Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle Cloud Free Tier - Page 64
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oracle Cloud Free Tier

1585960616264»

Comments

• @ColonelPanic said:

@darkknight said:
    My account was suspended without notice. I had read people having this issue, so wasn't super surprised. I wasn't doing anything illegal, I was hosting a personal piped instance, blog, uptime kuma, and personal nextcloud. I'm guessing it was nextcloud as i just added that 2 weeks ago and everything was fine for at least a year. I guess the only plus is that they did it around BF so hopefully I don't have to break the bank replacing it. I'll be looking for 4cpu/8GB. It's probably overkill but piped/nextcloud def run like crap on 1GB (the always free tier) before I moved them to the ampere instance w much more resources.

I've been running nextcloud for a couple of years now on Oracle - zero issues.

What regions are you in?

@Crab said:

@popsss said:
    Hi, I'm a PAYG customer, never billed. Remember reading somewhere in this thread, never-billed PAYG accounts are auto-closed after a year. Anyone experienced it? What cheap stuff can I buy to extend my instance's life? And how do I buy anything, say extra storage- just start using extra storage?

I've had a PAYG account with them for over two years now and never been billed for anything. I don't recall seeing such a mention here though. Perhaps it was for free accounts or can you find that quote?

What region are you in?

• @Crab said:
    I've had a PAYG account with them for over two years now and never been billed for anything. I don't recall seeing such a mention here though. Perhaps it was for free accounts or can you find that quote?

What region are you in?

San Jose

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

@quangthang said:

@mustafamw3 said:
    D> @quangthang said:

Is it just me or website hosted on Oracle cloud free tier, specifically ARM one, is very slow to load?

what control panel are using ?

I'm using HestiaCP

It's just you
    I am using plesk with nginx caching, it's working great

• @mustafamw3 said:

Plesk's pricing policy is simply terrible. They raise prices every year by a very impressive amount. Many people are leaving them for equally functional and cheap panels.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3

@akwden said:

@mustafamw3 said:

Plesk's pricing policy is simply terrible. They raise prices every year by a very impressive amount. Many people are leaving them for equally functional and cheap panels.

I usually buy plesk license from https://cplicense.net/
    They are cheaper and genuine

Many people are leaving them for equally functional and cheap panels.

They are not equal to plesk, plesk is far better control panel than other free and cheap ones, I tried most of panels, and I couldn't find a good alternative to plesk

• @mustafamw3 said:
    They are not equal to plesk, plesk is far better control panel than other free and cheap ones, I tried most of panels, and I couldn't find a good alternative to plesk

What about DirectAdmin?

@josephf said:

@mustafamw3 said:

What about DirectAdmin?

It's still behind plesk and cpanel
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185491/whats-the-state-of-directadmin

• @mustafamw3 said:

@josephf said:

@mustafamw3 said:

What about DirectAdmin?

It's still behind plesk and cpanel
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185491/whats-the-state-of-directadmin

But not too far behind.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • Been running Free Tier for a while and now PAYG, everything works really well. One thing that really bothers me is their billing panel. One moment it shows you something like $5 and then you get a bill of $10, difficult to plan with such approach. Otherwise, pretty happy (will be a year in December).

• @mustafamw3 said:

I found a great alternative to Plesk and am very happy with it. No less rich in functionality for a much lower price. Everything works fast and stable, with a user-friendly interface and excellent 24/7 tech support. This is ispmanager. They even have a promotion for a year of free use when switching from other panels.

• @akwden said:

@mustafamw3 said:

I found a great alternative to Plesk and am very happy with it. No less rich in functionality for a much lower price. Everything works fast and stable, with a user-friendly interface and excellent 24/7 tech support. This is ispmanager. They even have a promotion for a year of free use when switching from other panels.

all your comments about this russian panel, at least dilute the comments so that it is not so obvious that you are promoting it

• @bench said:

@akwden said:

@mustafamw3 said:

all your comments about this russian panel, at least dilute the comments so that it is not so obvious that you are promoting it

Lol you're not exaggerating, literally 100% of his posts are about ispmanager XD

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
  • @bench said: all your comments about this russian panel, at least dilute the comments so that it is not so obvious that you are promoting it

AFAIK they have HQ in Cyprus but not in Russia.
    I use this panel extensively, and I really like it. That's why I'm writing about it. And I am ready to answer any questions about its practical use. If this is considered a promotion here, well, that's your right. But it isn't.

• @akwden said:

@bench said: all your comments about this russian panel, at least dilute the comments so that it is not so obvious that you are promoting it

AFAIK they have HQ in Cyprus but not in Russia.
    I use this panel extensively, and I really like it. That's why I'm writing about it. And I am ready to answer any questions about its practical use. If this is considered a promotion here, well, that's your right. But it isn't.

Feed someone a line, it's russian panel and you know it

• @bench said: Feed someone a line, it's russian panel and you know it

Even if it is, I don't see anything wrong with it. I judge the quality of the product, not who makes it. There is nothing wrong with the quality of ispmanager.

• @akwden said:

@bench said: Feed someone a line, it's russian panel and you know it

Even if it is, I don't see anything wrong with it. I judge the quality of the product, not who makes it. There is nothing wrong with the quality of ispmanager.

you are not judging, you are doing testimonial advertising and not for free

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@josephf said:

@mustafamw3 said:

What about DirectAdmin?

Slightly better by 2c than Hestia control panel, so if you do wish select cheapest one out of cPanel or Plesk or DirectAdmin so Hestia is free to use and does almost everything as DirectAdmin.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • @WebProject said:

@josephf said:

@mustafamw3 said:

What about DirectAdmin?

Slightly better by 2c than Hestia control panel, so if you do wish select cheapest one out of cPanel or Plesk or DirectAdmin so Hestia is free to use and does almost everything as DirectAdmin.

Why isn't Hestia more popular than it is?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2023

@josephf said:

@WebProject said:

@josephf said:

@mustafamw3 said:

What about DirectAdmin?

Open source and does the same functions as DA does

• @WebProject said:

@josephf said:

@WebProject said:

@josephf said:

@mustafamw3 said:

What about DirectAdmin?

DA has no advantages over Hestia?

Thanked by 1WebProject

@josephf said:

@WebProject said:

@josephf said:

@WebProject said:

@josephf said:

@mustafamw3 said:

What about DirectAdmin?

DA has no advantages over Hestia?

3rd party integration

• Anyone has their x64 instances suddenly losing any network connection? My ARM instance still works. Location in Japan, but I see failures in other's instances in South Korea, Switzerland, Canada, and the Netherlands.

• DwayneDwayne Member

@martheen Yes, same here for South Korea and Chile. I don't see any issues in my Oracle account, so I'll just wait for now and hope it will resolve itself.

• @Dwayne Yay both of my instances are back on

• DwayneDwayne Member

@martheen Yep, mine too

• kvz12kvz12 Member

@martheen said:
    Anyone has their x64 instances suddenly losing any network connection? My ARM instance still works. Location in Japan, but I see failures in other's instances in South Korea, Switzerland, Canada, and the Netherlands.

In Singapore, one of my x64 instances started having issues but my other one didn't. ARM stuff was fine. All working now though.

• vpshostvpshost Member

Oracle giving away something for free?....nice~~!