Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net Nano U2250 €9.99 is in stock for international user - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net Nano U2250 €9.99 is in stock for international user

Comments

• @earl said:

What I meant was that, even if you suspend your Paypal agreement temporarily, IPv6 gets cancelled along with the rest of your services, and even though the latter can be reactivated with a ticket, the former cannot be, and a new IPv6 block needs to be ordered.

• Worked! How did online.net know that immediately? Did Paypal send them unsubscribe notification?

ayukas said: directly disapprove the subscription if you're using paypal, and an immediate cancellation will be confirmed by sending you a E-mail.

• @joelgm said:

Ok I finally got a reply from online.net support regarding cancellation..

Bonjour,

Your server is automatically renewed every month. To terminate your services correctly you must be go to "services" :

Account -> services -> red cross

It must be made before the 20th of the month for a service terminated at the end of the month ( before 20/07 to stop billing the server 31/07)

Otherwise, billing and server will stop at the end of the following month Regards,

• @sc754 said:
    Anyone got a serverbear benchmark for these?

see http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/11/13/Bq0P7C9Xwe8q5afp

• Has anyone tried testing the upload speeds. I'm using the speedtest cli python file. The upload speeds I'm getting seem really low (15mbit/s max average about 6mbit/s to US East coast)

https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli

Anyone else want to post their results?

root@localhost:~# ./speedtest-cli --server=385
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from Free SAS (*.*.*.*)...
    Hosted by Namesco (London) [343.28 km]: 36.716 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 246.12 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 12.35 Mbit/s

• After opening a ticket, Online replaced my server, and now it's have 500Gb disk. Their support is very helpfull and friendly. :)

• restock again :D
    48 stock

• Got one, threw mysql on it, and now have a load of:

15:54:39 up 17:00,  2 users,  load average: 3.57, 3.55, 3.52

ooops. :)

I'm only adding around 300 records per second D:!

Mun

• I just requested KVM for the server and they responded quickly with login details.

I'm not sure what's up with their support, because I've always had immediate replies to any tickets I've ever opened. This server has basic service level too.

• @AsadHaider said:
    I just requested KVM for the server and they responded quickly with login details.

I'm not sure what's up with their support, because I've always had immediate replies to any tickets I've ever opened. This server has basic service level too.

They gave you a KVMoIP for a nano server?

• @AsadHaider said:
    I just requested KVM for the server and they responded quickly with login details.

Is this a temporary KVM?

• earl said: They gave you a KVMoIP for a nano server?

Yeah, AdderLink IP VNC access.

joelgm said: Is this a temporary KVM?

Yup, 24 hours.

Thanked by 1earl
  • @AsadHaider said:
    Yeah, AdderLink IP VNC access.

Does it allow loading a 'remote' ISO? You know one that you can specify via a URL, rather than upload from your home?

• joelgm said: Does it allow loading a 'remote' ISO? You know one that you can specify via a URL, rather than upload from your home?

Afraid not, it's just basic VNC access. Pain in the ass as the server keymap is french so I need to change that..

• RamiRami Member
    edited November 2013

I found this when I was on online.net website (on the top right "limited offers" )

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france

I liked this Intel Xeon L3426 3.2Ghz & this Intel Xeon E3-1240 3.30Ghz

Do online.net allow streaming and what about DMCA?

any ideas

• Do they allow windows? IPMI or KVM Over IP?

• kyaky said: Do they allow windows? IPMI or KVM Over IP?

You can purchase a Windows license from them and they will auto install it, you cannot use your own license.

And for this server they provide temporary VNC access.

• @AsadHaider said:
    Yup, 24 hours.

Now I know they hate me.. when I asked about the KVM they said not available for this server.. so I mentioned why was it advertised on your webpage as having KVMoIP on demand? and they just stopped replying back!

• @earl Where are you from? (which country)

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

@AsadHaider said:
    earl Where are you from? (which country)

I'm in Canada..

Actually I'm not too keen on the KVM if it does not have the virtual media feature, I will probably cancel by this month.. I think I prefer ovh.

• Last time they lied to me that the 1220v2 of the "Server Dedibox Classic + gen2" is just a typo in the website, when I asked why I only got a sandybridge 1220 without v2. But the fact is, I have another account with the same type of server, it was truly an ivybridge 1220v2. So don't take it so seriously, you just got a bad luck today. xD

• @ayukas said:
    Last time they lied to me that the 1220v2 of the "Server Dedibox Classic + gen2" is just a typo in the website, when I asked why I only got a sandybridge 1220 without v2. But the fact is, I have another account with the same type of server, it was truly an ivybridge 1220v2. So don't take it so seriously, you just got a bad luck today. xD

No I'm not taking it personally I guess it's the luck of the draw on which tech you get..

I think I saw a LET member mentioning they got the shaft and their SC came with the 160GB drive. I think that would have pissed me off more than the KVM thing lol.

• Hehe my disk were 160GB, and after opening a ticket, my server get replaced with 500GB

Thanked by 1earl
  • @ErawanArifNugroho I just noticed that too with my server :P I'm going to open a ticket now and request the correct server.

• Just a newbie question: what's the password for "root" user? I used their panel to install a Ubuntu and was asked to input username and password. Then I login with it. But I cannot switch to "root", seems password not correct, any idea?

• @JerryHou said:
    Just a newbie question: what's the password for "root" user? I used their panel to install a Ubuntu and was asked to input username and password. Then I login with it. But I cannot switch to "root", seems password not correct, any idea?

You need to login as the username you used when you installed and then do;

sudo passwd enter password twice and that'll your root password, change to root as su - and make sure direct root login is enabled in sshd config.

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited November 2013

@ultimatehostings said:
    sudo passwd enter password twice and that'll your root password, change to root as su - and make sure direct root login is enabled in sshd config.

Alternately, if you forgot the password, boot into rescue mode, mount your partition, chroot into it and run passwd root.

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Hehe my disk were 160GB, and after opening a ticket, my server get replaced with 500GB

Ah yes I think it was you..nice of them to change it thought.

• Considering what it is, and that OVH is out of the game as of now i can understand why anyone would want to buy it. Once OVH gets their stuff together there is no reason to use this PoS-provider.