Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 50
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• Probably there was 10 of these, I'm so sad

• Dammit, I got through ALL the checkout pages, but then the cart emptied after I submitted the final order button...and there was no new unpaid invoice on my account :(

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

@vimslim said:

@Ouji said:
    I missed the $7.01 deal. I'm so sad right now :(

This $6.22 one is even better, 30GB ssd, so generous!

People always just get some remorse afterward though and ignore good deals that aren't that good as a result so it's a nice cool-off period.

@ddude said:
    trying to get 6.22 one.. getting timeouts

Ouji said: WHYYYYYYYYYYYY MY CART WENT FOR NO REASON, HELP ME OUT @VirMach

This actually still had a good amount on it and oversold by 82% so there will obviously be some people that should have never been able to order it anyway. I'm guessing that's you guys.

• user123 said: Dammit, I got through ALL the checkout pages, but then the cart emptied

Sorry, I'm buying them all up.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @VirMach said:

@vimslim said:

@Ouji said:
    I missed the $7.01 deal. I'm so sad right now :(

This $6.22 one is even better, 30GB ssd, so generous!

People always just get some remorse afterward though and ignore good deals that aren't that good as a result so it's a nice cool-off period.

@ddude said:
    trying to get 6.22 one.. getting timeouts

Ouji said: WHYYYYYYYYYYYY MY CART WENT FOR NO REASON, HELP ME OUT @VirMach

This actually still had a good amount on it and oversold by 82% so there will obviously be some people that should have never been able to order it anyway. I'm guessing that's you guys.

Since my order didn't go through, I would be happy to step in if someone that got it had buyer's remorse xD

• VirMach said: This actually still had a good amount on it and oversold by 82% so there will obviously be some people that should have never been able to order it anyway. I'm guessing that's you guys.

So it's like a jackpot. You either win or you don't win.

• @Ouji said:

vimslim said: This $6.22 one is even better, 30GB ssd, so generous!

Yeah, I can use that as swap. I'm trying to get it.

Be careful of iops restrictions.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • tetech said: Be careful of iops restrictions.

It doesn't really matter as I didn't win the jackpot for that one.

• @Ouji said:

vimslim said: This $6.22 one is even better, 30GB ssd, so generous!

Yeah, I can use that as swap. I'm trying to get it.

Swap = death. Just wait for one of the higher ram plans.

Thanked by 1uptime
    edited December 2019

There's an upcoming low quantity special (it's going on a low disk server) and I'm anticipating it will oversell by 100-200% so I'm reducing the quantity by that much since we can't really oversell it. This may or may not cause the quantity to actually be lower than we wanted, but let's home WHMCS messes up per usual.

edited December 2019

user123 said: Since my order didn't go through, I would be happy to step in if someone that got it had buyer's remorse xD

Well the remorse comes for people that didn't get it, not people who got it. So your remorse is going as usual and you can skip the $6.74 upcoming plan that's slightly not as good and the $9.90 that's not as good and the

Thanked by 2Chronic user123
  • OujiOuji Member
    edited December 2019

donli said: Swap = death. Just wait for one of the higher ram plans.

Nah, I won't be using anything RAM intensive, I'd just set the swappiness to 0 and the swap itself would be 256MB or the sorts so process don't die if they run out of memory (I don't ever think they will get over 80% of the real mem).

VirMach said:

Well the remorse comes for people that didn't get it, not people who got it. So your remorse is going as usual and you can skip the $6.74 upcoming plan that's slightly not as good and the $9.90 that's not as good and the

Yeah, I'm skipping those ones as well. Thanks for telling us.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2019

$6.74 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 512MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 5GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

5 GB SSD !11oneoeneoenO!n1oneone ;-)

• @VirMach what if the IP I got exists in at least 2 blacklists. It is not a prob for me since I don't plan sending e-mails but I also don't want to be blamed for the IP being there.

• @JabJab said:

$6.74 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 512MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 5GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

5 GB SSD !11oneoeneoenO!n1oneone ;-)

I won't tell you when we used to joke about the possibility of even having 1 GB of disk space.

edited December 2019

@TomBG said:
    @VirMach what if the IP I got exists in at least 2 blacklists. It is not a prob for me since I don't plan sending e-mails but I also don't want to be blamed for the IP being there.

You won't be blamed.

• @TomBG said:
    @VirMach what if the IP I got exists in at least 2 blacklists. It is not a prob for me since I don't plan sending e-mails but I also don't want to be blamed for the IP being there.

I blame YOU!

• @TomBG said:

Just don't do it again.

• @VirMach said:

TheWizard said: Since virmach is putting so many conditions/prerequisites to adding manual deals, I doubt it will be as much fun in the remaining hours as last year, but still, it definitely was more fun with you... So instead of leaving, please take a break, cool off, and reconsider, oh, our Dearest "Deal Compiler Extraordinaire"! :-)

If he adds that title back and returns I'm doing the two deals he requested. I might even be in the spirit of doing some easter eggs.

2017 - $17.50/yr / 5 vCPU / 5GB RAM / 5GB SSD
    2018 - $24/yr / 4 vCPU / 8GB RAM / 60GB SSD

Yes, that's what I'm talking about! Thanks for proving me wrong! :blush: (Also what @nullnothere said! What timezone was @FAT32 again?)...

BTW, @VirMach, was the difference b/w (OVZ upgraded) "KVM Lite", and KVM only on the support side, or is there a technical capability/spec difference as well (other than not-fully-allocated-disk-space, and "no custom ISO/Windows")?

One last question: Should I be worried about

Oops! Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request

error at a=complete step of an order? This happened on 2 orders of mine. I can see that one of them is working fine (can see "login:" in VNC), but the other has the dreaded "Virtual server not found" error. I'm patient, no problem there. But I was wondering if not successfully completing that last step in ordering flow could cause issues in your record-keeping or something?

Thanks again...

(and sorry for the delayed post - typed this up mostly, and then got interrupted before completing it - so pardon me if there were some repeat questions/etc)

• $17.50 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – FAT32 Low Quantity
    RAM 5120MB RAM
    CPU 5 vCORE
    HDD 5GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 5000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Looks more like FAT5 :D

Thanked by 2uptime FAT32
  • If disk space it such a problem, why not 20GB ram VPS with 5GB disk for 20$/year?

Can use ramdisk then.

• But even FAT32 has not wake up

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • 4 IPs got lost

• @donli said:

@TomBG said:

Just don't do it again.

Lol, I can't stop buying VirMach VMs every BF/CM. I'm an addict since 12/25/2016. Don't tell me to stop :)

• One more before midnight here and time for proper sleep :)

edited December 2019

TheWizard said: error at a=complete step of an order? This happened on 2 orders of mine. I can see that one of them is working fine (can see "login:" in VNC), but the other has the dreaded "Virtual server not found" error. I'm patient, no problem there. But I was wondering if not successfully completing that last step in ordering flow could cause issues in your record-keeping or something?

Let me know your ID / e-mail with us.

TheWizard said: BTW, @VirMach, was the difference b/w (OVZ upgraded) "KVM Lite", and KVM only on the support side, or is there a technical capability/spec difference as well (other than not-fully-allocated-disk-space, and "no custom ISO/Windows")?

KVM Lite is just our way of saying it might come with a shrunken disk (some of them don't right now) and it doesn't have any of the premium support feature set of KVM premium plans. That means no custom ISO, no Windows, no dedicated CPU or high IO options, no 10Gbps, lower available locations, no extra IPs, no extra disk space or other customization.

Thanked by 1TheWizard
  • @JabJab said:

$17.50 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – FAT32 Low Quantity
    RAM 5120MB RAM
    CPU 5 vCORE
    HDD 5GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 5000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Looks more like FAT5 :D

5GB RAM, but only 5GB SSD :(

• @Daevien said:

@king8654 said:
    @VirMach any chance of having few vps from yest provisioned by tonight? There active but no virtual machine found in panel. No biggie just curious

Should be able to get them by going into management console for that vm and installing there

Face palm, only used virmach panel on desktop before. Missed management on control panel, thanks, derpp

edited December 2019

JabJab said: Looks more like FAT5

He got a little skinnier.

• KVM Lite is just our way of saying it might come with a shrunken disk (some of them don't right now) and it doesn't have any of the premium support feature set of KVM premium plans. That means no custom ISO, no Windows, no dedicated CPU or high IO options, no 10Gbps, lower available locations, no extra IPs, no extra disk space or other customization.

@VirMach , is that no Custom ISO on your end, but you'll still allow Rescue boot that will enable the same end result?