Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Black Friday 2020! A little early? - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Black Friday 2020! A little early?

14567810»

Comments

• smtp relay service is also limited to 5 domains on $5 plan ?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2021

@jcarlo9 said:
    smtp relay service is also limited to 5 domains on $5 plan ?

No. SMTP is SMTP whether it’s marketed as relay or not, but please don’t try to use us for that unless you’re good at managing your servers. I’m good at managing mine and if you’re not, I may routinely break all outbound mail from your servers to compensate for a failure on them (compromised websites sending spam, that root cron you run every minute that sends from “root@localhost” etc).

I have many customers using it as a relay, and many others I’ve refunded and turned away as they expected me to effectively take up management for the activity on their super busy servers, packed with poorly configured applications blasting trash into queues.

Thanked by 2jcarlo9 scooke
  • jcarlo9jcarlo9 Barred
    edited April 2021

@jar said:

@jcarlo9 said:
    smtp relay service is also limited to 5 domains on $5 plan ?

No. SMTP is SMTP whether it’s marketed as relay or not, but please don’t try to use us for that unless you’re good at managing your servers. I’m good at managing mine and if you’re not, I may routinely break all outbound mail from your servers to compensate for a failure on them (compromised websites sending spam, that root cron you run every minute that sends from “root@localhost” etc).

I have many customers using it as a relay, and many others I’ve refunded and turned away as they expected me to effectively take up management for the activity on their super busy servers, packed with poorly configured applications blasting trash into queues.

Thank you for the response. I'm fully aware of that responsibility and I'm not going to use it on a busy production servers. My server is just a small vps with KeyHelp panel on it hosting a few blog sites of me and my friends. Btw, I already snagged a $15/year plan. Thank you for that accidental restocks. 😅

Thanked by 1jar
  • edited April 2021

@jar said:
    While cancelling orders that had never been paid in WHMCS, going back to 2018, I seem to have accidentally restocked a few of the promo packages from this thread. It's just a few, have fun, it wasn't intentional but I'm overlooking it.

Tried to use promo code both ways when ordering the "Small" plan ($5 Promo) but neither one worked when I clicked "validate."
    BF2020SMALL
    BF 2020 SMALL

Can anyone please clue me in?

• @Offshore_Solutions said:

@jar said:
    While cancelling orders that had never been paid in WHMCS, going back to 2018, I seem to have accidentally restocked a few of the promo packages from this thread. It's just a few, have fun, it wasn't intentional but I'm overlooking it.

Tried to use promo code both ways when ordering the "Small 10 GB" plan ($5 Promo) but neither one worked when I clicked "validate."
    BF2020SMALL
    BF 2020 SMALL

2GB Storage
    5 Domains
    25 Email Accounts
    25 Email Forwarders
    25 Domain Aliases
    300 outbound per hour (per email)
    $5/Year
    https://portal.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=108

25GB Storage
    Unlimited Domains
    Unlimited Emails
    300 outbound per hour (per email)
    $15/Year
    https://portal.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=107

• Which server> @Offshore_Solutions said:

@jar said:

Tried to use promo code both ways when ordering the "Small 10 GB" plan ($5 Promo) but neither one worked when I clicked "validate."
    BF2020SMALL
    BF 2020 SMALL

The $5 plan is nothing close to 10GB. Where did you get that code anyway?

• @Offshore_Solutions said:

@jar said:

BF2020SMALL
    BF 2020 SMALL

Check webarchive page shared above. Click on the desired BF product. Remove webarchive portion from the url. It will take you to the service portal

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • edited April 2021

@xetsys said:
    @Offshore_Solutions said:

@jar said:

BF2020SMALL
    BF 2020 SMALL

Check webarchive page shared above. Click on the desired BF product. Remove webarchive portion from the url. It will take you to the service portal

That worked, I ordered the "small" plan and thank you @xetsys
    Thank you @jar for bringing Black Friday early!
    Now if only I can convince @dustinc for an early Black Friday special on his VPS 😜

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2021

To recap...

@jar had a special Black Friday offer. Some dude (who obviously can't read) revived this post 6 months later. Nobody was banned and thread was not closed. Now others abuse this thread instead of letting it sink, while playing stupid they don't know what a Black Friday special offer is...

Thanked by 2angstrom Abd
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited April 2021

@Offshore_Solutions said: Thank you @jar for bringing Black Friday early!

The opening post dates from 03 November 2020. At the end of April 2021, it's not about "bringing Black Friday early".

• weaselweasel Member
    edited April 2021

@jar said: While cancelling orders that had never been paid in WHMCS, going back to 2018, I seem to have accidentally restocked a few of the promo packages from this thread. It's just a few, have fun, it wasn't intentional but I'm overlooking it.

Jar 'da man! Finally joined the MXRoute club :) Appreciate this insane generosity!

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • @jar said: that root cron you run every minute that sends from “root@localhost” etc).

I hate you, took me 5 minutes to fix that :<

also bump, double bandwidth please, specially for @default

Thanked by 2jar chocolateshirt
  • damandaman Member

I'm still looking for the 100GB plan ($30 for 3 years). :(

• Waldo19Waldo19 Member

@daman said:

ha, keep looking brother. Alot of ppl I know would pay way more for that one.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@daman said:

Might still be a few of the LEB Black Friday promos left in stock

• sanvitsanvit Member

@daman said:

Was there even such an option? That looks like a steal