Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 126
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• @h2o said:
    Nope, it should be Korean. Looks like the type of DPRK. ;)

Welcome the king of water B)

• @brueggus said:

@Xratzh said:
    Can I change my $19 per year sto-250 GB-Plan ordered BlackFriday2020 to $30 per 2 years?
    You guys this time you make it a big deal.

You mean... Like an upgrade?

Thanked by 2Falzo TimboJones
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Any unpaid orders will be canceled after an hour of the order creation. These deals will be valid for a few days (unless they sell out in a few hours)

• sepeisepei Member
    edited December 2020

@hosthatch said:
    Any unpaid orders will be canceled after an hour of the order creation. These deals will be valid for a few days (unless they sell out in a few hours)

London, Zurich and Vienna NVME no capacity anymore :(?

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • One of my all-in-one combo, which I paid and invoice is created, is not provisioned. I created a ticket a week ago. I just wanted to know...this will be provisioning? or refunded?

• Although these new offers are truly outstanding, one can't help but feel like they're a bit punitive towards those who didn't jump on the Black Friday deals. I'm happy to see this level of investment and expansion into more locations, though, so I like to feel as if I were fueling that expansion by means of the little premium I'm paying now over the unsustainable (hope not) BF prices.

Thanked by 1sepei
  • @Xratzh said:
    Can I change my $19 per year sto-250 GB-Plan ordered BlackFriday2020 to $30 per 2 years?

19x2=38
    38>30
    of course you cannot

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2020

@simlev said:
    Although these new offers are truly outstanding, one can't help but feel like they're a bit punitive towards those who didn't jump on the Black Friday deals. I'm happy to see this level of investment and expansion into more locations, though, so I like to feel as if I were fueling that expansion by means of the little premium I'm paying now over the unsustainable (hope not) BF prices.

How are the offers as standalone basis? i.e compared to market median of all Christmas offers?

@simlev said:
    Although these new offers are truly outstanding, one can't help but feel like they're a bit punitive towards those who didn't jump on the Black Friday deals. I'm happy to see this level of investment and expansion into more locations, though, so I like to feel as if I were fueling that expansion by means of the little premium I'm paying now over the unsustainable (hope not) BF prices.

I would say it is more like this:

We said the BF prices would be the best we will ever do, and they will never be coming back.

It would be unfair to all of those customers who believed that, if we did the same or better this time around.

This time, I said earlier that the next time we do promos will be April (our 10th anniversary). That is also going to be true.

I know there's a lot of marketing with "buy in the next 60 minutes", and the 60 minutes keep getting extended and never end - we don't do that.

• Do you allow torrenting? If not on public tracker maybe on private ?
    What about tor?
    On sto location

• @hosthatch

My apologies if it was my oversight. It seems that the test ip / looking glass of Madrid and Milan are not on the website. May I ask where I can find them so I can make a sound judgement? :)

• @aRNoLD said:

@Xratzh said:

19x2=38
    38>30
    of course you cannot

:/ This time they made it possible

• Please don't get me wrong: I totally respect your way of handling BF offers and I'm not here to criticize, especially since the offers are exceptionally good and include so many locations. The question I ask myself is: are the BF prices going to be repeated for the 10th anniversary or for BF next year? I'm truly curious to see whether HostHatch will continue to offer more or less this kind of promotional prices year after year, or will they substantially increase prices once they reach a certain goal in terms of number of customers or reputation. In the meantime I'm glad to pay a little more with respect to rock-bottom prices to fuel what seems to be a very serious expansion plan.

@simlev said:
    Please don't get me wrong: I totally respect your way of handling BF offers and I'm not here to criticize, especially since the offers are exceptionally good and include so many locations. The question I ask myself is: are the BF prices going to be repeated for the 10th anniversary or for BF next year? I'm truly curious to see whether HostHatch will continue to offer more or less this kind of promotional prices year after year, or will they substantially increase prices once they reach a certain goal in terms of number of customers or reputation. In the meantime I'm glad to pay a little more with respect to rock-bottom prices to fuel what seems to be a very serious expansion plan.

Unlikely we will match them again. 16 GB NVMe plan for $5 per month in any place is very big, and we even also offered the same in Sydney and Hong Kong. We had a lot of unused hardware this time, mostly because we were expanding like crazy....but the deals next year will be more realistic.

We are going to upgrade our standard plans starting from the new year though, so they will have incredible value....think something like Hetzner's plans (I'm a big fan of their cost/performance/reliability ratio), but in 15+ locations.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@hosthatch said: think something like Hetzner's plans (I'm a big fan of their cost/performance/reliability ratio), but in 15+ locations.

Gotta love this line.

Thanked by 1simlev
  • @vyas11 said:
    How are the offers as standalone basis? i.e compared to market median of all Christmas offers?

I'm not one of those guys who dig the forums, x-ray the offers and build auto-updating comparison tables. IMHO HostHatch is above the median in terms of price/performance, and unbeatable in some locations. Take Italy for example, and compare with Aruba and Prometeus.

With this I don't mean to say they're the best (there is no such thing as the best) or that there's no room to improve their services.

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited December 2020

@ferri said:

@sgheghele said:

@ferri said:
    Fyi, Amsterdam has just been down for 3 minutes and up again

Not really

Hi as far I know, uptimerobot has 5 minute interval compare to hetrixtools that has 1 minute. So maybe uptimerobot couldnt capture the downtime since its doesnt triggered when occurred

Not with paid accounts :smile: I have 1-minute intervals.

@dosai said:

@sgheghele said:

@ferri said:

Not really

There was,

See this https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/79629d2768f647c787bd4a8f648b1a4a/

As clarified by Abdullah, it was one node, not the entire "Amsterdam". My instances are up and reachable since the day I booted them up. Quite stable network, actually. For the instances, too soon to tell.

• @vyas11 said:

@simlev said:

In my opinion, the killer value comes from the fact that, for the main Black Friday storage promos, you can upgrade your instances -- **even after the promotion has ended ** -- at the promotional price. (That's $30/year for an extra "chunk" that contains one TB of storage and 1GB of RAM.) I've already done this once, and it took virtually no time to complete.

This pricing scheme ensures that my @hosthatch storage plans can grow with my business. It's not like a one-time deal, where I try to grab a promotional offer that I will grow out of in a couple of years, and then need to dump that for another one.

This is an excellent business philosophy that encourages long term customers and discourages customer churn, and it's why I've made sure to buy a few of these plans in different locations.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @sgheghele said:

@ferri said:

@sgheghele said:

@ferri said:

Not really

Hi as far I know, uptimerobot has 5 minute interval compare to hetrixtools that has 1 minute. So maybe uptimerobot couldnt capture the downtime since its doesnt triggered when occurred

@dosai said:

@sgheghele said:

@ferri said:

Not really

There was,

See this https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/79629d2768f647c787bd4a8f648b1a4a/

As clarified by Abdullah, it was one node, not the entire "Amsterdam". My instances are up and reachable since the day I booted them up. Quite stable network, actually. For the instances, too soon to tell.

I pointed out mine was affected and rebooted. I have no complaints, I'm very happy with my server.

• @hosthatch Thank you so much for the offers! A couple questions:

1. Have you updated the invoices yet for the Chicago storage Nov 30 deals? The original post says the deal is biannually but mine still says I need to renew in a year.
    2. Does traffic sent over the internal network count towards the bandwidth cap?
    3. Do all locations have an internal network available?

@nulldev said:
    @hosthatch Thank you so much for the offers! A couple questions:

1. Have you updated the invoices yet for the Chicago storage Nov 30 deals? The original post says the deal is biannually but mine still says I need to renew in a year.
    2. Does traffic sent over the internal network count towards the bandwidth cap?
    3. Do all locations have an internal network available?
    1. For the most part, yes. But not all. And we will, don't worry :)
    2. No it does not count towards the bw cap
    3. Yes it is available in all locations
    Thanked by 3nulldev ferri RedSox
  • @sgheghele said:

@ferri said:

@sgheghele said:

@ferri said:

Not really

@dosai said:

@sgheghele said:

@ferri said:

Not really

There was,

Ok, thanks for confirm

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2020

@hosthatch I placed an order, it showed a message that an order was successfully created, but I didn't get an invoice. No pending server either. Should I try again? I don't want to accidentally order the same thing twice.

Edit: sorry, I didn't see the comment that this could mean it's out of stock. I thought they always 404 on OOS

• @Daniel15 said:
    @hosthatch I placed an order, it showed a message that an order was successfully created, but I didn't get an invoice. No pending server either. Should I try again? I don't want to accidentally order the same thing twice.

Edit: sorry, I didn't see the comment that this could mean it's out of stock. I thought they always 404 on OOS

He said that's what could happen when they are sold out. If not, I have about 6 HK kvm now %)

• @randomq said:

@Daniel15 said:

He said that's what could happen when they are sold out. If not, I have about 6 HK kvm now %)

Yeah, my fault, I missed that part of the post. I just woke up and was rushing to get a Hong Kong VPS. I was excited to see it still in stock but I guess it wasn't really in stock :(

• Missed HK during BF but grabbed this time. Thanks @hosthatch

• @hosthatch said:

@simlev said:
    Please don't get me wrong: I totally respect your way of handling BF offers and I'm not here to criticize, especially since the offers are exceptionally good and include so many locations. The question I ask myself is: are the BF prices going to be repeated for the 10th anniversary or for BF next year? I'm truly curious to see whether HostHatch will continue to offer more or less this kind of promotional prices year after year, or will they substantially increase prices once they reach a certain goal in terms of number of customers or reputation. In the meantime I'm glad to pay a little more with respect to rock-bottom prices to fuel what seems to be a very serious expansion plan.

Unlikely we will match them again. 16 GB NVMe plan for $5 per month in any place is very big, and we even also offered the same in Sydney and Hong Kong. We had a lot of unused hardware this time, mostly because we were expanding like crazy....but the deals next year will be more realistic.

We are going to upgrade our standard plans starting from the new year though, so they will have incredible value....think something like Hetzner's plans (I'm a big fan of their cost/performance/reliability ratio), but in 15+ locations.

Is that possible update BF $15 nvme to $30 nvme?

• raynorraynor Member
    edited December 2020

@hosthatch just thank you for good Xmas deals, not vicious, but very good enough (esp 2 years discounts), I missed BF, but I have your NVMe VPS in my idle pool now ;)

• sepeisepei Member
    edited December 2020

If someone bought the NVMe in zurich location and doesn't need it aka "no longer idling :smile: " I would take it.

• Oops, got the box running almost instantly after being ordered :sunglasses:, though the plan is up to 7 biz days. I planned to do stack up but the delivery was too fast and the box was already created :joy:, anyway it's fine as mostly idle :sweat_smile: probably will ask for upgrade sometimes later if its load increases. Very happy and cannot ask for more now, thank you :). Enjoy holidays!