Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kvm 2xE5-2680v4/2gb ddr4/50gb nvme+3.6tb hdd raid10- located in Bucharest ! Telia upstream ! - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kvm 2xE5-2680v4/2gb ddr4/50gb nvme+3.6tb hdd raid10- located in Bucharest ! Telia upstream !

Comments

• Well this week I was supposed to pay my bill... Any recommendation for a 2tb vps?

• henixhenix Member

Mine is also dead (45.14.x.x)

Lowend drama incoming. I love it

• @12938450 said:
    Well this week I was supposed to pay my bill... Any recommendation for a 2tb vps?

Time4vps VERY STABLE, with them since 2017 and have faced no downtime, having 4TB x 1 and 2TB x 2 (Total 3 services and no downtime since day one), Totally reliable.

Thanked by 112938450
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@12938450 said:
    Well this week I was supposed to pay my bill... Any recommendation for a 2tb vps?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3231110/#Comment_3231110

Thanked by 112938450
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

Does anyone know what killed @cociu business? Was it Chia plotting?

• @12938450 said:

@hotlineservers perhaps

Thanked by 112938450
  • _FBi_FBi Member

I run VPN servers, so DMCA is an annoyance. I found some of the listed VPS providers suspend your services before I could investigate and respond.

• zappatazappata Member

Hm. Should I consider that all data is lost?! :/

Thanked by 1Sanjue007
  • veltonvelton Member

OMG .. now only i read all this. my vps was down like 2 days.

• @default said: Does anyone know what killed @cociu business?

A lack of grammar, and of course, sisters.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • GaryGary Member

@default said:
    Does anyone know what killed @cociu business? Was it Chia plotting?

With the performance of mine, before it died (2 weeks before renewal, so I can't complain really) good luck plotting chia on it. You could farm ready-made plots on it, potentially, but I dread to think how slow it'd be when plotting.

• Popcorns ready. @terrahost Do you have anything drama worthy to share with us? Are they keeping up with the colocation fees, or you're stuck with a bunch of E5 2450L's ready to end up as ewaste?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Dude should just sell his faster-than-light wormhole GRE tunneling tech, pay that invoice right off.

Francisco

• FreekFreek Member

@Francisco said:
    Dude should just sell his faster-than-light wormhole GRE tunneling tech, pay that invoice right off.

Francisco

I, for one, understood that reference

• @stefeman said:

@mountyPython said:
    You could've saved yourself 7 euros. The filing is listed for free under Netsilvania company details. And of course they are the debtor, why else would I post it?

Anything for drama.. Besides it gives access to briefs and resolutions as seen above. We can watch the shit go down real time on 21th May.

First sign you need to get out more. :p

Thanked by 2bdl pike
  • @TimboJones said:

@stefeman said:

@mountyPython said:
    You could've saved yourself 7 euros. The filing is listed for free under Netsilvania company details. And of course they are the debtor, why else would I post it?

Anything for drama.. Besides it gives access to briefs and resolutions as seen above. We can watch the shit go down real time on 21th May.

First sign you need to get out more. :p

I agree.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • debaserdebaser Member

@Francisco said:

The writing was on the wall when he secretly started moving host servers from Oradea to Bucharest. I do think GTS was one of his dark fiber providers.

• swat4swat4 Member

:) People are realisitic.

When cociu is doing a lot of give-aways in the last BF, everyone was cheering.

Now?

Well..... We all look for cheap hosting solutions so why we are here. Who dislikes cheap stuff anyway?

However, every business needs sustainable profit to survive. If something is too good to be true, mostly it isn't.

I am not a customer of cociu and definitely not defending for him - but - if you want your host to stay for years, please don't expect unrealistic cost.

Thanked by 1masdani
  • pikepike Veteran

@zappata said:
    Hm. Should I consider that all data is lost?! :/

Man you should have considered that the very moment you downloaded them to that server. Funny dude.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Here's to livin' la vida lowend loca!

Thanked by 2Sanjue007 FrankZ
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
  • ps20090ps20090 Member

@cociu said: will be added between today . Next after the ip adress.

Where are you now that I need ya?

• momkinmomkin Member

@ps20090 said:

@cociu said: will be added between today . Next after the ip adress.

Where are you now that I need ya?

His working on setup Ryzen nodes , they will be ready Soon, don't worry :)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • jokjokjokjok Member
    edited May 2021

This is not funny anymore. I mean I get that some problems could happen but a small announcement takes them 2 minutes to do. My whole website is closed because of this and my users are bugging me to open it. This is very unprofessional. I can't give an estimated time, nothing. Should I wait, should I move on? Also I will lose 1 weeks of content cause my last backup is from 1 week ago.

• @jokjok said:
    This is not funny anymore. I mean I get that some problems could happen but a small announcement takes them 2 minutes to do. My whole website is closed because of this and my users are bugging me to open it. This is very unprofessional. I can't give an estimated time, nothing. Should I wait, should I move on? Also I will use 1 weeks of content cause my last backup is from 1 week ago.

You need to realize that his ( @cociu ) service is for testing/seeding/backups of backups of backups. It is NOT to be used for anything in production.

Get your backup, move your site to a more reliable provider.

• bjobjo Member

Even unusable for backups of backups.

• chipchip Member

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jokjok said:
    This is not funny anymore. I mean I get that some problems could happen but a small announcement takes them 2 minutes to do. My whole website is closed because of this and my users are bugging me to open it. This is very unprofessional. I can't give an estimated time, nothing. Should I wait, should I move on? Also I will use 1 weeks of content cause my last backup is from 1 week ago.

You need to realize that his ( @cociu ) service is for testing/seeding/backups of backups of backups. It is NOT to be used for anything in production.

I second this @seriesn (nexusbytes) is for production stuff (there are other reputable providers here)

But host solutions is known for being unreliable but extremely cheap (not something that goes well with production stuff)

Chip

• jokjokjokjok Member

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jokjok said:

Well my production site is on hetzner, but I moved my attachments to host solutions. I thought what could go wrong in a storage facility? I dont need cpu, ram or high load of network. Just a simple storage for my attachments. Now my site doesnt work because all of the images and files are not there (and I dont do any shady stuff like filesharing, dmca stuff, everything legal!).

This is very disappointing, not that stuff can go wrong, but getting no response is a problem. Man up and explain and we are behind you but like letting us sit in the dark is really a d*ck move to us.

• @jokjok said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jokjok said:

Well my production site is on hetzner, but I moved my attachments to host solutions. I thought what could go wrong in a storage facility? I dont need cpu, ram or high load of network. Just a simple storage for my attachments. Now my site doesnt work because all of the images and files are not there (and I dont do any shady stuff like filesharing, dmca stuff, everything legal!).

This is very disappointing, not that stuff can go wrong, but getting no response is a problem. Man up and explain and we are behind you but like letting us sit in the dark is really a d*ck move to us.

Dude, move on already! You didn't do due diligence before and now you've found they're not reliable, so move if you need things to work. If it doesn't come up, then you've not wasted any more time. If it does come up again, you can get the missing week of content.

But if you're still thinking of keeping your stuff there, we can't help you.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@TimboJones said:

@jokjok said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jokjok said:

Dude, move on already! You didn't do due diligence before and now you've found they're not reliable, so move if you need things to work. If it doesn't come up, then you've not wasted any more time. If it does come up again, you can get the missing week of content.

But if you're still thinking of keeping your stuff there, we can't help you.

So then..

That issue he had where he claims he had a large dedicated reseller doing illegal stuff, and Interpol came by and took everything offline.

did he ever post the warrant online? Or is it smelling like a billing outage?

Francisco

This discussion has been closed.