Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

200 USD looking for a KS-LE - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

200 USD looking for a KS-LE

Comments

• @doulala said:

are you able to get your money back? for example call your card company or paypal etc ..

what ever the outcome, i hope it works out for you. Not every one is shit, just next time always wait a bit longer and ask how to do such trades.

good luck and don't let this rune your holidays.

maybe now is the time to ping one of the mods for advise.

• @ehab said:

@doulala said:

are you able to get your money back? for example call your card company or paypal etc ..

what ever the outcome, i hope it works out for you. Not every one is shit, just next time always wait a bit longer and ask how to do such trades.

Thanks, I think I can get the money back through paypal, but I'm more curious about the seller's mindset to play with me like this

• @doulala said:

@ehab said:

@doulala said:

Thanks, I think I can get the money back through paypal, but I'm more curious about the seller's mindset to play with me like this

I am actually curious about your mindset! Seriously, to pay someone without proof... I understand the urge to not miss out on good deal.

I sincerely hope you get what you paid for.

• @plumberg said:

@doulala said:

@ehab said:

@doulala said:

I am actually curious about your mindset! Seriously, to pay someone without proof... I understand the urge to not miss out on good deal.

TnTTMR.jpg

• @doulala said:

@plumberg said:

@doulala said:

@ehab said:

@doulala said:

TnTTMR.jpg

You still paid without proof???? This is a red flag

• @doulala said: I have to choose to trust the other person

Well no, if the other person doesn't seem trustworthy (i.e. you see no tracks of similar transaction with trusted members of the forum) just don't send 200$ to that person! For small transactions you might take the risk, for such a big sum... it's very, very risky. That's why I thought that it was a joke.

I hope you used a way that lets you get your money back if the seller doesn't deliver (paypal "buy a service" for example).

Good luck!

• This is why escrow is important.

Or at least get the seller to prove they have the server.

• @doulala said:

@plumberg said:

@doulala said:

@ehab said:

@doulala said:

TnTTMR.jpg

Good luck man, one of these two things happened:
    1. He's taking your $200 to buy the server off someone else for a cheaper price and making a profit flipping servers.
    2. He's gone.

• @smallbibi said:

@doulala said:

@plumberg said:

@doulala said:

@ehab said:

@doulala said:

TnTTMR.jpg

Good luck man, one of these two things happened:
    1. He's taking your $200 to buy the server off someone else for a cheaper price and making a profit flipping servers.
    2. He's gone.

Actually it should be 200 euros

• @doulala said:

@Smith42 said:
    No offense its kind of dumb spending that much money for a server that is basically considered a "happy mistake" by OVH, which can get fixed at any time. You have failed drives, they're going to replace them with 2x2TB. Your server's switch goes bust, when they replace and/or reset the switch, your server is going to go back to 1Gbit down 100mbit up.

Just get an OVH VPS...

Thanks for telling me this, this has happened before, right? If that's the case, then what I'm doing now really doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure if it has happened but it's a very real possibility however unlikely.

Does OVH have a bad reputation?

No. But Kimsufi is very much their low-budget line so you should set expectations accordingly (old kit, etc.). FWIW: for my use of their services I've found them to be excellent value, one hardware issue that was very quickly resolved, occasional network slowness but nothing serious, otherwise everything works smoothly and I get what I pay for (i.e. everything promised in the initial sale), and when I finally get around to rearranging my infrastructure (something that has been planned but not done for too many months!) I may move some stuff from elsewhere to one of the new range's 3x2T or 4x2T offerings.

The 1git speed is an accident, these machines were supposed be limited to 100mbit. They are unlikely to arbitrarily take the accidental bonus away from you, if they were going to it would have already happened, but if they need to rearrange networking or such (replacing failed/EOL switches, significant firmware or other config updates on the switches, physically moving the machines due to rack/power issues, ...) there is no reason to expect they'll go to any effort so that you keep the free unplanned extra, so you might lose it at some point in future.

Can the hardware delivered be altered too?

Sometimes you end up getting more due to the availability of parts, though if you get less you should be able to walk away with full refund (or negotiate a reduction). The KS1 used to be quoted as ½Tb with a lower Atom chip, but some people got 1Tb or the better CPU (I got the latter, and when the drive failed a 2Tb replaced it). Now the KS1 line is sold as 1Tb+N2800 so presumably the older parts have run out and/or are being completely retired.

Though in the case of this thread the server already exists (you are looking for a transfer) so initial delivery isn't an issue and I doubt they'd downgrade you if a replacement drive was needed.

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • As I have been sleeping, after 24 hours working, i May respond now... first off all, there have not passed 48 hours. Secound, i offered him a refund already before i went to bed last night.

• @doulala said:
    I am looking for KS-LE 8THDD 1GB/s upstream and downstream and for that I am willing to take him for $200 if someone is willing to give it up. Please PM me if it's worth it

For that price I can get you mine SYS-1-SAT-32 8THDD 1GB/s upstream and downstream in Canada

• @Pappeske said:
    As I have been sleeping, after 24 hours working, i May respond now... first off all, there have not passed 48 hours. Secound, i offered him a refund already before i went to bed last night.

just refund him now.

• @SpeedTest said:

@doulala said:
    I am looking for KS-LE 8THDD 1GB/s upstream and downstream and for that I am willing to take him for $200 if someone is willing to give it up. Please PM me if it's worth it

For that price I can get you mine SYS-1-SAT-32 8THDD 1GB/s upstream and downstream in Canada

Thanks, sys I already own a 16T machine
    I'm looking for another ks-le

• @Pappeske said:
    As I have been sleeping, after 24 hours working, i May respond now... first off all, there have not passed 48 hours. Secound, i offered him a refund already before i went to bed last night.

if you have the machine then please post the yabs script score and complete this transaction, if you don't have the machine then please refund. I don't want to waste everyone's time again

• @MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@doulala said:

@Smith42 said:
    No offense its kind of dumb spending that much money for a server that is basically considered a "happy mistake" by OVH, which can get fixed at any time. You have failed drives, they're going to replace them with 2x2TB. Your server's switch goes bust, when they replace and/or reset the switch, your server is going to go back to 1Gbit down 100mbit up.

Just get an OVH VPS...

Thanks for telling me this, this has happened before, right? If that's the case, then what I'm doing now really doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure if it has happened but it's a very real possibility however unlikely.

Does OVH have a bad reputation?

No. But Kimsufi is very much their low-budget line so you should set expectations accordingly (old kit, etc.). FWIW: for my use of their services I've found them to be excellent value, one hardware issue that was very quickly resolved, occasional network slowness but nothing serious, otherwise everything works smoothly and I get what I pay for (i.e. everything promised in the initial sale), and when I finally get around to rearranging my infrastructure (something that has been planned but not done for too many months!) I may move some stuff from elsewhere to one of the new range's 3x2T or 4x2T offerings.

The 1git speed is an accident, these machines were supposed be limited to 100mbit. They are unlikely to arbitrarily take the accidental bonus away from you, if they were going to it would have already happened, but if they need to rearrange networking or such (replacing failed/EOL switches, significant firmware or other config updates on the switches, physically moving the machines due to rack/power issues, ...) there is no reason to expect they'll go to any effort so that you keep the free unplanned extra, so you might lose it at some point in future.

Can the hardware delivered be altered too?

Sometimes you end up getting more due to the availability of parts, though if you get less you should be able to walk away with full refund (or negotiate a reduction). The KS1 used to be quoted as ½Tb with a lower Atom chip, but some people got 1Tb or the better CPU (I got the latter, and when the drive failed a 2Tb replaced it). Now the KS1 line is sold as 1Tb+N2800 so presumably the older parts have run out and/or are being completely retired.

Though in the case of this thread the server already exists (you are looking for a transfer) so initial delivery isn't an issue and I doubt they'd downgrade you if a replacement drive was needed.

Thank you for your answer, although there is a possibility that it will be changed to the standard configuration, but I still want to bet

• @doulala

So what was the final outcome? Did you get the server in the end? Or did @Pappeske refund you?

• @angstrom said:

i feel dooda is making money and the $200 lesson didn't burn his soul.

lets see if he still cries or already recovered.

• @angstrom said:
    @doulala

So what was the final outcome? Did you get the server in the end? Or did @Pappeske refund you?

Didn't get the machine and didn't get the money back

• @doulala said:

@angstrom said:
    @doulala

sad

• @henix said:

@doulala said:

@angstrom said:
    @doulala

sad

TQkcQJ.jpg

• @doulala said:

@henix said:

@doulala said:

@angstrom said:
    @doulala

sad

TQkcQJ.jpg

I wouldnt drop the dispute

Thanked by 2kkrajk Logano
  • do not drop the chargeback

• Don't drop the chargeback

• did you drop the chargeback?

• Yeah as others have said dropping the chargeback would make it difficult to get your money back if he decided not to give you the server. Would have been happy to sell one of mine for that cost :| as I currently have 2.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • Nice scam @Pappeske

• @iKeyZ I'll give you $100

@doulala I have a server for you for $200

;)

Thanked by 2iKeyZ kkrajk
  • @doulala said:

I strongly recommend you do not drop the dispute. You have no reason to believe this person is acting in good conscience (in fact you have a chunk of evidence to the contrary) and will properly refund you once the chargeback is cancelled.

If it takes a while to get your money back that way, and/or there is some processing fee that means you lose a bit of it, take this as a lesson learned. Don't let them get away with crappy behaviour scot-free, let the charge-back be on their record for as long as they hang around. Maybe they'll learn a lesson. Probably not, but people getting away with crappy behaviour with no long-term consequence just encourages more crappy behaviour to happen.