 Mbps (data used: 3.8 GB )
     Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/da8d8ba1-ffd6-4c5c-8ebf-b84b99d9833e

***@***:~/test$ ./speedtest.py --share --server 31122
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from Magna Capax Finland Oy (***.***.***.***)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Retrieving information for the selected server...
    Hosted by RETN (Helsinki) [0.18 km]: 1.962 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 2722.05 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed................................................................................................
    Upload: 1884.81 Mbit/s
    Share results: https://www.speedtest.net/result/12758918461.png

***@***:~/test$ ./speedtest.py --share --server 14928
    Testing from Magna Capax Finland Oy (***.***.***.***)...
    Hosted by Telia (Helsinki) [0.28 km]: 1.997 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 2737.95 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed................................................................................................
    Upload: 1886.91 Mbit/s
    Share results: https://www.speedtest.net/result/12758919348.png

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @tototo said:

@iNanja said:

The main reason is that doughnet used an official client and you used an unofficial one.

This is the result of my run on V10G XS.

shhhh ... its all in the wrist!

• @PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:
    got one of the free ssd box and another Anniversary V10G S , i am very statisfied with the overall performance , but the bandwidth allocation of special plans is a little bit stingy for my use ,so i want to upgrade to a normal mushu plan . is it possible to exchange my current special plans for some recurring discounts on your normal dragon-r series seedboxes ?

Dragon-R doesn't really get special pricing. But we can refund to credit the V10G S and you can use that as part of the payment for Mushu.

M10G tho is better bang per buck since it's RAID5 not RAID10, and mostly Ryzen and not EPyC. Dragon-R is an excercise of "when money is no objection" :)

Also , could you help me understand more about the "ram" allocation ? is the ram couted the same as in vps/dedicated servers ? you listed the ram explicitly on some plans' webpages , but kinda "fogot" on others'.
    1. if i install sonarr/radarr/emby on my box , will that count as ram usage ?
    2. how do i check exact ram usage?
    3. how much ram does mushu has

Actually it does not mean much right now, but will eventually. When it starts meaning more all your apps count towards to the limit.

Mushu i think was 2 or 4GB.

Once we get close to enabling actual limits on everything, not just rtorrent, we will update all the pages and put it visible somewhere on the service :)

I wonder if eventually when limits are placed if Emby + other apps will function seamlessly with 1 GB ram

• ooowwwwooowwww Member
    edited February 2022

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:
    got one of the free ssd box and another Anniversary V10G S , i am very statisfied with the overall performance , but the bandwidth allocation of special plans is a little bit stingy for my use ,so i want to upgrade to a normal mushu plan . is it possible to exchange my current special plans for some recurring discounts on your normal dragon-r series seedboxes ?

Dragon-R doesn't really get special pricing. But we can refund to credit the V10G S and you can use that as part of the payment for Mushu.

M10G tho is better bang per buck since it's RAID5 not RAID10, and mostly Ryzen and not EPyC. Dragon-R is an excercise of "when money is no objection" :)

Also , could you help me understand more about the "ram" allocation ? is the ram couted the same as in vps/dedicated servers ? you listed the ram explicitly on some plans' webpages , but kinda "fogot" on others'.

Actually it does not mean much right now, but will eventually. When it starts meaning more all your apps count towards to the limit.

Once we get close to enabling actual limits on everything, not just rtorrent, we will update all the pages and put it visible somewhere on the service :)

I wonder if eventually when limits are placed if Emby + other apps will function seamlessly with 1 GB ram

with my own limited experience, dockernized sonarr +radarr+rutorrent+rclone mount+emby will take about 1.7 G ram even when network is in idle, downloading and uploading can push the ram usage above 2G, 4G will be much comfortable for such set up

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @tototo said:

Ok, so I did what you did on the Dragon-R Toruk 20gbps

It seems ok?

:~$ ./speedtest-cli/speedtest --accept-license --accept-gdpr --server-id=31122

Speedtest by Ookla

Latency:     0.70 ms   (0.07 ms jitter)

Download: 9340.14 Mbps (data used: 4.2 GB )
    Upload: 4255.85 Mbps (data used: 6.2 GB )
    Packet Loss: 0.0%
    Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/a9e69cf6-153b-41be-8f21-12d87288d3c5

:~$ ./speedtest-cli/speedtest --accept-license --accept-gdpr --server-id=14928

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: Telia - Helsinki (id = 14928)
    Latency:     0.74 ms   (0.07 ms jitter)

Download: 17705.85 Mbps (data used: 30.7 GB )
    Upload: 2064.81 Mbps (data used: 3.4 GB )
    Packet Loss: 0.0%
    Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/8b91ed9e-9b3a-458d-99dc-0abeb096159f

:~$ ./speedtest.py --share --server 31122
    Testing from Magna Capax Finland Oy (185.148.3.44)...
    Hosted by RETN (Helsinki) [0.18 km]: 2.572 ms
    Download: 2392.79 Mbit/s
    Upload: 1987.90 Mbit/s
    Share results: https://www.speedtest.net/result/12759028174.png

:~$ ./speedtest.py --share --server 14928
    Testing from Magna Capax Finland Oy (185.148.3.44)...
    Hosted by Telia (Helsinki) [0.28 km]: 2.178 ms
    Download: 2383.14 Mbit/s
    Upload: 1991.88 Mbit/s
    Share results: https://www.speedtest.net/result/12759029384.png

• AstroAstro Member
    edited February 2022

@ooowwww said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

with my own limited experience, dockernized sonarr +radarr+rutorrent+rclone mount+emby will take about 1.7 G ram even when network is in idle, downloading and uploading can push the ram usage above 2G, 4G will be much comfortable for such set up

Well hope the astro plan gets a ram bump then haha when limits come into place Commensurate to the disk size. I actually thought it was 12 gb ram based on whcms but that's on me for not confirming before buying Even the smallest M10 has 2 GB ram. They are usually the GB equivalent of the storage in TB

@PulsedMedia

Thanked by 1nordmann
  • nice! Got a 1TB raffle seedbox. 16 hours!

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @Astro said:

@ooowwww said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

Well hope the astro plan gets a ram bump then haha when limits come into place Commensurate to the disk size. I actually thought it was 12 gb ram based on whcms but that's on me for not confirming before buying Even the smallest M10 has 2 GB ram. They are usually the GB equivalent of the storage in TB

@PulsedMedia

+1 i too thought the same and since its usually the situation with other plans 1gb ram/tb

Thanked by 1nordmann
  • @contactwajeeh said:

@Astro said:

@ooowwww said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia

+1 i too thought the same and since its usually the situation with other plans 1gb ram/tb

Im sure @PulsedMedia will sort it out. :)

• nordmannnordmann Member
    edited February 2022

same here + have to deeply apologize if someone followed my "best bet" comment :s

Really thought this must have been copy/paste mistake from FAT32 deal as 1GB mem is really low for a 12tb machine: together with less bandwith I do not understand the "super limited community deal" tag on Astro's as Anniversary V10G L outperforms it on all specs (except those +4tb of course!) and was available 100x :|

@PulsedMedia
    No negative vibes intended, love your anniversary offers <3 - just my misunderstanding :)

Thanked by 1matheny
  • @nordmann said:
    same here + have to deeply apologize if someone followed my "best bet" comment :s

Really thought this must have been copy/paste mistake from FAT32 deal as 1GB mem is really low for a 12tb machine: together with less bandwith I do not understand the "super limited community deal" tag on Astro's as Anniversary V10G L outperforms it on all specs (except those +4tb of course!) and was available 100x :|

@PulsedMedia
    No negative vibes intended, love your anniversary offers <3 - just my misunderstanding :)

Is she IU LOL :D I also thought it was 12G too, because otherwise it would be somewhat less appealing than the V10G L (it even has 32TB BW).

Thanked by 1nordmann
  • Is she IU LOL :D I also thought it was 12G too, because otherwise it would be somewhat less appealing than the V10G L (it even has 32TB BW).

Honestly seems like a mistake. 1.2 GB ram just doesn't make sense. Let's just wait to hear from PulseMedia.

• Just got an M10G box and I'm really impressed with it so far!!

Speedtest by Ookla

Latency:     0.63 ms   (0.03 ms jitter)
       Download:  9357.40 Mbps (data used: 4.2 GB )
         Upload:  8794.41 Mbps (data used: 4.0 GB )
     Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/d51d147b-6f3a-4ec2-b3b0-017c6e7a6179

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • There's one 12th Anniversary V1000 500GB available right now!! go get it!

@Astro said:

@ooowwww said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia

@contactwajeeh said:

@Astro said:

@ooowwww said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia

~1.2GB RAM is correct. Look at the €/TB Metric, just cannot have everything.
    13.32TB for 12.12€ == 0.91€/TB -- The other option would've have been none at all, or 12.12€ only for first month.

• AstroAstro Member
    edited February 2022

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@ooowwww said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia

@contactwajeeh said:

@Astro said:

@ooowwww said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia

13.32TB for 12.12€ == 0.91€/TB -- The other option would've have been none at all, or 12.12€ only for first month.

I don't mind paying €13 for 4 gigs but be able to run all the services offered. Or The current price with a TB less?

At what additional price are you able to offer additional ram? Or at what reduction of storage can you increase the ram?

Just trying to come up with a solution so that we can comfortable run the services offered. Because even just for Emby 2Gigs is recommended.

• 13 euros brings the €/TB ratio to 1.04 as compared to 1.4 of the 11.99 8TB version with 8 gigs of ram. So would 4 gigs additional ram at €13 bring the overall value proposition to the 8TB machine?

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@ooowwww said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia

@contactwajeeh said:

@Astro said:

@ooowwww said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia

I don't mind paying €13 for 4 gigs but be able to run all the services offered. Or The current price with a TB less?

At what additional price are you able to offer additional ram? Or at what reduction of storage can you increase the ram?

Just trying to come up with a solution so that we can comfortable run the services offered. Because even just for Emby 2Gigs is recommended.

Enabled extras for the MEGA. Same as all other V10G for extras.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@ooowwww said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia

@contactwajeeh said:

@Astro said:

@ooowwww said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@ooowwww said:

@PulsedMedia

Enabled extras for the MEGA. Same as all other V10G for extras.

€15 euros for additional 2 gigs of ram? That’s more than the box itself. I guess I’ll have to stick to the 8TB box. :(

You are worrying over something which may never happen: strict RAM limits.
    Current thinking is that when it's enabled the number you are seeing is SOFT limit, meaning you can go over if there is free ram.

• sezingsezing Member, Host Rep

If anyone wants to transfer their Astro's MEGA plan. I would gladly accept it.

• V1000 500GB is available, incase anyone need it.

@elliotc said:
    V1000 500GB is available, incase anyone need it.

Thanked by 1Pilotseye
  • @PulsedMedia said:

@elliotc said:
    V1000 500GB is available, incase anyone need it.

The SSD now :)

• @PulsedMedia said:
    You are worrying over something which may never happen: strict RAM limits.
    Current thinking is that when it's enabled the number you are seeing is SOFT limit, meaning you can go over if there is free ram.

I hear what you’re saying and I appreciate the deal too no doubt but the key word here is may. With the overhaul planned - I may not be able to even run emby properly. That’s why I asked if reducing storage by a TB would allow you to throw in more RAM. Not sure what path I’ll take right now in terms of what box I’ll keep. But it’s tricky. That’s why I did the value calculation for the 8TB box.

• Get a dedi if you want all these apps. These apps, arrs, downloaders and media players, are pretty resource intensive and just won't be able to run smoothly in long term. For a seedbox slot though, these deals offer fantastic value. But do not get carried away.