Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί Starting at $3.50 | KVM | Virtualizor| NVME | 24/7 Support - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Starting at $3.50 | KVM | Virtualizor| NVME | 24/7 Support

Comments

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited January 2022

@webcraft said:

@dev_vps said:
    My point is that not even 50% usage of monthly offered bandwidth is permitted.
    @LittleCreek - correct me, if I am wrong

If you talk about constant usage yes, but one time spikes to your hard limit should be ok if I understand @LittleCreek correctly.

And you see nothing wrong with provider not supporting 50% of bandwidth advertised on consistent basis,

Do you know any other provider on LET who does that?

This is misleading advertising to say the least. And I wont be surprised if this is against the state law (North Carolina).

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited January 2022

@dev_vps said:

@webcraft said:

@dev_vps said:
    My point is that not even 50% usage of monthly offered bandwidth is permitted.
    @LittleCreek - correct me, if I am wrong

If you talk about constant usage yes, but one time spikes to your hard limit should be ok if I understand @LittleCreek correctly.

And you see nothing wrong with provider not supporting 50% of bandwidth advertised on consistent basis,

Do you know any other provider on LET who does that?

This is misleading advertising to say the least. And I wont be surprised if this is against the state law (North Carolina).

In general I don't like if I don't get what promised but this (not particularly this provider but this place) is the lowest end so I'm a bit lenient. Additionally, I don't need that much bandwidth at all, so I don't really care.
    And yes, I know a couple providers here at LET who handle it in a similar way but I'm not going to spam this thread with their names. Just have a look at other providers AUP, who aren't part of CC.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • Nice drama

Thanked by 2pan_ia0_net szarka
  • edited January 2022

Wait. So you give me an offer for 4TB/month, but if I'm using that much - you will tell me to go to CC and close my account? πŸ˜‚
    What kind of a dumbassery is that? If you can't afford having people using the amount that you explicitly say its permitted in the offer - then do not advertise that. Easy.
    Provide people with 1TB/m and they will know what to expect.

But these "oh but I said it on LET that you can't use the full bandwidth advertised" excuses are pure shit, which should result in tag being removed, at the very least.

• @NobodyInteresting said:
    Wait. So you give me an offer for 4TB/month, but if I'm using that much - you will tell me to go to CC and close my account? πŸ˜‚
    What kind of a dumbassery is that? If you can't afford having people using the amount that you explicitly say its permitted in the offer - then do not advertise that. Easy.

But these "oh but I said it on LET that you can't use the full bandwidth advertised" excuses are pure shit, which should result in tag being removed, at the very least.

This isn't the exact summary of our discussion, virtualizor will show 4TB/m. You should just tread the server as 100MBit/s box with burst networking, judging from:

@LittleCreek said:
    No because what I am paying for is 100 mbps. Anything over that is a big over charge for me.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @webcraft said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

This isn't the exact summary of our discussion, virtualizor will show 4TB/m. You should just tread the server as 100MBit/s box with burst networking, judging from:

@LittleCreek said:
    No because what I am paying for is 100 mbps. Anything over that is a big over charge for me.

What the provider is paying for doesn't matter to me, as a customer. What matters to me is to be able to use the full resources, that I have paid for.

If he can't provide us with 4TB/m, even on 100Mbps - that that is the definition of false advertisement. If I paid for 4TB/m - I expect to be able to use that. End of story.

Thanked by 2pan_ia0_net adly
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited January 2022

@webcraft said:

In general I don't like if I don't get what promised but this (not particularly this provider but this place) is the lowest end so I'm a bit lenient.

Are we discussing a single individual β€œleniency” here? Do advertising rules apply differently if you are lenient with the provider?

@webcraft said:

Additionally, I don't need that much bandwidth at all, so I don't really care.

Exactly.
    Bandwidth should be advertised same what provider can support. Then customers know what to expect and no issues.

• @webcraft said:

Kindly go back and read your comments.

We are discussing whether it is ok to advertise bandwidth by provider that he can NOT support. Here, he can not even support 50% of the advertised bandwidth.

This is misleading advertising by the provider

• @LittleCreek said:

LET KVM-1 Double $3.50 Order Here Now

Virtuozzo KVM
    CPU Core: 4
    RAM: 4 GB
    NVMe: 80GB
    Bandwidth: 2 TB/Month
    $3.50/month
    Order Here Now

@LittleCreek
    Can I order this VPS? I need 250GB data bandwidth every week. That makes it much less than 2 TB you have advertised.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

good performance cpu wise but i got throttled for running yabs too many times

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited January 2022

From the TOS
    https://www.littlecreekhosting.com/terms-and-conditions/
    β€œLittle Creek Solutions reserves the right to terminate the Agreement or deny services at any time with or without notice and without liability.”

@LittleCreek
    This is just perfect business model. If any customer uses more than 10% of bandwidth allocated, just terminate the service.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

If I can get 250 more clients I can increase to 500 mbps sustained with 1 gbps bursts. I am trying to get there so this will not be an issue.

Thanked by 2webcraft pan_ia0_net
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Surprises me to see that sooooo many people didn't think that BW overselling exists.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @LittleCreek said:

@dev_vps said:

@LittleCreek said:

The 1 Gbps port is for short bursts only. If you need sustained high bandwidth then this service is not for you.

Do you even allow 10% of that (100 Mbps) sustained?

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
    As a provider, your 100 mbps data rate is a big bottleneck.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @LittleCreek said:
    If I can get 250 more clients I can increase to 500 mbps sustained with 1 gbps bursts. I am trying to get there so this will not be an issue.

Respect for being honest and transparent.
    Best wishes to you for higher heights of success.

Thanked by 2webcraft pan_ia0_net
  • there's no shame in reverting to 100mbps where it is allowed to consume advertised bw without being throttled to 5mbps

• @LittleCreek said:

Until that happens, please consider the limiting the monthly bandwidth to 1 TB. This will help in setting expectations correct for limited bandwidth.

Unless, you want to keep as a marketing tool to attract customers and throw out customers who try to use even 10 percent of allocated bandwidth.

• @skorupion said:
    Surprises me to see that sooooo many people didn't think that BW overselling exists.

Here, the scenario is that provider is having 100mbos connection effectively, but selling VM with 1 gig port.

The bandwidth limitation will be exposed if 10 customers try to use 200gb in one day each.

This is false marketing.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @dev_vps said:

@LittleCreek said:

Virtuozzo KVM
    $3.50/month
    Order Here Now

@LittleCreek
    Can I order this VPS? I need 250GB data bandwidth every week. That makes it much less than 2 TB you have advertised.

Can I place the order?
    @LittleCreek

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @dev_vps said:

@dev_vps said:

@LittleCreek said:

Virtuozzo KVM
    $3.50/month
    Order Here Now

@LittleCreek

Can I place the order?
    @LittleCreek

Don't. The moment you download an iso of Titanic - the provider will sink πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@dev_vps said:

@skorupion said:

Here, the scenario is that provider is having 100mbos connection effectively, but selling VM with 1 gig port.

The bandwidth limitation will be exposed if 10 customers try to use 200gb in one day each.

This is false marketing.

Oh buddy belive me aty least 70% of LET hosts oversell bandwidth, as most people will use max 50GB

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@dev_vps said:

This is false marketing.

Wow, you're annoying.

This is not "false marketing", @LittleCreek is just transparent about his agreement with his data center.

If you sign a colo contract with a DC (or with a transit network), in most cases you won't get a "1 Gbps port with 5 TB/mo" but a "1 Gbps port with 100/500/whatever Mbps avg" which means that you can burst to 1 Gbps whenever you need but you have to keep your average usage close to 100 Mbps, for example.

That's why he stated:

@LittleCreek said: The 1 Gbps port is for short bursts only. If you need sustained high bandwidth then this service is not for you.

And that's what almost all providers which colo their own equipment do. And pretty much all of them will limit your port or show you the door if you push more traffic than what is considered "normal usage".

• edited January 2022

@brueggus said:

@dev_vps said:

This is false marketing.

Wow, you're annoying.

This is not "false marketing", @LittleCreek is just transparent about his agreement with his data center.

If you sign a colo contract with a DC (or with a transit network), in most cases you won't get a "1 Gbps port with 5 TB/mo" but a "1 Gbps port with 100/500/whatever Mbps avg" which means that you can burst to 1 Gbps whenever you need but you have to keep your average usage close to 100 Mbps, for example.

That's why he stated:

@LittleCreek said: The 1 Gbps port is for short bursts only. If you need sustained high bandwidth then this service is not for you.

And that's what almost all providers which colo their own equipment do. And pretty much all of them will limit your port or show you the door if you push more traffic than what is considered "normal usage".

Thats not the reason for him and me complaining though.
    The reason is that if one gets a VPS with a 4TB bandwidth allotment - one expects to be able to use that much bandwidth. We are not talking about port speed here. Normal usage would be 4TB/m, be it on 100Mbps port or 1Gbps port. Any usage above that 4TB - yes, by all means, boot it is.
    But if one uses 3TB/m out of the 4TB that one pays for, yet still gets a kick - then thats a straight up scam in my book.

If the provider is bandwidth restricted - then the provider needs to adjust the bandwidth provided. Don't advertise 4TB/m plan if you can not deliver that.

Thanked by 3pan_ia0_net ralf adly
  • Try using 200GB in one day and port will be limited to 5 mbps.

My question is simply this -
    Why are you advertising for 4 TB / month, if you can not even tolerate 200GB data usage on one day.

Thanked by 3pan_ia0_net ralf adly
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited January 2022

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dev_vps said:

@dev_vps said:

@LittleCreek said:

Virtuozzo KVM
    $3.50/month
    Order Here Now

@LittleCreek

Can I place the order?
    @LittleCreek

Don't. The moment you download an iso of Titanic - the provider will sink πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

All I am asking for 250gb data per week and total silence from provider has exposed his bandwidth limitation.

And I am ok with VPS data port limited to 50 mbps.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @dev_vps said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dev_vps said:

@dev_vps said:

@LittleCreek said:

Virtuozzo KVM
    $3.50/month
    Order Here Now

@LittleCreek

Can I place the order?
    @LittleCreek

All I am asking for 250gb data per week and total silence from provider has exposed his bandwidth limitation.

And I am ok with VPS data port limited to 50 mbps.

He's probably ignoring you because he doesn't want you as customer maybe (I wouldn't want you as one either). Accept it and move on if you need lots of bandwidth. No matter how much included bandwidth stated in the offer, this one isn't for bandwidth intensive tasks. Several people told you this now, hence this discussion is annoying.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited January 2022

@webcraft said:

No matter how much included bandwidth stated in the offer, this one isn't for bandwidth intensive tasks.

Read your statement again. This is called misleading and false marketing.

And, why are you responding on his behalf?
    All he has to say is NO or YES.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

I will make it more clear next time.

The best price I have found so far for a 1 gbps is $2/mbps. So if you need sustained 10 mbps the costs associated with just the bandwidth is $20/month. If somebody knows of a better price please let me know.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited January 2022

@LittleCreek said:

The best price I have found so far for a 1 gbps is $2/mbps. So if you need sustained 10 mbps the costs associated with just the bandwidth is $20/month. If somebody knows of a better price please let me know.

Then why are you advertising with 4 TB per month if you can not support it? Change it to 512 GB per month so that it accurately sets expectations for the customers.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @dev_vps said:

@LittleCreek said:

Then why are you advertising with 4 TB per month if you can not support it? Change it to 512 GB per month so that it accurately sets expectations for the customers.

Saying "512GB average and up to 4tb burst" will make it correct as per your understanding but for the majority of customers this will likely just cause confusion and those who would be effected will continue maxing out the burst every month so the effectiveness of it is actually nothing.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net