Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDoc beef with ReliableSite? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDoc beef with ReliableSite?

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Do both providers just need a heavy dose of potassium?

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@mtwiscool said:
    @MrRadic Please post screenshots showing the harassment.

@HostDoc Please reply to the allegations made by MrRadic, otherwise you will be seen as being as someone who harasses their supplier.

No, this is childish.

We don't go around spreading garbage about vendors that didn't work out for us. We put on our big boy pants and figured things out, were professional and patient. As companies grow, there are more cogs, more places where things go wrong and less flexibility than with a small provider who can hand hold every customer. If that stops working for you and you can't come to a resolution, the last thing you want to do is burn a bridge. That alone should say worlds about anyone willing to call out someone and start beef.

You won't hear anything more in this thread from me. HostDoc can continue spreading his side of the story, you heard mine. If you receive screenshots from him that don't support anything I said, either assume that those are incomplete or that I lied, your choice.

PS -- for anyone supporting us in this thread. Thank you, I appreciate the kind gesture and that you went out of your way to do so.

• @Jord said:
    Do both providers just need a heavy dose of potassium?

Yes, they do. Make it a double.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@mtwiscool said:

You’ve got to be kidding.

Thanked by 4vimalware Lee imok FHR
  • @Clouvider said:

@mtwiscool said:

You’ve got to be kidding.

I am not sure....... I am not sure. Someone wish a gladiador game

• Sweet or salted?

• Hope both the providers resolve the issues amicably. Even though I'm not affected by this, it affects not just many end users, but even both providers reputations i believe.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint uptime
  • @cybertech said:
    Sweet or salted?

Toffee?

• Sounds like there is blame to be allocated on both sides.

Oh well. Curious to see what the replacement will be

• @Scott15 said:

@cybertech said:
    Sweet or salted?

Toffee?

Garrett Popcorn actually

• @havocx said:
    Sounds like there is blame to be allocated on both sides.

Oh well. Curious to see what the replacement will be

Maybe doc make strong comeback with Xeon platinum

• Expected to get home to 20 pages of drama to read.

I've been let down for the first time.

• LeeLee Veteran

HostDoc said: Unfortunately, I will not engage in a public dispute over this.

You really need to learn how to write emails to clients not full of emotive content and half stories then.

• @SplitIce We did take backups. But if they are corrupted or we do not manage to back them all up, then it is only right that clients are aware and prepared.

@MrRadic I did not open this thread nor was there any intention to open one. I simply did what was needed by informing clients of what was imminent so they could be prepared.

At the time I finally decided to contact you in discord was after your team had decided to ignore the ticket. What made it worse was that you were the last to respond to it which made it worse for me.
    You responded and then it was lights out for 4 hours, no further response.
    So yes, maybe in after more than 24 hours no sleep and still running on empty, I ranted about how bad the support was. I apologise for that.

I have no reason to share screenshots or messages and am keeping as far away from this thread as possible.

What has happened has happened and this is where we are at.
    I did not ask anyone to post the announcement nor was there a need to but LET being LET likes drama in all shapes and sizes which I will not feed into today.

For the record, the hardware and network were fantastic. Even @MrRadic is awesome on the right day which is what sold me in the first place. But your team need a little work.

• LeeLee Veteran

HostDoc said: I did not ask anyone to post the announcement nor was there a need to but LET being LET likes drama in all shapes and sizes which I will not feed into today.

Yeah, you knew fine well your very poor, highly emotive client announcement would find its way to LET and create the drama for you, stop digging.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2019

MrRadic said: I tried to work with him, he just kept ranting and telling me (sh)it's going to hit the fan.

I offer help over discord and skype as a privilege, often taking time away from my own family. He chose to spend that time insulting and harassing both the company and me.

Nothing more to be said here. His choice to leave is his own, but I was more than willing to help.

Not defending either party, in any way, but what struck me as interesting here, is this is kinda what the conversation with HostDoc felt like when I was 1 day late on payment and he slapped me with a $4.00 late fee, basically holding my VM hostage unless I paid an extra $4.00 and said it was "in his terms and he would not reverse it'. Well I taught him a neat lesson about that, in WHMCS if you cancel the service, guess what happens, the invoice and the late fee go away and you make nothing.

I am not usually that much of a dick my self, as usually it isn't about the money but how you are treated (read: respect) and the way an issue is handled that drives where I spend my money. In this case, I was treated like I didn't matter, so I returned the favor in spades by canceling the service and not paying any late fee.

I type all of this to say, it does not surprise me to find that HostDoc may have gotten insulting and harassing to @MrRadic for some reason, not at all. In fact, based on my experience this seems like it would be in character.

I am not a customer of Reliablesite and not sure I would specifically suggest them to anyone, however, I can say the message sent to customers does seem to be missing the other side of the explanation. Mainly, did the way HostDoc approached and handled the issue actually cause the outcome because he lost his temper and proceed to be the "I am always right" person, the same way he did with my late fee, or was this really a misunderstanding as he purports it to be?

Karma's a bitch.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3corbpie kkrajk coreflux
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Show must go on i have grabbed my popcorn and coke to enjoy it

• from what I got @HostDoc did not like how @MrRadic handled things, I did not have time to read all the thread, but why did @MrRadic ask for $2/ip?

The rest is simple, @HostDoc became upset (now I know where the name of the company comes from joking), and the rest followed, it could be @HostDoc has a bad temper, but blocking him on Skype and Discord and not answering his tickets is not good either @MrRadic as I believe you have some contract with them, he is not some person from the street asking you for money

What I suggest is for both to try to solve this issue because I think even if they dont want to do business anymore, it can be solved in an orderly way, without disrupting client services because of some freaking out.

Thanked by 2kkrajk coreflux
  • tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

@TheLinuxBug you were 1 day late man, next time, pay on time or you get a visit from the doctor

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • uptime said: If neither of them see fit to post any more fuel for a LET dumpster fire in this thread - at least until a few days have passed - that would be just fine with me.

what the hell did you have for lunch? this isn't hostballs nor lestalksomething...

you'd better see to it, that people get their fight and drama now. it's friday after all, so where is the gasoline? :-P

Thanked by 1uptime
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2019

tgl said: @TheLinuxBug you were 1 day late man, next time, pay on time or you get a visit from the doctor

The thing is, it was an idling server that wasn't being used for anything. I simply requested he remove the late fee and let him know then I would continue to renew, however, it is not worth idling a VPS for the cost plus the late fee which was actually more than a single month cost of the item (almost twice as much?). He continued to try and enforce the late fee thinking he had my data held hostage and thought I would just break down and pay the extra $4.00 to get my data back. He didn't offer any type of back-up or any other option, simply told me.. pay the late fee or don't get your data.

I don't know about you, but I don't stay with a host that tries to hold my data hostage, even if in this case the server was actually just an empty vanilla install. Not to mention, this isn't the way to keep a customer, "sugar catches more flies than vinegar".

I have worked in customer support for a larger host for now 8, going on 9 years. The way he treated me, I would never treat a customer. So again, do I have any problem seeing that HostDoc acted in the same way in this case, no... not at all.

Again, I know nothing about their issue, but MrRadics description of their conversation does seem to be similar to my experience when trying to work with him my self, in an situation where he feels he holds all the cards.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3webclouddev kkrajk Ouji
  • @mtwiscool said:

@HostDoc Please reply to the allegations made by MrRadic, otherwise you will be seen as being as someone who harasses their supplier.

can't waiting for it...

• @TheLinuxBug said:

tgl said: @TheLinuxBug you were 1 day late man, next time, pay on time or you get a visit from the doctor

The thing is, it was an idling server that wasn't being used for anything. I simply requested he remove the late fee and let him know then I would continue to renew, however, it is not worth idling a VPS for the cost plus the late fee which was actually more than a single month cost of the item (almost twice as much?). He continued to try and enforce the late fee thinking he had my data held hostage and thought I would just break down and pay the extra $4.00 to get my data back. He didn't offer any type of back-up or any other option, simply told me.. pay the late fee or don't get your data.

I don't know about you, but I don't stay with a host that tries to hold my data hostage, even if in this case the server was actually just an empty vanilla install. Not to mention, this isn't the way to keep a customer, "sugar catches more flies than vinegar".

I have worked in customer support for a larger host for now 8, going on 9 years. The way he treated me, I would never treat a customer. So again, do I have any problem seeing that HostDoc acted in the same way in this case, no... not at all.

Again, I know nothing about their issue, but MrRadics description of their conversation does seem to be similar to my experience when trying to work with him my self, in an situation where he feels he holds all the cards.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

I was going to ignore your comments, but now I remember you.
    You mentioned that I needed your custom and without you my business would crumble.
    Proceeded with an ultimatum that I either remove the fees or you would walk. I let you walk.
    That was in our infancy and still growing. We had maybe 3-5 sales a week and it was pretty obvious business was slow so you tried to take advantage.
    Yes, we needed your custom but not with you dictating our rules.
    Many clients approach me either via live chat or ticket requesting the late fee to be removed. If there is a valid reason I remove it as is the case most of the time.
    If their reason is that I need them otherwise I will deadpool, then it is very rewarding that 2 years later I am still here while they follow every dispute thread involving us looking for the slightest opportunity to join in.
    Grape?

Thanked by 3kkrajk coreflux samm
  • One side tells what has happened. The other side talk about harrassment and emotions and keep silence about what has happened and screenshots would tell part of the story.

this is fun.

• HostDoc said: Grape?

Pickle?

• jokymicjokymic Member
    edited December 2019

——-

• look at the bright side there's no way the support is worst than HostHatch

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@HostDoc just FYI if in this mess you forgot, your site is still accepting orders for LA, you may want to disable it till you resolve and get out of our current situation and best of luck

• Its the same provider that wants your credit card's CSV number from the back when you sign up and buy a server. Not surprised at all.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @SirFoxy said:
    look at the bright side there's no way the support is worst than HostHatch

What did I miss?

This discussion has been closed.