Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[So you Start] New range released! - Page 33
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[So you Start] New range released!

Comments

• rivagerivage Member
    edited January 2022

Do all locations have 10g down for the SYS-2? I'd like to get one in BHS since it's closer to me.

• @rivage said:
    Do all locations have 10g down for the SYS-2? I'd like to get one in BHS since it's closer to me.

A lot of them have it at the moment, but its a gamble nothing guarantee

• @edoarudo5 said:
    SYS-1-SAT-32 France available. Got no luck with 16 TB. Will not order anymore for the lottery, LOL.

What do you guys do with servers that got "no luck"?
    Idle, use, cancel or refund?

• Some SYS-2-SSD-32 available now in France

• @fredo1664 said:
    Some SYS-2-SSD-32 available now in France

Only if we got 16TB with those, that'd be insane.

• @AXYZE said:

@edoarudo5 said:
    SYS-1-SAT-32 France available. Got no luck with 16 TB. Will not order anymore for the lottery, LOL.

I don't think SYS offer refund

• @wuck said:

@AXYZE said:

@edoarudo5 said:

They do in the UK :)

• @wuck said:

@AXYZE said:

@edoarudo5 said:

I think only if you havent setup the server or something. Thats what I read somewhere haven't tried that. However, they are happy to transfer the time to another server by cancelling the current one if you have more than one.

Thanked by 1craigb
  • @BarkingIron said:

@wuck said:

@AXYZE said:

@edoarudo5 said:

I think only if you havent setup the server or something. Thats what I read somewhere haven't tried that. However, they are happy to transfer the time to another server by cancelling the current one if you have more than one.

Yea thats what I did merged all the unused server time into one

• @wuck said:

@BarkingIron said:

@wuck said:

@AXYZE said:

@edoarudo5 said:

Yea thats what I did merged all the unused server time into one

I had two merged the other one into the 16TB one

• I was wondering if anyone managed to get ESXi 7 running on the D15xx servers? The template is not available in the manager (it is for the SYS-3-xxx). Something to do with the network drivers? I tried to install via IPMI but couldn't get the NIC to work.

• @fredo1664 said:
    I was wondering if anyone managed to get ESXi 7 running on the D15xx servers? The template is not available in the manager (it is for the SYS-3-xxx). Something to do with the network drivers? I tried to install via IPMI but couldn't get the NIC to work.

Well I tried again on the SYS-2-SSD-32 and the 10Gb NICs were detected out of the box... oh well.

• @fredo1664 said:

@fredo1664 said:
    I was wondering if anyone managed to get ESXi 7 running on the D15xx servers? The template is not available in the manager (it is for the SYS-3-xxx). Something to do with the network drivers? I tried to install via IPMI but couldn't get the NIC to work.

Well I tried again on the SYS-2-SSD-32 and the 10Gb NICs were detected out of the box... oh well.

How does this work? My sys2Sata32 has 2 nics active. How can I utilize both of them?

• @plumberg said:

@fredo1664 said:

@fredo1664 said:

How does this work? My sys2Sata32 has 2 nics active. How can I utilize both of them?

I don't think you can use them both. Only one of them is configured in OVH's network. I'd say they filter by MAC address, but it's just a guess.

• @fredo1664 said:

@plumberg said:

@fredo1664 said:

@fredo1664 said:

I don't think you can use them both. Only one of them is configured in OVH's network. I'd say they filter by MAC address, but it's just a guess.

makes sense... would be interesting if we can switch those around...

• NicholasOXINicholasOXI Member, Host Rep

After 24 days, ERI finally delivered a batch; two servers just deployed then - both 10gbp/s. One has capped upload (250mbp/s) but other is 10gbp/s duplex. Both 8TB, no 16TBs in this batch.

root@rescue:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-12-28                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Fri Jan 14 20:19:13 GMT 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU D-1541 @ 2.10GHz
    CPU cores  : 16 @ 803.527 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.2 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       :

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 0.00 KB/s        (0) | 0.00 KB/s        (0)
    Write      | 0.00 KB/s        (0) | 0.00 KB/s        (0)
    Total      | 0.00 KB/s        (0) | 0.00 KB/s        (0)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 0.00 KB/s        (0) | 0.00 KB/s        (0)
    Write      | 0.00 KB/s        (0) | 0.00 KB/s        (0)
    Total      | 0.00 KB/s        (0) | 0.00 KB/s        (0)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 8.66 Gbits/sec  | 4.66 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 8.75 Gbits/sec  | 5.79 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 9.35 Gbits/sec  | 8.38 Gbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (400M)          | 179 Mbits/sec   | 244 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.27 Gbits/sec  | 1.87 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.17 Gbits/sec  | 826 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 628 Mbits/sec   | 628 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 350 Mbits/sec   | 787 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 8.50 Gbits/sec  | 8.36 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 7.48 Gbits/sec  | 4.75 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | 5.01 Gbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (400M)          | 25.8 Mbits/sec  | 305 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.01 Gbits/sec  | 1.97 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 418 Mbits/sec   | 1.05 Gbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 735
    Multi Core      | 4969
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/12177616

• mhnmhn Member

SYS-2-SAT-32 UK in stock

• mhnmhn Member

It seems I got DDR4 instead of DDR3 on my SYS-2-SAT-32 UK. Is this normal or I won the SYS lottery?

• bshbsh Member

Normal as usual

• Hey there!
    today they restocked SYS-2-SAT-32 but only in France and it was out of stock within minutes.
    I wanted to wait for fresh restock in Germany but don't know if this will happen anytime soon.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@Astro said:

What do you mean by adding time ie. time equivalent to amount paid for that server's remaining period ? ie. If you have server with $60 price and later buy a $30 server, on cancelling first server for one month, will they add 2 months to your $30 server ?

• @Saahib said:

@Astro said:

What do you mean by adding time ie. time equivalent to amount paid for that server's remaining period ? ie. If you have server with $60 price and later buy a $30 server, on cancelling first server for one month, will they add 2 months to your $30 server ?

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

Let's say you have already a server with a 3 month payment on it, if you get a new one and want to get rid of the previous one they will transfer the time to your new server (they delete the server and transfer time after your confirmation) but you loose additional IP

• @wuck said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

Let's say you have already a server with a 3 month payment on it, if you get a new one and want to get rid of the previous one they will transfer the time to your new server (they delete the server and transfer time after your confirmation) but you loose additional IP

You can’t transfer failover IPs to a new server?

• wuckwuck Member
    edited January 2022

@darkimmortal said:

@wuck said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

@darkimmortal said:

@wuck said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

No, I did it with a server that had 1 additional IP and they asked to confirm that I was okay with loosing that failover ip

• @wuck said:

@darkimmortal said:

@wuck said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

@darkimmortal said:

@wuck said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

No, I did it with a server that had 1 additional IP and they asked to confirm that I was okay with loosing that failover ip

When you have both servers, before you ask anything, can't you just transfer the failover IP to the new server, and only then create your ticket to ask to cancel the first server?

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • Just to give you guys a heads up:

Like others suspected, they appear to fix some of the networks that work above advertised:

I got a SYS-2-SAT-32 in WAW in December.
    It had 10gbit up/down after it was deployed (see my post here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3349367/#Comment_3349367)

Now I noticed some network performance hit the last few days, so I ran YABS again - and see there - now its "only" 250mbit/10gbit (up/down).

YABS in December:

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 4.97 Gbits/sec | 6.12 Gbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 6.60 Gbits/sec | 6.62 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | busy
    WebHorizon | Singapore (1G) | 140 Mbits/sec | 337 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 1.71 Gbits/sec | 1.65 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 974 Mbits/sec | 1.30 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 760 Mbits/sec | 1.00 Gbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 354 Mbits/sec | 660 Mbits/sec

YABS 27th January:

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 259 Mbits/sec | 5.45 Gbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 259 Mbits/sec | 5.09 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | busy
    WebHorizon | Singapore (400M) | 204 Mbits/sec | 461 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 246 Mbits/sec | 1.63 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 232 Mbits/sec | 1.13 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 195 Mbits/sec | 471 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 218 Mbits/sec | 665 Mbits/sec

That 10gbit down is still nice, but I have a feeling they will fix that too in the future...

• @fredo1664 said:

@wuck said:

@darkimmortal said:

@wuck said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

@darkimmortal said:

@wuck said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

@Saahib said:

@Astro said:

When you have both servers, before you ask anything, can't you just transfer the failover IP to the new server, and only then create your ticket to ask to cancel the first server?

Well I had both server when I asked to transfer the time over they did specify at first that the ip would not go over. So I assume this isn't an option might want to ticket them to make sure

• Well I had both server when I asked to transfer the time over they did specify at first that the ip would not go over. So I assume this isn't an option might want to ticket them to make sure

What I don't get is that in SYS you can move failover IPs between servers for free without a ticket. In the interface in the IP section, there is an option, when you click on the little thingy at the right of the IP. I've moved many FO IPs between servers. I don't understand, if you first move the IP, why it would be lost when the first server, which no longer has the IP allocated, is cancelled. If I ever try to transfer 'time' from a server to another, I guess I'll try that!

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @fredo1664 said:

failover IPs can't be moved between regions. so if one server is in germany and the other one in uk, you cannot take those IPs with you. if both are in the same country, then it's not a problem, to move the IPs over before anything else.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@wuck said:

Means, even if your previous server with 3 months on it was twice the price of current server, you will still get 3 months on new server?