Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 128
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• plumbergplumberg Veteran
    edited December 2020

Just leaving in it here.. I am looking for the CM yolo... if someone wants to offload it. Thank you.

Includes 1x VM with the specs below in Milan, Madrid and Sydney 1x 2.9+ GHz Core (25% dedicated) 1 GB RAM 10 GB NVMe SSD storage 1 Gbps connection 1 TB bandwidth 1 IPv4 & /64 IPv6 included https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/cm-new-locations-combo

• @plumberg said: Just leaving in it here.. I am looking for the CM yolo... if someone wants to offload it. Thank you.

These haven't even been provisioned yet (ETA is end of December).

• @Daniel15 said:

@plumberg said: Just leaving in it here.. I am looking for the CM yolo... if someone wants to offload it. Thank you.

These haven't even been provisioned yet (ETA is end of December).

Yes. I understand. But just put it up here for ppl to be aware i can take it if not needed.

Thnx

• Anyone has an OpenVZ box? I couldn't reinstall, to Ubuntu or to Debian.

It says invalid template.

I found a similar case here, but the failure is due to ISO mounting, while I don't see ISO button in my control panel. Seems OpenVZ is different from KVM plans.

https://imgur.com/Z87elDA

If you have any ideas of the cause, pls share your solution.

• @aRNoLD said:
    Anyone has an OpenVZ box? I couldn't reinstall, to Ubuntu or to Debian.

It says invalid template.

I found a similar case here, but the failure is due to ISO mounting, while I don't see ISO button in my control panel. Seems OpenVZ is different from KVM plans.

https://imgur.com/Z87elDA

If you have any ideas of the cause, pls share your solution.

Actually you could open a ticket..

• @chocolateshirt said:

Actually you could open a ticket..

yes I've done that, but guess I may receive some immediate response here for someone/guys may have already experienced this situation.

• @aRNoLD said:
    yes I've done that, but guess I may receive some immediate response here for someone/guys may have already experienced this situation.

Yes, I can confirm this. Some templates not play well with OVZ packages. Some templates even outdated. CentOS template is fine, but on low memory container, you may find difficulty to yum install/upgrade.

As far as I know, they also still use OVZ 6. But overall performance, its solid just like their KVM packages.

Thanked by 2webcraft aRNoLD
  • @fazar said:

@aRNoLD said:

Yes, I can confirm this. Some templates not play well with OVZ packages. Some templates even outdated. CentOS template is fine, but on low memory container, you may find difficulty to yum install/upgrade.

As far as I know, they also still use OVZ 6. But overall performance, its solid just like their KVM packages.

I still have a 512mb ovz small box in my account. seems the kernel stops at 3.x. should stop renewing this and keep with the Warsaw promo.

• So the promotion and sales have been stop?

• @Fritz said:
    So the promotion and sales have been stop?

These are active. Others are not.

Thanked by 2webcraft Fritz
  • @Chocoweb said:

@Fritz said:
    So the promotion and sales have been stop?

These are active. Others are not.

Thanks buddy!!

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@hosthatch Will HongKong be delivered on due time or will be delayed ?? So, many pages in this thread, so can't find if you have posted an update.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    @hosthatch Will HongKong be delivered on due time or will be delayed ?? So, many pages in this thread, so can't find if you have posted an update.

If they can't deliver in time you should receive a ticket as an update - just like they did in the past.

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@benj0x said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

If they can't deliver in time you should receive a ticket as an update - just like they did in the past.

I was unaware of this too. Thanks for letting me know.

• @benj0x said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

I have never received a ticket or email update, so don't count on it. There's guaranteed to be discussion here though.

• benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited December 2020

@tetech said:

@benj0x said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

I have never received a ticket or email update, so don't count on it. There's guaranteed to be discussion here though.

On their previous offers they always updated their waiting customers about delays on the predicted ETA.

Just dug for an old ticket from the HostHatch sales in April 2019, where they had promoted Chicago as new pre-order location and weren't able to promise their delivery date.

I got kept up to date by them on the development about their coming location and the slight delay connected to it.

• @benj0x said:

@tetech said:

@benj0x said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

On their previous offers they always updated their waiting customers about delays on the predicted ETA.

Just dug for an old ticket from the HostHatch sales in April 2019, where they had promoted Chicago as new pre-order location.

I don't doubt that they did it for many people, but they clearly did not always do it. As an example, for my two front-page BF orders which were delayed, I never received anything - ticket/email - like you are citing. Same for me going back to previous delays.

I'm not complaining about that, just advising to check here and not rely on an email.

Thanked by 3benj0x skorous Unixfy
  • @tetech said:

@benj0x said:

@tetech said:

@benj0x said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

Just dug for an old ticket from the HostHatch sales in April 2019, where they had promoted Chicago as new pre-order location.

I don't doubt that they did it for many people, but they clearly did not always do it. As an example, for my two front-page BF orders which were delayed, I never received anything - ticket/email - like you are citing. Same for me going back to previous delays.

I'm not complaining about that, just advising to check here and not rely on an email.

Alright. Well then I guess that had been an exception. Sorry for any misinformation caused.

Happy Christmas @ you all.

• Does anyone know if HostHatch can enable nested virtualization on plans with dedicated CPU? I grabbed one of the 16 GB RAM / 80 GB NVMe / 100% dedicated CPU and I'm wondering whether they can enable nested virt for me.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • @hosthatch
    When you have the time, could you please take a look at ticket #507219? I've been waiting for five days.Thanks!

• Has anyone installed Nyr's WireGuard script on their VPS?

I successfully installed it but don't get any internet connection. Works fine with OpenVPN though. So strange. Anyone know what could be wrong?

P.S. before you ask me to raise a ticket, please just don't.

• @Sid said:
    Has anyone installed Nyr's WireGuard script on their VPS?

I successfully installed it but don't get any internet connection. Works fine with OpenVPN though. So strange. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Perhaps VZ is outdated. Mine couldn't go through reinstallation. Seems sth. the template was broken, you can press the btn but it's not function.

• edited December 2020

It should not be an issue, do you install it on KVM VPS?

• @Sid said:

Yeah I have it working on one of the NVMe bundles.

• @Sid said:

I had the same issue, but it was working after a server reboot. Give it a try.

• @hosthatch said:

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    8 GB RAM
    40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    5 TB bandwidth (1 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    $30 per year

3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
    16 GB RAM
    80 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    10 TB bandwidth (1.5 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    $60 per year

I want a VPS in Stockholm for $30 or $60. Can I buy someone else's account, or buy VPS and push it to my account?

• @yifan792 said:
    @hosthatch said:

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    8 GB RAM
    40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    5 TB bandwidth (1 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    $30 per year

3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
    16 GB RAM
    80 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    10 TB bandwidth (1.5 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    $60 per year

I want a VPS in Stockholm for $30 or $60. Can I buy someone else's account, or buy VPS and push it to my account?

Stockholm still available:

Price is higher, but you should be satisfied with that!

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Sid said: Has anyone installed Nyr's WireGuard script on their VPS?

It must work. Pay attention to the messages during setup, as WireGuard is kernel-dependant, sometimes the user will need to take action as requested by the installer.

It is done this way because the installer does not want to be too intrusive, so if a kernel upgrade is required the script will let the user know, but will not initiate that without permission from the user.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • SpeedTestSpeedTest Member
    edited December 2020

@Daniel15 said: Does anyone know if HostHatch can enable nested virtualization on plans with dedicated CPU? I grabbed one of the 16 GB RAM / 80 GB NVMe / 100% dedicated CPU and I'm wondering whether they can enable nested virt for me.

@hosthatch doesn't offer dedicated CPU! 100% dedicated on 3 core CPU means 1/3 of each core or 1.00 on average load