Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How sketchy is BuyVM? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How sketchy is BuyVM?

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Instructions unclear. Bought more slices and donated to the Tor project.

• @rcy026 said:

@codelock said:
    Let's be honest here tor does more harm then good

So does guns, but a lot of people seem to support them anyway.

Guns don't do any harm what so ever.

• What I see on the receiving end is that 99,99% you get at your abuse@ is just automated spam, if you really have something that needs action solve 3 captchas and include a video how you hula hoop maybe then I read it.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2021

@codelock said: .. tor does more harm then good

Eh?

@serv_ee said: Guns don't do any harm what so ever.

That's a poor justification. Give an idiot the means..

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @AlwaysSkint said:

Eh?

Tor is like Hitler, if you are out of arguments you throw that in the ring. And I don't think that Tor will ever go away, to many goverments still use it to cover their stuff and on the other side you have gov teams that try to deanonymize Tor users. Without Tor both sides would have to search for new hobbys and that will not happen.

• @user54321 said: Tor is like Hitler.

You what?!
    I suggest that you pay attention before making replies. My comment was on the nonsensical ".... tor does more harm then good". If you need a clue, then read my sig. FFS.

• @user54321 said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Eh?

Tor is like Hitler, if you are out of arguments you throw that in the ring. And I don't think that Tor will ever go away, to many goverments still use it to cover their stuff and on the other side you have gov teams that try to deanonymize Tor users. Without Tor both sides would have to search for new hobbys and that will not happen.

What the...

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • You guys don't seem to know Godwin's law and Tor is like Hitler in that case, not in a general case

Thanked by 2vedran vimalware
  • @user54321 said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Eh?

• to clarify, if you throw Tor in the discussion you lost because you don't understand the benefits of Tor and not that Tor is as bad as Hitler

• defaultdefault Veteran

So... Hitler actually used Tor?

• @default said:

Hitler invented Tor

• defaultdefault Veteran

@jar said:
    Lol @default

Still all shit talk and no substance. My sincerest apologies for interrupting your constant stream of thread-agnostic drama by offering my honest, detailed, and transparent thoughts on the topic at hand. See you in the next thread I guess. Same topic of course, need you to be on top of that.

I do not care about your "honest, detailed and transparent thoughts on the topic at hand", because this thread is not about you. If you would have worked for this company... I would see your opinion with completely different eyes, but you didn't, so to me your opinion is like... meh... whatever. Opinions are free, but not mandatory.

Respect for MXRoute, and that's about it. I strongly hope MXRoute is not connected with Fran.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@serv_ee said:

@default said:

Hitler invented Tor

Damn. The end is nigh.

• @default said:

@serv_ee said:

@default said:

Hitler invented Tor

Damn. The end is nigh.

He's still living in Argentina updating the protocol.

The more you know.

• Some people are just so... dense. :|

• defaultdefault Veteran

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Some people are just so... dense. :|

True point. Density influences gravity, making dense people be more attractive, like Hitler, or like @Francisco

I can not understand how dense Tor would be; being a protocol which guides particles with encrypted data for communication.

• mirocmiroc Member

very sketchy, they dont double your bandwidth :(

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @miroc said:
    very sketchy, they dont double your bandwidth :(

Wow.. we've doubled your unlimited bandwidth..

• @chocolateshirt said: Wow.. we've doubled your unlimited bandwidth..

What and how much bandwidth is provided for my slice?
    The rule-of-thumb for WAN (internet-facing connections) is 100Mbit/s of 24/7 usage per every 4GB of memory with a purchased slice. We do, however, allow our customers to “burst” their usage up to 1Gbit/s during times of lower network use across the entire node. Internal (private) networks do not have these bandwidth limitations, and can take advantage of our 40Gbit/s LAN for routing traffic between slices within the same datacenter.

• @Hotmarer said:
    The rule-of-thumb for WAN (internet-facing connections) is 100Mbit/s of 24/7 usage per every 4GB of memory with a purchased slice.

Neighbors must be respected.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

Well, I am happy BuyVM stands for free speech and Tor. I have been banned for advocating for Tor against their unsubstantiated claims.
    I run Tor at home too, albeit not exit (except for some ports in one case and rest only relays and bridges).
    I am really glad they changed stance but this does not mean they should attack otehr providers.
    There is no justification for this:
    1. The real customers were making enough of a case against the provider;
    2. Nobody here needs a nanny to explain them the risks of using a low end host especially since it was about to crumble for nine years or so;
    3. BuyVM had no new info, could not contribute anything, just came to create atmosphere and be sure there is no coming back, thus not only trying to buryt he competition, but also the credit of people.

That has nothing to do with hating anything, I went defensive when immediately after starting that criticism, AlexVolk started to praise buyvm and attack prometeus on every thread i was posting and the TL;DR crowd missed that and said I am not letting go.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited July 2021

@default said:

Nein, he used Fenster. Fenster 45.

• @serv_ee said:

@rcy026 said:

@codelock said:

By that logic, heroin doesn't, either.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @default said:

@jar said:
    Lol @default

Still all shit talk and no substance. My sincerest apologies for interrupting your constant stream of thread-agnostic drama by offering my honest, detailed, and transparent thoughts on the topic at hand. See you in the next thread I guess. Same topic of course, need you to be on top of that.

I do not care about your "honest, detailed and transparent thoughts on the topic at hand", because this thread is not about you.

Then why the fuck are you even here? You don't work there and are not contributing to the actual fucking topic. People care a lot more about jar's relevant industry experience than your whiny bullshit.

You're delusional.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited July 2021

@serv_ee said:

@rcy026 said:

@codelock said:

Uhhh... what? How do you think mass shootings happen?

Guns are a tool explicitly designed to kill something. Not sure how that'd ever correspond to them not "do[ing] any harm"

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

And here we go.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited July 2021

@Daniel15 said:

@serv_ee said:

@rcy026 said:

@codelock said:

Uhhh... what? How do you think mass shootings happen?

Guns are a tool explicitly designed to kill something. Not sure how that'd ever correspond to them not "do[ing] any harm"

People don't just use guns to kill. There's shooting sports... Also a criminal is going to kill no matter what tool they have, whether that be a car, gun, knife, bomb, or whatever... China has lots of issues with mass stabbings, and London has issues with acid attacks. A gun is merely a tool. Criminals will commit crimes no matter what you do. Laws only make law-abiding citizens behave.

Thanked by 1dystopia
  • Some of y’all got way too much free time.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@seriesn said:
    Some of y’all got way too much free time.

I take a lot of shits.

Thanked by 3ChrisMiller wdmg Hxxx