Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MASSIVE BLACK FRIDAY DEALS - 100% PURE SSD KVM VPS FOR JUST € 1.00 !!! - By VPSslim - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MASSIVE BLACK FRIDAY DEALS - 100% PURE SSD KVM VPS FOR JUST € 1.00 !!! - By VPSslim

Comments

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

@mhasandx said:
    at last finally i made my payment with so much hassle. First there was billing invoice issue, after that font issue. And then there was crypto payment issue because bitpay is banned in out country that is why the payment gateway was not working. thus it was stuck on please wait page. But there is another problem @VPSSLIM 0 service showing in my account.

This has been resolved for you through ticket :-)

• do you offer yearly payment discount?

• no paypal? :(

• ssd hard disk io is very low, when can i improve

@smaart said:
    do you offer yearly payment discount?

No sorry

@Rajino said:
    no paypal? :(

Unfortunately not :(

@noonoo said:
    ssd hard disk io is very low, when can i improve

Hi, can you PM me your ticket ID?

• @VPSSLIM said:

@adns said:
    Dear @VPSSLIM!

I have performance problems on my machine. I have packet loss, and all tasks (SSH console, APT tasks) are very slow. The VM is near unusable in this state.

Can you help me? I think it is a very good offer for this price so I know that problems might occur, but in currently state it is hard to use...

Did you open a ticket? if so can you PM me your ticket ID please?

I had opened and sent a PM to you:)

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2020

Wow! Just WOW!

You people act like you have never purchased a VPS on LET before. Past that you act like you didn't pay $1 for a service usually worth 4-6x that and you come here to complain that during the initial days of things being rolled out (WHICH WILL OBVIOUSLY BE OVERSOLD AT THE PRICE YOU PAID) things are going slow or are 'unstable'... What are you lunatics expecting for $1.00 per month? Wait a week, come back to the server then once everyone has finished their 9000 YABS / Benchmarks / installation / re-installations. At the same time you also have a bunch of other numpties which start running torrents on their $1.00 per month VPS just destroying disk IO and network on the nodes without consideration for others... so yeah.. give it some time.

All these things you are all complaining about are the things that normally happen when you take one huge node and stack it full of unsustainable $1.00 per month servers where people already plan to push things as much as they can (EX: Those running bunch of benchmarks currently while others are simply trying to get their server installed and setup and stealing all the CPU time and IO time for pointless testing).

You all need to adopt the standard "BF DEAL" mentality of "Great I got a nice new VM at a deal, now lets wait a week for every tom-dick-and-harry to run their benchmarks, installs, abuse their server with torrents and similar" (until they will be kicked or limited for abuse) before you start to really try and use the server. It's like you guys think you paid retail and should get a retail service -- you didn't -- you paid for a too good to be true service that's more than obviously oversold and until things balance out and people stop being abusive, its gonna be slow and unstable, you are all competing for resources.

You all need to readjust your expectations to be more realistic!

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1spectraip
  • @TheLinuxBug said:

@pepa65 said:
    These deals are completely crazy and unbelievable. Why are there only so few people jumping on this??

Because they are not accepting PayPal. No offense to the host, but I would never enter my credit card info directly into their site. Also, I am sure it's because of the payment gateway overhead and how cheap they are making this deal, so for some it may be a worth while trade-off -- though for me it's no bueno.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

At least in my country, we can generate one-time use virtual debit cards.
    Perhaps there is something like that in your country banks aswell.
    Basically i select amount i want to create card with, it generates me a virtual card, after purchase i delete the virtual card and done.

• Here is the benchmark of my vps. disk speed seems to be low but i am happy with price value
    `[root@supermanonmoon ~]# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2020-11-20

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Thu Dec 3 18:43:10 IST 2020

Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    CPU cores : 1 @ 1999.999 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 818.7 MiB
    Swap : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk : 48.2 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 1.36 MB/s (340) 22.09 MB/s (345)
    Write 1.39 MB/s (348) 22.60 MB/s (353)
    Total 2.75 MB/s (688) 44.69 MB/s (698)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 92.70 MB/s (181) 116.99 MB/s (114)
    Write 97.62 MB/s (190) 124.79 MB/s (121)
    Total 190.32 MB/s (371) 241.78 MB/s (235)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 111 Mbits/sec | 431 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 137 Mbits/sec | 540 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 500 Mbits/sec | 517 Mbits/sec
    Biznet | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G) | 176 Mbits/sec | 93.9 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 57.8 Mbits/sec | 281 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 153 Mbits/sec | 278 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 8.13 Mbits/sec | 192 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 158
    Multi Core | 165
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5133250
    `

• tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited December 2020

I put in a cancellation of my KVM VPS #1 with Cancellation In Effect: End of Billing Period. Was not really going to ask for a refund since it's not a lot of money.

However now you have terminated my VPS early so I am asking for a refund, just because it's a matter of principle - I don't have access to what I paid for anymore. #202145

Hope this goes through ok and wishing you all the best of luck in the future!

Edit: Took about 1h to get a refund notice which I think is a quite good turn around time. Hope everyone is happy with the server they got!
    The VPS OpenVZ #2 servers seem to be faster than the KVM ones.

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited December 2020

EDIT: fuck sake I posted praise on the wrong thread, as always, AVOID THIS PROVIDER.

• @TheLinuxBug said: Wow! Just WOW!

You people act like you have never purchased a VPS on LET before. Past that you act like you didn't pay $1 for a service usually worth 4-6x that and you come here to complain that during the initial days of things being rolled out (WHICH WILL OBVIOUSLY BE OVERSOLD AT THE PRICE YOU PAID)

It's not so much about what it is but about what is being promised. If they can't keep the promise then you have a right to be outraged even if the promise is unrealistic to begin with. THEY should know better BEFORE they started selling it. If you know you can't keep the promise of stability or performance then don't do it. If you know and still do it, get ready for a shitstorm.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2020

@vmp32k said:

@TheLinuxBug said: Wow! Just WOW!

You people act like you have never purchased a VPS on LET before. Past that you act like you didn't pay $1 for a service usually worth 4-6x that and you come here to complain that during the initial days of things being rolled out (WHICH WILL OBVIOUSLY BE OVERSOLD AT THE PRICE YOU PAID)

It's not so much about what it is but about what is being promised. If they can't keep the promise then you have a right to be outraged even if the promise is unrealistic to begin with. THEY should know better BEFORE they started selling it. If you know you can't keep the promise of stability or performance then don't do it. If you know and still do it, get ready for a shitstorm.

That's because they should have done their deployments like Hosthatch and staggered them over a 7 day period so you don't have 1000 people on day one trying to install and use all the resources at once. If anything, that is their only failure here. Surely though if they had done it that way, people would have come here to whine and complain about it taking so long to provision instead.

The failure on the customers side is to not anticipate this would be exactly what would happen when 1000 people are instantly provisioned on 2-3 nodes without any delay or staggering and all the resources get slammed at once by people benchmarking, installing their server, etc.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:

@vmp32k said:

That's because they should have done their deployments like Hosthatch and staggered them over a 7 day period so you don't have 1000 people on day one trying to install and use all the resources at once. If anything, that is their only failure here. Surely though if they had done it that way, people would have come here to whine and complain about it taking so long to provision instead.

The failure on the customers side is to not anticipate this would be exactly what would happen when 1000 people are instantly provisioned on 2-3 nodes without any delay or staggering and all the resources get slammed at once by people benchmarking, installing their server, etc.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

I totaly agree with you.

From my point of view, support is very responsive, and tries to help in every case. It seams that they have one node which is not acting well, and probably all these complaints are from that node. On that node I had floppy disk speeds on my KVM #2, after some fiddling around support recreated my VM on another node and disk speeds are as expected. Just don't expect NVME speeds on cheepest VM possoble! Resources are not dedicated to you. We all share them.

My 2 cents.

• @TheLinuxBug said:

@vmp32k said:

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

OTOH, liteserver received thousands of orders as well with instant provisioning, but the benchmarks and real world performance are exactly as one would expect a VM of certain specs to deliver. Just saying.

• Tickets are going into a blackhole, when you try to submit one it doesn't appear in the panel nor do you receive an email. Good one, mr summer host.

• palbateypalbatey Member
    edited December 2020

The truth, I've been at this since 1993. There's no way a KVM can be this low in price without the company going into RED. I took a shot for a couple of bucks for testing and I did have to wait a bit.
    Customer support is A1+++++.
    Incredible response, anyway, to make a long story longer...I have changed OS and CPs just to see...
    I'm impressed. I own 2 dedicated servers at $700 a month for both.
    Kudos to you guys...
    Gracias...!

@palbatey said:
    The truth, I've been at this since 1993. There's no way a KVM can be this low in price without the company going into RED. I took a shot for a couple of bucks for testing and I did have to wait a bit.
    Customer support is A1+++++.
    Incredible response, anyway, to make a long story longer...I have changed OS and CPs just to see...
    I'm impressed. I own 2 dedicated servers at $700 a month for both.
    Kudos to you guys...
    Gracias...!

Thanks a lot :) Yes we are not making a dime on this offer but we'd like to give something back to the LET community :-)

@jmgcaguicla said:
    Tickets are going into a blackhole, when you try to submit one it doesn't appear in the panel nor do you receive an email. Good one, mr summer host.

Summer host? Well TBH we have been around for 12 summers now :)

Can you PM me your invoice ID so I can look into your client account?

• Can you speedup IPV6 setup for openvz still waiting on it
    Ticket #822687
    Tnx

@reb0rn said:
    Can you speedup IPV6 setup for openvz still waiting on it
    Ticket #822687
    Tnx

Yes will be replied to asap

• @VPSSLIM said:

@jmgcaguicla said:
    Tickets are going into a blackhole, when you try to submit one it doesn't appear in the panel nor do you receive an email. Good one, mr summer host.

Summer host? Well TBH we have been around for 12 summers now :)

Can you PM me your invoice ID so I can look into your client account?

That was supposed to be a playful jab, I am aware you have been around for quite some time (albeit not with the most stellar reputation), make of that what you will.

Tickets seem to work now (turning tickets off during weekends I see 🙃), I submitted one 428708.

• I Just dont know why my vps got suspended.
    I just use my VPS only for website.

• blessbless Member
    edited December 2020

I got offline server and a promise they will activate new nodes soon. Today they terminated my offline server. No response for tickets. Lost 2.5 euro + VAT. I wonder they have time to response on this thread but no response from support.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @bless said:
    I got offline server and a promise they will activate new nodes soon. Today they terminated my offline server. No response for tickets. Lost 2.5 euro + VAT. I wonder they have time to response on this thread but no response from support.

Chargeback? :lol:

• axelblazeaxelblaze Member
    edited December 2020

Paid for a dedicated server on 2/12. Server not provisioned yet nor any ETA. Tickets aren’t replied. There is no answer to the point. They suck and shouldn’t be allowed on Black Friday Offers.

• don't worry folks, they have been around for 12 summers now.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@notarobo said:
    don't worry folks, they have been around for 12 summers now.

Wow, 12 summers.

So does that make them a summer host?