Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMantis - New Announcement - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMantis - New Announcement

Comments

• WolfWolf Member

@Yura

Just what we already talked about in the other topic.

HM realised it was unsustainable and tried to hide the price increase by blaming crapPanel instead of playing fair and with open cards - knowing customers would be outrageous.

Too bad Mods locked the other topic as people were still in disbelief and tired to "white knight" them.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Mic-hael said:

@emgh said:

@HostMantis said:

@emgh said:
    @FAT32 Ban Hostmantis for falsly setting recurring prices and capitalising on those can't migrate.

Wasn't it in the rules that the provider must sell something else then shared?

If you're a client, have you even tried reaching out to us to see if we can help you?

Yeah. You lowered the discount from 80 to 25 and when complained from 80 to 50. Still shitty.

It's like the same company! Wtf...

@HostMantis said:

@emgh said:

@HostMantis said:

@emgh said:
    @FAT32 Ban Hostmantis for falsly setting recurring prices and capitalising on those can't migrate.

If you're a client, have you even tried reaching out to us to see if we can help you?

Yeah. You lowered the discount from 80 to 25 and when complained from 80 to 50. Still shitty.

So we have in fact tried to help you and to you that was not good enough. Clearly there is nothing we can do at this point that is going to make you happy except give you the old discount, which unfortunately we cannot do.

No you have not. You have risen my prices with nearly 400%. That's really not helping me. You're stupid for not even realising the complaints. It's a crazy increase..

@Yura said:
    @HostMantis why did you raise prices much more than what was necessary? This was admitted by your new announcement. Why did you raise so much? Did you think your customers can be skinned easily?

Because the goal is to profitise on lazy people and unorganized people with auto renewals. They have operated for 10 years. Constantly lowered prices. They go to LET, post 80 off coupons and a month later they higher their prices by 400%. Anyone believeing in them any longer is just being as stupid as their representative on their account at the moment.

• @Yura said:
    @HostMantis why did you raise prices much more than what was necessary? This was admitted by your new announcement. Why did you raise so much? Did you think your customers can be skinned easily?

We technically, did not "raise prices". We instead removed unsustainable promotions and replaced them with a percentage that will not continue to make our company operate at a loss.

• YuraYura Member

@Wolf, @emgh, I'm fully aware of that. I want them to enlighten me and everyone else. Let's hear their side and expose them if they lie to us.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@HostMantis said:

@Yura said:

We technically, did not "raise prices". We instead removed unsustainable promotions and replaced them with a percentage that will not continue to make our company operate at a loss.

How the fuck is that not raising prices???

• YuraYura Member

@HostMantis said:

@Yura said:

That doesn't add up. Why did you replace "percentage" then changed it again. Did you not count it right the first time around or thought you can get away with it? Also, changing discount from 85 to 25 then to 50 shows you could go to your "sustainability levels" with 50% discount. So my question stands.

• @emgh said:

@Mic-hael said:

@emgh said:

@HostMantis said:

@emgh said:

@HostMantis said:

@emgh said:

@HostMantis said:

@emgh said:

So we have in fact tried to help you and to you that was not good enough. Clearly there is nothing we can do at this point that is going to make you happy except give you the old discount, which unfortunately we cannot do.

No you have not. You have risen my prices with nearly 400%. That's really not helping me. You're stupid for not even realising the complaints. It's a crazy increase..

@Yura said:

Because the goal is to profitise on lazy people and unorganized people with auto renewals. They have operated for 10 years. Constantly lowered prices. They go to LET, post 80 off coupons and a month later they higher their prices by 400%. Anyone believeing in them any longer is just being as stupid as their representative on their account at the moment.

There is obviously no pleasing you and it is clear your only intent is to continue to troll, so this will be our last response to you here.

• emghemgh Member
    edited July 2019

@HostMantis said:

@emgh said:

@Mic-hael said:

@emgh said:

@HostMantis said:

@emgh said:

@HostMantis said:

@emgh said:

@HostMantis said:

@emgh said:

@Yura said:

There is obviously no pleasing you and it is clear your only intent is to continue to troll, so this will be our last response to you here.

You raised my prices for 400% lie about it and when I point it out you're telling me that I'm a troll?

Honestly, go to hell.

To any mods feeling like this is getting out of control, please take a look at what this company has done. It's not serious anywhere. Please do understand my sitauation. I signed up for cheap hosting, migrate 20 sites to their platform, they then raise my prices by 400% and now they're telling me technically it's not a raise because they just removed my coupon. It's bullshit. They're bullshit. I've never seen such a ignorant host here. Even Alpharacks played good here in the comments promising to get better. I have never ever seen such a shady hosting provider in my many years here.

My reaction hasen't been more then "Hostmantis sucks" until now, but honestly, I'm tired of their bullshitting. It all fell apart for me when they literally told me the 400% increase in prices isn't really an increase. They got under my skin there. I think that's quite understandable though.

• I saw this coming and moved from Hostmantis to Netlify and Lunanode.

Thanked by 2emgh Spotlight
  • BarisBaris Member

@HostMantis said:

No, you just didn't have balls to admit this straight away. You were hiding behind the cPanel price increase, reminding the people that this is not your fault, that it is cPanel's fault.

That's why I cancelled my account at the end of the billing period. If you would have been honest straight away I would have stayed.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • LeeLee Veteran

HostMantis said: We technically, did not "raise prices". We instead removed unsustainable promotions and replaced them with a percentage that will not continue to make our company operate at a loss.

Well, that is pretty low though, I mean I know cPanel did they dirty on us all but you need to honour the deals you gave, changing them mid-deal... fair enough stop them renewing at the same price and give people plenty notice that will happen and they can move.

• You are only as good as your word. Dress up your price change anyway you want. Rationalize it any way you want.the internet never forgets and breaking your word, sacrificing your honor will stain your resume forever.

Thanked by 2emgh Spotlight
  • emghemgh Member

@Lee said:

HostMantis said: We technically, did not "raise prices". We instead removed unsustainable promotions and replaced them with a percentage that will not continue to make our company operate at a loss.

Well, that is pretty low though, I mean I know cPanel did they dirty on us all but you need to honour the deals you gave, changing them mid-deal... fair enough stop them renewing at the same price and give people plenty notice that will happen and they can move.

I agree with you until the last part. I don't think raising prices by 400% is fair since cPanels increase wasn't even close. Note that they can't even admitt that they even raised their prices. "We technically, did not "raise prices".". It's disgusting coming from a company here on LET. Would not be suprised if EIG did this, but not a LET company with a provider tag.. I have reported them for many shady practices including this one and also the fact that they have only ever offered shared hosting. With any uncommon sense, they'll get their tag revoked.

Thanked by 2buzzyLET Spotlight
  • LeeLee Veteran

emgh said: agree with you until the last part.

Well, any company can change its pricing at any time even in contract, but whilst in contract, they should not be changing it for you, but there is nothing you can do about it once the contract period expires.

• emghemgh Member

@Lee said:

emgh said: agree with you until the last part.

Well, any company can change its pricing at any time even in contract, but whilst in contract, they should not be changing it for you, but there is nothing you can do about it once the contract period expires.

Not legally there isn't. Still a shitty move.

Thanked by 1Spotlight
  • LeeLee Veteran

To be honest though buddy, you need to get over it :)

Appreciate you are pissed at them but you are not going to get anywhere with them. I am sure the mods are watching several providers right now. This won't be the last. Welcome to LET.

Thanked by 2emgh uptime
  • emghemgh Member

@Lee said:
    To be honest though buddy, you need to get over it :)

Appreciate you are pissed at them but you are not going to get anywhere with them. I am sure the mods are watching several providers right now. This won't be the last. Welcome to LET.

Yeah, while the drama is going on though I want to encourage as many people as possible to stay away. Also, they deserve some magic seo reviews.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • YuraYura Member

@emgh said:
    Also, they deserve some magic seo reviews.

HostMantis raped my hooman. HostMantis has bugs in servers. Don't buy HostMantis. RAGE 10 MAKES NO SENSE. PRICE RAISE MAKES NO SENSE.

• WolfWolf Member

@everyone

It was promoted as a "recurring discount" and their old TOS / etc. did not cover any increase from their side. I suggest you read a little bit in the old topic.

Chance is you might be eligible for (at least) a partial refund. Just sayin.

• LeeLee Veteran

Wolf said: Chance is you might be eligible for (at least) a partial refund. Just sayin.

That's an option, get a refund on the unused term, if they refuse and you paid by PP contact them.

• donlidonli Member

@level6 said:
    My shared account renewal will go from $13 a year to over 300% increase next year (80% recurring coupon to 25%). What will you do for shared accounts?

You had Expert plan?

HostMantis shared (non-reseller) hosting price changes (yearly)

Plan List-Price Old (-80% coupon) New (-25% coupon) Increase

Entry $ 16.48 $ 3.30 $ 12.36 + $ 9.06 (+ 275%)

Starter $ 24.88 $ 4.98 $ 18.66 + $ 13.68 (+ 275%)

Advanced $ 42.88 $ 8.58 $ 32.16 + $ 23.58 (+ 275%)

Expert $ 66.88 $ 13.38 $ 50.16 + $ 36.78 (+ 275%)

• emghemgh Member

@Lee said:

Wolf said: Chance is you might be eligible for (at least) a partial refund. Just sayin.

That's an option, get a refund on the unused term, if they refuse and you paid by PP contact them.

Probably smart for resellers. Not for shared clients though. The remaining period is cheap. Oooo that was probably why the decrease in price for resellers, they were requesting refunds since their prices go higher immediately.

• I'm confused wasn't this specifically addressed in the rules after SpeedyKVM increased their "recurring" prices and subsequently banned?

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • @limited said:
    I'm confused wasn't this specifically addressed in the rules after SpeedyKVM increased their "recurring" prices and subsequently banned?

I think so but there wasn't anything for specific situations like "because cPanel"

• FalzoFalzo Member

emgh said: The remaining period is cheap.

so they don't change any price mid-term of your contract. instead they tank whatever cpanel is going to cause them loss and only get back to black after that.

I think your quite butthurt and overreacting. should have gone with the 50% then just to lock it in and if needed still cancel later. BF is coming...

as said before, from the providers perspective would probably been easier to simply cancel all those contracts to the end of their period, instead of changing the 'recurring' price... nobody would have liked that either.

did someone say "you get what you pay for" already?

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • emghemgh Member

@Falzo said:

so they don't change any price mid-term of your contract. instead they tank whatever cpanel is going to cause them loss and only get back to black after that.

I think your quite butthurt and overreacting. should have gone with the 50% then just to lock it in and if needed still cancel later. BF is coming...

as said before, from the providers perspective would probably been easier to simply cancel all those contracts to the end of their period, instead of changing the 'recurring' price... nobody would have liked that either.

I'd gladly pay more. That's not the issue. I'll probably change to a VPS. I think their shady because of the 400% increase while:

1. Hiding behind cPanel
    2. Saying it's not really an increase

If they were totally honest from the beginning I would not have gotten mad. It's their beta-ness that gets to me.

Thanked by 2maverickp Sofia_K
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Mic-hael said:

@limited said:
    I'm confused wasn't this specifically addressed in the rules after SpeedyKVM increased their "recurring" prices and subsequently banned?

I think so but there wasn't anything for specific situations like "because cPanel"

I don't know if the price increase was the reason Gordon got banned.

It wasn't that substantial of a jump either (SpeedyKVM). Just pulled up my old invoice, it was $95.90 for 3 years and renewal in 2020 is $108. So it went up $4/yr (~13% ish).

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Falzo said: as said before, from the providers perspective would probably been easier to simply cancel all those contracts to the end of their period, instead of changing the 'recurring' price...

Or to offer partial refunds (as some others have asked for) to achieve the same outcome. oddly, this is not an option provided by HostMantis. I have the feeling that something else is going on here that we are missing...

Thanked by 2emgh Sofia_K
  • limitedlimited Member
    edited July 2019

@Mic-hael said:

@limited said:

I don't believe anyone is complaining on the hosting company passing on the cPanel increase to their customers. Rather that they decided to increase their prices beyond the cPanel surge by 200-300% while hiding behind them.

Thanked by 3MichaelCee emgh Sofia_K
  • emghemgh Member

@Falzo said:

Also, with the new cPanel price update it's probably not at a loss as you implied.