Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kvm 2xE5-2680v4/2gb ddr4/50gb nvme+3.6tb hdd raid10- located in Bucharest ! Telia upstream ! - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kvm 2xE5-2680v4/2gb ddr4/50gb nvme+3.6tb hdd raid10- located in Bucharest ! Telia upstream !

Comments

• @pierre said:

If you get the point across does it matter really matter?

yes! If you are marketing to a international customer base then it should be a concern. just my opinion though.

• skorousskorous Member

I will buy from cociu once he starts using Grammarly or auto-correct. It's free and will make him seem far more professional. I understand English isn't his first language, but he's been on this forum for a couple of years typing like this, and no one has said anything?

All the talk of sisters, etc... yet for you grammar is what makes him unprofessional. Interesting...................

• ps20090ps20090 Member

Cociu what was the problem though?

• jamesrjamesr Member

@cociu said: I have been ignoring this thread because my team has been working to find a solution to resolve this nightmare but after weeks of testing with a similar config we cannot replicate what has happened with these 3 nodes

(improved the above English :D )

So if I understand this correctly (and please, do correct me if I'm wrong), you've known about this issue for "weeks" but didn't inform customers directly via any channel? You've just let them raise tickets and have them sit unanswered. Will you be informing customers directly now?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited May 2021

"Superiority by better English" ... how poor and uncool.

Btw, I laud @cociu for not using grammarly who walzed over everyone with a merciless spam terror campaign; one could e.g. hardly watch any youtube video without being grammarly spam raped. Those a__holes shouldn't be recommended but bankrupted.

I suggest to limit criticism of cociu to real problems like e.g. no support reaction for days.

• pierrepierre Member

Sorry sisters, I'll go buy now and support him even if he doesn't use Grammarly.

• mike1smike1s Member

@skorous said:

I will buy from cociu once he starts using Grammarly or auto-correct. It's free and will make him seem far more professional. I understand English isn't his first language, but he's been on this forum for a couple of years typing like this, and no one has said anything?

All the talk of sisters, etc... yet for you grammar is what makes him unprofessional. Interesting...................

this. I wish the whole community would drop the sister jokes, it's not really funny anymore.

• mxvinmxvin Member
    edited May 2021

@jabashque @BBTN
    So random hangs while making IO is a thing... :| I've encounter this like 3 times this year but no kern logs shows on VNC, just immediate hang.
    now my vm is stuck on booting.. maybe after everything normal I can tried @mountyPython script that making the disk sched none :)
    Thanks
    -edit: disk scheduler already set none - So I don't know what happen, possibly cause by noisy neigh

• The disk scheduler doesn't make any difference. I also tried kyber and the server locked up. I have never had any problems rebooting the server though but only Stop and then Start in the control panel worked for me. Commands or ctrl-alt-del in noVNC didn't do anything.

I asked about Ubuntu because I'd previously been using only Debian and was also a bit suspicious of this cloud-init stuff that is installed. I ended up reinstalling Debian using debi. Reinstalling the server from the control panel deletes the second disk btw if that's not obvious (there's no warning).

I also noticed some differences in kernel boot options between Debian and Ubuntu. Debian includes "elevator=noop scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=Y" - obviously elevator is ignored with newer kernels but also removing block mq didn't prevent a lock-up.

I thought I'd try a fresh install before asking for a refund and lftp was able to mirror about 2TB in about 24 hours, so avg. 200Mbps and no lock-up.

• Yeah, disk scheduler being set to none was likely a red herring. Ever since cociu announced options for refunds, my VPS on node bucnvmestor1 has stopped having issues with trying to write to the hard disk. It's still slow, mind you, but it at least doesn't hang on writing.

I presume it's due to others on that node cancelling and getting their refunds.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 1default
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited May 2021

@Neoon
    Plus

?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jsg said:
    @Neoon
    Plus

?

Maybe

• tronyxtronyx Member

I've got an vps from @cociu and it was quite unstable, it stuck everyday and i need to reboot manually. But from last week everything is okay now. Its on bucssd3 node. Hope there wont be any mess anymore.

• @pierre said:

Wtf? You must be new. checks yep, you're new. I've bitched about the poor grammar many times in the past. It's not that there are mistakes (forgivable for anyone doing their best effort), it's the fact that he doesn't appear to be capable of learning, improving or changing once the correct words are clearly and repeatedly written right in front of him. If that isn't a huge red flag, then you get what you deserve when things do not work for lengthy periods of time.

• verenveren Member

Alrighty well my server hasn't crashed since cociu offered refunds.

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • rip all services down...
    new services pending for days...
    the end is nigh?

• LeviLevi Member

@jugganuts said:
    rip all services down...
    new services pending for days...
    the end is nigh?

No, just usual business practices. Wait and wait more. No wait? Pay more, go anywhere else.

• One of the bucstor* nodes seem to be down, one of my services is unresponsive and all panel actions are timing out.

My other services are working fine though.

• lukgthlukgth Member

@jmgcaguicla said:
    One of the bucstor* nodes seem to be down, one of my services is unresponsive and all panel actions are timing out.

My other services are working fine though.

My Storage VPS went back up after three weeks of downtime today. Proxmox Web UI said "io-error". Node is bucstor2.

• my KVM 1TB went down today or yesterday not sure (It was up yesterday Evening, not sure if it went down overnight or today morning couple of hours ago). Any ETA for been up?

• bjobjo Member

Same here, my bucstor-VM is down since 2 hours.

• rhinoduckrhinoduck Member
    edited May 2021

I was fortunate enough to be unaffected by all the previous trouble, but my Bucharest storage VPS also went down today about 3 hours ago (and still down). I am at least "glad" that I am not the only one, and that I can use the famous "LET support" to eventually find out what's going on instead of having to open a ticket.

• JabJabJabJab Member

Same here - dead.

Noticed at: 2021-05-14 06:44:42 (UTC+01:00)

Encountered errors:
    San Francisco: Timeout (5 sec)
    Amsterdam: Timeout (5 sec)
    London: Timeout (5 sec)
    Frankfurt: Timeout (5 sec)

btw I would guess this script is running from Bucharest :D

Thanked by 2titus JerryHou
  • rhinoduckrhinoduck Member
    edited May 2021

@JabJab said:

btw I would guess this script is running from Bucharest :D

I don't think I've ever seen it showing anything else, lol.

• youandriyouandri Member
    edited May 2021

Seems storage vps still down.

• bjobjo Member

Was down? Mine is still down.

• Same here, however my Norway vps is always up and it has overall uptime of 99.8977% so I guess it is the node for more critical stuff.

• defaultdefault Veteran

Solution: Sisters! To make you feel better while waiting for downtime to finish...

Thanked by 2_FBi bulbasaur
  • anubisanubis Member

down for me too

This discussion has been closed.