Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 147
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• Also, I think Emil/Hosthatch can add FAQ section in the top of this thread or somewhere to provide some self-serve guidance on how to resolve some common issues people here are facing. I think a lot of people already wrote down here and there some where, just need to collect them so that new folks can easily find and apply. Maybe people (count me in) are willing to help to contribute to this FAQ. It will help to reduce pressure on ticket queue as well.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @orion504 said:
    Also, I think Emil/Hosthatch can add FAQ section in the top of this thread or somewhere to provide some self-serve guidance on how to resolve some common issues people here are facing. I think a lot of people already wrote down here and there some where, just need to collect them so that new folks can easily find and apply. Maybe people (count me in) are willing to help to contribute to this FAQ. It will help to reduce pressure on ticket queue as well.

This would reduce support requests from let-support-desk but would suggest add a faq-page on their panel as well.

• Another staff leader... new support... oh boy, we got a plot twist.

• EmilEmil Member, Host Rep

@webcraft said:

@orion504 said:
    Also, I think Emil/Hosthatch can add FAQ section in the top of this thread or somewhere to provide some self-serve guidance on how to resolve some common issues people here are facing. I think a lot of people already wrote down here and there some where, just need to collect them so that new folks can easily find and apply. Maybe people (count me in) are willing to help to contribute to this FAQ. It will help to reduce pressure on ticket queue as well.

This would reduce support requests from let-support-desk but would suggest add a faq-page on their panel as well.

Those are great ideas and I really appreciate the offer to help out, but I expect us to be all caught up with the queue after this weekend, and after that we will not only be able to reply quickly to new tickets, but also solve those underlying issues.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Emil - Welcome back :) I did notice your existence and return when you acknowledged an order ticket last month :)

Hope all goes well with you and HostHatch.

Thanked by 1Emil
  • @Emil You've already done the most important thing, which is to give us a friendly update! Thank you.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited February 2021

@Emil said: Hello LET, long time no see!

I am Emil and I am one of the original co-founders of HostHatch and head of all technical infrastructure, and recently got back full time after spending a few years at Google and another project.

Welcome back, @Emil. Glad to have you here.
    Abdullah was mentioning you in one of his posts, hope he gets well soon too.

Thanked by 1Emil
  • @Chocoweb said: Use curl or hoppscotch (remember to enable proxy) to make an HTTP request on https://manage.hosthatch.com/api/v1/server//iso/remove with DELETE method and the correct XSRF token and authentication cookies, then things should start to work!

Unfortunately for me this didn't work, the delete request returns 422, and uploads return 524 after some time. I suspect I've earlier tried to upload an invalid ISO which got me stuck with the backend bug that has been talked about. So yeah that's also what my ticket (143577) is about, since I depend on the Custom ISO functionality.

On the other side my HK vps is rock solid.

• How does HK compare to the other locations? If there were YABS posted I must have missed them! Waiting patiently for mine...

• @randomq said:
    How does HK compare to the other locations? If there were YABS posted I must have missed them! Waiting patiently for mine...

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3188892#Comment_3188892

Thanked by 1randomq
  • Good to see some communication from HH

• @randomq why is it taking so long for u? did you update the ticket with question? Got mine a long time ago. @dosai thanks. I noticed the issues earlier today as well for 2 of my VMs. Seems ok after a while. I should be following them!

@kalimov622 @dosai - Let me guess, rebooted again? :joy:

• @thedp, indeed and this time my NL server was in production so I'm going to put it on hold until this will be looked at as this has happened quite a few times by now. Time for a ticket so they are aware of it.

• my 2TB NL box never rebooted since the day it it was deployed.

@samm said:
    my 2TB NL box never rebooted since the day it it was deployed.

Probably only the NVMe ones.

reboot   system boot  4.19.0-14-amd64  Fri Feb  5 20:50   still running
    reboot   system boot  4.19.0-13-amd64  Sun Jan 31 04:40   still running
    reboot   system boot  4.19.0-13-amd64  Tue Jan 26 11:05   still running
    reboot   system boot  4.19.0-13-amd64  Wed Jan 20 01:41   still running
    reboot   system boot  4.19.0-13-amd64  Mon Jan 18 23:45   still running
    reboot   system boot  4.19.0-13-amd64  Mon Jan 18 01:20   still running
    reboot   system boot  4.19.0-13-amd64  Sun Jan  3 06:34   still running
    reboot   system boot  4.19.0-13-amd64  Fri Dec 25 04:42   still running
    reboot   system boot  4.19.0-13-amd64  Thu Dec 24 04:59   still running
    reboot   system boot  4.19.0-13-amd64  Thu Dec 17 18:30   still running

• The issue is only with the NVMe servers in NL, storage plans are fine.

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited February 2021

@thedp said:
    Probably only the NVMe ones.

Must be certain NVMe nodes the only reboots on my Amsterdam one are when I rebooted it for kernels updates.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Props to @Emil for taking care of this one so fast, my ticket was answered within an hour and I was told they are going to migrate the affected customers from the current problematic node to another one. A maintenance notice shall be sent soon to the affected customers. Thank you, hosthatch.

Thanked by 1DP

@kalimov622 said:
    Props to @Emil for taking care of this one so fast, my ticket was answered within an hour and I was told they are going to migrate the affected customers from the current problematic node to another one. A maintenance notice shall be sent soon to the affected customers. Thank you, hosthatch.

Thanks for providing an answer to which I should have received via my unanswered-for-almost-two-weeks ticket. 😂

edited February 2021

@thedp said:

@kalimov622 said:
    Props to @Emil for taking care of this one so fast, my ticket was answered within an hour and I was told they are going to migrate the affected customers from the current problematic node to another one. A maintenance notice shall be sent soon to the affected customers. Thank you, hosthatch.

Thanks for providing an answer to which I should have received via my unanswered-for-almost-two-weeks ticket. 😂

They have been troubleshooting this before and made several attempts to fix it, but seems the issue is a bit more complex so they need a thorough investigation. Worth mentioning that only one node in NL had this issue, all the other nodes/services are fine and they will definitely fix the problematic node too.

@kalimov622 said:

@thedp said:

@kalimov622 said:

They have been troubleshooting this before and made several attempts to fix it, but seems the issue is a bit more complex so they need a thorough investigation. Worth mentioning that only one node in NL had this issue, all the other nodes/services are fine.

I’m have no issues with issues ☺️

Well at least I now know who my neighbors are and can always knock on their doors first to ask questions before going to the building management office.

Thanked by 2pbx the_doctor
  • @darvil said:
    @randomq why is it taking so long for u? did you update the ticket with question? Got mine a long time ago. @dosai thanks. I noticed the issues earlier today as well for 2 of my VMs. Seems ok after a while. I should be following them!

I ordered later in January, turns out HK was out of stock so my kvm will come in with the new hardware. Need to work on my project now so I have something to put on it! ;)

• I have been with HostHatch since 2017 and never had a single issue.

Thanked by 2FrankZ Emil
    edited February 2021

@corbpie said:
    I have been with HostHatch since 2017 and never had a single issue.

This was more of an isolated issue really and you can't blame them as things like this can happen to any provider. Never had a single issue with hosthatch either except this particular one which is going to be addressed tomorrow anyway. For me personally, hosthatch has been nothing but great ever since I joined them.

Thanked by 2pbx vimalware
  • dosaidosai Member
    edited February 2021

@thedp said:

Yeah. I'm glad at least they notified me via email.

Dear Customer,

You may have noticed that your VM in Amsterdam has been affected by unexpected reboots lately. This is due to issues with the node your VM is being hosted on. After several unsuccessful attempts to solve this we have decided to perform a full migration and take this node out of production. In order to do this, your server needs one more reboot and 3-15 minutes of downtime, depending on its size.

We are starting the migrations at February 6th 10.00 CET (~10 hours from now) and an update to this email will be sent once completed, we expect it to be finished the same day. Unfortunately we cannot give an exact time of when your VM will be migrated due to the urgency of this task.

If you have multiple VMs with us in Amsterdam, you can identify it by checking the uptime. The last unexpected reboot was February 5th 20.50 CET. You can also reply to this email in order to open a ticket, and we will help you identify it.

We are very sorry for all the inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience and kind understanding.

Best Regards,
    HostHatch Team

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • @dosai said:

@thedp said:

Yeah. I'm glad at least they notified me via email.

Dear Customer,

You may have noticed that your VM in Amsterdam has been affected by unexpected reboots lately. This is due to issues with the node your VM is being hosted on. After several unsuccessful attempts to solve this we have decided to perform a full migration and take this node out of production. In order to do this, your server needs one more reboot and 3-15 minutes of downtime, depending on its size.

We are starting the migrations at February 6th 10.00 CET (~10 hours from now) and an update to this email will be sent once completed, we expect it to be finished the same day. Unfortunately we cannot give an exact time of when your VM will be migrated due to the urgency of this task.

If you have multiple VMs with us in Amsterdam, you can identify it by checking the uptime. The last unexpected reboot was February 5th 20.50 CET. You can also reply to this email in order to open a ticket, and we will help you identify it.

We are very sorry for all the inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience and kind understanding.

Best Regards,
    HostHatch Team

Yes, get it too. I hope this is a sign that they are changing for better relation to customers :+1:

Thanked by 2lowendboi pbx
    edited February 2021

My KVM has been migrated.

Dear Customer,

We want to let you know that we have successfully completed the maintenance and your VM has been migrated to another node. Please open a support ticket if you have any questions or face any issues with your VM.

The original maintenance notice is pasted below for your reference.

Best Regards,
    HostHatch Team

Thanked by 2Emil the_doctor
  • EmilEmil Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2021

It is surprising to see how many of you managed to get onto the same node in Amsterdam, considering how many nodes we have there :) Anyways the maintenance mentioned above has been completed for all affected VMs. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Edit: Btw, to everyone with issues related to ISO uploads I would like to ask you to try again. We fixed a few bugs yesterday. If you still face issues, please submit a ticket. Thanks!

• ChocowebChocoweb Member
    edited February 2021

Experiencing extremely high packet loss in Chicago (both NVMe and storage servers)
    Seems to be back to normal just now (5 minutes later)