Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netcup advent calendar - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

netcup advent calendar

1235»

Comments

• @snz said:

@nobizzle said:
    and more than 250mbit. I had this offer before, but ipv6 and 250mbit were real bummers to me :neutral:

It's a 1Gbps port on which "you usually get just 250mbit". Home<->Server I have 800Mbps usually, which is fine.

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 865 Mbits/sec   | 866 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 871 Mbits/sec   | 861 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | busy
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 791 Mbits/sec   | 733 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 20.8 Mbits/sec  | 103 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 568 Mbits/sec   | 655 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 468 Mbits/sec   | 440 Mbits/sec

oh, thats cool. has it always been like that?

• @Falzo said:

@AlanDS said:
    What is the renewal price for this .de domain offer? Does it remain same after a year?

Yes, 1.68 € per year.

Looks like the offer expired. Any idea if it will return or if there is a way to avail it?

• @jmaxwell said:

@Falzo said:

@AlanDS said:
    What is the renewal price for this .de domain offer? Does it remain same after a year?

Yes, 1.68 € per year.

Looks like the offer expired. Any idea if it will return or if there is a way to avail it?

By Easter at the latest, usually.

Thanked by 2Void Falzo
  • snzsnz Member
    edited December 2021

@nobizzle said:

@snz said:

@nobizzle said:
    and more than 250mbit. I had this offer before, but ipv6 and 250mbit were real bummers to me :neutral:

It's a 1Gbps port on which "you usually get just 250mbit". Home<->Server I have 800Mbps usually, which is fine.

I assume. I only have this one for two months now.

EDIT: on-topic

VPS Sternschnuppe
    https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2837

- 6c
    - 18GB RAM
    - 480GB SSD
    - *6* Month contract (usually 12 for these offers I think)

12.43 €/m

I'm tempted again because RAM, disk etc are fine, but the CPU usually sucks.

• @snz said:

@nobizzle said:

@snz said:

@nobizzle said:

VPS Sternschnuppe

- 6c
    - 18GB RAM
    - 480GB SSD

12.43 €/m

yeah, I think most of these VPS offers are on the older XEON infra and obviously more packed compared to the RS line. I noticed you'll usually get a minimum of 400+ points single threaded in GB5. not totally bad, but obviously quite away from 800+ you'll see with epyc cores ;-)

but as you said, ig that's not the main concern the large disk and high RAM can be worth it. I am done with buying anything in '21 though. will be interesting to see, if they come up with gen 10 next year and if that brings more ressources at cheaper pricing or if it will stay rather stable for another while.

• In general we've seen a large step this year in my opinion for most of the better providers. EPYC had a hufe impact on per core speed and NVMe is somewhat a normal thing nowadays. In addition some providers offer 10Gbit (burstable) network connections. I think Netcup will also improvice their offers. I just realized that the per core performance of Netcup on the RS feels kinda slow compared to some of the competitors :smile:

Thanked by 1TODO
  • @snz said:

@nobizzle said:

@snz said:

@nobizzle said:

VPS Sternschnuppe

- 6c
    - 18GB RAM
    - 480GB SSD

12.43 €/m

If I were ready to do some consolidation, I'd probably go for this. (But on BF/CM, I renewed a number of VPSes.)

Naturally, it depends on expectations and what one needs/wants, but my experience with their vServers has been positive. And 6 vCores/threads are nevertheless 6vCores/threads.

But -- yeah -- since they don't say otherwise, this isn't AMD but rather Intel (Intel Gold, I would guess).

I'd be curious to see a YABS of this VPS.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2021

@angstrom said: I'd be curious to see a YABS of this VPS.

geekbench probably in the ranges of:

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11746811
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11746704
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11714505

quite some variance... but not bad at all. no guarantue though.

Thanked by 1angstrom