Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Black Friday 2020! A little early? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Black Friday 2020! A little early?

Comments

• I've been using MXRoute since January, it's been great so far. I'm definitely jumping on this one.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

The $5 BF promo is live on https://mxroute.blackfriday. There were 300 in stock but product ID guessers grabbed the first two :)

• @jar said:
    The $5 BF promo is live on https://mxroute.blackfriday. There were 300 in stock but product ID guessers grabbed the first two :)

Thanks @jar Got one.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:

Thank you! Glad I've been checking throughout the day

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:

Thanks, got one!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Thank you ! :D
    grab one $5, and the journey begins.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar any additional BF flash sale offers with bigger storage this year ?

Thanked by 1user123
  • kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited November 2020

@yoursunny said: In a website that accepts user registration, confirm the email address of the user. The email address is entered on the form.

That's a good example and I'm sure @jar is flexible about this as long as everything turns out legit.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Got one. Thanks

Thanked by 1jar
  • $15 and $5 mails will be on the same server?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ywTech said:
    $15 and $5 mails will be on the same server?

Aye, they're all going to Taylor right now. May deploy a new server within 24h, playing it by ear. Always have a spare on hand.

Thanked by 2ywTech ashcraye
  • Hi, a quick question
    I am with dreamhost shared webhosting, is it possible to move my mailbox account to mxroute?

• @dokter said:
    Hi, a quick question
    I am with dreamhost shared webhosting, is it possible to move my mailbox account to mxroute?

Yes, but you had to do this yourself afaik no service on the promo plans.

We need $10 - 5gig + unlimited accs.

Thanked by 1dokter
  • @webcraft said:

@dokter said:
    Hi, a quick question

Yes, but you had to do this yourself afaik no service on the promo plans.

We need $10 - 5gig + unlimited accs.

Hi, thanks for your reply

As long as there is some sort of tutorial, I will do it, since, what I have read, because dreamhost using custom panel, it kinda hard and complicated to move mail account and its mailbox to other host.

I asked this since, if it only to start new mail account and box, it will be really easy, but if involving move the old mailbox account, it is still a big question for me.

What I can do, one of my sister, want her email account move with her old mailbox.

• @dokter said:

As long as there is some sort of tutorial, I will do it, since, what I have read, because dreamhost using custom panel, it kinda hard and complicated to move mail account and its mailbox to other host.

I asked this since, if it only to start new mail account and box, it will be really easy, but if involving move the old mailbox account, it is still a big question for me.

What I can do, one of my sister, want her email account move with her old mailbox.

I suppose this requires manual transfer. For cPanel there might be a automation module but no idea if there's also one for general mailboxes. Maybe backup by roundcube and then import by roundcube from directadmin. Maybe this is a solution, at least it can work like this if transferring between hosted exchange (ms outlook).

Thanked by 1dokter
  • @doktor I believe there is a section in the docs about moving accounts over to MXroute. The docs are open, so you can read them before setting up an account with MXroute.

Another way, assuming the Dreamhost account is IMAP, is to set up each new mailbox in the same client (T'bird, that 'Doze thing or whatever you're using) and simply drag and drop from the Dreamhost instance to the MXroute instance.

Thanked by 1dokter
  • @jar said:

Just grabbed one

• dominamedominame Member
    edited November 2020

I'm still lurking on this thread. Got my BF deal days ago but waiting to see if Jared has a rush of blood to the head and drops in a BF/CM reseller deal :)

Thanked by 1user123
  • I've just got a $15 one. Thank you MXroute and LET!

• @dominame said:
    I'm still lurking on this thread. Got my BF deal days ago but waiting to see if Jared has a rush of blood to the head and drops in a BF/CM reseller deal :)

Same! If I recall correctly, he hinted that something else would come on BF...

Thanked by 1dominame
    edited November 2020

@Pixels I recall he said something like "maybe" but it didn't refer to reseller packages. I'm dropping hints, not trying to hold him to something he didn't say. ;)

Also, I can't remember whether the "maybe something else" was BF, CM or no specific time or day?

• @webcraft said:

@dokter said:

I suppose this requires manual transfer. For cPanel there might be a automation module but no idea if there's also one for general mailboxes. Maybe backup by roundcube and then import by roundcube from directadmin. Maybe this is a solution, at least it can work like this if transferring between hosted exchange (ms outlook).

It is a nice idea, I will try to look on it, since it will easier if move it in one box then try to move the email manually.
    Thank you so much for your suggestions.

@dominame said:
    @doktor I believe there is a section in the docs about moving accounts over to MXroute. The docs are open, so you can read them before setting up an account with MXroute.

Another way, assuming the Dreamhost account is IMAP, is to set up each new mailbox in the same client (T'bird, that 'Doze thing or whatever you're using) and simply drag and drop from the Dreamhost instance to the MXroute instance.

Yes after @webcraft replied me at the first post, I was take a look at the mx website, and found out about imapsync, it almost the same as imapcopy, but I will use this as second best options, since my sister mailbox is about 600 MB, if doing it by one email to one email, it will take a long time, and I am afraid my connection while doing it, is disconnected or something.
    But if I can found a way to move the mailbox in one, it will easier and faster, since it only one big file, instead I have to move a lot of small files.

I am also thinking the same way, if I cannot find a better alternative like move it as a mailbox, I will use the imapcopy. if imapcopy didn't work well, I will use the old good but slow t'bird as my last resort.

I don't understand why, but lately t'bird is really slow in my computer.

Anyway, thank you so much for your suggestions,

edited November 2020

@dokter said: mailbox is about 600 MB

If your sister's mailbox is on the same computer, especially the same instance of T'bird, as yours, no wonder it is slow. It also means you have wasted space on the server. IMAP sync's emails between server and client, so it is checking an awful lot of data every time it is used.

Ask her to get rid of what she doesn't need to keep, or swap her account to POP3 if she insists on keeping it all. But with POP3 you need to remember to clear out the mailbox on the server regularly, or write a script with a cron job to do it for you periodically.

With IMAP a deletion on the client deletes that message on the server. With POP3 you keep a local copy of what you download but there is no sync'ing with what's left on the server, so that just continues to grow if not attended to.

• Still hoping for a new deal from MX route with larger space.

Thanked by 1user123
  • Hello, am i use it my external cpanel users for mail? is it possible?

• @Bandai said:
    Still hoping for a new deal from MX route with larger space.

Same, 50GB :#

• Great Company, i do recomment it!

• @dokter said:

@webcraft said:

@dokter said:

It is a nice idea, I will try to look on it, since it will easier if move it in one box then try to move the email manually.
    Thank you so much for your suggestions.

@dominame said:
    @doktor I believe there is a section in the docs about moving accounts over to MXroute. The docs are open, so you can read them before setting up an account with MXroute.

Yes after @webcraft replied me at the first post, I was take a look at the mx website, and found out about imapsync, it almost the same as imapcopy, but I will use this as second best options, since my sister mailbox is about 600 MB, if doing it by one email to one email, it will take a long time, and I am afraid my connection while doing it, is disconnected or something.
    But if I can found a way to move the mailbox in one, it will easier and faster, since it only one big file, instead I have to move a lot of small files.

I am also thinking the same way, if I cannot find a better alternative like move it as a mailbox, I will use the imapcopy. if imapcopy didn't work well, I will use the old good but slow t'bird as my last resort.

I don't understand why, but lately t'bird is really slow in my computer.

Anyway, thank you so much for your suggestions,

IIRC, I used imapsync to originally migrate from GMail to MXRoute years ago.

• @Bandai said:

same!
    still waiting patiently here :smile:

• @Bandai said:

Thats why i moved to inbox.eu ... 100GB for 3€.....