Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the advantages of using a Windows VPS? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are the advantages of using a Windows VPS?

Comments

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@rcy026 said: your opinion is actually totally irrelevant.

This laptop has Win10 'squeezed' on it.
    Servers probably had NT/Win200x (or whatever the equivalent server version was) on them. I had to work with the disparities of AD/domain authentication across LAN/WAN, software delivery, asset management and other enterprise level activities. Plus still supporting end lusers with faulty mice/keyboards and other "trivia".

/end comments

So, you replaced AD/domain with Linux and worked better, right?

Tl;Dr Linux in enterprise was a fucking laugh back then and likely still is.

• @jsg said:
    @rcy026

Probably you'll tell me to shut up too but sorry, the major difference I noted with the Windows versions is that one always needed yet more resources. But of course there were also invaluable new features (/sarcasm) like 3D effects and the "glass" thing. Immensely valuable when all one wants is to look at some text sent by a clueless moron in Word format or to play some game. Which leads me to yet another reason to love Windows: I've lost some games (the capability to play them) with each new Windows version.
    In fact the version I like most is XP because of its relatively modest demands of resources and the fact that most of my (not too many) older games run on it.
    But I also loved the UAV (I think that's what it's called) screens popping up frequently and insisting on a click because sakkurity farce.
    But what I love most is that while Unix boringly needs configuration done only - and in a universally easy plain text format - to actually get things done while wonderful Windows needs tons of clickedy-click "configuration" tinkering and jumping through funny hoops just for itself.

OS/2 was a nice hint of what was possible. Windows is a hint of how to totally ruin it and how to make a pile of crap out of it.

Windows? I prefer a session at the dentist.

The UAC prompts happen at the start of installation when admin permissions needed, same as Linux. Since it literally can prevent malware, you're misinformed, but that's par for the course for you. The xkcd cartoon about needing sudo to install pointless driver but nothing to stop /home access where actual important files are is pretty funny.

I'm super curious how you sudo in freebsd and constantly entering in passwords. One afternoon with Ubuntu is worse than a year of Windows for prompting for mother fucking password I literally entered 10 seconds prior.

When people are familiar with all the tools and all the pros and cons, they're super useful. When someone goes on about one OS, it just shows inexperience and incompetence.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited December 2021

@KermEd said:

@rcy026 said:
    I hate to have to point it out, but 13 years is fuckin forever in IT. If you have no experience with Windows in the past 13 years, your opinion is actually totally irrelevant.

Pointing it out doesn't make it right :D.

If you don't think 13 years is fucking forever in IT, you seriously do not belong in this conversation and should immediately STFU.

Your experience is with managed workstations - not servers. You even expressed how you need to constantly work to keep them backedup and updated (something a 1 month certificate could teach you to do better). And much of modern windows is STILL built on core NT infrastructure - heck key programs from W2000 are still in Win11 today. So saying totally irrelevant is ... Well a totally ignorant statement.

Certificate? It's the training/class/program, not the piece of paper. Duh. Sigh

Perhaps you were lost in translation, but he said he had no issues to keep them regularly updated. Not sure how you misread that and made regularly backing up sound like a bad thing. You sound like what a nightmare admin would say.

Also, you think his organization doesn't have or manage servers? Jesus Christ, your logical processing unit is on the fritz.

Moreover any IT person worth their salt knows all this - and this is how we all know you are a wee baby child playing on the internet. Now go make your mama some waffles and let the adults talk IT for a bit :)

LoL. We know your type. But now you need to tell us your obsession with waffles and mamas. You've entered creepy territory. Deep psychological issues with your mom for sure. Anyone talking about other people's mother's so often is a certified piece of shit. Most people realize that by they're 12 and grow the fuck up.

Not sure why you'd bring up that 20 year programs still work as a problem. Having to change your program for no particular reason regularly is insane.
    Microsoft went through great lengths to make sure popular software continued to work, so much so they left/kept bugs the softwares used so they'd continued to work. It's almost as if you didn't know that's the point or why there's posix and the same is desired for Unix programs as well. Making such a statement means you're clearly not made for enterprises. Adults in the room? You couldn't even set up a VPN for your company. You have no credibility, skills, insight or particular usefulness.

Thanked by 1rcy026
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2021

@TimboJones said:
    But now you need to tell us your obsession with waffles and mamas.

I’m cutting to what is the only relevant part of your post. Waffles and chicken are a good way to make someone happy (endorphins) and fatten them up a little bit - it helps keep everything warmer at night. It’s a lot like yellow snow though, if you see a soggy waffle on a pillow - leave it where it is.

@TimboJones said:
    You couldn't even set up a VPN for your company.

I wanted to give you something to reply to - wrong again. It happens to you a lot, but that’s OK. I asked a VPN provider to consider adding Proxy service - that’s it. The rest of that conversation happened only in your little head - :). You got a little pissy when you replied 8 or so times trying to troubleshoot something you imagined although I suspect in some weird way it was you trying to be nice. Anyway, it is OK, enjoy the voices, lean into it - they may take you somewhere interesting.

• serversupportzserversupportz Member, Host Rep

@Arkas said:
    I've never used one before, all my VPSs and dedis run linux, but I see some providers offering Windows VPS. My most obvious question is that of security. How secure are they? I assume one advantage might be running .NET frameworks on them, but what else?

Linux is developed by a community rather than an organization, getting technical support is difficult. If you have a problem with the OS or if you’re struggling with a particular task, you can use only a forum to ask fellow users and developers for help.

edited December 2021

@KermEd said:

@TimboJones said:
    But now you need to tell us your obsession with waffles and mamas.

I’m cutting to what is the only relevant part of your post. Waffles and chicken are a good way to make someone happy (endorphins) and fatten them up a little bit - it helps keep everything warmer at night. It’s a lot like yellow snow though, if you see a soggy waffle on a pillow - leave it where it is.

@TimboJones said:
    You couldn't even set up a VPN for your company.

I wanted to give you something to reply to - wrong again. It happens to you a lot, but that’s OK. I asked a VPN provider to consider adding Proxy service - that’s it. The rest of that conversation happened only in your little head - :). It’s OK, enjoy the voices, they may take you somewhere interesting.

You mean where you said how your game developers used several VPN's so they come from several different IPS that need to be whitelisted? Yeah, I guess what you wrote was only in my head.

If i was mistaken, you'd say something without butthurt like, "you misunderstood, I did setup a VPN for them" or "it wasn't necessary because they just use the existing VPN since our company is spread out and they already use a VPN to access company resources securely". Or even, "it's so cheap it's not worth the admin hassle to roll my own".

I think you need to seek professional help if you can't remember saying something like a week ago that can still be read by you and you think other people are hearing voices. That last part is probably telling about your mental state.

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2021

@TimboJones said:
    You mean where you said how your game developers used several VPN's so they come from several different IPS that need to be whitelisted?

Nope, as I told you then... and again… and again, your understanding was (and is) incorrect. If mental state is important to you - you may want to consider your ability to retain knowledge here my friend :D. But by all means, let’s invent another 8 posts on a phantom network problem. Your welcome to spend as much time replying to me as you like. Would it help if I made up a problem for you to troubleshoot this time? This way, you wouldn’t have to invent the entire situation yourself :D

• CheepCluckCheepCluck Member
    edited December 2021

@serversupportz said:
    Linux is developed by a community rather than an organization, getting >technical support is difficult. If you have a problem with the OS or if >you’re struggling with a particular task, you can use only a forum to ask >fellow users and developers for help.

just run sfc /scannow and ask for bob and vegines 69 times.

edited December 2021

@serversupportz said:

@Arkas said:
    I've never used one before, all my VPSs and dedis run linux, but I see some providers offering Windows VPS. My most obvious question is that of security. How secure are they? I assume one advantage might be running .NET frameworks on them, but what else?

Linux is developed by a community rather than an organization, getting technical support is difficult. If you have a problem with the OS or if you’re struggling with a particular task, you can use only a forum to ask fellow users and developers for help.

You pay Red Hat. They have excellent support and developers who know what they're doing (for the most part). But it costs money.

You can also give money to canonical and pretty much any OS for money. Did you mean for free or paid?

But I'd say a problem with Linux is who do you deal with? The kernel devs or the OS developers? Who is responsible for the fix? Who will test and support the fix? When will it trickle down into OS release?

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited December 2021

@edoarudo5 said:
    RDP. Tried remote desktop on Linux and whatever client I use, it's not the same seamless experience as I have with RDP. For desktop use, nothing beats Windows in my opinion. All my Plex servers and seedboxes use Windows Server because I just like right-clicking all over the place copy pasting and clicking next next next finish, LOL. It's simple and it gets the job done.

100% agree that Windows is the best desktop experience.

Another thing I hate is how Linux makes you enter your password to do literally anything. Linux fans are always talking about how Windows is so restrictive, and with Linux you can do literally anything you want, but then they start crying if you say you want to log in as root

"YoU cAnT Do ThAT iTS nOt SaFe"

Even if you override that and log in as root, some apps like Chrome won't work and others will constantly bother you telling you you're logged in as root.

So much for freedom.

For stuff like webservers I like Linux because of the low resource usage, and the fact you can log in as root without any issues.

Thanked by 1edoarudo5
    edited December 2021

@KermEd said:

@TimboJones said:
    You mean where you said how your game developers used several VPN's so they come from several different IPS that need to be whitelisted?

Nope, as I told you then... and again… and again, your understanding was (and is) incorrect. If mental state is important to you - you may want to consider your ability to retain knowledge here my friend :D. But by all means, let’s invent another 8 posts on a phantom network problem. Your welcome to spend as much time replying to me as you like. Would it help if I made up a problem for you to troubleshoot this time? This way, you wouldn’t have to invent the entire situation yourself :D

You can tell your therapist to look at this comment so they know your state of denial. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3305608#Comment_3305608

Nowhere am i corrected that you don't buy the service from other companies and set one up yourself.

• @TimboJones said:

Nowhere am i corrected that you don't buy the service from other companies and set one up yourself.

A link that doesn't correlate to your statement above or the rest of your comments in the thread :D However, it's OK. I've given this a lot of thought and decided to be the better person and just accept your apology.

• @KermEd said:

@rcy026 said:
    I hate to have to point it out, but 13 years is fuckin forever in IT. If you have no experience with Windows in the past 13 years, your opinion is actually totally irrelevant.

Pointing it out doesn't make it right :D. Your experience is with managed workstations - not servers. You even expressed how you need to constantly work to keep them backedup and updated (something a 1 month certificate could teach you to do better).

Pulling shit out of your ass again.
    I said 6000 workstations and hundreds of servers. And that is just one of my customers.
    I do not constantly work to keep them backed up, I said that they were constantly backed up. Same thing with patching, they are constantly patched but it's been years since anyone manually installed a patch. That is how things work in the real world unless idiots are left to manage everything.
    Do you seriously believe I manually back up and patch 6000 workstations plus servers? I could maybe accept that reading is difficult for you and that is why you misinterpreted everything I said, but that you even for a second thought I would manually manage 6000 workstations, that's just stupid on a whole new level.

Moreover any IT person worth their salt knows all this - and this is how we all know you are a wee baby child playing on the internet. Now go make your mama some waffles and let the adults talk IT for a bit :)

Adults do not resort to "yo mama" jokes when their stupidity becomes too embarrassing.
    I will take a wild guess and say that I was probably on the internet before you were born. A wild assumption, I admit, but judging by your language there is no way you are more then a few years past puberty.

• @jsg said:

@rcy026 said:
    True, if you are very low on resources, then Windows is probably not your best choice. But honestly, in most situations today resources is not a problem. A majority of workstations and servers use a fraction of their available resources. But, as stated sooo many times already: choose the best tools for the job. If you are extremely low on resources, then Windows is not the right tool.

So what about poor people or elderly people who have and are used to a 10 or 15 years old PC with an old Windows version that increasingly acts up? What if I have an old notebook that I want to gift to a neighbour's kid who is going to go to university?

Then don't use windows. It's clearly not the right tool.
    Windows is not optimized for old or low resource hardware. Once again, why do you try to use it in a way it is not intended and then complain that it is no good?

I learned that lesson the hard way when 2 or 3 years ago I went hung-go and purchased one of the intel NUC thingies ... only to learn that I MUST use Windows 10 and that there simply weren't drivers available for older Windows versions.

Frankly, I took that as Windows telling me "f_ck you! You are going to accept MY rules or you don't play!" My reaction of course was "OK, Microsoft, f_ck YOURSELF".

Very good, then you did the right thing.

UAC (I assume that's what you are referring to) is in Windows what sudo is in linux.

OK, but if so then it seems that pretty much everything on that box needed to run as root ...

That's strange, I run UAC on both my laptop and workstation, and it has probably been months since I saw a UAC popup. I normally run a bunch of browsers and putty, none of them trigger UAC.

Since the introduction of powershell (like 10-15 years ago?) there is no "clickedy-click" configuration needed. Everything you can do in the gui you can do in powershell. In recent versions even the opposite is true, some things you have to do in powershell because there is no gui available. All the gui's are just that, a gui over powershell.

No offense intended but that's some of the worst advice I ever got. Hell, I even did try it, I tried to install some developer tool via Powershell just as I was told to. I also was told that it's going to be really easy, no worries. But then Windows (10) told me that I first need to install some other stuff ... at the end what I learned was "Wow, great, Windows has managed to port their version, dependency and dll hell to their shell too" and went away.

Of course there are dependencies. Are you telling me foss does not have dependencies? Try "apt list --installed" or whatever your distro of choice uses on a linux workstation and then tell me again that there are no dependencies installed.
    I have to use powershell sometimes, and I do not find it any more cumbersome than bash, python or whatever your preference might be. It has a learning curve, of course, but so does everything.

Btw, have a look at their VisualStudio crap. Happy sailing one happens to be a poor student with a note book that "only" has 4 cores, 4 GB memory and a small SSD. I thought I've seen hell after building a debug version of clang/llvm, but let me tell you that those 15+ GB installations are child toys next to a Microsoft monstrosity.

I've never used VisualStudio so I have no idea if it's bad, good or neither. I've never made any such claim either so if you want to discuss that, you have to do that with someone who has.

Granted it's just my personal view but according to my experience the one thing one can be really sure about Microsoft is that their products always grow (like a cancer) and always, with each new version, demand more resources which it then uses like a hog on meth.

I have to disagree. Windows 10 runs a lot smoother on low end hardware than many previous versions. But again, Windows is not optimized for low end hardware.

As I've said, I do understand that (and not fervently fight against) companies and organizations often use Windows - but I won't unless I absolutely must, and then I use either my old "sh_tbox" (W 8.1) or the client has to provide me a properly set up and prepared Windows box of his choice.

And that is your choice, and I will fully defend your right to chose. But that does not mean that Windows is a shitty os, it just means that it is not suited for you.

Thanked by 2TimboJones dev_vps
    edited December 2021

@KermEd said:

@TimboJones said:

A link that doesn't correlate to your statement above or the rest of your comments in the thread :D However, it's OK. I've given this a lot of thought and decided to be the better person and just accept your apology.

Man, do you find reading hard? Do you think you're hot shit at work and don't think you have anything to learn? Because you have effectively demonstrated that.

HTTP & HTTPS proxy
    Static IP
    Easy configuration options for old routers (I.e. not just openvpn profiles)

The why is selfish, but I need to do this to provision development consoles

They typically require a static IP specified by us (it takes a week or two of downtime if it changes, as companies like Sony manually whitelist IPS)

Right now for a corporate static IP (not for the purpose of being anonymous but for IP white listing for companies) we can only use a very small number of companies.

Yet there are people here willing to pay for the service

Because I don’t need a proxy.

But you want traffic to come from a static IP, you don't want all traffic going through it, and you don't care about encryption. Configuring routers seems to be configuration pain point. That's needing a proxy.

I think you are confusing what I have and am able to do, with what I would like to see a VPN do for me and where I see a large opportunity for console game developers trying to find a VPN service.

Yes, I confused you with someone who could roll your own, but you don't have the skills. You're running off residential internet instead of business and you only have old OpenVPN routers for your devs. All the config settings are in the conf file, so not sure what additional options you need. You're just small potatoes, which is exactly why you should have just said you didn't have the time.

Also - IP doesn't come into play here.

Refer back to your comment about downtime to whitelist changed IP. If that's not the most important part, you really need to take a technical writing class and also learn the point of IT is to keep the workers productive. Downtime for changing IP? Yeah, that's a productivity drain. This should have been resolved after the very first time learning of the delayed whitelisting.

Then you tried to argue there is a large market from developer companies despite me saying it's trivial to do own proxy and they'd already have a corporate VPN anyway that accomplishes the same thing.

But a VPN that does it for us would just be a lot easier. Right now we all use a different VPN with less configuration options that I can 'make work'.

As written, it sounds like you're doing patchwork with different providers. Perhaps this is what you claim is not buying VPN services but running different VPN's you're doing yourself? Why? And you'd prefer paying since it's too hard for you to manage. Because server, username, password and port for proxy config would be too hard.

A lot of your assumptions are off, I just don't have interest in going into it.

So you didn't actually correct any understanding I had like you claimed.

I apologize that you're not under adult supervision. Let's hope you've never mentioned LET to your boss to know that this problem is fairly trivial and solved in an afternoon by a competent IT person.

Anyone here at LET looking for a job should try applying for your job.

• edoarudo5edoarudo5 Member
    edited December 2021

@hostnoob said:

@edoarudo5 said:
    RDP. Tried remote desktop on Linux and whatever client I use, it's not the same seamless experience as I have with RDP. For desktop use, nothing beats Windows in my opinion. All my Plex servers and seedboxes use Windows Server because I just like right-clicking all over the place copy pasting and clicking next next next finish, LOL. It's simple and it gets the job done.

100% agree that Windows is the best desktop experience.

Another thing I hate is how Linux makes you enter your password to do literally anything. Linux fans are always talking about how Windows is so restrictive, and with Linux you can do literally anything you want, but then they start crying if you say you want to log in as root

"YoU cAnT Do ThAT iTS nOt SaFe"

Even if you override that and log in as root, some apps like Chrome won't work and others will constantly bother you telling you you're logged in as root.

So much for freedom.

For stuff like webservers I like Linux because of the low resource usage, and the fact you can log in as root without any issues.

I have the same thoughts. I always choose an OS that I think is the best fit for the task I'm going to do, an OS that fits all requirements that is required for that task. I always think that people who are always downplaying Windows and think Linux is always better are ignorant snobs and know-it-alls. Each OS has their own strengths and weaknesses. Your biases against Windows because of its proprietary code or "how it violates your privacy" doesn't make it less useful to others who prefers to use it because it gets their job done. Of course Windows VPS has its own advantages, it also has it downsides. The same goes with Linux. Whoever thinks otherwise didn't outgrow their Linux wet dreams, LOL. These are the kind of people that are usually self-righteous and censor profane words unnecessarily because of their self-righteousness, pathetic!

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • windows sucks.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2021

This is just to show how efficient is Windows RDP, even on low cost $12/year VPS from VirMach

CPU utilization is below 5%
    Memory used is under 1GB

This Windows RDP is running 24x7.

https://i.postimg.cc/BQc5Z94b/Windows-Server-2012-015.png

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@dev_vps said:
    This is just to show how efficient is Windows RDP, even on low cost $12/year VPS from VirMach

Memory used is under 1GB

[screen shot]

• That VM is running on linux. Why don't you get a HyperV VPS?
    • On Unix one would get the same done with a simple script and not need RDP at all.
    • On Unix one would have the browser monstrosity run client side if at all. Server-side memory usage would be about 5 times less - Windows users however run the browser server-side on the VM and proudly brag about "low" resource usage.

TL;DR "It's a lie that Windows is like a 40-ton truck compared to Unix and I have proof. In fact I'm able to transport a PC keyboard on a 5 ton truck!" (meanwhile a Unix user transporting 3 keyboards overtakes the truck with his VW Golf)

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2021

@jsg said:

@dev_vps said:

Memory used is under 1GB

[screen shot]

• On Unix one would get the same done with a simple script and not need RDP at all.
    • On Unix one would have the browser monstrosity run client side if at all. Server-side memory usage would be about 5 times less - Windows users however run the browser server-side on the VM and proudly brag about "low" resource usage.

TL;DR "It's a lie that Windows is like a 40-ton truck compared to Unix and I have proof. In fact I'm able to transport a PC keyboard on a 5 ton truck!" (meanwhile a Unix user transporting 3 keyboards overtakes the truck with his VW Golf)

Two points -
    1. I need to see the streaming chart visually and that would need Linux desktop or Windows desktop. Also, multiple clients need to have access to that chart setup.
    2. Windows desktop is running other apps as well as access to the VM that is running the streaming chart

Hope that clears the things for you

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2021

There are two VPS involved in the screenshot. Both are low cost VPS.
    Linux OS desktop - RackNerd
    This is like a central monitor streaming chart that is accessed by multiple clients at same time
    Windows OS desktop - Virmach
    This is one such client machine and also running SQL Server Express edition for a different app.

Both the VPS are running 24x7

@dev_vps said:

@jsg said:

@dev_vps said:

Memory used is under 1GB

[screen shot]

Two points -
    1. I need to see the streaming chart visually and that would need Linux desktop or Windows desktop.

So?

Also, multiple clients need to have access to that chart setup.

So?

1. Windows desktop is running other apps as well as access to the VM that is running the streaming chart

So?

You don't get around some desktop client-side anyway, but IMO only a Windows user would run a full GUI for that use case on the VPS too.

And btw. again: if Windows server is so great why KVM instead of HyperV? What you do is like if I said "Unix is great!" but ran my Unix VM on a Windows server. Inconsistent.

• @Archie said:
    I need a Windows vps to test .NET app during development

Do you use .NET on Linux?
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/install/linux

• @rcy026 said: If you think that a server OS should not have a gui, then why would you pick the only server OS that have a gui?

Mac OS X Server also has a UI, although I think Apple don't really care about it any more, and I'm 95% sure that the number of Apple servers in production would be far less than even EOL versions of Windows Server.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2021

@jsg said: .. but ran my Unix VM on a Windows server.

This is why I left a major UK provider, after many years. They phased out their Linux HA cloud offerings in favour of Hyper-V. Madness.
    (Ironically, the same company sponsors one of the top Linux distros.)

@AlwaysSkint said:

@jsg said: .. but ran my Unix VM on a Windows server.

This is why I left a major UK provider, after many years. They phased out their Linux HA cloud offerings in favour of Hyper-V. Madness.
    (Ironically, the same company sponsors one of the top Linux distros.)

Quick question: how's the HyperV performance?

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2021

@jsg said: Quick question: how's the HyperV performance?

Dunno, I left before they implemented it.
    (I didn't fancy a rock sitting on top of a turd. Translation: build a stable platform on a solid foundation.)

Thanked by 1jsg
  • I have some enterprise client websites that run on a replicated Hyper-V VM (Hyper-V Replica) setup (running RHEL 8.5) with DNS round-robin. Easy to setup, 100% uptime and many POP. Problem with running Hyper-V is that Windows will restart some time after an important security update, you can delay it but you need to restart anyway so it results in some downtime. With a replicated Hyper-V VM setup though, you can set different times for restart after update on each node that you will have 100% uptime.

If you do this on Linux, it would be cumbersome; and if time to set-up matters (which costs money), it would take a lot longer to setup. In Hyper-V replica, there's no need to setup CEPH and HAProxy for example, it's just one system replicated on different machines. Less complication for setup, less headache. It's also easier to troubleshoot.

@edoarudo5 said:
    Problem with running Hyper-V is that Windows will restart some time after an important security update, you can delay it but you need to restart anyway so it results in some downtime.

Thanks, I don't need to know more to reject HyperV use.

• @jsg said:

@edoarudo5 said:
    Problem with running Hyper-V is that Windows will restart some time after an important security update, you can delay it but you need to restart anyway so it results in some downtime.

Thanks, I don't need to know more to reject HyperV use.

It will not work for you with that mindset. Every system has its downsides. When it comes to a failover setup, this might be the simplest and easiest way so it saves a lot of time (and cost). It also works perfectly. I would use a Linux failover setup if it was as simple as setting up and troubleshooting using Hyper-V. In terms of efficiency, the linux setup just doesn't cut it. There's a reason why Windows is still used by many enterprises. If it's as bad as others here say it, that wouldn't be the case. If you know a simpler linux setup to setup a replicated failover and is easier to troubleshoot if it does encounter problems, I'm all ears/eyes.

Thanked by 1DBA