Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netcup advent calendar - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

netcup advent calendar

Comments

• @angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@Falzo said:

@darw said: Refund, no discussions

yeah, I mean, especially for the RS line they offer their 14 day satisfaction blabla anyway, so should be no issue to part ways with them ;-)

OP already initiated a Paypal dispute iirc. Not sure if Netcup "likes" that, but I, too, guess it will be alright.

If the OP really initiated a PayPal dispute, then this was very probably also his last netcup server.

But why initiate a PayPal dispute when he could have simply asked for a refund? It doesn't add up.

That's what I also thought. By OP, I am ofc not referring to @Falzo but to @darw . He posted this:

@darw said:

I've bought RS Vienna, and got blacklisted IP again. Now I did paypal dispute and got refund, as I don't want to deal with their smartasses.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@Falzo said:

yeah, I mean, especially for the RS line they offer their 14 day satisfaction blabla anyway, so should be no issue to part ways with them ;-)

OP already initiated a Paypal dispute iirc. Not sure if Netcup "likes" that, but I, too, guess it will be alright.

If the OP really initiated a PayPal dispute, then this was very probably also his last netcup server.

But why initiate a PayPal dispute when he could have simply asked for a refund? It doesn't add up.

That's what I also thought. By OP, I am ofc not referring to @Falzo but to @darw . He posted this:

@darw said:

I've bought RS Vienna, and got blacklisted IP again. Now I did paypal dispute and got refund, as I don't want to deal with their smartasses.

Netcup has sent collection agency & many lawyer letters to me because I didn't wanted to pay for renewal of blacklisted server in 2020. I've paid for the first month, saw the situation and contacted them to change the IP addresss, they have refusend... The total amount was cca 5€. So, ordering again something for this advent and it's same situation with blacklisted IP.... Paypal dispute, no discussions. Karma.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@Falzo said:

That's what I also thought. By OP, I am ofc not referring to @Falzo but to @darw .

Yes, of course, I also meant @darw and not @Falzo !

I said "OP" because you did, but of course, this is technically incorrect in this case. :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2021

@darw said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@Falzo said:

@darw said:

Netcup has sent collection agency & many lawyer letters to me because I didn't wanted to pay for renewal of blacklisted server in 2020. I've paid for the first month, saw the situation and contacted them to change the IP addresss, they have refusend... The total amount was cca 5€. So, ordering again something for this advent and it's same situation with blacklisted IP.... Paypal dispute, no discussions. Karma.

The only thing that surprises me is that netcup let you order again after having sent a collection agency after you. Sounds like they were a little remiss there.

Thanked by 2Ympker bulbasaur
  • darwdarw Member
    edited December 2021

@angstrom said:

@darw said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@Falzo said:

@darw said:

The only thing that surprises me is that netcup let you order again after having sent a collection agency after you. Sounds like they were a little remiss there.

I am responsible for that. I have dual citizenship and three permanent residence cards (EU + non EU), two of them with moustache 😂, and I'm not joking.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2021

@darw said:

@angstrom said:

@darw said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@Falzo said:

@darw said:

I am responsible for that. I have dual citizenship and three permanent residence cards (EU + non EU), two of them with moustache 😂, and I'm not joking.

In that case, I guess that netcup weren't remiss after all but that they simply didn't know/understand what they were up against.

• darwdarw Member
    edited December 2021

@angstrom said:

@darw said:

@angstrom said:

@darw said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@Falzo said:

@darw said:

In that case, I guess that netcup weren't remiss after all but that they simply didn't know/understand what they were up against.

Maybe. But at the and I'm a good customer. I pay my invoices and let my servers idle.

BuyVM gave me blacklisted IP, and with one ticket replaced.
    Hostus, same story
    Liteserver, same story
    Alwyzon, same story
    TransIP, same story
    PHP-friends, same story

Only ST Hosting has promised to replace the blacklisted IP, but nothing happened yet. At least they're not sending inkasso company when I don't want to renew service.

I guess I'm unlucky when ordering new servers. Even If I don't use some of that servers, I want clean IP's, because I'm cleanly paying my invoices for idling.

Btw. Alwyzon has nice blacklist rule, every provider should have this:

If an IP address assigned to the customers is put on a blacklist, Alwyzon reserves the right to charge the customer 80 € in administrative fees for removing it from the blacklist.

and inkasso and other collection agencies should be sent there... it would be much less spam, at least from europeans.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2021

today we go for the big one then: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2833

12 cores, 2TB SSD anyone? @SpeedTest @lala_th

Thanked by 1SpeedTest
  • @Falzo said:
    today we go for the big one then: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2833

Do they still make you pay for nested per core?

• @DrFallen said:

@Falzo said:

as far as I know, yes. probably not worth it though...

• @Falzo said:

@DrFallen said:

@Falzo said:

Yeah that's problem with the bigger vms. Would fire up proxmox not sure on the performance though.

• @DrFallen said:

@Falzo said:

@DrFallen said:

@Falzo said:

Yeah that's problem with the bigger vms. Would fire up proxmox not sure on the performance though.

With LXC performance is fine

• @DrFallen said:

@Falzo said:

No. They do not allow this at all anymore, due to security reasons (?!)
    Now have a idling 12 dedi core vps with them for no reason.

• @Pappeske said:

@DrFallen said:

@Falzo said:

No. They do not allow this at all anymore, due to security reasons (?!)
    Now have a idling 12 dedi core vps with them for no reason.

They have 15 days return policy

• @darw said: is put on a blacklist

What does "on a blacklist" mean?

Let me quickly set up that zone called "blacklist" with a wildcard record... that's EUR 80 then please...

• so. after the not so interesting deals in the last two days, they bring back their .de special which we already had on december 1st... https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2838

that leaves to days for the RS 2000 to reappear. also doubt they'll have something huge on 24th but rather some merchandise (Johann?) or even a donation thingy or the likes.

Thanked by 1kalimov622
  • @Falzo said:
    so. after the not so interesting deals in the last two days, they bring back their .de special which we already had on december 1st... https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2838

that leaves to days for the RS 2000 to reappear. also doubt they'll have something huge on 24th but rather some merchandise (Johann?) or even a donation thingy or the likes.

Blacklisted IP inkl. 😂

• @darw said:

@Falzo said:
    so. after the not so interesting deals in the last two days, they bring back their .de special which we already had on december 1st... https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2838

Blacklisted IP inkl. 😂

you still did not write which blacklists after all ;-)

today finally: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2836

let's see if someone buys one and checks the IP. I am tempted as usual.
    wanna put a bet on a specific blacklist?

• Wanted to try their service with todays advent offer but "Billing period 6 months" is kinda off-putting.

• @vaviloff said:
    Wanted to try their service with todays advent offer but "Billing period 6 months" is kinda off-putting.

You can pay monthly 16,00€

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2621

• nobizzlenobizzle Member
    edited December 2021

Considering the fact it's dedicated cores AND 320 GB SSD its probably one of the best offers that exists on the "lowend" market. Still got the same from this years Easter offers. It's actually too powerful for my needs, tbh.

edit: btw. the ip oif the mentioned offer from Easter this year is "possibly safe on 0/115" blacklists, checked by ipvoid. You must have had bad luck.

• @vaviloff said:
    Wanted to try their service with todays advent offer but "Billing period 6 months" is kinda off-putting.

also bear in mind this comes with a yearly contract even. so they will bill you a second time after the first 6 months and expect you to pay. on top there is a cancellation period that you need to comply to...
    on the other hand they offer a 14 day satisfaction guarantue on their RS line, which if claimed gets you refunded.

still, they are quite german when it comes to all such rules, so yes, this kind of conditions can be a bummer and are not for everyone.

Thanked by 1vaviloff
  • snzsnz Member
    edited December 2021

Keep wishosting or go for this one? Not sure :S

• @snz said:
    Keep wishosting or go for this one? Not sure :S

It comes down to whether you need ram or cpu more. (and maybe network)

• Right now I run this: https://github.com/photoprism/photoprism on a netcup VPS (not the RS) and it takes 3+ seconds to import one image, which is awful. That's why I thought to move it to the wishosting one.
    So I guess CPU > Disk > RAM > Bandwidth > Transfer

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2021

@snz said:
    I guess CPU > Disk > RAM > Bandwidth > Transfer

keep the wishosting box. the ryzen probably is more powerful and it's even more disk space. so that ticks the two that are on top of your list. nothing more to say...

edit: maybe one thing to add though. netcups vps line can differ a lot in what cpu performance you get out of it. in the end that's the main difference towards the RS and the reason why they are cheaper.

for your software I didn't check, but you might want to, if it works only single threaded. if that's the case you most likely would benefit even more from those Ryzen 5950x cores...

• Yeah I think Ill keep it then. Only wish it had IPv6 :neutral:

• @snz said:
    Yeah I think Ill keep it then. Only wish it had IPv6 :neutral:

and more than 250mbit. I had this offer before, but ipv6 and 250mbit were real bummers to me :neutral:

• @nobizzle said:
    and more than 250mbit. I had this offer before, but ipv6 and 250mbit were real bummers to me :neutral:

It's a 1Gbps port on which "you usually get just 250mbit". Home<->Server I have 800Mbps usually, which is fine.

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 865 Mbits/sec   | 866 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 871 Mbits/sec   | 861 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | busy
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 791 Mbits/sec   | 733 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 20.8 Mbits/sec  | 103 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 568 Mbits/sec   | 655 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 468 Mbits/sec   | 440 Mbits/sec

Thanked by 1nobizzle
  • sounds fun .