Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

microLXC Public Test - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

microLXC Public Test

Comments

• Otus9051Otus9051 Member
    edited February 2023

506b-ebea-85f9-6f56

also just realised you need 50 posts

• if we can't connect to our microLXC, when able to before, even after restarting the instance, then how do we reach out to get it working again?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@chitree said:
    if we can't connect to our microLXC, when able to before, even after restarting the instance, then how do we reach out to get it working again?

Could you be more precise? like Location, what exactly does not work.

• chitreechitree Member
    edited February 2023

@Neoon said:

@chitree said:
    if we can't connect to our microLXC, when able to before, even after restarting the instance, then how do we reach out to get it working again?

Ok - was not sure if this was the place to reach out to.

I was able to SSH into the box last week using How to connect: ssh -i yourkey root@IP -p16200, but recently I get ssh: connect to host IP port 16200: Connection refused

I can see status of running in the dashboard, so I restarted the instance & still unable to connect to it.

@chitree said:

@Neoon said:

@chitree said:

Fixed, you don't need to post the IP's here, Location is enough usually.

• @Neoon said:

@chitree said:

@Neoon said:

@chitree said:

Ok, I removed the IP from the other post but I'm still getting connection refused on that server.

@chitree said:

@Neoon said:

@chitree said:

@Neoon said:

@chitree said:

Ok, I removed the IP from the other post but I'm still getting connection refused on that server.

The issue mentioned before is fixed.
    Your SSH server isn't listening at all, explains your issue.

I don't know what you configured or/and broken, so I suggest a reinstall.

• foudrefoudre Member
    edited February 2023

How many thanked is required ? Thanks
    I'm interested to try a haproxy server

• @foudre said:

The latest requirements can be found here.
    https://microlxc.net/index.php?p=about

• still work?

• @wagumaxida said:
    still work?

Yes

• @tototo said:

@foudre said:

The latest requirements can be found here.
    https://microlxc.net/index.php?p=about

Ok thanks I will wait

• lq9xlq9x Member
    edited February 2023

@Neoon I have just tried reinstalling my vps in Sandefjord due to a mistake making it impossible to start ssh service after rebooting the instance. Now I get this error "Failed to reinstall container". When I click on the Manage button, it shows "Failed to contact Node, please try again later." Could you please help me check mine if possible? Thank you.

• @lq9x said:
    @Neoon I have just tried reinstalling my vps in Sandefjord due to a mistake making it impossible to start ssh service after rebooting the instance. Now I get this error "Failed to reinstall container". When I click on the Manage button, it shows "Failed to contact Node, please try again later." Could you please help me check mine if possible? Thank you.

Same here. Cannot reinstall my Tokyo box. "Failed to reinstall container" issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

• 4a38-f9c5-26c6-c03d

@lq9x @jwg29859

Should be fixed.
    I am planning replacing LXD in a while, however no ETA yet.

Thanked by 2jwg29859 lq9x

I dislike the current state of microlxc.
    The ongoing issues with LXD, ongoing Network issues in some Locations, does not really reach the quality level I wanted to provide.

Plus, I can only code for a few hours per day and I have a lot of projects to code on.
    Hence I made the decision to close the registration for new accounts, for now.

No, I don't have in mind to kill the project, however, purging LXD and replacing it internally with Proxmox, which is more reliable in the long run.
    Yea I know Bookworm is going to ship with LXD, without snap, however I don't know if this would make LXD feasible again.

That would be a thing to figure out.

• @Neoon said:
    @lq9x @jwg29859

Should be fixed.

Hi @Neoon appreciate your help but I still cannot manage mine in Sandefjord. It shows "Failed to contact Node, please try again later" like this.

Actually it has been very stable until my recent mistake causing ssh to die. Could you help me terminate mine?

@lq9x said:

@Neoon said:
    @lq9x @jwg29859

Should be fixed.

Hi @Neoon appreciate your help but I still cannot manage mine in Sandefjord. It shows "Failed to contact Node, please try again later" like this.

Actually it has been very stable until my recent mistake causing ssh to die. Could you help me terminate mine?

It was stuck, should be solved.

Thanked by 1lq9x
  • Hi, I would like to try it
    3924-34e4-9358-177e

thanks!

Likely in 4-6 weeks I am going to have 1-2 nodes available to carry out a test for Debian 12 / Bookworm with LXD.
    This Test will be Public as before, however time limited.

Approximately 3 months, up to 6 months, if it's a success indefinitely.
    At this point I would either switch the rest of the systems to Debian 12 or Proxmox.

Thanked by 3jwg29859 Ganonk bdl
  • niknik Member, Host Rep

What issues are you facing with LXD?

edited February 2023

@nik said:

Generally speaking 2 types of issues.

1. Temporary, can be fixed by a restart

LXD freezes, it rarely happens, however everything associated with it, goes down.
    The System itself, runs fine, nothing that would explain the behaviour of LXD.

Network interfaces getting buggy over time, you can't delete them.
    Which fixes itself after a reboot.

Unable to unmount VMs after some time, which yet works flawless after a reboot.
    Apparently this is partially caused by processes still using the mount, despite the VM has been fully halted.

This one is hard to reproduce, because it happens after a long time, it affects containers and virtual machines together. I posted all I could when this did happen, however this still remains unfixed.

1. Permanent, where Instances literally get deleted out of existence until you rebuild them.
      Never had this issue with LXD 4 LTS, seems to be a new feature with LXD 5 LTS.

Sadly, I was forced to upgrade to LXD 5, since the dev's refused at first, to fix an issue, which made VM's unable to start.

The Dev's basically sad, nah we are not going to fix it, because its not a security issue, LXD 4 LTS is old.
    After back and forth, they agreed on fixing it, weeks later, after I already upgraded.

If something breaks with LXD, you are out of luck.

Thanked by 2ariq01 jwg29859
  • niknik Member, Host Rep

@Neoon said:

@nik said:

LXD freezes, it rarely happens, however everything associated with it, goes down.

Apparently this is partially caused by processes still using the mount, despite the VM has been fully halted.

This one is hard to reproduce, because it happens after a long time, it affects containers and virtual machines together. I posted all I could when this did happen, however this still remains unfixed.

1. Permanent, where Instances literally get deleted out of existence until you rebuild them.

Sadly, I was forced to upgrade to LXD 5, since the dev's refused at first, to fix an issue, which made VM's unable to start.

The Dev's basically sad, nah we are not going to fix it, because its not a security issue, LXD 4 LTS is old.
    After back and forth, they agreed on fixing it, weeks later, after I already upgraded.

Thanks for the detailed response. Very interesting, I am running LXD for a very long time (5+ years) and never experienced your first issue. It is working very stable for me with multiple versions. Is this happening in all your regions or only one specific location?

@nik said:

@Neoon said:

@nik said:

Thanks for the detailed response. Very interesting, I am running LXD for a very long time (5+ years) and never experienced your first issue. It is working very stable for me with multiple versions. Is this happening in all your regions or only one specific location?

It does affect all Locations, depending on LXD version more or less.
    What config are you running with your systems?

• @Neoon Could I have more quota please? Thanks.

• 6907-2d3d-b2fb-e9a0 thanks!

• @smiths said:
    6907-2d3d-b2fb-e9a0 thanks!

No

@gdnotme said:
    @Neoon Could I have more quota please? Thanks.

No, I don't increase quotas anymore, for now.

@tototo said:

@smiths said:
    6907-2d3d-b2fb-e9a0 thanks!

No

He is just trying out random user names, that qualify for the req.
    However he doesn't know, that a) the registration is disabled and b) the system actual checks who posts the token.

Thanked by 2ariq01 Ganonk
  • emghemgh Member
    edited February 2023

Wanted to register, closed, very sad.