Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions.ro New location in 5-4-3-2-1 days ! Enjoy a top storage plan ! - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions.ro New location in 5-4-3-2-1 days ! Enjoy a top storage plan !

Comments

• @bibiwood said: Hello Cociu,

if you still have this issues and you are located in Oradea please mp with your email or vm ip adress.

• Network speeds are better with the IP change but the support team isn't really good. For me it takes days to get support team to answer my ticket. I am trying to get switched CPU type and enable AES from 26/12/2020 and the support team just completely ignore it even after i made a completely separate ticket just for this.

If you would take a look at it @cociu i would be happy, ticket number #855552

• @snekk said: it even after i made a completely separate ticket just for this.

something what you must to know here :smile:

EVEN WE HAVE DELAY PLEASE DO NOT OPEN MULTIPLE TIKETS FOR THE SAME PROBLEM , way ? because your all tikets will delay including more so i strong sugest to close the second tiket.

About AES problem we have resolve and test to be automatically added in the new orders , in the old one we work to find a solution to have it automatically enabled because all people opening tikets and want the same.

Delay in tiketing ... i have apologise for this yesterday because i have broke my words due of special circumstances (we had the priority to change the ips and resolve the network issue first) so after yesterday all is start to be back to normal so i dont espect to see tiketing in quee.

Thanked by 1raynor
  • EddingEdding Member
    edited January 2021

@cociu said:

@snekk said: it even after i made a completely separate ticket just for this.

EVEN WE HAVE DELAY PLEASE DO NOT OPEN MULTIPLE TIKETS FOR THE SAME PROBLEM , way ? because your all tikets will delay including more so i strong sugest to close the second tiket.

About AES problem we have resolve and test to be automatically added in the new orders , in the old one we work to find a solution to have it automatically enabled because all people opening tikets and want the same.

Delay in tiketing ... i have apologise for this yesterday because i have broke my words due of special circumstances (we had the priority to change the ips and resolve the network issue first) so after yesterday all is start to be back to normal so i dont espect to see tiketing in quee.

Found this Command in the Proxmox Forums that changes all cpu types on the cluster to host

for i in $(qm list | awk '{if (NR>1) { print $1 }}'); do qm set $i -cpu "host"; done

execute it in the Clusters Shell :)

atleast on my home 2 vm Proxmox Host it was working fine

root@pve:/# for i in $(qm list | awk '{if (NR>1) { print $1 }}'); do qm set $i -cpu "kvm64"; done
    update VM 100: -cpu kvm64
    update VM 101: -cpu kvm64
    root@pve:/# for i in $(qm list | awk '{if (NR>1) { print $1 }}'); do qm set $i -cpu "host"; done
    update VM 100: -cpu host
    update VM 101: -cpu host

Thanked by 2tronyx haynhat
  • Important Note

if your CPU got changed to host u need to stop and start the VM.
    a simple reboot won't work.

Thanked by 3cociu _MS_ strmd
  • Confirmed - I did a reboot and did not get aes. Using stop/start in Cpanel worked :)

• Stop/start worked for me too. Thanks for the tip.

• why accept you no Perfect Money or Advcash / USDT /? (Anonymouse Fiat) bzw Semi WMZ?

• haynhathaynhat Member
    edited January 2021

@Edding said:

@cociu said:

Found this Command in the Proxmox Forums that changes all cpu types on the cluster to host

for i in $(qm list | awk '{if (NR>1) { print $1 }}'); do qm set $i -cpu "host"; done

root@pve:/# for i in $(qm list | awk '{if (NR>1) { print $1 }}'); do qm set $i -cpu "kvm64"; done
    root@pve:/# for i in $(qm list | awk '{if (NR>1) { print $1 }}'); do qm set $i -cpu "host"; done

I got the error message "qm: command not found" when tried to run the script. I put that command into the .sh file and run, is it right?

Edit: After I reboot the VPS, the AES is enable although I saw the error message when run the script.

Thanks

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@haynhat said:

@Edding said:

@cociu said:

I got the error message "qm: command not found" when tried to run the script. I put that command into the .sh file and run, is it right?

Edit: After I reboot the VPS, the AES is enable although I saw the error message when run the script.

Thanks

It's a command for cociu to run not yourself 👍

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@wl4236820 said:
    My Bucharest VPS can't connect to Vienna VPS,
    After testing, the nodes in Romania and Norway have no problems, only Bucharest node has problems, If it can't be solved, please change my VPS to Norway node.
    Ticket #435872 @cociu Happy new year.

Did you get any feedback about the issue?

• ok guys w

@brueggus said: Did you get any feedback about the issue?

some issue like this one we cannot control , if some providers there is block a ip from us this is out of our control... we can replace it in oradea or in norway in this case...

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@cociu said:

@brueggus said: Did you get any feedback about the issue?

some issue like this one we cannot control , if some providers there is block a ip from us this is out of our control... we can replace it in oradea or in norway in this case...

I understand that this is out of your control. In my case, there seem to be issues reaching your 45.14.-subnet via M247's network. I tried several IPs from your subnet, but none of them worked, so it's most likely no single IP block.

I tried contacting M247's NOC in the past, but they're not talking to me since I'm none of their customers.

• @brueggus said: I understand that this is out of your control. In my case, there seem to be issues reaching your 45.14.-subnet via M247's network. I tried several IPs from your subnet, but none of them worked, so it's most likely no single IP block.

I tried contacting M247's NOC in the past, but they're not talking to me since I'm none of their customers.

a pm with more details will help.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • @brueggus said:

@wl4236820 said:
    My Bucharest VPS can't connect to Vienna VPS,
    After testing, the nodes in Romania and Norway have no problems, only Bucharest node has problems, If it can't be solved, please change my VPS to Norway node.
    Ticket #435872 @cociu Happy new year.

Did you get any feedback about the issue?

It's not solved yet. I didn't return my information when I applied to replace Oradea node. There are two refund bills in Oradea node that haven't been processed, but wait a minute. I believe @cociu will reply and deal with it. It's just the length of time.

• Hey @isunbejo, did they solved your multi-core performance issue?

• govac8govac8 Member
    edited January 2021

@Hakim here is a fresh bench

[root@centos ~]# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -r
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Wed Jan 13 14:55:38 EET 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2397.222 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 1.8 GiB
    Swap       : 820.0 MiB
    Disk       : 199.2 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 98.50 MB/s   (24.6k) | 868.26 MB/s  (13.5k)
    Write      | 98.76 MB/s   (24.6k) | 872.83 MB/s  (13.6k)
    Total      | 197.27 MB/s  (49.3k) | 1.74 GB/s    (27.2k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 1.59 GB/s     (3.1k) | 1.62 GB/s     (1.5k)
    Write      | 1.68 GB/s     (3.2k) | 1.73 GB/s     (1.6k)
    Total      | 3.28 GB/s     (6.4k) | 3.35 GB/s     (3.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | busy           
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 722 Mbits/sec   | 422 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 611 Mbits/sec   | 164 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 656                           
    Multi Core      | 645                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5865315

Thanked by 1Hakim
  • Did you open a support ticket? Did they ever respond to that ticket? @govac8

• @Hakim said: Did you open a support ticket? Did they ever respond to that ticket? @govac8

we are still try to see way proxmox is show such results , today i have installed solus in a same server and seems the results is better. Still not have a solution at the moment.

• Thanks for the update. It's good to know that you guys are working on this issue. @cociu

• @Hakim said:
    Did you open a support ticket? Did they ever respond to that ticket? @govac8

No, I can wait and don't want to spam @cociu with tickets. Btw, I had opened another one with moneyback and they respond me quickly.

Thanked by 2Hakim Doragon
  • @govac8 said: No, I can wait and don't want to spam @cociu with tickets. Btw, I had opened another one with moneyback and they respond me quickly.

i always do my best in give the money back guarantee ... this was not a problem never. Now such issue like bench ... some can be resolved asap some need testing ...

• Try setting the cpulimit from 1 to 2 on 2 core systems and 4 on 4 core

• @govac8 said:

@Hakim said:
    Did you open a support ticket? Did they ever respond to that ticket? @govac8

No, I can wait and don't want to spam @cociu with tickets. Btw, I had opened another one with moneyback and they respond me quickly.

There are two Oradea refund bills in my account. It's been 10 days and it hasn't been processed yet. I'm still waiting... Don't know why? :s

• @cociu said:

@govac8 said: No, I can wait and don't want to spam @cociu with tickets. Btw, I had opened another one with moneyback and they respond me quickly.

i always do my best in give the money back guarantee ... this was not a problem never. Now such issue like bench ... some can be resolved asap some need testing ...

@cociu Boss, have a beer and relax when you have time,the work is endless.

• @wl4236820 said: There are two Oradea refund bills in my account. It's been 10 days and it hasn't been processed yet. I'm still waiting...

pm with your email , for what i know all payements was process today except affiliates wich need manual check .

• @cociu said:

@wl4236820 said: There are two Oradea refund bills in my account. It's been 10 days and it hasn't been processed yet. I'm still waiting...

pm with your email , for what i know all payements was process today except affiliates wich need manual check .

I left you a message. thanks.

• @Edding said: Try setting the cpulimit from 1 to 2 on 2 core systems and 4 on 4 core

I think this is the issue. Here are some of my findings.
    https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/lxc-settings-cores-cpu-limit-cpu-units.72309/
    https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pct.html#pct_cpu

Can you give this a shot? @cociu

• @Hakim said:
    Hey @isunbejo, did they solved your multi-core performance issue?

singgle core > 4 core :#

Thu Jan 14 18:19:35 UTC 2021

Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2397.222 MHz
    RAM        : 3.9 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 246.0 GiB

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 622
    Multi Core      | 564
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5889310

• zappatazappata Member
    edited January 2021

Hm.. Will there be any changes in the future. I've got one of the special kvm storage plans and well. It's very cheap but it's also very slow... Always thought 4 cores and 4gb ram. This will work out but these are the benchmarks... Also network speed is very slow...
    Is this because there have to be some changes or is it always that slow?

Processor  : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 1795.672 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 3.9 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 387.6 GiB

Read       | 7.89 MB/s     (1.9k) | 7.56 MB/s      (118)
    Write      | 7.93 MB/s     (1.9k) | 7.91 MB/s      (123)
    Total      | 15.82 MB/s    (3.9k) | 15.47 MB/s     (241)
               |                      |                     
    Read       | 26.74 MB/s      (52) | 86.40 MB/s      (84)
    Write      | 28.88 MB/s      (56) | 92.16 MB/s      (90)
    Total      | 55.62 MB/s     (108) | 178.57 MB/s    (174)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | 178 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 157 Mbits/sec   | 162 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 93.2 Mbits/sec  | 196 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 194 Mbits/sec   | 88.5 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 105 Mbits/sec   | 133 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 109 Mbits/sec   | 139 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 172 Mbits/sec   | 143 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy           

Running GB5 benchmark test... *cue elevator music*
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 139                           
    Multi Core      | 135                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5922356

When I compare to my 1core 768MB alphavps server I get these benchmarks. How is this possible? Even in multi core it's nearly three times more?!

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sat Jan 16 15:00:24 CET 2021

Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2450L 0 @ 1.80GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 1795.647 MHz
    RAM        : 744.4 MiB
    Swap       : 2.9 GiB
    Disk       : 251.9 GiB

Read       | 72.04 MB/s   (18.0k) | 1.04 GB/s    (16.2k)
    Write      | 72.23 MB/s   (18.0k) | 1.04 GB/s    (16.3k)
    Total      | 144.28 MB/s  (36.0k) | 2.09 GB/s    (32.6k)
               |                      |                     
    Read       | 2.07 GB/s     (4.0k) | 248.08 MB/s    (242)
    Write      | 2.18 GB/s     (4.2k) | 264.60 MB/s    (258)
    Total      | 4.25 GB/s     (8.3k) | 512.68 MB/s    (500)

iperf3 binary download failed. Skipping iperf network tests...

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 330                           
    Multi Core      | 322                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5923550