Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle Cloud Free Tier - Page 41
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oracle Cloud Free Tier

Comments

• @AXYZE said:

@cavedog said:
    The 4Gbps uprade to amprere is really nice. Amsterdam and Johannesburg both have the 4Gbps upgrade.

Frankfurt too

4gbps?

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited March 2022

@snow2k said:

@AXYZE said:

@cavedog said:
    The 4Gbps uprade to amprere is really nice. Amsterdam and Johannesburg both have the 4Gbps upgrade.

Frankfurt too

4gbps?

Yes.

Frankfurt results

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 3.34 Gbits/sec  | 1.61 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 3.99 Gbits/sec  | 2.47 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 3.97 Gbits/sec  | 1.75 Gbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (400M)          | 482 Mbits/sec   | 406 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 762 Mbits/sec   | 388 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 586 Mbits/sec   | 1.14 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 492 Mbits/sec   | 550 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 1.23 Mbits/sec  | 379 Mbits/sec

Thanked by 1snow2k
  • @AXYZE said:

@cavedog said:

Frankfurt too

Yeah it's epic! For free.

Amsterdam:

Johannesburg, South Africa

• gianggiang Veteran

@AXYZE said:

@snow2k said:

@AXYZE said:

@cavedog said:

Frankfurt too

4gbps?

Yes.

Frankfurt results

It will automatic upgrade or we need to config to get 4Gbps?

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited March 2022

@giang said:

@AXYZE said:

@snow2k said:

@AXYZE said:

@cavedog said:

Frankfurt too

4gbps?

Yes.

Frankfurt results

It will automatic upgrade or we need to config to get 4Gbps?

It was automatic for me :) No reboot etc

Thanked by 1giang
  • Tokyo

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 722 Mbits/sec   | 421 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 788 Mbits/sec   | 553 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 607 Mbits/sec   | 368 Mbits/sec  
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (400M)          | 815 Mbits/sec   | 369 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.18 Gbits/sec  | 540 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.17 Gbits/sec  | 490 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.61 Gbits/sec  | 642 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 593 Mbits/sec   | 83.7 Mbits/sec 

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 708 Mbits/sec   | 360 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 789 Mbits/sec   | 542 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 605 Mbits/sec   | 243 Mbits/sec  
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (400M)          | 816 Mbits/sec   | 456 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.15 Gbits/sec  | 554 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.62 Gbits/sec  | 796 Mbits/sec

• How does the trial work? It's been more than a month since I created my account and it still says "You are in a free trial. When your trial is over, your account will be limited to Always Free resources. Upgrade at any time." and when I go to Billing it says "Setup of your account is in progress. Please try back in 15 minutes. If you still face issues, open a technical support ticket to request assistance." and there's nothing on invoices either. I have one ARM and one AMD instances, both Always Free, and one VM.Standard.E4.Flex and hasn't been deleted or anything. What gives?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2022

@zutomayo said: It's been more than a month since I created my account and ... when I go to Billing it says "Setup of your account is in progress.

Heh, and I wondered why they still didn't delete Russian user instances 2 weeks ago as they were going to. Could be that their panel is currently screwed up, and automated actions, such as deleting resources or making accounts go in and out of trial are not being performed.

@zutomayo said: What gives?

That in the end you're going to be billed hundreds of thousands of dollars. :)

• @zutomayo said:
    "Setup of your account is in progress. Please try back in 15 minutes."

I created my account nearly 3 weeks ago and I'm in the same twilight zone state. My intention was to convert to a PAYG account. However, I cannot. As they say ... "You only have one chance to make a first impression”. OCI is pretty much a fail, at this point. If they cannot even create new accounts, it concerns me what else doesn't work.

• @zutomayo said:
    How does the trial work? It's been more than a month since I created my account and it still says "You are in a free trial. When your trial is over, your account will be limited to Always Free resources. Upgrade at any time." and when I go to Billing it says "Setup of your account is in progress. Please try back in 15 minutes. If you still face issues, open a technical support ticket to request assistance." and there's nothing on invoices either. I have one ARM and one AMD instances, both Always Free, and one VM.Standard.E4.Flex and hasn't been deleted or anything. What gives?

Their free trial system is incomprehensible, but if you don't need to go beyond it it seems quite useful:

I've never been billed by them. In fact, the "Upgrade" link was broken for me until a month or two ago.

If you do need to go beyond it - good luck. When I tried to tell them it was impossible to upgrade my account their support was either totally useless (live chat) or refused to talk to me until I upgraded my account. I guess it would work now for me, but my guess is the only way to fix your "try back in 15 minutes" problem will be to wait 6 months or so.

• @rm_ said:
    That in the end you're going to be billed hundreds of thousands of dollars. :)

Damn. Good thing the card I used only has one dollar in it

I guess it would work now for me, but my guess is the only way to fix your "try back in 15 minutes" problem will be to wait 6 months or so.
    I can't even see my Subscription Information like you, it just says "Your account provisioning is in progress. You will be able to access the feature after the provisioning is complete."

• I couldn't see that page until recently, it was broken (different error, told me to contact my account manager or something). That's why I say the only solution is "wait 6 months".

• After a while of trying to add the VM.Standard.A1.Flex to the ap-sydney-1 region, it is now available.

Then I couldn’t do the full spec instead had to set it at 3 OCPU & 18GB RAM but on editing the shape configuration after creation then I could set it to 4CPU/24GB RAM.

This is on a Free Tier account with the initial period expired - so I’ll see if its still running in 30days.

edited March 2022

@gowrann said: Then I couldn’t do the full spec instead had to set it at 3 OCPU & 18GB RAM but on editing the shape configuration after creation then I could set it to 4CPU/24GB RAM.

It is a better deal to get two of "2 CPU, 12GB RAM" though. You even have all the IPs and disk space to do that, and they will have independent network. Or what do you run on them, that 12 GB is not enough, and need 18 or 24.

• @rm_ said: It is a better deal to get two of "2 CPU, 12GB RAM" though.

Yeah, good point, if it was for production stuff I would do this, but at this point it's just personal projects

• The always free tier VMs, accessible for a couple of years, suddenly lost their public IPs.

Anyone has the same issue here?

Thanked by 2chedenaz TimboJones
  • xaocxaoc Member
    edited April 2022

@aRNoLD said:
    The always free tier VMs, accessible for a couple of years, suddenly lost their public IPs.

Anyone has the same issue here?

same.

Edit: Mine's in UK and I also know of one in Melbourne AU that lost public IPv4s. There seem to have been some network issues yesterday as well. At least they didn't kill the VMs this time. xD

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • Same here - all of my public IPs in Sydney have disappeared

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • The same in Zurich. Just 5 minutes ago.

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • Same here in APAC. No public IP attached at all. Disappeared :neutral:

• xaocxaoc Member

@Hotmarer said:

I don't think they know what a reserved IP is. =)

• @Hotmarer said:

Haven't used the Zurich area, but in Phoenix I'm sure it's not a bug that they offer reserved ip's for the free tier, and I was still able to successfully create a new reserved ip just now.

• @Anoneko said:

@Hotmarer said:

Haven't used the Zurich area, but in Phoenix I'm sure it's not a bug that they offer reserved ip's for the free tier, and I was still able to successfully create a new reserved ip just now.

I can't create it anymore. It is possible that on days in other areas they will also block this option and change limit.

• @xaoc said:

@Hotmarer said:

I thought 3 reserved IPs were free and 6 dynamic addresses. But it looks like they changed the always free tier.

It's a pity because I lost my reserved IP address with Reverse DNS added.

• xaocxaoc Member
    edited April 2022

@Hotmarer said:

@xaoc said:

@Hotmarer said:

I thought 3 reserved IPs were free and 6 dynamic addresses. But it looks like they changed the always free tier.

It's a pity because I lost my reserved IP address with Reverse DNS added.

If you had 3 reserved IPs then it was because they are/were not removed after trial but the limit was always 1(at least for me and a few of my friends/different regions). For me it was just the one reserved IP and the 4 main VM IPs, it's incompetence at best...

Edit: The "bug" was that the extra IPs, if you had more than 1, were not removed after trial is over.

• Logged in to see all three of my VMs lost their Public IPs. I'm not sure if I was using reserved IPs or not. I understand it's free and all but it would be nice if I was notified via email or something.

@Hotmarer said: It's a pity because I lost my reserved IP address with Reverse DNS added.

And most likely now someone else gets it, still with your Reverse DNS.

• djndjn Member

Nice of them to send a email
    took me ages to notice the public ips had been removed