Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netcup advent calendar
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

netcup advent calendar

so... BF and CM is done. and as expected on time netcup started off with their advent calendar again: https://www.netcup.de/adventskalender/

first door reveals their quite common deal for .de domains ( https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2817 )

probably not really interesting unless from Germany I guess. let's see what the next days bring, I'd expect some of the offers seen during the year, easter and BF to re-appear, so who did miss out on those, might want to get up early and take a look each day.

according to their announcement here https://www.netcup-news.de/ they'll refill on the limited things during the day, so everyone gets a chance to grab it.

I'll try to update here as well for the more interesting offers...

Comments

• @Falzo said: probably not really interesting unless from Germany I guess.

Can I even register a .de domain without being German (or at least living in Germany 🤔)?

• @afn said:

@Falzo said: probably not really interesting unless from Germany I guess.

Can I even register a .de domain without being German (or at least living in Germany 🤔)?

If I'm not wrong, NetCup provide 'admin contact' (for free) if You haven't address in Germany. Maybe @Falzo can confirm or disprove it. I'm living in the EU, but not in Germany and I have some .de domain with NetCup without problems.

Thanked by 3lifioting afn Falzo
  • is there a english version of the calendar?

The item i am looking most forward to is the NETCUPCUP.

Thanked by 2Falzo pbx
  • @aiden1 said:
    is there a english version of the calendar?

The item i am looking most forward to is the NETCUPCUP.

2 cups 1 net ?

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • afnafn Member
    edited November 2021

@titus said: NetCup provide 'admin contact'

so it's "proxy-registration" like what njalla does? They "own" the domain?

@aiden1 said: is there a english version of the calendar?

Always wished offers and news had an English version, but luckily google translate (in your browser or via extension) does the job pretty well. German is one of the languages that are usually translated fine (unlike Japanese, Chinese, Arabic and other less common/non latin languages). The advantage of this: it helps filtering out the noobs who can't even use automated translation so less competition for limited offers 😈

• from what I know .de domains are open to register for anyone (owner-c) as long as at least the admin handle is someone from Germany.
    hence they offer to provide this requirement by acting as admin-c. they do not own the domain with that.

on another note the cup @aiden1 mentioned is a nice gimmick to go for, along with the 'johann' ;-)
    I think I posted photos of those last year, will check if I can find them to repost or make new ones... pretty sure they also come up. 6th maybe.

for the english version of their pages that's been like this for years now. they do minimal efforts on that, just the main and usually the offer pages are available in english. also need to really check that the conditions are the same, as there (rarely but still) have been errors which lead to differences... as suggested better go with the german pages and use google translate, should be easy enough.

Thanked by 2kalimov622 titus
  • kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited December 2021

@Falzo said: from what I know .de domains are open to register for anyone (owner-c) as long as at least the admin handle is someone from Germany.

That is correct.

Thanks for posting the netcup offers as always, @Falzo.

Thanked by 1afn
  • @afn said: @titus said: NetCup provide 'admin contact'

so it's "proxy-registration" like what njalla does? They "own" the domain?

If I'm not wrong, there is three or four '"contact type" in the ".de" domain whois record, database (domain holder, admin contact, tech contact, zone admin). And probably one of these will be the NetCup address. I now checked one my .de domain whois record, and i'm the 'domain holder & admin c". Tech c & zone admin = NetCup. I registered this domain in 2017. So if it not changed, You will be the 'owner'.

Thanked by 2afn Falzo
  • @afn said:

@Falzo said: probably not really interesting unless from Germany I guess.

Yes you can. I'm not even European and I registered a .de before.

Thanked by 1afn
  • What is the renewal price for this .de domain offer? Does it remain same after a year?

• @AlanDS said:
    What is the renewal price for this .de domain offer? Does it remain same after a year?

Yes, 1.68 € per year.

Thanked by 1AlanDS
  • @Falzo said:
    from what I know .de domains are open to register for anyone (owner-c) as long as at least the admin handle is someone from Germany.
    hence they offer to provide this requirement by acting as admin-c. they do not own the domain with that.

There is no admin-c anymore. Afaik, owners residing in other countries have to name a contact in Germany on request.

• todays offer is the pumped up RS 4000 (8 core) at a discounted price (contract term length 12 month though!) https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2818

one of the better offers I think - at least if one needs such a big box. let's see who fast they sell, I would assume because of the size and price, that's still gonna be available over the whole day.

• TODOTODO Member
    edited December 2021

I got their RS 2000 during black friday, it's pretty fast, but I don't really like how they make me pay VAT when I am not from Europe. I thought I'd share as some people might want to know.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @TODO said:
    I got their RS 2000 during black friday, it's pretty fast, but I don't really like how they make me pay VAT when I am not from Europe. I thought I'd share as some people might want to know.

yeah that's a good point, afaik they charge VAT fpr everyone as long as it is a 'personal account' and only exempt if you can prove that you are a business/company - either via valid VAT-ID or paperwork...

• Mindestvertragslaufzeit

• @Falzo said:
    todays offer is the pumped up RS 4000 (8 core) at a discounted price (contract term length 12 month though!) https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2818

one of the better offers I think - at least if one needs such a big box. let's see who fast they sell, I would assume because of the size and price, that's still gonna be available over the whole day.

Do we pay monthly or one time yearly on deals like these from Netcup?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2021

@contactwajeeh said: Do we pay monthly or one time yearly on deals like these from Netcup?

3 months payment, contract for a year.

Mindestvertragslaufzeit 12 Monate
    Abrechnungsperiode 3 Monate

Thanked by 1contactwajeeh
  • @JabJab said:

@contactwajeeh said: Do we pay monthly or one time yearly on deals like these from Netcup?

yeah for all offers of that kind it's usually a contract term length of 12 month, so no matter what you'll have to pay for a year. depending on the size of the service the billing terms might differ though, like here you'll get a bill each quarter.
    still you will get billed 4 times within that year, and if you do not cancel with 30 days advance notice, they'll extend the contract for another year and you will get another 4 bills afterwards.

they are said to be quite strict about that and might send debt collectors after you, if you do not pay, what you ordered or simply "forget" to cancel in time. no excuses.

• nobizzlenobizzle Member
    edited December 2021

@Falzo said:

@JabJab said:

yeah for all offers of that kind it's usually a contract term length of 12 month, so no matter what you'll have to pay for a year. depending on the size of the service the billing terms might differ though, like here you'll get a bill each quarter.
    still you will get billed 4 times within that year, and if you do not cancel with 30 days advance notice, they'll extend the contract for another year and you will get another 4 bills afterwards.

they are said to be quite strict about that and might send debt collectors after you, if you do not pay, what you ordered or simply "forget" to cancel in time. no excuses.

well, few days ago we had black friday and almost all offers were on a yearly basis. keep in mind, that netcup ist definitely one of the better providers, plus you will have dedicated resources on their RS line. You wont find that too often, so imho there is not the biggest problem with the terms and conditions. just put a reminder in your calendar and youll be fine. but dont host the calendar on you netcup server ;P

• todays offer is their Webhosting 4000: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2819

they use Plesk underneath it which performs quite decent, at least last time I tried. the included (.de) domains are what you can register through their interface and be aware they have a limit for external domains (only 6) that you can point to that hosting and manage with.

more likely not the most popular offer...

• @Falzo said:
    todays offer is their Webhosting 4000: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2819

they use Plesk underneath it which performs quite decent, at least last time I tried. the included (.de) domains are what you can register through their interface and be aware they have a limit for external domains (only 6) that you can point to that hosting and manage with.

more likely not the most popular offer...

Thanks for your daily input here and your description of the offer.

Thanked by 3Falzo pbx Erisa
  • @rick2610 said:

Fun Fact! Did you know that @Falzo has a cache of links for netcup deals that he wouldn't say unless you say the magic word? Legend has it that the magic word has been uttered numerous times already, but no one knows yet what exactly it is!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @pullangcubo said:

@rick2610 said:

Fun Fact! Did you know that @Falzo has a cache of links for netcup deals that he wouldn't say unless you say the magic word? Legend has it that the magic word has been uttered numerous times already, but no one knows yet what exactly it is!

LOL :lol:

there was indeed a list of old legacy order links and there might still are. however, at some point they disabled these offers or at least put them OOS. if still something is active and can be ordered it's usually nothing of real value anymore.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2021

I noticed that I posted into the wrong topic yesterday... sorry for that, was travelling and only on mobile then.

today let's get back here and grab yourself a fanboi cup: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2822

@aiden1 ;-)

it's a nice mug, I might get another, as I can't find my one after the last office move :/

edit: no idea if they send outside germany/europe and if so, how long that might take.

• @Falzo said:
    I noticed that I posted into the wrong topic yesterday... sorry for that, was travelling and only on mobile then.

today let's get back here and grab yourself a fanboi cup: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2822

@aiden1 ;-)

it's a nice mug, I might get another, as I can't find my one after the last office move :/

edit: no idea if they send outside germany/europe and if so, how long that might take.

Aweeeeee sold out

• @plumberg said:

@Falzo said:

@aiden1 ;-)

Aweeeeee sold out

oh wow that went fast. I guess they'll restock though. maybe check on twitter in the morning...

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • I like the setup fee for the price :D

• another webhosting package today, nothing fancy: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2823

anyone got the cup during the day? I have been to busy with work to follow up...

Thanked by 2pbx kalimov622
  • edited December 2021

I ordered two cups this afternoon and got the confirmation e-mail but no payment was required so far.

Thanked by 1Falzo