Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 69
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 2432MB RAM
    CPU 2 vCORE
    HDD 70GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $30.98 /yr

Quite nice actually :smile:

• @FAT32 said:

@dedicados said:
    still dont see any good deal from virmach :/

Nah, stop thinking about that, it wouldn't happen, why should someone care about cheapskates like me? No sub-$10 deals in the past 24 hours at all.

Happened on the 1st also, there's just been very little love for us cheapskates. :(

@FAT32 said:
    I know no one cares or give a f*ck about what I care, but I am just going to leave a note here. I am going to close all my notifications I have about this, go out to have lunch, and enjoy my life rather than wasting my time here for NOTHING.

Sounds dumb, but I care. Hope you're doing okay, because it sounds like you might not be, and I've been there.

Thanked by 2FAT32 dedicados
  • @pullangcubo said:
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 2432MB RAM
    CPU 2 vCORE
    HDD 70GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1500GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $30.98 /yr

Quite nice actually :smile:

Yes quite nice, but it locates in buffalo.

• I saw many machines comes from PISCATAWAY, NJ, seems @VirMach (or @VirBot(TM)) have spare of them.

• when will this end

• kjl24 said: when will this end

Soon (TM)

• @JabJab said:

kjl24 said: when will this end

Soon (TM)

• VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 4480MB RAM
    CPU 2 vCORE
    HDD 60GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 3000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $33.14 /yr

Another nice one!

Thanked by 2uptime dTQzBen8
  • I have a thought!
    Maybe VirBastardized™ bot is using machine learning to generate specs and to find a balance between selling best and not crashing the system in different price levels.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @pullangcubo said:
    RAM 4480MB RAM
    CPU 2 vCORE
    HDD 60GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 3000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $33.14 /yr

Another nice one!

Haha I got this, finally I got one really satisfy me. Going to pay.

Thanked by 2pullangcubo uptime
  • EdmondEdmond Member
    edited December 2019

@dTQzBen8 said:
    There is either no sale running or we’re facing technical difficulties that will be shortly resolved. Thanks.

Request URL: https://billing.virmach.com/modules/addons/blackfriday/new_plan.json
    Request Method: GET
    Status Code: 522

Didn't know there was actually an API for the sales data. I thought they were just crawling the site for the data.

Still, wouldn't the site be more reliable? Since only the billing server crashes and not the main site. Virbot is on the billing server.

Edit: wish I knew this earlier because now I want it start texting me all the below $10 plans to my cell so I don't have to keep looking at the site (but I will anyway).

• dTQzBen8 said: Haha I got this, finally I got one really satisfy me. Going to pay.

Good to hear, I was worried you weren't going to get any good deals after camping the entire day :/

Thanked by 1dTQzBen8
  • Welcome to page 42! :wink:

@Edmond said:

@dTQzBen8 said:
    There is either no sale running or we’re facing technical difficulties that will be shortly resolved. Thanks.

Request URL: https://billing.virmach.com/modules/addons/blackfriday/new_plan.json

Didn't know there was actually an API for the sales data. I thought they were just crawling the site for the data.

Still, wouldn't the site be more reliable? Since only the billing server crashes and not the main site. Virbot is on the billing server.

Fetching only changed sales data instead of whole page can provide better performance(since the sale page can be static and distributed by CDN). If billing server fails, you can still access the page but will display "no sales now" message.

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited December 2019

I think some of you may be a little spoiled. There were some great deals, but they can't all be like that. Would you rather get everything dirt cheap and then have the nodes so overloaded the server is useless?

And frankly, nobody forces you to stay glued to the monitor waiting for a deal that may never come. It's unhealthy to obsess that much, this was just meant to be a fun few days, nothing more and nothing less. So don't feel entitled to get anything in particular and be grateful providers go out of their way like this in the first place - they could've just made a thread with two or three mediocre deals and called it a day.

• @dTQzBen8 said:
    Welcome to page 42! :wink:

@Edmond said:

@dTQzBen8 said:

Fetching only changed sales data instead of whole page can provide better performance(since the sale page can be static and distributed by CDN). If billing server fails, you can still access the page but will display "no sales now" message.

I'm not following. The module that Virmach uses to generate these packages is located on their billing server. The webpage that shows the package details to the general public is located on the sales server. Cloudflare isn't caching anything on either server since it considers both resources to be "dynamic" but I imagine the billing server requires more processing than a static HTML page that changes every so often only.

Thanked by 1dTQzBen8
  • Edmond said: I'm not following. The module that Virmach uses to generate these packages is located on their billing server. The webpage that shows the package details to the general public is located on the sales server. Cloudflare isn't caching anything on either server since it considers both resources to be "dynamic" but I imagine the billing server requires more processing than a static HTML page that changes every so often only.

I don't think that's how this works, the flash sale page is very much static, it's only when you click order now then everything becomes dynamic. It's static content that was generated dynamically, but anyway it takes a while for cache to hit so CDN or whatever doesn't matter anyway since what's really lagging is WHMCS.

• Current Deal

$59.84/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT

WINDOWS AVAILABLE

3072MB RAM

4 vCORE

105GB SSD (RAID 10)

2000GB BANDWIDTH

DALLAS, TX LOCATION

1 DEDICATED IPv4

• $30.57 /yr
    WINDOWS WINDOWS AVAILABLE
    RAM 2048MB RAM
    CPU 2 vCORE
    HDD 20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 2000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION CHICAGO, IL LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Intended?

• @dTQzBen8 said:
    $30.57 /yr
    RAM 2048MB RAM
    CPU 2 vCORE
    HDD 20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 2000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION CHICAGO, IL LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Intended?

Unfortunately the price is not $20

Thanked by 2uptime ariq01
  • @Mxl said:
    @dTQzBen8 Failed to re> @dtoker said:

Why do we have to contact support to reinstall the OS? Is there an additional cost for doing that?

You can always reinstall from solusvm. (Services >Actions >Management > Control Panel)

Thank you very much!

• I'm starting to think that @VirMach planned to rum the flash sale all year long...

• @jholycloud said:
    I'm starting to think that @VirMach planned to rum the flash sale all year long...

The title says "cyber week".

• @TomBG said:

@jholycloud said:
    I'm starting to think that @VirMach planned to rum the flash sale all year long...

The title says "cyber week".

So it's not cyber year ? Or cyber forever ?

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • Just lost this atlanta one, the good deals are impossible to get! You guys need to do something against the bots >:|

• @rafanake said:
    Just lost this atlanta one, the good deals are impossible to get! You guys need to do something against the bots >:|

I feel quite easy getting this one, afterward I did some research and call it semi-crazy deal, it's better enough but still can't compare to sanvit one.

From now on I must shut all notification down, or you will find me sleeping in street.

Thanked by 3rafanake bdl mrTom
  • Not as good as last year. Other vendors are also catching up.

• @dTQzBen8 said:

@rafanake said:
    Just lost this atlanta one, the good deals are impossible to get! You guys need to do something against the bots >:|

I feel quite easy getting this one, afterward I did some research and call it semi-crazy deal, it's better enough but still can't compare to sanvit one.

From now on I must shut all notification down, or you will find me sleeping in street.

What makes things interest is VirBot(TM) already did very similar specs before one hour ago, with one more cent(42.39) you can get more 100MB+ memory. But it doesn't support Windows and I don't know why. I would take that one instead of this one. But I feel OK about this.

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited December 2019

@dtQzBen8 Can you disclose how many deals you have gotten and how much you spent in total? I'm really curious... And which was the best deal you got? :smiley:

• pullangcubopullangcubo Member
    edited December 2019
    RAM 9984MB RAM
    CPU 2 vCORE
    HDD 30GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 7500GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $37.96 /yr

Another nice deal!

If only I can get that with 4 vCores, 50 GG SSD, and in Los Angeles or Chicago...at the same price :lol:

• pullangcubo said: Another nice deal!

I agree.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo