Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kvm 2xE5-2680v4/2gb ddr4/50gb nvme+3.6tb hdd raid10- located in Bucharest ! Telia upstream ! - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kvm 2xE5-2680v4/2gb ddr4/50gb nvme+3.6tb hdd raid10- located in Bucharest ! Telia upstream !

Comments

• @Francisco said:

@TimboJones said:

@jokjok said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jokjok said:
    This is not funny anymore. I mean I get that some problems could happen but a small announcement takes them 2 minutes to do. My whole website is closed because of this and my users are bugging me to open it. This is very unprofessional. I can't give an estimated time, nothing. Should I wait, should I move on? Also I will use 1 weeks of content cause my last backup is from 1 week ago.

You need to realize that his ( @cociu ) service is for testing/seeding/backups of backups of backups. It is NOT to be used for anything in production.

Get your backup, move your site to a more reliable provider.

Well my production site is on hetzner, but I moved my attachments to host solutions. I thought what could go wrong in a storage facility? I dont need cpu, ram or high load of network. Just a simple storage for my attachments. Now my site doesnt work because all of the images and files are not there (and I dont do any shady stuff like filesharing, dmca stuff, everything legal!).

This is very disappointing, not that stuff can go wrong, but getting no response is a problem. Man up and explain and we are behind you but like letting us sit in the dark is really a d*ck move to us.

Dude, move on already! You didn't do due diligence before and now you've found they're not reliable, so move if you need things to work. If it doesn't come up, then you've not wasted any more time. If it does come up again, you can get the missing week of content.

But if you're still thinking of keeping your stuff there, we can't help you.

So then..

That issue he had where he claims he had a large dedicated reseller doing illegal stuff, and Interpol came by and took everything offline.

did he ever post the warrant online? Or is it smelling like a billing outage?

Francisco

Hard to say, I wouldn't post a warrant in the public, most likely, either. It's also plausible to cut the whole DC upstream if there were multiple servers needing to be found that would take time to find. Police searches are blunt and not by cyber experts.

But you might be right. Maybe court documents might shed some light on the timeline.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said:

@TimboJones said:

@jokjok said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jokjok said:
    This is not funny anymore. I mean I get that some problems could happen but a small announcement takes them 2 minutes to do. My whole website is closed because of this and my users are bugging me to open it. This is very unprofessional. I can't give an estimated time, nothing. Should I wait, should I move on? Also I will use 1 weeks of content cause my last backup is from 1 week ago.

You need to realize that his ( @cociu ) service is for testing/seeding/backups of backups of backups. It is NOT to be used for anything in production.

Well my production site is on hetzner, but I moved my attachments to host solutions. I thought what could go wrong in a storage facility? I dont need cpu, ram or high load of network. Just a simple storage for my attachments. Now my site doesnt work because all of the images and files are not there (and I dont do any shady stuff like filesharing, dmca stuff, everything legal!).

This is very disappointing, not that stuff can go wrong, but getting no response is a problem. Man up and explain and we are behind you but like letting us sit in the dark is really a d*ck move to us.

Dude, move on already! You didn't do due diligence before and now you've found they're not reliable, so move if you need things to work. If it doesn't come up, then you've not wasted any more time. If it does come up again, you can get the missing week of content.

So then..

That issue he had where he claims he had a large dedicated reseller doing illegal stuff, and Interpol came by and took everything offline.

Francisco

146 dedicated servers confiscated directly was it? xD

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@stefeman said:

@Francisco said:

@TimboJones said:

@jokjok said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jokjok said:

So then..

Francisco

Something like that? I heard “at least 2 racks”.

Francisco

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said:

@stefeman said:

@Francisco said:

@TimboJones said:

@jokjok said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jokjok said:

So then..

Francisco

Something like that? I heard “at least 2 racks”.

Francisco

It seems like I remembered wrong.. It was "just" 75 dedicated servers directly operated by the disgusting fucks.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3146210/#Comment_3146210
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3146216/#Comment_3146216

At the same time he introduced new transit provider as seen in the later comments on that thread, and for some reason he was still against of blowing it out of proportion by saying that no need to re-install anything even after the DC was supposedly raided in almost military gear and some external hardware was installed briefly by the investigators.

Funny thing is, if there was such a big incident, how is there no news coverage of it lol.

I mean.. a fucking 75 dedicated servers operated by a same culprit.. that operation apparently had more resources in its disposal than majority of the hosts on this site.. Shutting down an illegal operation of such nature of that size should be in every single newspaper out there.

Thanked by 2Demindiro TimboJones
  • JioJio Member

@stefeman said: I mean.. a fucking 75 dedicated servers operated by a same culprit.. that operation apparently had more resources in its disposal than majority of the hosts on this site.. Shutting down an illegal operation of such nature of that size should be in every single newspaper out there.

this is very likely to be a single website...

• @Merlincool said:
    my KVM 1TB went down today or yesterday not sure (It was up yesterday Evening, not sure if it went down overnight or today morning couple of hours ago). Any ETA for been up?

Mine is still down 5 days later.

Cociu, any news?

• @Butine25 said:

@Merlincool said:
    my KVM 1TB went down today or yesterday not sure (It was up yesterday Evening, not sure if it went down overnight or today morning couple of hours ago). Any ETA for been up?

Cociu, any news?

I guess it's everyone and not just us. Gotta wait for some news to crack. Just keep following lowendtalk

• _FBi_FBi Member
    edited May 2021

Has anyone heard of host-world.com?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@_FBi said:
    Has anyone heard of host-world.com?

No, and they are very overpriced. Probably some kind of reseller

• PixelsPixels Member

@Merlincool said:

@Butine25 said:

@Merlincool said:

Cociu, any news?

I guess it's everyone and not just us. Gotta wait for some news to crack. Just keep following lowendtalk

Am I the only one with a working server right now? (Storage box - Oradea)

I guess I should consider myself lucky. Still worrisome that cociu went radio silent.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Pixels said:
    Am I the only one with a working server right now? (Storage box - Oradea)

I guess I should consider myself lucky. Still worrisome that cociu went radio silent.

Only some storage servers went down. Rest of services are up and running.

Thanked by 1Pixels
  • skorousskorous Member

@default said:

There's at least an argument that my 4c 4gig 400gig is a storage box but what about my 1c 512M 25G ( both of which are down )?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@skorous said:

@default said:

There's at least an argument that my 4c 4gig 400gig is a storage box but what about my 1c 512M 25G ( both of which are down )?

Then I was wrong.

• skorousskorous Member

I think you're mostly right. NVMe seems good. Most SSD similar. Anything using HDD is hosed.

• _FBi_FBi Member

could someone PM me a server that would be idle for hosting a VPN server? 1-2GB ram, ssd or NVME 10-20 GB, 1-10Gbps node.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@_FBi said: could someone PM me a server that would be idle for hosting a VPN server? 1-2GB ram, ssd or NVME 10-20 GB, 1-10Gbps node.

You don't need that much RAM for a VPN server, and you could run one off a floppy drive. It's all kernel and network.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@raindog308 said:

@_FBi said: could someone PM me a server that would be idle for hosting a VPN server? 1-2GB ram, ssd or NVME 10-20 GB, 1-10Gbps node.

You don't need that much RAM for a VPN server, and you could run one off a floppy drive. It's all kernel and network.

Or just settle for a lifetime deal from StackSocial and be on your way.

• _FBi_FBi Member

No I host my own VPNs and OpenVPN uses PHP and MySQL, so some RAM is helpful.
    Thanks for the input.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@_FBi said: OpenVPN uses PHP

what
    No it doesn't

• @Daniel15 said:

@_FBi said: OpenVPN uses PHP

what
    No it doesn't

OpenVPN configuration manager written on PHP + MySQL

Thanked by 1_FBi
  • _FBi_FBi Member

Mine does.

• pierrepierre Member

Hello Sisters!

Today we are showcasing all the lies passed around by @cociu, and his brand, HostSolutions.

Please sit back and enjoy all of it!

• ps20090ps20090 Member
    edited May 2021

@pierre said: Please sit back and enjoy all of it!

There were some quotes in some of his offer page I can't find where I read it, but like he wants to change reputation of HostSolutions and make like support tickets timing really low (for his standard lol), I think under 1 hour to get your tickets answered.

Thanked by 2pierre lentro
  • pierrepierre Member

Hoping to see his 2680v4's up for auction, or for sale. Been looking for some new servers in Europe without paying the hefty import and shipping costs.

I expect a local sister to buy it all, so he can finally throw up his Ryzen offers.

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@ps20090 said:
    There were some quotes in some of his offer page I can't find where I read it, but like he wants to change reputation of HostSolutions and make like support tickets timing really low (for his standard lol), I think under 1 hour to get your tickets answered.

Yes, I remember that too.

• pierrepierre Member

@cociu, are you accepting investors or a potential buy-out?

I’d be interested, as it seems like you’ve got some nice hardware, just terrible morals and business practices.

PM me.

• ps20090ps20090 Member
    edited May 2021

@pierre said: I’d be interested, as it seems like you’ve got some nice hardware, just terrible morals and business practices.

Yikes, Roast of Cociu. I need Comedy Central special show about it.

• pierrepierre Member
    edited May 2021

@ps20090 said:

Yikes, Roast of Cociu. I need Comedy Central special show about it.

Interview with Cociu on the LET/LEB YouTube channel? He can tell everyone what's happening with HostSolutions, and everyone's data!

• Well... He beat my estimate by over 15 days 🤣

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
This discussion has been closed.