Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kvm 2xE5-2680v4/2gb ddr4/50gb nvme+3.6tb hdd raid10- located in Bucharest ! Telia upstream ! - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kvm 2xE5-2680v4/2gb ddr4/50gb nvme+3.6tb hdd raid10- located in Bucharest ! Telia upstream !

Comments

• jamesrjamesr Member

@jabashque said:

@mountyPython said:
    Well, changing the scheduler to none seemed to work but a few days later I got a lock-up when trying to ftp some data - after less than a minute. As a test I've just copied 9GB from sda1 to vda1 and it's taken 6 minutes. Very frustrating. No point opening a ticket because their support is non-existent. Refund or chargeback is looking certain.

Yeah, it seems to be getting worse; the chance of your VM locking up and freezing when writing to the 3.6TB disk keeps growing bigger and bigger, regardless whether you've set the I/O scheduler to none. I'm more likely to guess that it's a hardware-related issue on the host machine at this rate.

I'm seeing the same now - was OK for a while but now I see crashes (not just slow performance) when using the data disk for anything.

Thanked by 1_FBi
  • verenveren Member

Haven't been able to use my service for almost a month now, since it's main purpose was to be a private file host, and support tickets are basically ignored at this point. I guess the solution is to just not use the HDD? Hope we see an end to these problems soon.

Thanked by 1_FBi
  • @cociu when are you gonna sort this shit out? Multiple complaints in this thread about servers locking up and absolutely no response from you at all.

Thanked by 1_FBi
  • _FBi_FBi Member

@mountyPython said:
    @cociu when are you gonna sort this shit out? Multiple complaints in this thread about servers locking up and absolutely no response from you at all.

Can confirm, my 3.6tb has locked up and doesn't boot.

• not the 4tb offer but my 1tb Romania offer has been almost unusable.. whats going on lately man... did you cash too many checks that you and your staff cant keep up?

`Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2450 0 @ 2.10GHz
    CPU cores : 1 @ 2094.950 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 483.3 MiB
    Swap : 2.2 GiB
    Disk : 1007.9 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size | 4k (IOPS) | 64k (IOPS)
    ------ | --- ---- | ---- ----
    Read | 20.48 MB/s (5.1k) | 7.86 MB/s (122)
    Write | 20.50 MB/s (5.1k) | 8.29 MB/s (129)
    Total | 40.99 MB/s (10.2k) | 16.15 MB/s (251)
    | |
    Block Size | 512k (IOPS) | 1m (IOPS)
    ------ | --- ---- | ---- ----
    Read | 15.59 MB/s (30) | 31.82 MB/s (31)
    Write | 16.88 MB/s (32) | 34.19 MB/s (33)
    Total | 32.48 MB/s (62) | 66.01 MB/s (64)
    `

• _FBi_FBi Member

Day two, ticket not answered. Server is unable to boot. 3.6TB portion is broken. burning up money.

• verenveren Member

@_FBi said:
    Day two, ticket not answered. Server is unable to boot. 3.6TB portion is broken. burning up money.

I'm at week 3. I guess I'll just chargeback via Paypal if there's no response after a month.

Thanked by 1_FBi
  • I'm at week 3 as well. I'm guessing our noisy neighborhoods are mining chia/shib.

• alvinalvin Member

This seems to have been oversold? The hard disk is fully loaded lead to many customers’ KVMs are also damaged. This will cause more and more ticket and reflect here....

• @alvin said:
    This seems to have been oversold? The hard disk is fully loaded lead to many customers’ KVMs are also damaged. This will cause more and more ticket and reflect here....

To my knowledge, being oversold may not be the main issue here rather when originally allocating the hard drives it was not passed though to the kvm's probably thus causing the slow speeds.

Thanked by 1_FBi
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep
  • I just powered mine down then pretended I didn't buy it.......

Thanked by 3Falzo FrankZ pierre
  • _FBi_FBi Member

On boot, my VPS says it has a HDD error and to run fsck. It's not just slow speeds :(
    TBH, the slow speeds weren't an issue and @cociu and his team had been good if not great to me. One sales ticket I just closed was over a month long with no reply, and now a server that is completely unusable with no response.

• momkinmomkin Member

Don't worry guys you will forget all this when @cociu launches new Ryzen offers :D

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@momkin said:
    Don't worry guys you will forget all this when @cociu launches new Ryzen offers :D

That's like supplying more bullets to the people that are shooting at you :joy:

Thanked by 2afn Falzo
  • cociucociu Member
    edited May 2021

@to all , i will ask apologise for this offer , for some unknow reason this is a nightmare** , ** i have been ignored this thread because my team was working in find a solution to resolve this nightmare but after weeks of test with a similar config we cannot replicate what happen in this 3 nodes (something verry strange) so i will ask to open a tiket and ask for full refund . To mention : affected customers only in the nodes : bucnvmestor1 , bucnvmestor2, bucnvmestor3 , all the rest is withowt issue. So i will ask apologise to the customers involucrated in this and offer a full refund . Please put the node name in the subject line in the tiket to have priority in this.

Thanks All**

Thanked by 2ps20090 raynor
  • cociucociu Member

@momkin said: Don't worry guys you will forget all this when @cociu launches new Ryzen offers

2days maximum

• codelockcodelock Member
    edited May 2021

Deleted cannot even paste image now

Thanks cloudflare

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@cociu said:
    ... affected customers only in the nodes : bucnvmestor1 , bucnvmestor2, bucnvmestor3 ...

How can one find out on which node a VPS is located?

• @jsg said:

@cociu said:
    ... affected customers only in the nodes : bucnvmestor1 , bucnvmestor2, bucnvmestor3 ...

Connect to the VM in your console - will be in the URL

Thanked by 1jsg
  • cociucociu Member

@jsg said: How can one find out on which node a VPS is located?

good question and thanks tomention because i have missed this , but any way by push novnc console from client area will open such adress https://x.x.x.x:8006/novnc/mgnovnc.html?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHgLlnM&console=qemu&virtualization=qemu&;node=bor15&vmid=2455

so at final of adress you will find such node=bor15 orwhatever.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@OsirisBlack said:

@jsg said:

@cociu said:

Connect to the VM in your console - will be in the URL

Thanks. Unfortunately it's the last parameter and not visible without resizing the console window.

@cociu

Is there a more elegant method? If not: couldn't you show it in the panels overview page?

• cociucociu Member

@jsg said: Is there a more elegant method? If not: couldn't you show it in the panels overview page?

will be added between today . Next after the ip adress.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • _FBi_FBi Member

I have a server on bucnvmesto1 that died, and bucstor1 that is working, but very slow.

Should I worry about bucstor1?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@_FBi said: Should I worry about bucstor1?

If you're not worried about your bucks, then no.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@_FBi said:
    Should I worry about bucstor1?

If your backups are working, no.
    Maybe mentally prepare yourself for another round of refounds.

If there's anything wrong with your backup, fix it (regardless of the provider).

Thanked by 1_FBi
  • This is yet another shot in the dark but is anyone with these problems NOT using the Debian 10 template? Is it possible that one is borked and Ubuntu actually works?

• @mountyPython said:
    This is yet another shot in the dark but is anyone with these problems NOT using the Debian 10 template? Is it possible that one is borked and Ubuntu actually works?

Nope - I used Ubuntu with the same outcome.

• pierrepierre Member

I will buy from cociu once he starts using Grammarly or auto-correct. It's free and will make him seem far more professional. I understand English isn't his first language, but he's been on this forum for a couple of years typing like this, and no one has said anything?

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • @pierre said:
    I will buy from cociu once he starts using Grammarly or auto-correct.

Bold of you to assume anything/anyone can understand cociu.

but he's been on this forum for a couple of years typing like this, and no one has said anything?

Go check his post history and you'll quickly find out that people tried and just gave up.

If you get the point across does it matter really matter?

This discussion has been closed.