Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 71
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @greattomeetyou said:

user123 said: Just like anything else, it depends on if you are buying or selling :P

Normally, with the same spec, how much more would a windows VPS compared to a Linux VPS?

How much more would you pay to not have to use Windows on your VPS?

Thanked by 2bakageta uptime
  • @greattomeetyou said:

FZhang said: Yes.

How much does it cost normally from other VPS provider?

Normally, with the same spec, how much more would a windows VPS cost compared to a Linux VPS?

Pricing is pretty different based on each provider. You have to make sure that they include licensed windows which is what Virmach provides. Some providers will have no problem installing the Win OS for you but tell you to use a trial key. Slightly more of a hassle on the latter.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • $34.66 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 11776MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 11500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @Jake4 said:
    $34.66 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 11776MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 11500GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

The bandwidth almost catching up ram size, on numbers!

• FZhang said: nclude licensed windows which is what Virmach provides.

So, virmach includes a non-trial license when it says "windows available", right?
    How much is a windows license per month? $2?

• @greattomeetyou said:

FZhang said: nclude licensed windows which is what Virmach provides.

So, virmach includes a non-trial license when it says "windows available", right?

Yah. no idea on how much windows license is....

• @FZhang said: Yah. no idea on how much windows license is....

For many providers (who do provide licensed Windows VPSs), the Windows license is "free" because they are running on a Windows Data Center Licensed Host node (so technically they can run any number of Windows VMs on it). Remember that the license cost is factored into the host node pricing - so it's not free in any sense of the word.

Thanked by 1Trav
  • @nullnothere said:

@FZhang said: Yah. no idea on how much windows license is....

For many providers (who do provide licensed Windows VPSs), the Windows license is "free" because they are running on a Windows Data Center Licensed Host node (so technically they can run any number of Windows VMs on it). Remember that the license cost is factored into the host node pricing - so it's not free in any sense of the word.

@greattomeetyou I think this was meant for you

• nullnothere said: For many providers (who do provide licensed Windows VPSs), the Windows license is "free" because they are running on a Windows Data Center Licensed Host node (so technically they can run any number of Windows VMs on it). Remember that the license cost is factored into the host node pricing - so it's not free in any sense of the word.

FZhang said: @greattomeetyou I think this was meant for you

ok, thanks!

• I wonder if it is possible to add ddos protected ip for their flash sales vpses in LA. Since they wrote: limited support...

• @greattomeetyou said:

Also, AFAIK, Virmach doesn't provide it as an add-on with a fixed cost. It's either available for your plan (for "free"), or it's not (i.e. it's either there in the list of OS images/templates you can install, or it's not). I'm not sure if location effects this (e.g. Seattle not having data center license), but I believe they put a 20 GB minimum disk space requirement for Windows plans.

I haven't tested it yet, but I got the feeling that they may not be too happy about many OS=Win reinstalls (probably manual Sysprep is needed or something, again idk).

Yet another note: I've seen some KB articles about Win2016 server image being unavailable ATM. I don't know if/when that would be fixed. So, even if your plan is Win-available, you may be able to only install 2008, or 2012...

• VirMach provides Windows licenses because they have a SPLA with Microsoft. But those DC licences are only available on certain nodes. Therefore, some offers have Windows available while others don't, even if they have the same specs.

Thanked by 2TheWizard uptime
  • @ihell said:
    I wonder if it is possible to add ddos protected ip for their flash sales vpses in LA. Since they wrote: limited support...

I don't think VirMach allows any modifications on these specials other than transfers. What you buy is what you get period.

Thanked by 1ihell
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

@saibal said:

FAT32 said:
    The worst thing is people who ordered but not paid until they decided it is a great deal. They even open multiple tickets to request for the cancelled invoice to be re-activated so they can pay. These all added lots of support costs.

Is that even allowed for flash sales?

I've been on the look out for these and even if outsourced techs made a mistake we would consider this an abuse of our system and we're going to track them down and handle it.

• VirMach said: track them down and handle it.

handle. Nice euphemism.

Thanked by 2imok randomq
  • JabJab said: handle. Nice euphemism.

Don't be rude. Otherwise you will be Bottled - and you know it's still learning, and you might end up with 0.01 vCPU 1GB RAM 10MB disk 10 TB BW 10 IPs for $10/year.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @VirMach what's the situation with:

Virtual server not found

showing in the Manage Product console (the VPS seems perfectly usable otherwise)?

edited December 2019

@donli said:
    @VirMach what's the situation with:

Virtual server not found

showing in the Manage Product console (the VPS seems perfectly usable otherwise)?

Same as always. If it's been 2 days and you still haven't got it fixed then feel free to make a ticket because it's a weirder situation than we caught.

• FZhangFZhang Member
    edited December 2019

ohhhh @VirMach is back...Any more manual deals? :wink: like the 6core 6gb ram 60ssd windows for less than $35

edited December 2019

Alright guys for our Black Two Days After Cyber Monday deals (Cyber Week) I'll actually be here and I think we're finally catching up with all the tickets if people don't create more.

We're going to extend the no ticket for special offers, and anyone bypassing it will start getting billed for support if it's not an emergency situation. Emergency situation being the service you ordered is not working at all, or you paid but it's marked as not paid or anything immediately affecting you to where it won't be auto resolved.

More captchas enabled. Some people pulling the "order everything" stunt have their accounts closed.

• You heard him! Go open moar tickets!

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @VirMach said:
    More captchas enabled. Some people pulling the "order everything" stunt have their accounts closed.

Thanks for making it fair for us :smile:

• @VirMach, for the benefit of most of us and for our own sanity...until when will these flash deals run? :lol:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @pullangcubo said:
    @VirMach, for the benefit of most of us and for our own sanity...until when will these flash deals run? :lol:

Ditto same question! I like to know when I can go back to a normal sleeping schedule...

Thanked by 2pullangcubo uptime
    edited December 2019

@pullangcubo said:
    @VirMach, for the benefit of most of us and for our own sanity...until when will these flash deals run? :lol:

Wait, they're still running? Who left the stove on?

• VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 12288MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 12000GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $36.70 /yr

I would have considered this if not for the single core.

• Yes, I also want to ask when the 'flash sale' ends, and by accident, I made an order payment error and prompted to contact you. When I made another payment, I found that it left.

• @VirMach
    Hello. I'm Installed openVPN with Angristan OpenVPN on my VPS but speed about 15-25Mbit/s , speed to VPS without vpn about 100 Mbit/s. Cheak network speed by iperf3. Befor on your OVZ speed was better 40Mbit/s, on KVM 80Mbit/s. Why vpn is so slow? Is it because no AES in CPU?

edited December 2019

We're enacting another rule to discourage anyone from adding something to cart and not completing. If you add it to cart, check out to the point where the invoice is generated you will be obligated to make the purchase. If the invoice is not paid it will eventually go into collections and you will be required to pay it to keep your account in good standing.

We might make an exception here or there as we're not after screwing people over, but this is how it will have to be; sorry.

So any invoices after 11:30AM PST, on December 4th, 2019, we will find all of them and make sure everyone pays.

• So it’s no way for new customers next BF sales.
    Without an account logged in, they won’t get any deals