Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDoc are closing down - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDoc are closing down

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Hostdoc is now closed. DocHost starting soon.

• LeeLee Veteran

Has Hostdoc closed down? Wow, never heard anything.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Jord said:

Hi Jord,

I guess that means that they are going to open now as DocHost.

Is it possible contacting with Hostdoc yet?. I missed the closure email and I had two domains I forgot to do any backup of the wordpress db.

Regards

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

Hi Jord,

Is it possible contacting with Hostdoc yet?. I missed the closure email and I had two domains I forgot to do any backup of the wordpress db.

Regards

Sorry sir, I was joking, as the owner has the habit of creating new companies after closing his old ones.

I doubt you will get anything from him, most of his servers are now offline and so is his main website.

I would suggest moving your domains and rebuild your sites from any backups you may have.

There are plenty of hosting providers, including me who I'm sure will be happy to home you and get you back up and running :)

• @randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

Hi Jord,

So shared hosting is also offline now?

I got a refund from PayPal after successfully filing a claim.

• @Jord said:

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

Hi Jord,

Regards

Sorry sir, I was joking, as the owner has the habit of creating new companies after closing his old ones.

I doubt you will get anything from him, most of his servers are now offline and so is his main website.

I would suggest moving your domains and rebuild your sites from any backups you may have.

There are plenty of hosting providers, including me who I'm sure will be happy to home you and get you back up and running :)

Thanks Jord, I sent him a private message just in case.

I am working on that, starting with looking and storing googled cached content and with all I can get starting the rebuild.

Tomorrow morning I will have a look to your link @Jord, I need to have one of the webs available again by Saturday, so I guess It's going to be a hard week.

• @Jord is premium if you need some uk love

• @debaser said:

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

Hi Jord,

Yep, Cpanel is not accessible anymore, DNS servers are down.

So probably It's going to be almost impossible to recover anything. My concern is not about money, it is just the lost work.

I am happy you've got your money back at least.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

Hi Jord,

Regards

“ Last Active February 3” - based on this you’re unlikely to receive a response... :-(

Thanked by 1randomrandom
  • @Clouvider said:

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

Hi Jord,

Regards

“ Last Active February 3” - based on this you’re unlikely to receive a response... :-(

Although I am 100% sure he is lurking on these threads under a different nickname, he can't just up and leave without keeping an eye on the fallout.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@t0ny0 said:

@Clouvider said:

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

Hi Jord,

Regards

Although I am 100% sure he is lurking on these threads under a different nickname, he can't just up and leave without keeping an eye on the fallout.

Without a doubt :)

@debaser said:

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

Hi Jord,

I believe everything is offline now, even though he said shared hosting would remain online for 6 months.

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

Hi Jord,

Regards

I am working on that, starting with looking and storing googled cached content and with all I can get starting the rebuild.

Tomorrow morning I will have a look to your link @Jord, I need to have one of the webs available again by Saturday, so I guess It's going to be a hard week.

No problem, I can certainly help, any questions please let me know :)

Thanked by 1randomrandom
  • @randomrandom said:

@debaser said:

I am happy you've got your money back at least.

I advise everyone to file a claim as well. Especially now the services are down.

https://status.hostdoc.co.uk/

Some servers are still up, so if you are still able to get to your server BACKUP WHAT YOU CAN NOW

Also I've just noticed some of these servers which have died before, have now come back online again which is rather weird.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Jord said:
    Also I've just noticed some of these servers which have died before, have now come back online again which is rather weird.

Monitoring probably pings IP, address/server likely recycled

Thanked by 2uptime dedotatedwam

@Clouvider said:

@Jord said:

Monitoring probably pings IP, address/server likely recycled

Yes good point, I haven't had my panda nap this afternoon so I'm a little bit foggy 😂

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @t0ny0 said:

@Clouvider said:

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

@randomrandom said:

@Jord said:

Hi Jord,

Regards

Doubt it. Where's that pic of joker walking away from the hospital blowing up in the background?

• @FrankZ said:

Thanked by 2FrankZ TimboJones
  • @FrankZ said:

let me fix it for you

Thanked by 2FrankZ dahartigan
  • Am I the tree or just in the tree? Howcome I'm upside down?

• Thanks for your post

• @SamuelBurke said:
    Thanks for your post

Congrats on your third original post

(There's a "Thanks" function if you wish to thank someone)

Thanked by 1bdl
  • lontong said: let me fix it for you

I see what you did there. : :naughty:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited February 2020

@dahartigan said:
    Am I the tree or just in the tree? Howcome I'm upside down?

'cause you're rooted! :lol:

• @randomrandom there's a plugin that will back your WordPress up to something like google drive, i think the name is UpdraftPlus.

• dahartigan said: I think the refunds may be done in stages, I imagine it would require a lot of cash to refund everyone in one go.

No

Chike's definitely not a scammer and I know he wouldn't rip people off. After everything said and done, I honestly believe that he will honor refunds.

No

I hope that helps calm some concerns!

No

Thanked by 2TimboJones Clouvider
  • Why are you quoting a message from 25 days ago?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
This discussion has been closed.