Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

200 USD looking for a KS-LE - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

200 USD looking for a KS-LE

Comments

• @KuKluxKlab said:
    Quite the circus. If I didn't look back and look through @Pappeske's profile, I would've thought it was just two people trying to play LET for fools for some odd reason. I'm not sure what there would be to gain by telling other people you were scammed for $200 over a Kimsufi server, and frankly, I don't know how innocent you would be for that level of naivety anyway.

Laugh if you want. Hope there is no need to migrate servers from others in this life

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2021

@KuKluxKlab said:
    Quite the circus. If I didn't look back and look through @Pappeske's profile, I would've thought it was just two people trying to play LET for fools for some odd reason. I'm not sure what there would be to gain by telling other people you were scammed for $200 over a Kimsufi server, and frankly, I don't know how innocent you would be for that level of naivety anyway.

There are a diverse range of people who navigate this site. Saying the OP is naive is an easy way of ignoring the problem that a scam just happened here.

Shit happens. There's a wide range of people here with varying levels of bullshit detection. Best we can do is keep people educated and inform them of these potential risks instead of hitting them over the head and saying they deserved it. That's the easy way out.

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@KuKluxKlab said:

There are a diverse range of people who navigate this site. Saying the OP is naive is an easy way of ignoring the problem that a scam just happened here.

Shit happens. There's a wide range of people here with varying levels of bullshit detection. Best we can do is keep people educated and inform them of these potential risks instead of hitting them over the head and saying they deserved it. That's the easy way out.

Well said. The while MJJ thing gets old after a while. Everyone just wants to rip the guy a new one for no reason.

Thanked by 1bakageta
  • i have no idea what is MJJ

i am not kidding around

is it some guy both from virmach and resold .. anyway

Thanked by 1tux
  • @HalfEatenPie said:

@KuKluxKlab said:

Diverse is a very nice way of putting it.

• AstroAstro Member
    edited December 2021

@doulala whats the update?

• @BarkingIron said:

He said he wouldn't reply to me, so he really didn't reply to me, and paypal didn't respond either

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @doulala said:

@BarkingIron said:

He said he wouldn't reply to me, so he really didn't reply to me, and paypal didn't respond either

PayPal will. Send them these screenshots.

• Holy shit. I'm very sorry that happened to you, man. You have to be careful. There are a lot of unscrupulous people out there without any scruples.

Stay hopeful. PayPal ought to be able to help. PayPal won't ignore you. They will reply. It may take a while. But as long as the issue is open, they will respond.

• Sounds like PayPal is waiting on his reply and he's dragging it out, just have to be patient and go through the process now. Lots of scammers drag it out so they have time to get cash in hand, but PayPal will make it right for you even if they can't get the money back immediately.

• I don't have good feelings towards Paypal but yes, they do provide some protection.
    For my part, I just had a very smooth transaction experience with another user on this site.
    The bad news is that Kimsufi transfers are no longer allowed; let's hope this is not permanent.

• Sounds like a made-up story. Some people crave for attention.

• @Shot2 said:
    Sounds like a made-up story. Some people crave for attention.

What does getting attention do? You're talking weird. Read it as a story if you think it's a story

• @Shot2 said:
    Sounds like a made-up story. Some people crave for attention.

It's not. I reached out to the other guy to get it. He asked for payment from me as well without YABS which is why our deal fell through. I wonder if @doulala paid while i was discussing with the other guy which would mean he would get money from both of us.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited December 2021

@BarkingIron said:
    It's not. I reached out to the other guy to get it. He asked for payment from me as well without YABS which is why our deal fell through. I wonder if @doulala paid while i was discussing with the other guy which would mean he would get money from both of us.

OK, my point was from sheer incredulity.
    Still can't figure why anyone would pay $200 to grab such an "average" (let's stay polite) dedi. Looks slightly asinine considering the specs and level of service that comes with it. Without condoning the whole stuff, I'd commend the seller for managing to get fish with such a terrible bait.

@angstrom said:
    Indeed, anyone who is ready to sell, be sure to get the money first because the OP is a completely unknown variable.

Good advice: the seller got the money first. Now the seller also has to get the server to resell. Logical.

• @doulala I'd recommend to please call Paypal's customer support. Please talk with Paypal verbally on this.

• @doulala call PayPal or get the address from the fucking guy. And talk face to face

Thanked by 1dosai
  • @HalfEatenPie said:
    @doulala I'd recommend to please call Paypal's customer support. Please talk with Paypal verbally on this.

If the payment was sent to a business, he has protection. But if he sent the money as friends and family to avoid fees, then I believe he's fucked.

• @Pappeske hasn't responded here lol

• What's the update

• @BarkingIron said:
    What's the update

They both stopped logging in to LET.
    Weird.

• @AXYZE said:

@BarkingIron said:
    What's the update

Weird.

maybe they got married and moved to France.

• bshbsh Member

@ehab said:

@AXYZE said:

@BarkingIron said:
    What's the update

Weird.

They quitted on the same day (Dec 27th)

• @TimboJones said: But if he sent the money as friends and family

Please only use this for people who are actually friends or family members that you trust. It's not worth the risk in other cases.

Thanked by 2Erisa lucienfc
  • @bsh said:

@ehab said:

@AXYZE said:

@BarkingIron said:
    What's the update

Weird.

They quitted on the same day (Dec 27th)

May be another drama?

• @AXYZE said:

@BarkingIron said:
    What's the update

Weird.

A little odd, yes, but nevertheless, it seemed like an unrehearsed Interaction to me.

@doulala (= the OP) was a new reg and was unlikely to stay around, especially after his naive and embarrassing mistep.

@Pappeske , who by all signs was the bad guy in this interaction, was probably surprised that he wasn't banned but nonetheless decided that he needed a new identity after this incident in order to appear socially acceptable.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2022

Pappeske is a discord ddos kid, Ive seen this nickname in 100up hosting chat before.

Also, he joined 2021 september. This is the best and the only way to scam people here.

Register 3 months prior. Comment to a few threads and make one thread yourself. then silently wait until someone wants to do a huge purchase trade.

Easiest 200 USD ever.

Nice exist scam @Pappeske . OP seems to be from china or similar area and naïve as fuck.

To everyone else, never, ever go first in a trade unless you want to be at mercy of the opposite party.

@jbiloh can you check the scammer for other accounts?

PS: OVH Account trading is against their terms of service, and they do not seemingly even transfer Kimsufi servers or special-LE servers between accounts, let alone combination of them.

Thanked by 2AXYZE bulbasaur
  • @stefeman said:
    Pappeske is a discord ddos kid, Ive seen this nickname in 100up hosting chat before.

Also, he joined 2021 september. This is the best and the only way to scam people here.

Register 3 months prior. Comment to a few threads and make one thread yourself. then silently wait until someone wants to do a huge purchase trade.

Easiest 200 USD ever.

Nice exist scam @Pappeske . OP seems to be from china or similar area and naïve as fuck.

To everyone else, never, ever go first in a trade unless you want to be at mercy of the opposite party.

@jbiloh can you check the scammer for other accounts?

PS: OVH Account trading is against their terms of service, and they do not seemingly even transfer Kimsufi servers or special-LE servers between accounts, let alone combination of them.

I hope Paypal helped him out

• I think, considering how there are limits related to monthly pricing for what providers can advertise here, same should apply to such transfer offers.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • pbxpbx Member
    edited January 2022

@angstrom said: unlikely to stay around, especially after his naive and embarrassing mistep.

That would be SAD. We come here for our daily dose of DRAMA, this one did seem like the real deal and it would be already OVER?

@doulala: please keep us updated! We hope that you'll be able to recover your funds.