Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How sketchy is BuyVM? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How sketchy is BuyVM?

Comments

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@jar said:

@seriesn said:
    Some of y’all got way too much free time.

I take a lot of shits.

On company time?

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:
    I take a lot of shits.

What percentage of those are taken at a customer's doorstep? Asking for a friend (which is an MXRoute customer).

Thanked by 1jar
  • mike1smike1s Member

@seriesn said:
    Some of y’all got way too much free time.

I decided to become a professional shitposter.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@DataIdeas-Josh said: On company time?

Best way to do it

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

@jar said:

Best way to do it

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, that's why I shit on company time.

@MannDude said:

@jar said:

Best way to do it

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, that's why I shit on company time.

psh.... not original. :(

Thanked by 2jar MannDude
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited July 2021

@mike1s said:

@Daniel15 said:

@serv_ee said:

@rcy026 said:

@codelock said:
    Let's be honest here tor does more harm then good

So does guns, but a lot of people seem to support them anyway.

Guns don't do any harm what so ever.

Uhhh... what? How do you think mass shootings happen?

Guns are a tool explicitly designed to kill something. Not sure how that'd ever correspond to them not "do[ing] any harm"

People don't just use guns to kill. There's shooting sports... Also a criminal is going to kill no matter what tool they have, whether that be a car, gun, knife, bomb, or whatever... China has lots of issues with mass stabbings, and London has issues with acid attacks. A gun is merely a tool. Criminals will commit crimes no matter what you do. Laws only make law-abiding citizens behave.

France has issues with, what, baguette impalement?

• From a quick bit of DuckDuckGo:

The UN’s Global Study on Homicide from 2013 cites that between 2005 and 2012, zero percent of violent deaths in Iceland were caused by a firearm. In the United States in the same time period, the rate of violent deaths caused by firearms was between 58-61%.
    .. That’s 90,000 guns for 330,000 people. Roughly a third, so chances are if you are in a room with ten Icelanders, about two or three of them are gun owners. In the United States, by contrast, there are far more guns per household but the rate of gun ownership is just a little above one third, so similar to Iceland.

In spite of this high rate of civilian gun ownership, Iceland still has one of the lowest crime rates in the world.

What did I say about giving idiots the means? Heavily restrict access, period. Semi and full automatic weapons have only one purpose, no mistake.
    (BTW, I quite like a bit of target/skeet shooting given the opportunity. Just as well I don't own a gun, otherwise I'd be locked up long ago for exacting revenge on mental/ignorant neighbours.)

Thanked by 2Daniel15 dahartigan
  • @Shot2 said: .. London has issues with acid attacks..

Thankfully that 'fad' appears to have subsided.

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

@AlwaysSkint said: Thankfully that 'fad' appears to have subsided.

As far as i know there were restrictions on strong acids.
    Stabbings are on the rise, though.
    It is ridiculous to restrict knives but it is not ridiculous to restrict AR-15. One idiot can stab only so many people before he is stopped, they also need to get close, an idiot with a semi-automatic weapon can kill hundreds if he is in the right balcony within 1 mile radius from a concert and the weapon has a number of "add-ons". The resulting panic can "help" with even more victims than the actual bullets.
    Also, the icelanders dont have military grade guns.
    Also, the military has tanks, RPGs, attack helicopters, fighter planes, Stinger missiles or similar, if "we, the people" are organizing as a militia to resist tyranny from DC, then we should demand the same weapons.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said: Also, the military has tanks, RPGs, attack helicopters, fighter planes, Stinger missiles or similar, if "we, the people" are organizing as a militia to resist tyranny from DC, then we should demand the same weapons.

Only part of your message I can 100% agree with.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Harambe said: attack helicopters

...helicopter rides?

Only in a thread about BuyVM can it turn into a discussion about gun rights. Just need to mix in some abortion debate and we got a truly flaming dumpster fire.

Francisco

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said: abortion
    @Francisco said: dumpster

Calm down there, Planned Parenthood.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Harambe said: Calm down there, Planned Parenthood.

Build-A-Bear had a great business model and they seem to still thrive in malls. Unfortunately the business model didn't carry over well to the adoption industry.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2021

@Maounique said: .. if "we, the people" are organizing as a militia to resist tyranny from DC..

Hang about, I thought I read somewhere that USA was the great democracy, not like the fanatical hordes that can be seen around the World. Here was me thinking only "backward" countries have militia, such as the Middle East, Mid America, South Eastern Asia, Africa etc. How stupid I am: I forgot y'all think it's still the lawless Wild West Frontier where it's fun to kill native species. Feck, how many years ago did that kick off?

Suggested reading/listening/watching, with subtitles is useful for emphasis:
    Roger Waters - The Bravery Of Being Out Of Range

Meanwhile, back at the ranch..
    How's business, Fran? ;)

Thanked by 2Maounique bulbasaur
  • mike1smike1s Member

We just need @William in here to truly talk about guns!

• @Daniel15 said:

@serv_ee said:

@rcy026 said:

@codelock said:
    Let's be honest here tor does more harm then good

So does guns, but a lot of people seem to support them anyway.

Guns don't do any harm what so ever.

Uhhh... what? How do you think mass shootings happen?

Guns are a tool explicitly designed to kill something. Not sure how that'd ever correspond to them not "do[ing] any harm"

Guns themselves don't do shit. It's the idiots that use them. I got guns my own and you don't see me running around causing mass shootings do you now.

Thanked by 2mike1s bruh21
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Anyway... BuyVM, 10//10. Good service, will buy again. Ponies are cute.

Every host has bad customers ... check AWS and the bots running there bruteforcing WP all day. Doesn't mean they are at fault or a bad provider.

Just block the traffic and move on. Follow decent sec practices.

Better moderation always welcome. Thread heavily turned, almost a 180 degrees.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2021

@jar said: @DataIdeas-Josh said: On company time?

Best way to do it

@jar while he worked for me.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

@Hxxx said: Thread heavily turned, almost a 180 degrees.

Yep, from criticizing BuyVM to the praising choir. Mission complete, next!

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Chill.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@Hxxx said:
    Chill.

Good luck with that

Thanked by 1Hxxx

@qps said:

@jar said: @DataIdeas-Josh said: On company time?

Best way to do it

@jar while he worked for me.

You're my family and I love you, but you're terrible. You're all terrible.

Francisco

Thanked by 2jar ChrisMiller
  • titustitus Member

I really like the AbuseIPDB. It help me a lot to identify & block the malicious (port scanner, etc) IP networks, ranges, for example these:
    https://www.abuseipdb.com/check-block/5.188.206.0/24
    https://www.abuseipdb.com/check-block/31.210.20.0/24

(If the firewall script or solution block one IP of them for 'port scanning' or other reason, little later they continue the probes from the next IP from the same IP range. Easier way and effective to 'block' the whole range).

If an IP address got ~2000 report from ~300 different source, I think, it can't be an "accident". It mean a constant 'attack' from the same source.

Big companies (AWS, DO, GCloud, etc) not really worry, or not very effective about to handle the abuse activities on their own network. I sent manually only 2-3 email/'abuse form' to them (GCloud, AWS) in the last year, but never got reply. AbuseIPDB can help to the 'small-medium' (end)users - like me - to make public the complaints, and identify the malicious sources.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@titus said: (If the firewall script or solution block one IP of them for 'port scanning' or other reason, little later they continue the probes from the next IP from the same IP range. Easier way and effective to 'block' the whole range).

I don't remember the block, it is likely still in my firewall drop list though..

I watched a group use a /16 to do a port scan on one of my systems...

Each port was done by a different IP address.. Had to give them credit for likely avoiding majority of the port-scan detection stuff..

I'm using honey-pot IP addresses now.. Something its the IP it blocks the IP and some of it's neighbours.

Thanked by 1titus
  • Fuck my brain hurts after skimming this thread...

@jugganuts said:
    Fuck my brain hurts after skimming this thread...

on a scale of 1 to dumpster, how many aborted Maounique's have you taken to planned Gunhood?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@jugganuts said:
    Fuck my brain hurts after skimming this thread...

on a scale of 1 to dumpster, how many aborted Maounique's have you taken to planned Gunhood?

Francisco

$7