Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDoc are closing down - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDoc are closing down

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@TimboJones said:
    You're not @Clouvider's mother, father or wife, how dare you judge him and expect him to bow to what you perceive to be social norms! Who are you to decide what his responsibilities are?

I did not judge him. I asked him a question (and in fact I rather like him).

Should you ever please to think you might want to find it interesting to look into the question of the importance of what you perceive as social norms has or has not for others.

Should you ever please to think you might want to find it interesting to look into the question of the difference between judging and asking a question ;)

Thanks for your efforts.

• @jsg and @TimboJones you guys are entertaining lol

• Oh shit I was too busy to buck up my data. And the server seems down already.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited February 2020

@jsg said:

@TimboJones said:
    You're not @Clouvider's mother, father or wife, how dare you judge him and expect him to bow to what you perceive to be social norms! Who are you to decide what his responsibilities are?

I did not judge him. I asked him a question (and in fact I rather like him).

When you add words like "really" and "yet" to that question, you judged that he wasn't following your perceived social norms and disguised it as a question even though we all knew the answer was "yes" and you thought "no". Don't be obtuse.

• Popcorn time. Came for the Deadpool, stayed for the Drama.

• Hi guys, think we already know the outcome and will start actually start my claims with PayPal now, was waiting on the Doc to do it by himself but too much time has passed and all my services died about a week and a half ago.

No replies on the chat or ticket so unfortunately lost my faith.

Hope PayPal fixes at least part of the issue.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Mariomk said: Hope PayPal fixes at least part of the issue.

Can't get blood from a stone.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

Totally true, but I will definitely get nothing if I don't try!

Thanked by 2Clouvider pluush
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

Thanked by 2uptime TimboJones
  • xaocxaoc Member
    edited February 2020

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Said no one that had kidney stones ever. xD

• @Ned said:
    Oh shit I was too busy to buck up my data. And the server seems down already.

I was using HD for buck ups. Even then I always buck up my data. I even have buck ups for my buck ups, 'cos you never know when there'll be fuck ups. Like this.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Few bucks a year

• @Clouvider said:
    Few bucks a year

Epyc 7702P, 32GB ram and 16TB HDD for £3/y? Okay boss?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:
    Few bucks a year

New E series CPU, 64GB RAM, 2 x 512GB NVMe some BW how about £40 per month? ;)

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Jord said: New E series CPU, 64GB RAM, 2 x 512GB NVMe some BW how about £40 per month?

New London DA location for BaseServ? ;)

• I opened a dispute case with PayPal on 2/9. Today (2/19) PayPal issued a "provisional credit" to my account. Not clear when the dispute will be officially closed.

I opened the dispute for the unused $22 credit that was remaining on the HD account. When I opened the PayPal dispute case, I attached a pdf of the HD closing email and of the unanswered refund case I created.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited February 2020

@pri11er said:
    I opened a dispute case with PayPal on 2/9. Today (2/19) PayPal issued a "provisional credit" to my account. Not clear when the dispute will be officially closed.

I opened the dispute for the unused $22 credit that was remaining on the HD account. When I opened the PayPal dispute case, I attached a pdf of the HD closing email and of the unanswered refund case I created.

Congrats on your first comment :D

Good luck with your case and hope all ends well.

Thanked by 1pri11er
  • They were great while it lasted :( Performance was on point when I used them time ago.

• @d3rpy said:
    They were great while it lasted :( Performance was on point when I used them time ago.

Congrats on your second comment (your first since October)

• angstrom said: Congrats on your second comment (your first since October)

I'm curious. What benefits come from calling out new users and their post counts? Is it more of a dog peeing to mark it's territory?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

No, it signals that the user in question had a moment of PMS.

• @PHDan said:

angstrom said: Congrats on your second comment (your first since October)

I'm curious. What benefits come from calling out new users and their post counts? Is it more of a dog peeing to mark it's territory?

If you mean me, I have no territory to mark here!

Actually, the comment by @d3rpy above is okay, but LET seems to attract people who sign up and for their first (or second or third or fourth) post either (i) necropost or (ii) say something that is obvious/trivial in the context of the thread (because they haven't really read the thread) or (iii) say something that misses the point of the thread (because they haven't really read the thread) or (iv) start an arguably pointless/lame thread (e.g., the recent thread on Hetzner). If there's a benefit, it's to point out to the poster that one or more of these four possibilities hold, but I suspect that this implied message gets lost on them most of the time.

(And sometimes, it's just for fun/out of habit, like above.)

But another way of looking at it is that this is my best attempt at sh*tposting (@WSS being my unattainable model).

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I am guessing that at this point I will not be unable to receive a refund for PayPal transaction from 7 months ago?

• @1606234 said:
    I am guessing that at this point I will not be unable to receive a refund for PayPal transaction from 7 months ago?

I'm afraid not, at least not from PayPal. (Did you pay for a year in advance?)

• PHDanPHDan Member
    edited February 2020

angstrom said: But another way of looking at it is that this is my best attempt at sh*tposting

Okay, that's a fair answer.

• Confirmed, 90% have been refunded to my paypal

Thanks Hostdoc,

Rest in peace :smile:

• @1606234 said:
    I am guessing that at this point I will not be unable to receive a refund for PayPal transaction from 7 months ago?

Same boat here. Oh well, I have requested one anyway.

• looks like the whole hostdoc site is now offline now.

• prefers kipping on its back

This discussion has been closed.