Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[So you Start] New range released! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[So you Start] New range released!

Comments

• @allthemtings said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@allthemtings said:

@TheBrokenBee said:
    france - back in stock!

Doesn’t appear so

https://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/ - i can still see it here

SYS-2?

Out of stock for me

SYS-2-SAT-32

• @TheBrokenBee said:

@allthemtings said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@allthemtings said:

@TheBrokenBee said:
    france - back in stock!

Doesn’t appear so

https://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/ - i can still see it here

SYS-2?

Out of stock for me

SYS-2-SAT-32

Definitely out of stock for me

• @plumberg said:

@Nekki said:

@Zeniic said:
    SYS-2-SAT-32 Available in FR.

Intel Xeon D1540 (6982), 32GB, 8TB HDD, Unlimited @ 250Mbit for 24.99€ in Strasbourg, France. Order:

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=2201sys02

Dunno whether to go France or wait on the UK.

UK is good overall, atleast for me. Been waiting for it...

I've ordered UK-based SYS-2-SAT-32 on Nov-25, still wait for delivery

• @jmgcaguicla said: All my servers are FDE'd but they're usually either Arch, NixOS or Debian

Never had a problem with LUKS because of the (new) kernel when rebooting your arch server? How do you manage the super regular updates? Upgrading the kernel only where there are known vuln that have been fixed?

• @fixxation said:
    Performance wise, do you think there'd be much difference between the SYS-2-SSD-32 and the SYS-LE-2 ?

I have both of them, differences is at CPU specs. Also subsequently, there are different tweaks on NVMe, but on some OS, no different on NVMe tweaks.

• @bsh said:

@plumberg said:

@Nekki said:

@Zeniic said:
    SYS-2-SAT-32 Available in FR.

Intel Xeon D1540 (6982), 32GB, 8TB HDD, Unlimited @ 250Mbit for 24.99€ in Strasbourg, France. Order:

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=2201sys02

Dunno whether to go France or wait on the UK.

UK is good overall, atleast for me. Been waiting for it...

I've ordered UK-based SYS-2-SAT-32 on Nov-25, still wait for delivery

FUCK

• @ninzo59
    I put in a mistake and chose the wrong billing time for my order, can I pay for another month to make this bill a quarterly payment?
    If not I will have to request a refund and repurchase

• Sys-2-sat-32 france in stock...
    Go go

Go
    Go

• @plumberg said: Sys-2-sat-32 france in stock...

If true it didn't last long.

• @Detruire said:

@plumberg said: Sys-2-sat-32 france in stock...

If true it didn't last long.

Huh? I just tried ordering one... says available in France...

• DetruireDetruire Member
    edited December 2021

@plumberg said: Huh? I just tried ordering one... says available in France...

It's still showing as out of stock for me. :/

EDIT: Now showing in stock after a hard refresh of the page. The stock API response may have been cached.

• @Detruire said:

@plumberg said: Huh? I just tried ordering one... says available in France...

It's still showing as out of stock for me. :/

EDIT: Now showing in stock after a hard refresh of the page. The stock API response may have been cached.

Yh that happened to me b4

• Where do you people found that D-1541 is 30% faster that D-1540?

• @cabrunco said:
    Where do you people found that D-1541 is 30% faster that D-1540?

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-Xeon-D-1541-vs-Intel-Xeon-D-1540/2718vs2507

• @cabrunco said: Where do you people found that D-1541 is 30% faster that D-1540?

Probably looking at benchmarks like PassMark. Other benchmarks, like those done by STH show less of a difference.

• @Detruire said:

Probably looking at benchmarks like PassMark. Other benchmarks, like those done by STH show less of a difference.

But as we can see on passmark, the score are based on samples, and the less samples, the more higher are the margin for error of that score. According to cpubenchmark.net the D-1540 have "medium" margin for error, while D-1541 has "low" margin for error.

They are exactly the same architecture, same cache, same number of cores/threads. The only difference is 100Mhz more for D-1541, and this gives less of 5% difference.

• Just delivered mine in GRA. D-1541 with 4TBs HDD and network is normal 250Mbps.

The strange part is this server network is better than Game-LE on the same location. :neutral:

Thanked by 1digitalwicked
  • May I register for an account without ordering a server ?

• @chali said: May I register for an account without ordering a server ?

You can register via the order page without making an order. Just create the account and don't progress the order.

• @mrclown said: Just delivered mine in GRA. D-1541 with 4TBs HDD and network is normal 250Mbps.

Sexual.

Thanked by 1mrclown
  • ORDERED IN FR, DELIVERED IN GRA2 WITH 4X4TB + D1541.

SEXUAL.

No 1Gbps, but that's no big sqeal for me.

Thanked by 1mrclown
  • @Nekki said:
    ORDERED IN FR, DELIVERED IN GRA2 WITH 4X4TB + D1541.

SEXUAL.

With brand new drives?

• @fredo1664 said: With brand new drives?

Pretty much:

Not sure I've ever had a server with 5 days of power-on time before. This could go horrifically wrong.

• I have an invoice for SYS 2 sat that I haven’t paid. I finally managed to get a LE server from KS. Let me if anyone wants it. France DC.

• @Nekki said:
    ORDERED IN FR, DELIVERED IN GRA2 WITH 4X4TB + D1541.

SEXUAL.

Finally, you stop fucking on me. Good fucking to you, then.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • SYS-2-SAT-32 coming with 4x4TB is the most valuable item in range

Thanked by 3pbx plumberg tux
  • @bsh said:
    SYS-2-SAT-32 coming with 4x4TB is the most valuable item in range

FUCK YEAH!

• I ordered a SYS-2-SAT-32 server but it has not been delivered yet (and now it seems unavailable).
    I hope I won't have it on GRA because I have already a KS-LE in this datacenter

• @lebidule said:
    I ordered a SYS-2-SAT-32 server but it has not been delivered yet (and now it seems unavailable).

One of mines took 6 days to get delivered. Other one is in SBG, wasting 10ms latency. :(

• @bsh said:

@lebidule said:
    I ordered a SYS-2-SAT-32 server but it has not been delivered yet (and now it seems unavailable).

One of mines took 6 days to get delivered. Other one is in SBG, wasting 10ms latency. :(

If I receive a GRA server, we may swap ;)