Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting at $3.50 | KVM | Virtualizor| NVME | 24/7 Support - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Starting at $3.50 | KVM | Virtualizor| NVME | 24/7 Support

12346»

Comments

• @fkhfhiigf said:
    Not bad, but not the performance I expected to be honest...
    Maybe the servers are overloaded now @LittleCreek ?

Seems normal to me

• @jcarlo9 said:

@fkhfhiigf said:

Seems normal to me

That geekbench is very low, I had that 4GB littlecreek VPS before and it was higher

• @szymonp said:

@jcarlo9 said:

@fkhfhiigf said:

Seems normal to me

That geekbench is very low, I had that 4GB littlecreek VPS before and it was higher

Maybe it's because the node is not loaded with users yet. But for a vps on that price and with that specs it seems normal for that cpu.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

For 4 cores/4GB or 8 core 8GB...Could be better, but for the price, they're fantastic.

• for $7 it could be much worse and still be acceptable.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

I need to do some hardware upgrades to a couple of servers but I was waiting to do it at the same time as putting in the new router for the Cogent bandwidth that I am getting. The data center is 2.5 hours away so I didn't want to have to make 2 trips.

In preparation for the hardware upgrades I moved a bunch of clients to other servers. They are not "overloaded" but loaded more than normal.

I had expected to have the Cogent installed 2 weeks ago. It should be installed by next weekend and then I can do the upgrades and move clients back to the other servers and the load will come down.

• @LittleCreek said: I need to do some hardware upgrades..

pls tell us what will be the upgrade?

• Will the upgrade cause network outages?

• edited June 2022

@biangkerok said:

@LittleCreek said: I need to do some hardware upgrades..

pls tell us what will be the upgrade?

It says:

@LittleCreek said:

I had expected to have the Cogent installed 2 weeks ago. It should be installed by next weekend and then I can do the upgrades and move clients back to the other servers and the load will come down.

Thanked by 1ElonBezos

@jingfanqin said:
    Will the upgrade cause network outages?

No. These are changes made to a couple of host machines. Its to separate backups from the operating system.

• Maybe upgrade AFF system?

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited July 2022

Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by Chisholm Broadband : 45.601 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 311.50 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
    Upload: 176.62 Mbit/s

@LittleCreek
    :disappointed:

• @LittleCreek Must have a long waiting list for his servers. :D

@Arkas That's why I have not advertised here in a while. Been waiting to the new bandwidth provider. Hopefully will be ready next week. I had to order some new equipment because they surprised me by running fiber instead of cat6 which is plenty for 1G service.

• henixhenix Member

Monday™

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@LittleCreek said: That's why I have not advertised here in a while. Been waiting to the new bandwidth provider. Hopefully will be ready next week.

Will current clients be moved to the new provider?
    If so, how fast?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/179565/little-creek-hosting-bandwidth-upgrade/p1

"In order to upgrade, ip's will need to change so no not immediately and will be by request. After I have taken care of the ones who truly need the upgrade and request it then I will focus on the rest."

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@LittleCreek said: After I have taken care of the ones who truly need the upgrade and request it then I will focus on the rest.

What are the requirement, or how do you sort who truly needs the upgrade?

@Arkas said:

@LittleCreek said: After I have taken care of the ones who truly need the upgrade and request it then I will focus on the rest.

What are the requirement, or how do you sort who truly needs the upgrade?

Customers will tell me or I will see who is using the most bandwidth.

• zuanerzuaner Member

Does it have DDOS protection?

No DDOS protection.

Also the plans on this thread are now going to be retired. New plans coming out soon.

Thanked by 1sangatsetia
  • @LittleCreek said:
    No DDOS protection.

Also the plans on this thread are now going to be retired. New plans coming out soon.

Bring exciting pricetag ryzen🚀 plan😉

• zuanerzuaner Member

@LittleCreek said:
    No DDOS protection.

well, can you tell me when it's going to be released?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I've had the account for almost a year. Should I renew it? There's little point in having it If I can't use it because it's too slow.
    @LittleCreek

• add_iTadd_iT Member

@LittleCreek said:
    No DDOS protection.

Same price with better deal?

• pavanpavan Member

any chance of getting a directadmin license with one of these ??

I am waiting on Cogent to delegate reverse dns to me before releasing new plans.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@LittleCreek said: I am waiting on Cogent to delegate reverse dns to me before releasing new plans.

Should I renew the plan I've had for almost a year (month to month) or cancel it to go for a new offer?

@Arkas said:

@LittleCreek said: I am waiting on Cogent to delegate reverse dns to me before releasing new plans.

Should I renew the plan I've had for almost a year (month to month) or cancel it to go for a new offer?

I don't know what you have now so I don't know how to compare.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited July 2022

@LittleCreek said: I don't know what you have now so I don't know how to compare.

I have the 4c/4GB from the offer in this thread.
    Thanks.
    Opened a support ticket :smile: