Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDoc beef with ReliableSite? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDoc beef with ReliableSite?

Comments

• @dosai said:

@SirFoxy said:
    look at the bright side there's no way the support is worst than HostHatch

What did I miss?

HostHatch support being awful then saying they'll improve support before making another offer then making another offer with unsustainably low prices they can't even afford support (like 3 times).

But I digress lol, not my thread.

Thanked by 2dosai DP
  • @SirFoxy said:

Nah, despite that HostHatch's support is unresponsive and incompetent, their attitude is generally okay. I'm not a customer of HostDoc's, but from what they posted on this thread and others, it often sounds high-handed, and I won't say that's better support.

• @psb777 said:

@SirFoxy said:

Nah, despite that HostHatch's support is unresponsive and incompetent, their attitude is generally okay. I'm not a customer of HostDoc's, but from what they posted on this thread and others, it often sounds high-handed, and I won't say that's better support.

mmmm I don't know, not my place to talk haven't used RS have used HH, besides it was just a joke then he wanted explanation.

not big on hopping on drama fueled band wagons.

• @TheLinuxBug So, you bash hostdoc in a totally different story, because he would simply not willing to make you a favor remove the late fee when your payment was indeed late? I recently delayed 1 (one!) hour to pay my contabo's fee and they charged me late fee to reactivate the service. I didn't ask anything the support, even more threaten them to take my business elsewhere, because I knew it was my fault and they had this rule in their AUP. Where exactly is his fault? Not having tolerance about late payment? It is his total right and, if you don;t like it, then, you did the right thing taking your vps away. But don't blame him for that. His business, his (clear) rules.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

XiNiX said: Atleast, kuddos to @hostDoc for keeping clients updated ! Im sure they would get a decent alternative.

You tagged me?

Thanked by 3iki imok sanvit
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@TheLinuxBug

You paint @HostDoc as emotional and psycho yet it was you who went lowest by far to get your revenge on them.

(all)

Front up: I know HostDoc just a bit (from when I benchmarked them) but they seemed to be nice enough. The Reliable people and @MrRadic I don't know at all.

The way I see it is that we customers need only to care about and can judge only how a provider treats us - and from what I see, HostDoc did perfectly well. They try to backup as much as any possible, they remind customers to back up (it never hurts to have 2 backup layers, just in case ...), they informed their customers, and they offer refunding concerned customers.
    I've seen locations and even providers go down in way uglier ways. In fact it seems that HostDoc did everything they possibly could to avoid any harm for their customers.
    If I happened to be a LA customer of them I'd be grateful and happy about how they handle the situation.

As for @MrRadic I see him doing basically just an ad hominem on HostDoc. That's not only poor but it also indicates a lack of arguments in the matter. Btw, I find that unexpected and strange as MrRadic seems to have a big fan club here and hence is highly likely neither an idiot nor a dick. But still, here (in his LET postings) he behaved like one.

My only (theoretical because I'm not a customer) point of criticism of HostDoc is that they seem to not have nailed down all important points in their contract. Certainly as a provider with own IP ranges one should have clear and enforceable provisions re IP ranges (announcing, transfer, etc etc).

Well, whatever, right now only one thing is important: that all HD LA customers don't loose data and have the smallest possible interruption of their services. It seems to me that HostDoc is doing their part as well as they can. I wish all concerned clients good luck and lots of it!

• @jvnadr said:
    @TheLinuxBug So, you bash hostdoc in a totally different story, because he would simply not willing to make you a favor remove the late fee when your payment was indeed late? I recently delayed 1 (one!) hour to pay my contabo's fee and they charged me late fee to reactivate the service. I didn't ask anything the support, even more threaten them to take my business elsewhere, because I knew it was my fault and they had this rule in their AUP. Where exactly is his fault? Not having tolerance about late payment? It is his total right and, if you don;t like it, then, you did the right thing taking your vps away. But don't blame him for that. His business, his (clear) rules.

The same with PHPFriends, they keep sending some german lang emails [related to payment], they were in my spam folder always [thanks to Jar] unnoticed, then they send a letter with European stamp all way across see, charged extra for late, I paid, I still continue with them.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@SirFoxy said:

OMG, tell me about it :joy:

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Everyone is forgetting the point that all this drama for $2 per IP address.

Isn't that the main cause? Or am I missing something?

Or maybe we all are being kept in the dark and this is a kind of planned PR stunt by both HostDoc & ReliableSite, agreed mutually, who knows?!

Just trying to give a twist :D

• @BlaZe said:
    Everyone is forgetting the point that all this drama for $2 per IP address.

Isn't that the main cause? Or am I missing something?

Or maybe we all are being kept in the dark and this is a kind of planned PR stunt by both HostDoc & ReliableSite, agreed mutually, who knows?!

Just trying to give a twist :D

shouldn't be charged for owning your own IPs.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2019

Odd, double post.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2019

SirFoxy said: shouldn't be charged for owning your own IPs.

Yeah, well.

HostDoc said: I believe that was a mistake on their part. They most probably did not know the subnet was mine.

Communication.

Thanked by 2Ouji coreflux
  • thank you @Lee for actually reading the thread

• @HostDoc said:
    You responded and then it was lights out for 4 hours, no further response.
    So yes, maybe in after more than 24 hours no sleep and still running on empty, I ranted about how bad the support was. I apologise for that.

No response for 4 hours doesn't sound that bad.

• @Lee said:

SirFoxy said: shouldn't be charged for owning your own IPs.

Yeah, well.

HostDoc said: I believe that was a mistake on their part. They most probably did not know the subnet was mine.

Communication.

yeah, well, I don't think hostdoc is autistic. aren't you like 40? shouldn't you be raising a family not worrying about hosting forums?

• I will say the 24 hours comment is a bit weird, it wasn't urgent for you to move to a new product line so I don't know why you were staying up that long for replies? @HostDoc

• Well I can't say this surprises me at all considering my own experience with RS

• LeeLee Veteran

SirFoxy said: yeah, well, I don't think hostdoc is autistic. aren't you like 40? shouldn't you be raising a family not worrying about hosting forums?

Awww, can't handle it when you get called out can you.

• @Lee said:

SirFoxy said: yeah, well, I don't think hostdoc is autistic. aren't you like 40? shouldn't you be raising a family not worrying about hosting forums?

Awww, can't handle it when you get called out can you.

aww focus on erectile disfuncton senior

• LeeLee Veteran

Sure, just keep the insults coming. If it keeps you away from everyone else it will give them a break.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

SirFoxy said: aren't you like 40? shouldn't you be raising a family not worrying about hosting forums?

Thanked by 2Lee amsaal
  • LeeLee Veteran

^^ you had me pegged until he mentioned doing two things at once.

Thanked by 1jar
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited December 2019

@Lee said:
    Sure, just keep the insults coming. If it keeps you away from everyone else it will give them a break.

it hit home didn't it

• @jar said:

SirFoxy said: aren't you like 40? shouldn't you be raising a family not worrying about hosting forums?

couldn't be fucked focus on your dying forum

• LeeLee Veteran

SirFoxy said: couldn't be fucked focus on your dying forum

I said to focus your insults on me, give everyone else a night off from you.

• @Lee said:

I said to focus your insults on me, give everyone else a night off from you.

yea aight

Thanked by 1Lee

Die mad IMO

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • LeeLee Veteran

jar said: Die mad IMO

Hey! I saw him first, find your own.

Thanked by 3jar Falzo skorous
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited December 2019

@jar said:

Die mad IMO

IMO your forums not dying stay off lowendtalk see if you can syphon traffic then no one gives a fuck

Takes me to say the truth boy

@SirFoxy said:

@jar said:

Die mad IMO

IMO your forums not dying stay off lowendtalk see if you can syphon traffic then no one gives a fuck

Takes me to say the truth boy

The truth is that you'll die alone because you're a shitty human being but I guess that's too much for you kid.

This discussion has been closed.